• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President George W. Bush's Center Video on COVID-19

1) Impeachment means zero. It was a political charade that everyone saw through.
2) Trump's Gallup numbers are at the highest in his administration.
3) Do you really think the senile molester Biden is going to beat him?

It's strange how you focus on that aspect of my post I care least about.

Let's put poll numbers and partisanship aside just for a moment.

Why do you think it's okay to treat your political opponents as if they aren't allowed to participate in the same political system?

Why do you treat your political opponents as enemies?

It's not Trump who's destroying the country. There won't be compromise because the radical left doesn't want compromise. They only way for justice to prevail in America is to defeat these leftwing bastards at the polls.

Who are you talking about? What radical left? Do you mean Antifa? Do you mean AOC and Bernie? Bernie lost the primary. The Democrats chose a much more moderate candidate as their standard-bearer.

This radical left stuff is a fiction Hannity sells you in order to make money off of you.

Yes, there are some people in the Democratic Party who could be described as "far left", but most Democrats are liberals, progressives, or conservatives.

And why are you still using these outdated terms?

The Republican Party is adopting, wholesale, policies promoted by Bernie Sanders:

A universal basic income works because it is universal

Hawley Calls for Monthly Payments for Working Families to Stem Coronavirus Fallout | National Review

Is Sen. Hawley a "leftwing bastard"? Is Senator Hawley the "radical left"? Hawley is now to the left of most of the Democratic Party. Should we call Hawley a "far leftist" or do you only use that term for politicians who support giving federal assistance to people who aren't white?

Last edited:

Why do you think it's okay to treat your political opponents as if they aren't allowed to participate in the same political system?

Could it be because the leftwingers ARE enemies of America and its people?

Bush is compassionate and his heart's in the right place, but he was 1 of the worst presidents we've had in the last 50 years. He and Jimmy Carter were about the same as far as effective leaders, and coincidentally they were both reborn christians if that's any indication.

0bummer was the worst, and he hated Christians.

I know I am not always successful but rather than attack Democrats citizens, when I say Democrats it means their leadership. They are led by corruption. T hat they do not notice does not make citizens bad, it still makes their leaders bad.

So, claims as I make must come with evidence. As my main thesis, but not my only thesis, I point to the laws they bombarded us with since 1933 and trace this back to 1933. Sure it was going on earlier under Wilson, but not nearly so much.

Then the question is are laws good.

To try to give a flavor, when Nixon imposed the speed limit of 55 mph on the nation, was that a good law? And he was a republican.

When he declared old oil was priced different than from new wells, and jailed people like one of my friends, a man locked in prison over oil prices, was Nixon right. The law no longer exists. Suppose Trump restored that lousy law? Then could you call it evil?

I am trying to give you low hanging fruit and laws now gone. But recall they did hurt millions of us.

Recently we had the ACA. Did a few profit? Depends on what you mean. Was it for the common good, definitely not. For instance, nothing in the Obama law helped those of us on Medicare and that system has many flaws. Bush helped me cut down costs of medicine to $1.30 per prescription but he is also hated by Democrats. Figure that out.

They have corrupt leaders. I suspect almost 100 percent of citizens voting for Democrats are decent. But their leaders are pure awful.

When I ran for president of the then local real estate board, I knew corrupt leadership and did not blame the citizen realtors. But they did not know how bad were their leaders.

DznVWh2VAAAyhJd

;)

How is he "bashing" trump ?

:popcorn2:

His message is 'we should all do what the government says and pay homage to this orchestrated farce, this panic. Keep everything shut down. Just the opposite of what Trump is saying'. Bush is being used as a prop by the left. That's why they pretend they like him for now.

Exactly. Dubya was a terrible President but he was Jefferson compared to the current moron in the White House.

Trump doesn't kiss the left's ass. Bush did. That's what you mean, isn't it?

February.....ffs.

ps, next time, don't "accidentally" screw up the quoting to avoid notifying me.

Gallup is polling at 49% for Trump as recently as Friday. I have a whole thread devoted to it.

Who are you talking about? What radical left? Do you mean Antifa? Do you mean AOC and Bernie? Bernie lost the primary. The Democrats chose a much more moderate candidate as their standard-bearer.

This radical left stuff is a fiction Hannity sells you in order to make money off of you.

Yes, there are some people in the Democratic Party who could be described as "far left", but most Democrats are liberals, progressives, or conservatives.

And why are you still using these outdated terms?

The Republican Party is adopting, wholesale, policies promoted by Bernie Sanders:

A universal basic income works because it is universal

Hawley Calls for Monthly Payments for Working Families to Stem Coronavirus Fallout | National Review

Is Sen. Hawley a "leftwing bastard"? Is Senator Hawley the "radical left"? Hawley is now to the left of most of the Democratic Party. Should we call Hawley a "far leftist" or do you only use that term for politicians who support giving federal assistance to people who aren't white?

Democrat leaders remind me of the films The Soprano's and The God Father. Take from some, hand to others trying to sound like good fellas.

Last edited:
Gallup is polling at 49% for Trump as recently as Friday. I have a whole thread devoted to it.

I am still thinking electoral college and not the popular vote. Watch how shrill they get past November 3. If you think you heard the last of them, just wait.

It's one thing to disagree with your political opponents, it's another thing entirely to adopt the position that your political opponents should not be allowed to participate in the same government as you. You're not just being partisan, you are effectively advocating for separation and/or Civil War.

Last edited:
They are led by corruption. T hat they do not notice does not make citizens bad, it still makes their leaders bad.

There is more that goes into this but for the sake of simplicity, my general philosophy is very simple: if Congress passes a law, the President signs it into law, and the Supreme Court does not overturn it, then all citizens, everywhere, no matter their political affiliation, must abide by that law. The consequence of this new style of politics that Trump engages in, where you treat your political opponents as enemies, and anything they do as not valid, will lead to Civil War.

To try to give a flavor, when Nixon imposed the speed limit of 55 mph on the nation, was that a good law? And he was a republican.

There is more that goes into this but for the sake of simplicity, my general philosophy is very simple: if Congress passes a law, the President signs it into law, and the Supreme Court does not overturn it, then all citizens, everywhere, no matter their political affiliation, must abide by that law. That's how the system works. If you don't like a law, you have to work within the system to overturn it. This idea that you should treat your political opponents as enemies is a recipe for Civil War.

When he declared old oil was priced different than from new wells, and jailed people like one of my friends, a man locked in prison over oil prices, was Nixon right. The law no longer exists. Suppose Trump restored that lousy law? Then could you call it evil?

There is more that goes into this but for the sake of simplicity, my general philosophy is very simple: if Congress passes a law, the President signs it, and the Supreme Court does not overrule it, the law is legitimate. If you don't like a particular law, you have to work within the system to overturn it. Now, this is a very simple thought I have presented, but in our current times when Trump supporters and Republicans perceive Democrats as enemies worthy of destruction this very simple statement sounds revolutionary. Yet this is the system the Framers put in place whether you like it or not.

My main criticisms of Nixon and Trump is that they think like authoritarians. When I refer to authoritarians I refer to people who think like Stalin, Hitler, and Mussolini. I perceive Trump to be the kind of person who would ignore the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place, and try to do things in violation of the Constitution, which made Congress and the Judiciary co-equal branches of government. The most egregious example is Trump's attempts to block his senior aides from testifying before Congress in direct violation of the Constitution which gives Congress oversight and investigatory power over the Executive branch.

I am trying to give you low hanging fruit and laws now gone. But recall they did hurt millions of us. Recently we had the ACA. Did a few profit? Depends on what you mean. Was it for the common good, definitely not. For instance, nothing in the Obama law helped those of us on Medicare and that system has many flaws. Bush helped me cut down costs of medicine to $1.30 per prescription but he is also hated by Democrats. Figure that out.

I have my opinions about various laws and policies, but where I differ from most contributors to this forum is that my main focus is on the process or the system as a whole. For the most part, I don't care about policy. I care more about the supremacy of the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place. You think your personal political opinions are more important than the Republic itself. I do not. You think the bad feelings the "fake" news media makes you feel are more important than the Constitution. I do not. I think the Republic is the most important thing. My first and primary loyalty is to the Republic the Framers created, not to any political party, not to any one person. This is in stark contrast to Trump supporters whose primary loyalty is given to Trump himself. It is for this and many other reasons that I see Trump as a direct threat to the Republic. The fact Trump is a threat to the Republic is the main reason motivating me to oppose him. The various policies he supports are secondary and even tertiary to my main, personal, lifetime goal of perpetuating and sustaining the existence of our Republic as long as practically possible.

Last edited:
Former President George W. Bush released a video statement through the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

https://twitter.com/TheBushCenter/status/1256607729151619073

Yeah, this one got to me. Thank you, Mr. President.

God damned it, George W. Bush, the man who caused me to leave the GOP behind, was a far better President than what we have now. How is it so hard for Trump to come forward with messages of unity instead of division?

Democrat leaders remind me of the films The Soprano's and The God Father. Take from some, hand to others trying to sound like good fellas.

You mean like Sen. Hawley?

You mean like the legislation related to PPP which nearly very single Republican voted for?

Coronavirus Small Businesses Stimulus F.A.Q.: PPP, Loans and More - The New York Times

The Republican Party is morally and ideologically bankrupt.

When Republicans refer to "leftists", "radical leftists", "liberals", "left-wingers", etc. they are actually now also referring to members of the Republican Party.

Everything you believe about politics is a lie.

Last edited:
You mean like Sen. Hawley?

You mean like the legislation related to PPP which nearly very single Republican voted for?

Coronavirus Small Businesses Stimulus F.A.Q.: PPP, Loans and More - The New York Times

The Republican Party is morally and ideologically bankrupt.

When Republicans refer to "leftists", "radical leftists", "liberals", "left-wingers", etc. they are actually now also referring to members of the Republican Party.

Everything you believe about politics is a lie.

I want to give you a more complete reply than perhaps you expected.

This will develop the government =/= to the public.

If Government has taken equitably from all of us, a refund is clearly easy to prove that is correct. If those benefiting did so as winners of a purse, past what they paid in, the nation is the loser.

Party in this case is not relevant.

I mostly care about bad laws. Such as Dodd Frank. I saw personally some of the damage and it was not done equitably to all citizens.

God damned it, George W. Bush, the man who caused me to leave the GOP behind, was a far better President than what we have now. How is it so hard for Trump to come forward with messages of unity instead of division?

I am virtually 100 percent positive you left the GOP behind due to the massive hate campaign the media has for him even today. Not due to Bush actually harming you, but when the media reported on Bush, it proved to me and other GOP it was out to divide America. It failed to sway me, seems as if it swayed you. IMO

There is more that goes into this but for the sake of simplicity, my general philosophy is very simple: if Congress passes a law, the President signs it into law, and the Supreme Court does not overturn it, then all citizens, everywhere, no matter their political affiliation, must abide by that law. The consequence of this new style of politics that Trump engages in, where you treat your political opponents as enemies, and anything they do as not valid, will lead to Civil War.

There is more that goes into this but for the sake of simplicity, my general philosophy is very simple: if Congress passes a law, the President signs it into law, and the Supreme Court does not overturn it, then all citizens, everywhere, no matter their political affiliation, must abide by that law. That's how the system works. If you don't like a law, you have to work within the system to overturn it. This idea that you should treat your political opponents as enemies is a recipe for Civil War.

There is more that goes into this but for the sake of simplicity, my general philosophy is very simple: if Congress passes a law, the President signs it, and the Supreme Court does not overrule it, the law is legitimate. If you don't like a particular law, you have to work within the system to overturn it. Now, this is a very simple thought I have presented, but in our current times when Trump supporters and Republicans perceive Democrats as enemies worthy of destruction this very simple statement sounds revolutionary. Yet this is the system the Framers put in place whether you like it or not.

My main criticisms of Nixon and Trump is that they think like authoritarians. When I refer to authoritarians I refer to people who think like Stalin, Hitler, and Mussolini. I perceive Trump to be the kind of person who would ignore the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place, and try to do things in violation of the Constitution, which made Congress and the Judiciary co-equal branches of government. The most egregious example is Trump's attempts to block his senior aides from testifying before Congress in direct violation of the Constitution which gives Congress oversight and investigatory power over the Executive branch.

I have my opinions about various laws and policies, but where I differ from most contributors to this forum is that my main focus is on the process or the system as a whole. For the most part, I don't care about policy. I care more about the supremacy of the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place. You think your personal political opinions are more important than the Republic itself. I do not. You think the bad feelings the "fake" news media makes you feel are more important than the Constitution. I do not. I think the Republic is the most important thing. My first and primary loyalty is to the Republic the Framers created, not to any political party, not to any one person. This is in stark contrast to Trump supporters whose primary loyalty is given to Trump himself. It is for this and many other reasons that I see Trump as a direct threat to the Republic. The fact Trump is a threat to the Republic is the main reason motivating me to oppose him. The various policies he supports are secondary and even tertiary to my main, personal, lifetime goal of perpetuating and sustaining the existence of our Republic as long as practically possible.

You shrugged off what Nixon did to focus on Trump.

Several times you made the explicit statement that so long as Congress approves and the president approves, good enough with you.
But so far, you made no case that congress does not approve Trump and clearly he signs laws and according to you all are approved to you based on your own principles.

Little Bush Jr. recognizes covid-19 is a serious issue I see. Pray for him because he thinks prayers can defeat a virus. Too bad he was clueless for the 8 years he was president.

Indeed he was. I never thought a president would be as bad as him again but trump seems on intent on making bush the second worst potus ever.

I am virtually 100 percent positive you left the GOP behind due to the massive hate campaign the media has for him even today. Not due to Bush actually harming you, but when the media reported on Bush, it proved to me and other GOP it was out to divide America. It failed to sway me, seems as if it swayed you. IMO

Your opinion is crap and completely wrong. But continue to have it and think that you can know the thoughts of others.

lol

You shrugged off what Nixon did to focus on Trump.

Many Republicans and Trump supporters think Democrats do not deserve the same rights to participate in the same government as them and should be forbidden from making policy. I tried to convey to you and others the idea that treating your political opponents as enemies is a recipe for Civil War. You switched to this line of argument where you try to pin the blame of this acrimony on Democratic Party leaders and then tried to claim that your primary irritation is not Democrats but their "bad" laws. But, if you are a true believer in the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place you will not only not like bad laws, but you will also tolerate them because you understand that in the long-run the process for making group decisions as a country, the process the Founders of our country put in place, will ultimately produce the best outcomes in the long run. And, if there is a law you do not like, you understand that to change the law does not require a revolution, but to work within the system to change it. That is why I avoided discussion of Nixon's price controls. His policies are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But that's kind of the problem isn't it? Trump supporters like yourself aren't thinking about the grand scheme of things, isn't that right?

Several times you made the explicit statement that so long as Congress approves and the president approves, good enough with you. But so far, you made no case that congress does not approve Trump and clearly he signs laws and according to you all are approved to you based on your own principles.

Well, it depends on the issue or topic. I did mention in my latest post to which you now respond, that Trump is refusing to comply with requests from Congress to allow his senior aides to testify before Congress. This is in violation of the Constitution as Congress has oversight and investigatory authority over the Executive branch, and with respect to this specific issue, it was determined by previous Supreme Court rulings and rulings of the lower courts in the Federal judiciary. We can also point to Trump's various attempts to obstruct justice as outlined in the Mueller report. We can point to Trump's violations of the Appropriations clause in the Constitution when he decided to fund the building of the wall without authorization from Congress. We can point to Trump's frequent violations of the Emoluments clause in the Constitution. The list goes on.

I think, in general, Trump does not believe in the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place. And people like Hannity and Limbaugh excuse his violations of the law and the Constitution by creating a fake "war" on the "enemy", in this case, Democrats, more important than the Republic itself.

Last edited:
Your opinion is crap and completely wrong. But continue to have it and think that you can know the thoughts of others.

lol

I would have prefered any retort not be aimed at me and be rather words about your own belief system as to why you left the GOP and include Bush in your whys.

Back
Top Bottom