• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Practice saying "President Clinton."

He's down a max of 7 or 8 point nationally. Give the GOP voters a chance to see the error of their ways and realize what Clinton would be like as POTUS

....no different from what he would be like as POTUS, except that she is more corrupt and the Democrats would get blamed, whereas he is more insane, and the Republicans would get blamed?

and BOOM, Trump surges on election day.

Ah. So is "the only poll that counts is November!" going to be the rallying-cry-against-reality for the next few months?

I've said it before: Trump is a cartoon dreamed up by a far-leftist loon's fever-dream of what a Republican looks like. A cartoon that just so happens to be entirely accurate with a not-insignificant portion of Republican voters taken into account.

I would like to take a moment to register that I am impressed that you can see that. Understanding those who do indeed see the world differently than you is difficult. :)

No. And a famous right wing writer whose name I can't remember right now specifically said that. I'm inclined to think you read the same editorial that I did, or that the conclusion is so intuitive to deduce that anybody could be expected to arrive at it as well.

The hotel I'm staying at is serving free beer. I can't remember where I read that, or if I did.

I would like to take a moment to register that I am impressed that you can see that. Understanding those who do indeed see the world differently than you is difficult. :)

I'm conscious enough to know when somebody fits a pre-conceived stereotype a little too conveniently.

But Trump inspires numerous conspiracy theories. We may never know the truth until long after the dust has settled.

I'm conscious enough to know when somebody fits a pre-conceived stereotype a little too conveniently.

But Trump inspires numerous conspiracy theories. We may never know the truth until long after the dust has settled.
If ever there was a potential villain who would be vulnerable to monologuing...

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

....no different from what he would be like as POTUS, except that she is more corrupt and the Democrats would get blamed, whereas he is more insane, and the Republicans would get blamed?

Ah. So is "the only poll that counts is November!" going to be the rallying-cry-against-reality for the next few months?

The "reality" is if we don't support the GOP nominee, Hillary R. Clinton WILL be the next President of the USA. There's no two ways about it.

I'm counting on GOP voters to see the light.

I've been saying it the entire time. Trump is a Clinton plant.

donald-hillary-800.jpg

These people need to be ****ing arrested. Seriously.

Right. A 70 yr. old billionaire business man has nothing better to do with his life than be a plant for a worthless POS like Hillary Clinton.

You hear how insane that sounds?

+1

Many pay sites have a free monthly or initial use allotment of free reads.

If you've hit that limit by clicking on other forum posters' links here, you're SOL. Apparently some forum members such as Renea, myself, and others have hit the WaPo Online limit, but you and some others have not:

YOU'VE READ YOUR MONTHLY LIMIT OF FREE ARTICLES

Washington Post Subscriptions
You obviously love great journalism.
With special savings on our National Digital edition, you'll never miss a single story again.

Get the National Digital edition
Show me more offers

You may not care, but it interferes with other forum members ability to view your source materials and effectively participate in your thread.

Unfortunately it's not always readily apparent a given site is a pay site, until you run afoul of the free viewing limit.

Thanks for this info. I've been told before that I've posted something from behind a paywall and knew that the article was open since I was reading it without any trouble. That clears up alot of confusion.

Not strolling in any bubble. Just observing. Lot's of extraordinary effort by the Progressive Machine to find any nail to hang a coat on. To me, that suggest substantial fear.

I didn't deny Hillary will be President, but given how offensive she is to a very large population of people, it seems wise to consider the jury is still out.

I agree. I'm not optimistic regardless of the election outcome, but it's traditional to have the election before the inauguration.

The fact that Clinton is projected to win by "only" 7.6% is an illustration of Clinton's creepy inhuman-ness, and not because of Trump's superior ideas.

I'd say that this also stems from "I'm X party, therefor I'm voting for the X candidate." Any other democrat, even one that's a great or fresh politician like Obama was in 2008 might be beating Trump by 10-12% instead of 7.6%?

Donald Trump simply isn't running the typical campaign. He's not going to bring in a bunch of money and buy expensive ads. He's using social media, he's playing the media to spread his message etc. and even though I loath the mans message, up until this very bad two weeks he's had, it worked very well for him. He was getting his supporters fired up without spending much money at all. If campaign spending meant anything then Jeb would be the nominee.

I think Trump will win or lose based on how he behaves and evolves as the election goes on, and I think he has a yuuge hill to climb. But I doubt his lack of funds will be the deciding factor. I'd say that a lack of contributions hurts the republicans down ticket, if it extends to the RNC, far more so than Trump.
It has worked well for him, so far. Problem is, it's uncontrollable. If it turns against him, great damage could be done before he can recover. He's already said and done a couple things recently that are getting even some of his reluctant allies to question him and their support of him.

"President Hillary Clinton". Blah! Makes my skin crawl!

No doubt we will have another 4 years of the same old thing -- the hell of watching the country deteriorate while the liberals and pundits tell us how good things are. The hell of watching our civil rights disappear while pinheads proclaim "social justice". The hell of watching "progressives" regress and "liberals" be illiberal. The hell of watching our economy stagnate while Hillary tells us how necessary all those regulations are. And the hell of watching Hillary take more and more and more money for herself. Among other things.

Not that Trump will be any better, it will just be a different sort of hell.

It has worked well for him, so far. Problem is, it's uncontrollable. If it turns against him, great damage could be done before he can recover. He's already said and done a couple things recently that are getting even some of his reluctant allies to question him and their support of him.

He's uncontrollable. He's a republican candidate who's talking about supporting gun control, universal healthcare, raving about how the judge is Mexican etc. If he would have just kept on topic, but still being his bombastic self, the polls I bet would be much closer. I mean, he said that the dictator of North Korea could come to the US and Trump would have no problem speaking with him etc. I mean, you can be bombastic and over the top without saying stupid **** that pisses off your base.

The "reality" is if we don't support the GOP nominee, Hillary R. Clinton WILL be the next President of the USA. There's no two ways about it.

I'm counting on GOP voters to see the light.

Being totally against Hillary as POTUS, that kinda narrows down your options significantly.

"President Hillary Clinton". Blah! Makes my skin crawl!

No doubt we will have another 4 years of the same old thing -- the hell of watching the country deteriorate while the liberals and pundits tell us how good things are. The hell of watching our civil rights disappear while pinheads proclaim "social justice". The hell of watching "progressives" regress and "liberals" be illiberal. The hell of watching our economy stagnate while Hillary tells us how necessary all those regulations are. And the hell of watching Hillary take more and more and more money for herself. Among other things.

Not that Trump will be any better, it will just be a different sort of hell.

The hell of watching ever more and more scandals and corruption of escalating heinousness and negative impact on the nation at the highest levels of government.

All told, a case could be made that Trump has higher moral standards than Hillary, as if that were a surprise.

I'd say that this also stems from "I'm X party, therefor I'm voting for the X candidate." Any other democrat, even one that's a great or fresh politician like Obama was in 2008 might be beating Trump by 10-12% instead of 7.6%?

Oh, easily.

The hell of watching ever more and more scandals and corruption of escalating heinousness and negative impact on the nation at the highest levels of government.

All told, a case could be made that Trump has higher moral standards than Hillary, as if that were a surprise.

What moral standards would these be? As more information continues to come out about how he does business, I'm not sure what moral standards you may be referring to.

[bold mine]

I absolutely agree that he could "reinvent" himself because the voting public has a middlingly shorter attention span than a fruit fly's, and the new tin foil hat I've donned has led me to believe that he hasn't done so because he doesn't want to be President. In fact, if we were to plug a pair of headphones into his brain and listen to his thoughts, what we'd hear would be probably be, "Wait, what? I won the primary? Jesus H. tap-dancing Christ, what do I have to say to get kicked out of this damn race?"

I agree fully. Trump does not want to win. It scares him as much as the rest of the world. He also does not throw money at losing causes which is why he has stopped spending his money.

Oh, easily.

What moral standards would these be? As more information continues to come out about how he does business, I'm not sure what moral standards you may be referring to.

It's a case of some (Trump) vs. totally absent of any (Hillary).

In an NPR interview this morning, and evangelical leader stated something on the order of 'Trump has fantastic kids, and you can't raise kids like that without good moral character' - (I'm paraphrasing from memory). This was part of a report that covered Trump's address to the Evangelical meeting in NYC yesterday I think it was.

It's a case of some (Trump) vs. totally absent of any (Hillary).

In an NPR interview this morning, and evangelical leader stated something on the order of 'Trump has fantastic kids, and you can't raise kids like that without good moral character' - (I'm paraphrasing from memory). This was part of a report that covered Trump's address to the Evangelical meeting in NYC yesterday I think it was.

So the evidence of his moral character is...he raised kids?

So the evidence of his moral character is...he raised kids?

Are kids character not a reflection of the parent's character?
Where do you think most of a kids character comes from?

Nope, we are individuals and many a good parent had a child that turned out badly, just as some children turn out good despite having awful parents. Oh and some evangelist saying he is a moral man des not make it so, heck Trump is not even a good Christian yet is supported by some that believe only a Christian should be supported for the WH, seems like some on the right have lost their minds.

It's a grim list of achievements, is all I'm saying. "Here's my kid, I managed not to turn him into a psychopath. Vote for me in 2016."

He's at least tied with Clinton in that regard.

Right. A 70 yr. old billionaire business man has nothing better to do with his life than be a plant for a worthless POS like Hillary Clinton.

You hear how insane that sounds?

Donald Trump? A plant for Clinton to receive political favors for life?
It's absolutely insane, but it makes complete sense coming from these sociopaths.

Back
Top Bottom