• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Practice saying "President Clinton."

IIRC, WP allows people to read about 6 articles a month for free. More than that, and you have to pay to subscribe

Huh, oh well. I wonder if they can do that if you have ghostery, adblock and all that other stuff installed.

I have no idea. I think he's egotistical enough to want it, but he also literally cannot seem to stop himself from saying some of the dumbest, most unthoughtful, tediously self-unaware comments; he's been doing that for a year now, but given that he's now entered the post-primary stage, he doesn't seem like he can adapt at any level. But his whole approach is such a cluster **** that it is honestly too difficult to guess what's going on here. Trump is either not capable of stopping himself from acting like a crazy narcissist or else he is every bit of the crazy narcissist that people expect him to be.

I see contentless, fatuous posts still aren't beneath you.

When someone spouts the same ol' tired rhetoric about a Republican, I can't help but make light of it.
But this guy...he one of you.

Panic mode? I think you've confused them for the GOP, who is currently busy rewriting the rules so they can opt for a different nominee.

I rest my case. :lamo

While it would certainly be unique for a workable strategy to deliberately eschew a functioning campaign for ridiculous soundbites and bigoted tweets, I feel relatively confident saying that it's not going to happen. While many references have already been made to Idiocracy, we're not quite there yet. The fact that Clinton is projected to win by "only" 7.6% is an illustration of Clinton's creepy inhuman-ness, and not because of Trump's superior ideas.

Ridiculous soundbites like " He's written a lot of books about the economy but they all end in chapter 11."

That there is brilliant. 8)

He hasn't toned down because he is psychologically incapable of doing so. He's an extreme narcissist. Toning down would require him to recognize that what he does won't work, and he psyche won't allow him to admit he is wrong. Not ever. In addition, his winning the GOP nomination just reinforces his belief that he's on the right path

I've always had a difficult time imagining somebody to actually be that stupid and unaware. While I'm aware of the saying that you should never ascribe to malicious intent that can be explained by negligence, believing it has always been another matter when the circumstances are so blatant.

I rest my case. :lamo

What case?

Last edited:
You just have to delete your cookies.

Maybe I just have my settings to delete cookies after I close my browser. Dunno, don't care. It's just the Washington Post.

Donald Trump isn’t running a bad campaign. He’s not really running a campaign at all.

The article is overwhelming in the difference it illustrates between Clinton and Trump's campaign. While Trump has been having a jolly time getting free press for saying ridiculous, amoral, and extraordinarily inconsistent things, that will not transform into a general election win. Meanwhile, Clinton's campaign machine was thoroughly constructed, up and running since the beginning of her primary campaign. You'd almost think she's done this before.

Consider the differences in ad spending in critical swing states:

View attachment 67203086

I first became aware of the claim some weeks ago that Trump wasn't actually running a campaign, but I think this article most clearly delivers the numbers that supports this theory. It's also why I am tempted to risk making a fool of myself and join the voices who say that Donald is deliberately running a failed campaign to deliver the White House to Hillary. But what do you think? After reading the article and taking in the stark contrast with Clinton's strategy, do the numbers support a picture of a campaign intended to win?

I guess it's possible to see that in comparison, Trump has demonstrated he can get things done with a relatively small group of people, while Clinton demonstrates the massive expensive machine she requires with everything she does.

With so many people really pissed at big government, the massive taxpayer funded machine approach might not fit with the mood. If so, it might be prudent to hum "President Trump" every once in awhile, just in case.

IIRC, WP allows people to read about 6 articles a month for free. More than that, and you have to pay to subscribe

Yeah, I got this message:
The washington Post
1-800-477-4679 Help Desk Live Chat Contact Us
You've read your limit of free articles for this month.

I guess it's possible to see that in comparison, Trump has demonstrated he can get things done with a relatively small group of people, while Clinton demonstrates the massive expensive machine she requires with everything she does.

With so many people really pissed at big government, the massive taxpayer funded machine approach might not fit with the mood. If so, it might be prudent to hum "President Trump" every once in awhile, just in case.

You might want to stroll outside of your bubble to get an idea of Trump's favorability ratings. Otherwise you might make the same mistake Republicans did right before the Obama/Romney election, or the same mistake I made right before the Bush/Kerry election.

The rank and file kook left is in panic mode. They know deep down DJT is going to rake Crooked Hilly over the coals. Whether you like the guy or not, he's going to kick Hilly's butt up between her shoulders. Win or lose it's going to be funny as hell this summer. Can't wait.

Dozens of millions of voters couldn't stop Barack Obama - twice. What makes you so confident that people will come out in droves to support Trump?

You might want to stroll outside of your bubble to get an idea of Trump's favorability ratings. Otherwise you might make the same mistake Republicans did right before the Obama/Romney election, or the same mistake I made right before the Bush/Kerry election.

Not strolling in any bubble. Just observing. Lot's of extraordinary effort by the Progressive Machine to find any nail to hang a coat on. To me, that suggest substantial fear.

I didn't deny Hillary will be President, but given how offensive she is to a very large population of people, it seems wise to consider the jury is still out.

The rank and file kook left is in panic mode. They know deep down DJT is going to rake Crooked Hilly over the coals. Whether you like the guy or not, he's going to kick Hilly's butt up between her shoulders. Win or lose it's going to be funny as hell this summer. Can't wait.

Trump's scampaign is going to implode, and Hillary is sadly going to be President. The year the GOP could have shut down Obama we instead chose the chump... just... mind boggled.

I'm not getting a pay wall, and I have no subscription to the Washington Post.

you get like 10 free articles a month then it requires a subscription.

Donald Trump isn’t running a bad campaign. He’s not really running a campaign at all.

The article is overwhelming in the difference it illustrates between Clinton and Trump's campaign. While Trump has been having a jolly time getting free press for saying ridiculous, amoral, and extraordinarily inconsistent things, that will not transform into a general election win. Meanwhile, Clinton's campaign machine was thoroughly constructed, up and running since the beginning of her primary campaign. You'd almost think she's done this before.

Consider the differences in ad spending in critical swing states:

View attachment 67203086

I first became aware of the claim some weeks ago that Trump wasn't actually running a campaign, but I think this article most clearly delivers the numbers that supports this theory. It's also why I am tempted to risk making a fool of myself and join the voices who say that Donald is deliberately running a failed campaign to deliver the White House to Hillary. But what do you think? After reading the article and taking in the stark contrast with Clinton's strategy, do the numbers support a picture of a campaign intended to win?

The bottom line is this. The Democrats have offered up the most vulnerable, most beatable candidate in our recent history...only to be matched by the GOP offering up the worst candidate in out ENTIRE history. The base will vote for Trump. Some of the moderates will as well, while a large swath of Republicans sit it out...again. However the Indies, Liberals and Moderate Democrats will all vote for Clinton. The GOP has no one to blame for this abortion but themselves and their bobble-headed base.

Would it be less disturbing if there were naked pics of the Donald in there?

Greetings, tres borrachos. :2wave:

OMG, tres! You have no idea what you just did to my day, which was going along fairly nicely till now! :shock: :afraid:

Back
Top Bottom