• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Practice saying "President Clinton."

Yes indeed!

What Folly! :2rofll::2rofll:

I agree. If they end up rewriting the rules they'll delegitimize themselves and Republicans will have zero faith that their votes could ever count. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I agree. If they end up rewriting the rules they'll delegitimize themselves and Republicans will have zero faith that their votes could ever count. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Nooooooooooooooo, re-writing the rules..............and your opinion....is Folly!

Nooooooooooooooo, re-writing the rules..............and your opinion....is Folly!

So you think they should rewrite the rules to get rid of Donald?

Re: Practice saying "President Clinton."

You might want to double check how that works. The majority of college students were raised in families that were above the median household income. In top colleges, the phenomenon is even more pronounced.

It is true that parental wealth has a strong impact on where children end up. Are you trying to deny that ?
Not at all. It simply does not follow that those who go to college can't be considered to have earned, rather than inherited, their wealth.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

The rank and file kook left is in panic mode. They know deep down DJT is going to rake Crooked Hilly over the coals. Whether you like the guy or not, he's going to kick Hilly's butt up between her shoulders. Win or lose it's going to be funny as hell this summer. Can't wait.
Latest polling has Hillary ahead by double digits. But you keep on insisting that reality is optional.

There is serious risk and loss in both courses of action. Certainly Trump has disqualified himself from being POTUS, and it is also true that he won with a smaller minority of GOP voters, making a case that he's not a party unity candidate. There is precedent - the party took similar steps to make sure that Teddy Roosevelt didn't remake the GOP in a progressive image in 1912.

At the same time, the clear expectation is that the State laws will apply, even where they can't force themselves. Breaking that unwritten agreement and keeping out a candidate who came to the convention with a reasonable presumption of 1237 committed delegates would create the mother of all betrayal narratives, and make the ongoing GOP civil conflict more acrimonious. It could set us up for endless demagogues following in Trumps path of preying on the stupid by making loud angry noises and promising simple solutions to complex problems based on targeting disliked groups.

Either way, the GOP could be finished. If that is the case, I'd rather the Party of Lincoln's final face not be this addled serial liar with his ugly alt right agenda.

As I understand it, it's not really a rewriting that's being proposed. Technically, every delegate with the exception of 1976 has been free - state laws do not bind private parties. It's just that, since 1976, with the exception of an attempt by the Paul people to make trouble in 2012, no one has done anything but considered themselves bound. If the delegates cannot, in good conscience, vote for a serial lying big government liberal authoritarian with decrepit moral character... things might get interesting.

I'd put the odds at about 2.5%

So you think they should rewrite the rules to get rid of Donald?
He and his supporters spent the entire primary gleefully campaigning on the idea that they were rewriting the rules. It would be deliciously ironic if they fell by the same sword.

Re: Practice saying "President Clinton."

Not at all. It simply does not follow that those who go to college can't be considered to have earned, rather than inherited, their wealth.

Of course, the origins of their current assets are irrelevant. What is relevant is the assistance that they received across their entire life.

There is serious risk and loss in both courses of action. Certainly Trump has disqualified himself from being POTUS, and it is also true that he won with a smaller minority of GOP voters, making a case that he's not a party unity candidate. There is precedent - the party took similar steps to make sure that Teddy Roosevelt didn't remake the GOP in a progressive image in 1912.

At the same time, the clear expectation is that the State laws will apply, even where they can't force themselves. Breaking that unwritten agreement and keeping out a candidate who came to the convention with a reasonable presumption of 1237 committed delegates would create the mother of all betrayal narratives, and make the ongoing GOP civil conflict more acrimonious. It could set us up for endless demagogues following in Trumps path of preying on the stupid by making loud angry noises and promising simple solutions to complex problems based on targeting disliked groups.

Either way, the GOP could be finished. If that is the case, I'd rather the Party of Lincoln's final face not be this addled serial liar with his ugly alt right agenda.

Just for the record, this is (probably) where I got the "rewriting the rules" proposal. Note the grim tone at having to even entertain the option.

Republican leaders consider rewriting convention rules - POLITICO

He and his supporters spent the entire primary gleefully campaigning on the idea that they were rewriting the rules. It would be deliciously ironic if they fell by the same sword.

Good point. lol

Greetings, tres borrachos. :2wave:

OMG, tres! You have no idea what you just did to my day, which was going along fairly nicely till now! :shock: :afraid:

I was actually nauseated for a minute after reading what tres borrachos posted. I had to take a break but I back now.

I was actually nauseated for a minute after reading what tres borrachos posted. I had to take a break but I back now.

Greetings, Texmex. :2wave:

:lamo :thumbs:

Clinton is a Nasty, Crooked, Lying, Bitch! I've been saying it for 25 years and if she is elected, I will still say the same thing.

For those who support her, they are nothing but stinking jock straps!

You've got eight years of heartache coming your way. Better go buy a gas mask. :lol:

She was handed a job at NBC. She got televised spots instantly. Others have to work for years to get that exposure. Trumps children work with him.

And if it counts Chelsea is butt ugly, Trumps daughter not so much.

And just how many beauty contests have you won?

How would the way I look change Chelseas ugliness?

It might give us some perspective on your ability to judge ugly. For all I know, you have been looking at ugliness for years. It might affect your ability to judge correctly.

It might give us some perspective on your ability to judge ugly. For all I know, you have been looking at ugliness for years. It might affect your ability to judge correctly.

No, that isn't it. You resent the fact I said it.

I expected nothing better from you.

And I expected a comment just like that one and said it anyway. What does that tell you?

And I expected a comment just like that one and said it anyway. What does that tell you?

It tells me that you are shallow and petty.

Back
Top Bottom