• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

POLL SHOCKER: Sununu Beats Biden for Prez in New Hampshire Head-to-Head

I would be happy with Sununu . . . except he's a Republican!

20 years ago, I could vote GOP. I've done it in the past. But, my conscience won't let it fly today.

He is the only Republican I voted for on my 2020 ballot. In spite of my disgust with the GOP, I still support Sununu. He's a good man. So was his brother.

But I agree with you. It is going to be very hard for me to ever consciously vote for a Republican again until they wash the stink of Trump, Nunes, Gosar, MTG, Boebert etc. off themselves.

I can't not vote for Sununu though. That I will absolutely do unless he becomes a Trump Panty Sniffer. Then he goes off my list forever.

Not even close to being a shocker with Sununu.

He’s a popular gop governor who isn’t batshit crazy trump QAnon libertaryan reich.

He’s the face of the northeast gop, as with Scott, Baker and Hogan, even Collins.

Do you think Kamala would fair any better?
People in California wouldn't even vote for her. A recent poll puts her popularity there (her home state) something like 10 points below Biden.

He is the only Republican I voted for on my 2020 ballot. In spite of my disgust with the GOP, I still support Sununu. He's a good man. So was his brother.

But I agree with you. It is going to be very hard for me to ever consciously vote for a Republican again until they wash the stink of Trump, Nunes, Gosar, MTG, Boebert etc. off themselves.

I can't not vote for Sununu though. That I will absolutely do unless he becomes a Trump Panty Sniffer. Then he goes off my list forever.

It's an interesting quandary, though.

Let's say Sununu somehow got the nomination, running against Trump. Unless I like the Dem candidate better, I could see value in voting Sununu into office, thereby dispelling Trumpism from much of the Party. We'd all be for better, right? My vote for Sununu would essentially be a vote to exorcise Trump from the political gravitas to once again accede to the Presidency.

But . . . it's all moot, I believe.

The 2024 nomination will be Trumpian, I'm fairly certain; Trump, or DeSantis.

It's an interesting quandary, though.

Let's say Sununu somehow got the nomination, running against Trump. Unless I like the Dem candidate better, I could see value in voting Sununu into office, thereby dispelling Trumpism from much of the Party. We'd all be for better, right? My vote for Sununu would essentially be a vote to exorcise Trump from the political gravitas to once again accede to the Presidency.

But . . . it's all moot, I believe.

The 2024 nomination will be Trumpian, I'm fairly certain; Trump, or DeSantis.
'I won't vote for that piece of shit Trump and I won't vote for that piece of shit DeSantis. If either of them is the nominee, they lost me for another cycle.

I would vote for Sununu against any likely Democratic candidate at this point, but that's just me. But I would vote for Mayor Pete or Michael Bennet over him, I think. Just to keep idiots like MTG and Gosar in check.

He’s a popular gop governor who isn’t batshit crazy trump QAnon libertaryan reich.

He’s the face of the northeast gop, as with Scott, Baker and Hogan, even Collins.

IMO he's in the mold of the old "Rockefeller Republican's".

I'd love to see Baker challenge those nitwits Trump and DeSantis. But he won't, because Trump's Panty Sniffers won't allow it.

People in California wouldn't even vote for her. A recent poll puts her popularity there (her home state) something like 10 points below Biden.

Yes, I can see all of California voting for Trump instead of the Democratic candidate.:rolleyes:

'I won't vote for that piece of shit Trump and I won't vote for that piece of shit DeSantis. If either of them is the nominee, they lost me for another cycle.

I would vote for Sununu against any likely Democratic candidate at this point, but that's just me. But I would vote for Mayor Pete or Michael Bennet over him, I think. Just to keep idiots like MTG and Gosar in check.

Oh girl, you're losing any last vestiges of Conservative or Republican gravitas you may have left! :p

But on the Dem's side, I like Buttigieg.
I don't like Buttigieg, but he's definitely a strong contender. I often wonder how he'd have ended up if he stayed in the primaries. Though with the way things are heading the 2024 election would just be the GOP calling him slurs and claiming he is a groomer in campaign ads.

Posted to Politics
April 18, 2022
by Michael Graham

Screen-Shot-2022-01-19-at-9.54.56-PM-300x300.png

If the 2024 election were held today, and the two candidates for president were Democrat Joe Biden and Republican Chris Sununu, the GOP governor would trounce Biden in New Hampshire 53-36 percent.

That was just one of the many problematic findings for Biden from a new NHJournal poll released Monday night.

The poll also found Granite Staters believe America is on the wrong track by a nearly 3-to-1 margin (64-23 percent), and only 14 percent “strongly approve” of how Biden is doing his job.

poll-4-18-biden-sununu-1024x285.png

On the question of whether Biden would be “physically and mentally up to the job” if America faced a crisis like war or another pandemic, a solid majority – 54 percent – said no.

“New Hampshire voters are angry and frustrated, and these brutal numbers make clear that in November, they intend to hold President Biden fully accountable for everything, from inflation and a porous border to Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars,” said veteran GOP strategist Jim Merrill, who has worked on multiple presidential campaigns in New Hampshire.

poll-4-18-biden-old-1024x252.png

“Concerning 2024, the silent primary is already underway, and these numbers make clear that President Biden’s re-election hopes are dead in the water, while the speculation about a potential presidential candidacy by Gov. Sununu is – and will continue to be – very much alive,” Merrill added.

Biden’s problem isn’t Republicans. In America’s current polarized politics, having a job approval of just 13 percent with GOP voters is expected. But Biden’s numbers among Granite State independents are disastrous: 34 percent approve/61 percent disapprove. And 63 percent say they have little or no confidence that he is mentally and physically able to handle a crisis.

(...)

A very unorthodox poll, because it's a state that Biden won by 7 against Trump - but they tested Biden at a polling low, against the incumbent Republican governor of New Hampshire who is among the most popular governors in the country.

Sununu therefore enjoys a huge home state advantage over Biden, but outside NH no voter knows who Sununu is ...
Please explain why that is a "shocker"?

Oh girl, you're losing any last vestiges of Conservative or Republican gravitas you may have left! :p
Anyone who would vote for "Mayor Pete" has no vestige of conservatism. He was mayor of a small city and spent his time campaigning for an office he had zero chance of winning. He then went on to be appointed to a cabinet post he had zero qualification to hold. The transportation sector has gone no where but down. (oh yeah.. that's Trump's fault, or Putin, or the pandemic.}

I don't like Buttigieg,

Just wondering, 'why'?

but he's definitely a strong contender. I often wonder how he'd have ended up if he stayed in the primaries. Though with the way things are heading the 2024 election would just be the GOP calling him slurs and claiming he is a groomer in campaign ads.

It may sound crazy, but I see Mayor Pete as a sort of a 'JFK for the new millennium.

Anyone who would vote for "Mayor Pete" has no vestige of conservatism. He was mayor of a small city and spent his time campaigning for an office he had zero chance of winning. He then went on to be appointed to a cabinet post he had zero qualification to hold. The transportation sector has gone no where but down. (oh yeah.. that's Trump's fault, or Putin, or the pandemic.}

After the pervious administration, character, judgement, intelligence, and education & knowledge are my voting criteria.

No one I know who voted for Biden has a strong affinity for him. He has the distinction of being the POTUS candidate with the most votes in the history of US presidential elections because people loathed Trump that much. 81.2 MILLION voters weren't saying "We love Biden" so much as "FOR ****'S SAKE ANYONE BUT TRUMP."

I will happily revert back to considering a GOP candidate in 2024 provided a) it is not Trump, and b) it is not a Trump lickspittle/cuck like Cruz. If the GOP goes that route again I am right back to 2020 - voting for a Ham Sandwich over Trumpism.

After the pervious administration, character, judgement, intelligence, and education & knowledge are my voting criteria.
As we learned with Trump, experience and success come in handy. (that right there is a double entendre no matter how you read it!}

No surprises here. At least this isn't one of the Trumpist OPs trying to run victory laps based on Biden polling, because the stupid there is downright painful.

I, nay we, told you that a festering dog turd would get votes before Trump because that's how legitimately bad he and his policies are. Perhaps the one good thing he did was agree to the Warp Speed program.

I'm not sure how Biden ended up pulling through the primary. To the extent I've talked about it with others, nobody I know voted for him then.

Of course he's going to have poll numbers. By and large we did not vote for Biden in anything but the technical sense. We voted against Trump in the way that would most hurt his election prospects and a known dull quantity got the benefit. 🤷
That desperate last ditch Super Tuesday coalescence of the more establishment candidates around Biden is how; remember he won by less than the total delegates Klob and Pete were expected to pick up when they abruptly dropped out and backed him at the literal last minute.

Seriously @tres borrachos, expect a request to turn in your GOP card.
;)

I believe she already has, or at least temporarily suspended it.

--

On a related note of sorts, after helping Ole' Joe displace Trump from office, I'm thinking of relinquishing my recently earned Dem card, returning to a true Indie.

I'm not leaving for any particular anti-Dem reason, although some Dems and Dem policies cause me to cringe! But rather, I'm coming to the conclusion I just feel a stronger sense righteousness as an Indie; if that makes sense? As much as I like being a 'joiner' and part of a 'team', I simply feel I can hold my head a bit higher as an Indie. This of course is completely independent of my policy POV, which is not going to change.

As we learned with Trump, experience and success come in handy. (that right there is a double entendre no matter how you read it!}

Yeah, I would say so!

With that, how can I possibly not give your post a like?

The Department of Transportation didn’t do much under the prior Secretary.

Back
Top Bottom