• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please get vaccinated

While I wholeheartedly disagree with vaccine mandates, mask mandates and the hatred spewed at anti-vaxxers, I also think it's pretty stupid to not get vaccinated.

Since Covid started, I've lost an uncle and now 4 former co-workers to this virus, with the last passing away Friday. One of those co-workers died before the vaccine was available, and the rest dying from the delta variant of the virus. My son-in-law and my oldest daughter are positive right now and they are living in the same house as 3 of my grandchildren and another relative who is older and dealing with heart failure.

I've known dozens of people who have had Covid and survived - my own mother, my best friend, half of the people I work with and other friends and former co-workers. This virus affects us all differently and there truly is no guarantee in life other than death. While 97+% of us will survive the virus if we get it, there are many who won't. We don't know if we will survive or not and is it really worth gambling with not only your life, but the lives of those closest to you?

Please get vaccinated, please. You're taking a far greater risk by not getting vaccinated than you are by getting the vaccine. Life is short and dying from this is a risk we shouldn't be taking - not only for ourselves, but for our friends and families.

Not to forget those that get long-term covid with fever coming and going over month and month, cough, tiredness, loss of taste or smell and lack in ability to think and remember; in Sweden described as "brain cotton". It is far more common than dying.

We lost friends, a couple, within days of each other. My goddaughter, still a young woman, got infected, couldn't go up a flight of stairs because of shortness of breath, with persistent coughing spells still today.
BIL was in ICU. He had a fall, broke his hip, got infected with the virus in the hospital. He is on his way to rehab, thank God, because he had the vaccination.
Thank you for your blog.

Not to forget those that get long-term covid with fever coming and going over month and month, cough, tiredness, loss of taste or smell and lack in ability to think and remember; in Sweden described as "brain cotton". It is far more common than dying.

You're looking at one right here.
No fever, thank God, but the cough, lethargy, fatigue, loss of physical coordination, digestive issues, loss of taste and smell and brain fog have been my life since "recovering" in late March, 2020.
I am fully vaccinated but begging for the opportunity to get my third booster because I also have fatty liver disease, heart failure, COPD and Type 2 diabetes....I would not survive another bout with COVID, certainly not Delta, and I don't want to gamble and find out.

And I've had to say goodbye and watch almost a dozen very dear loved ones get buried, and I have almost another dozen dear ones and even family who refuse to get the shots.
And I am powerless to do anything to change their minds, although Lord knows I've tried every which way imaginable.

While I wholeheartedly disagree with vaccine mandates, mask mandates and the hatred spewed at anti-vaxxers, I also think it's pretty stupid to not get vaccinated.

Since Covid started, I've lost an uncle and now 4 former co-workers to this virus, with the last passing away Friday. One of those co-workers died before the vaccine was available, and the rest dying from the delta variant of the virus. My son-in-law and my oldest daughter are positive right now and they are living in the same house as 3 of my grandchildren and another relative who is older and dealing with heart failure.

I've known dozens of people who have had Covid and survived - my own mother, my best friend, half of the people I work with and other friends and former co-workers. This virus affects us all differently and there truly is no guarantee in life other than death. While 97+% of us will survive the virus if we get it, there are many who won't. We don't know if we will survive or not and is it really worth gambling with not only your life, but the lives of those closest to you?

Please get vaccinated, please. You're taking a far greater risk by not getting vaccinated than you are by getting the vaccine. Life is short and dying from this is a risk we shouldn't be taking - not only for ourselves, but for our friends and families.
Thanks Red for sharing this message. My condolences for your losses, may they rest in peace. I also have a relative who died in the hospital from Covid, before the vaccine was available for him. Wishing the best for your oldest daughter and other family members.

No fever, thank God, but the cough, lethargy, fatigue, loss of physical coordination, digestive issues, loss of taste and smell and brain fog have been my life since "recovering" in late March, 2020.
I am fully vaccinated but begging for the opportunity to get my third booster because I also have fatty liver disease, heart failure, COPD and Type 2 diabetes....I would not survive another bout with COVID, certainly not Delta, and I don't want to gamble and find out.

And I've had to say goodbye and watch almost a dozen very dear loved ones get buried, and I have almost another dozen dear ones and even family who refuse to get the shots.
And I am powerless to do anything to change their minds, although Lord knows I've tried every which way imaginable.
I'm glad you're well enough to be here talking with us CS, and I hope you can get your booster as quickly as possible. My sympathy for your losses, RIP. It's unfortunate that so many refuse to take a vaccine during a deadly pandemic, maybe they'll see the light someday and rethink their choices. You're a good guy for trying to help them.

I am sorry for your hard deal and I wish you will recover soon!

I am sorry for your losses

I have managed to convince some, but the debate in Sweden is not that political infected and the disinformation less intense. I hope that they will not get it. Holding my thumbs.

Another anecdote

I have had four relatives who were infected, one an uncle in his mid 80s with comorbidities who got it twice, the second time after getting vaccinated They all survived and recovered. None were hospitalized. Five coworkers at the office were infected, all recovered and none hospitalized. A technical rep with a telecom I worked with on several projects was infected and did not survive.

I'm glad you're well enough to be here talking with us CS, and I hope you can get your booster as quickly as possible. My sympathy for your losses, RIP. It's unfortunate that so many refuse to take a vaccine during a deadly pandemic, maybe they'll see the light someday and rethink their choices. You're a good guy for trying to help them.
I'm not trying to help them!
I mean, I AM TRYING, but it's not working, it's never worked.
Begging, pleading, talking science, talking reason, talking compassion, explaining how I dread getting "the phone call" that they're sick or dying...none of it has worked, ever.

I'm sorry for your loss, Red. Thanks though, for this. And you be careful out there.

you can't be too brainy if you are against what you said at the start, yet still "know" what you know....????!!

You need to be awakened.....

My friend that has been intubated for a month had her machines turned off, thinking she would pass.....she didn't, she woke up, and is still fighting. She was vaccinated, but is severely compromised, having had 2 bone marrow transplants and 10 years of chemo...

Amazing person.

you can't be too brainy if you are against what you said at the start, yet still "know" what you know....????!!

You need to be awakened.....
You've missed the point, to the surprise of literally no one. Who's "not too brainy" now?*

*This is a rhetorical question, which you'll miss as well.

i hate that a pandemic killed a bunch of small businesses and we can't help small business owners (remaining) because so many won't get the shot.

that sucks.

The vaccine is and should be a personal decision. I have family members on both sides and thankfully all are doing well, with or without the shot. My experience has been that those with seriousl problems seem to all have some other health issue beside just Covid. I'm curious if that is what you are seeing as well.

Poor dodge on your part---------I win the debate point....
You can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better about yourself.

You can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better about yourself.
I am a Vulcan, ---I have no ego to bruise............

No irrationality on my part----just reality. You counter yourself in your post. You urge vaccines but are against mandates and criticism of anti-vaxers, possibly the most moronic people of the century and the cause of much of our current woes, and all for irrational reasons.....

I am a Vulcan, ---I have no ego to bruise............

No irrationality on my part----just reality. You counter yourself in your post. You urge vaccines but are against mandates and criticism of anti-vaxers, possibly the most moronic people of the century and the cause of much of our current woes, and all for irrational reasons.....
Getting the vaccine should be a personal choice and I've never wavered from this stance. That being said, it's a poor choice if one chooses to not get vaccinated.

I'm not countering myself at all, you're just not as smart as you think you are.

Motorcycle helmets aren't mandated in every state, and this is a personal choice. It's a choice that I feel the individual should be able to make. It's also a bad idea to not wear a helmet IMO.

There's no contradiction in my statements at all. I believe in freedom and liberty, something you clearly seem to oppose. You've made it very clear that you are a proponent of forced government intervention, which is essentially control. I believe in personal freedoms and I believe that choosing to not do something that protects not just the individual, but others, is stupid, even though they don't have to.

Getting the vaccine should be a personal choice and I've never wavered from this stance. That being said, it's a poor choice if one chooses to not get vaccinated.

I'm not countering myself at all, you're just not as smart as you think you are.

Motorcycle helmets aren't mandated in every state, and this is a personal choice. It's a choice that I feel the individual should be able to make. It's also a bad idea to not wear a helmet IMO.

There's no contradiction in my statements at all. I believe in freedom and liberty, something you clearly seem to oppose. You've made it very clear that you are a proponent of forced government intervention, which is essentially control. I believe in personal freedoms and I believe that choosing to not do something that protects not just the individual, but others, is stupid, even though they don't have to.
How can you say that when they become a public safety threat---------and an economic threat.???? This is a public health crisis for the love of.......

Not mandating helmets is fine as long as the non-helmet bozos don't affect me when they get hurt. And they DO affect me !!!

Back
Top Bottom