• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pizza crust

Wow, that took a left hand turn.

I'd make a poll, but I can't do that from my phone.

Regardless, which kind of pizza crust do you prefer:

Thick (pan)
Stuffed
Hand tossed (medium-ish )
Thin (like cracker thin)

Depends on the mood and where the pizza is coming from. Not all crust styles are alike at all places ;)

Thick (pan)
Stuffed
Thin (like cracker thin)

Thin crust....preferably cooked in a wood burning oven.

Well done crust- doesnt matter which kind. Cracker like crust is the best when done right (Vito and Nicks, Chicago), but more places get it wrong than right.

Pan crust is fantastic in most situations, but if you don't have a decent pizza inside, it sucks.

The only kind I don't like is the thick, bready yeasty type- it's universally bad.

You should be able to hold your slice like this -

1439714603_ny03_pizza1_xlarge.jpeg

and it should be served on either a paper plate of a piece of butcher paper.

The crust in the pic is a little thicker than necessary.

I'm going to attempt my first pizza made on the grill tonight.

I have a bunch of roma tomatoes that need to be used up.

The recipe calls for roasted tomatoes smashed with a little olive oil, pinch of garlic powder, salt. I have some fresh oregano thought I'd add a bit to the mix. And that is basically your sauce.
Make up your own pizza dough. Spread the dough out then place it on the backside of a cooking sheet that has been floured. This is to help transport the dough from the sheet to the grill with ease.
The grill has to be 500 degrees. Cook with lid down for 4-5 minutes then remove.
Flip the dough and start to build your pizza on the cooked side.
Roasted tomato sauce, then pinches of soft ball mozzarella and top with fresh basil leaves.
Return to grill and cook for about 3 minutes covered. Just till the cheese starts to melt.

Thick (pan)
Stuffed
Thin (like cracker thin)

Thin... less crust more good stuff

Thick (pan)
Stuffed
Thin (like cracker thin)

Handtossed all the way !!

As an aside, ya'll are killing me talking about pizza,
I love it but I cant eat it every day cos I look at it I get heavier!!:2razz:

I mostly eat thin, but hand tossed is probably my favorite. Dipping the crust into marinara sauce is amazing.

99% of the pizza I eat is oven pizza. I've found cheap brands good enough to compete with restaurant pizza, so why pay so much extra? Tombstone supreme is the best thing ever.

I have to agree on buying pizza from grocery stores. I buy the cheapest one they have then fill it with toppings of my choice and get a better pizza than you can get from any pizza shop for 20% of the price.

You should be able to hold your slice like this -

View attachment 67152144

and it should be served on either a paper plate of a piece of butcher paper.

The crust in the pic is a little thicker than necessary.

So wrong on every level, I just don't know where to start.:lol:

So wrong on every level, I just don't know where to start.:lol:

Don't get me going on this, Buster!! Pizza is serious business where I come from and deviations from accepted norms and standards will not be tolerated!!:lol:

Sometimes I'm in the mood for thin and crispy; other times, hand-rolled medium. I used to love thick crusts, but now it's just too much bread for me so it ends up being a waste.

I'll eat any, but thin is my favorite.

Thick (pan)
Stuffed
Thin (like cracker thin)

I almost never do the same thing twice in a row. From toppings to crust. I like variety and it really depends on my mood at the moment.

depends on the type of pizza and the crust being used. New York style? Thin. Chigago style? We are getting hit by ton of earthquakes right now. 30 plus in the last hour.

Thick (pan)
Stuffed
Thin (like cracker thin)

Any and all, depending on mood.

depends on the type of pizza and the crust being used. New York style? Thin. Chigago style? We are getting hit by ton of earthquakes right now. 30 plus in the last hour.

Pizza and earthquakes?

Wut?

Back
Top Bottom