• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pfizer CEO says Trump told him vaccine 'will help me' with election

Lol, and my post is also about how corrupt our govt must be since this admin like the prev corrupt govt is running full court press getting folks to take the jab. Thanks for proving my point.
Could you please wear some form of identification showing you haven't had a shot; that way decent, thoughtful and responsible people can avoid you.

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump

Lol, and my post is also about how corrupt our govt must be since this admin like the prev corrupt govt is running full court press getting folks to take the jab. Thanks for proving my point.

So you don't believe in the vaccines? Good luck with that.

What kind of awful leader says stuff like that? Yes, it's true that a vaccine would have been a cachet for Trump but you don't say the quiet part out loud. A leader would talk about how it would help his country and would never mention his personal benefit to some CEO during a meeting.

Last edited:
What kind of awful leader says stuff like that? Yes, it's true that a vaccine would have been a cachet for Trump but you don't say the quiet part out loud. A leader would talk about how it would help his country and would never mention his personal benefit to some random CEO in a meeting.

I believe the Pfizer guy. He has no reason to lie about something that sounds very plausible.

His entire life has been devoted to what he can get out of it; and screw anyone else. No wonder he has no friends and has to buy his trophy wives. What else but money would induce a person to marry that individual? His selfishness doesn't even stop there; do you recall what he said when he divorced Ivana? "I never bought her nice gifts or jewellery because I didn't want her to have any negotiable assets". That's the measure of that loathsome, odious individual.
The only one he bought was the last one. The first two thought they were in a real marriage. Oddly, the transactional nature of his union with Mel is more suited to both of them. Since Trump is aging and Mel is still physically attractive, she has more power in the relationship. She has managed to accumulate wealth in her own name and that also gives her power. She can do just fine without him and they both know it.

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
Donald Trump
Fifteen people? It grew to over 500K on Trump's watch. He is a mass murderer.

Ja, I have to agree with this one.

All things considered in this case Trump did not say anything really wrong. We have good reason to question much of what Trump does say about a host of other things but here... someone is making a mountain out of a molehill.
I agree. There are plenty of mountains. No need to build additional ones.

I agree. There are plenty of mountains. No need to build additional ones.

Trump was obviously using the vaccine rollout to help him win a close election. Unethical at best.

What's the big deal? Trump said two true things.

1. ‘We need to do it quickly; people are dying,’ True
2. ‘Of course it will help me also in the election, but people is the important thing.’ True

There is nothing hypocritical about those two statement. Only honesty.

LOL, and we all know what an honest, caring man Trump is. 🤡

All things considered in this case Trump did not say anything really wrong. We have good reason to question much of what Trump does say about a host of other things but here... someone is making a mountain out of a molehill.

What mountain? Who is making a mountain? Inquiring minds want to know.

Too bad for him it didn't help with the election after all.
Didn't Trump say that Pfizer delayed its' announcement of the vaccine to hurt him politically? As I remember, he pushed hard for vaccine approval before the the election.

Yes. getting millions of people vaccinated every day is a sure sign of corruption.

I agree this is no big deal. That being said, I couldn’t imagine any other President feeling the need to say “Of course it will help me also in the election”.
Presidents do similar stuff all the time.

For example...

Presidents do similar stuff all the time.

For example...

Right on cue.

I KNEW the GQP would self-soothe by trotting out their one gotcha video of Obama. :ROFLMAO:

Right on cue.

I KNEW the GQP would self-soothe by trotting out their one gotcha video of Obama. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not "GQP"...whatever that is, but I'm happy that you'll expect me to point out the truth.

What does this have to do with this topic? If you are concerned with how this disease is managed....why don’t you ask why cuomo sent seniors to their deaths when he had an empty ship to house them? What’s worse, he hid the number of deaths....he should be in jail for murder

What’s more, there is a crisis at the border because addle brain stopped construction leaving gaping holes for traffickers, gangs snd other scum to enter our country. Thousands of untested COVID spreaders entering our country. Geez, and you want to comment about Trumps actions At a time China was lying about the disease? Heck, prune face prunella accused trump of racism when he banned travel to China which was the source of the virus. If pruneface were in charge the virus would have spread like a wildfire.

Ironic post is ironic!

The lft doesnt want to pretend that Biden isnt trying to take credit for the vaccine to help him win the next election, do they?

Sorry, did I hurt your feelings? Trump made the virus political when he told his 'team' to stop testing because it made his 'numbers' look bad with an election looming. Got anything else to add?
And I seem to recall his calling the pandemic a democratic hoax, he was the first nutter to politicize this deadly pandemic.

MARCH 6
“Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. They’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”
Donald Trump

I'm not "GQP"...whatever that is, but I'm happy that you'll expect me to point out the truth.

You said, "Presidents say similar stuff all the time".

One anecdote is not proof that your statement is true.

The lft doesnt want to pretend that Biden isnt trying to take credit for the vaccine to help him win the next election, do they?
What makes you think that Biden's trying to take credit for the vaccine? He's never done that. He's rolling out the vaccine quickly and efficiently and will get credit for that. He's also greatly increased the supply of vaccine and he'll get credit for that too. Sorry if his competence offends you. .... No that's a lie. I just think its funny.

have to disagree
the comments were self serving
the CEO of a pharm company already knows people are dying and that compels urgency to develop something to address the problem. tRump shared nothing the CEO did not already understand
tRump's initial statement was fodder to enable him to segue to the next statement
that tRump's re-election chances would be enhanced by a quick vaccine solution
while that vignette itself, was not very significant, it was self-serving ... just tRump being narcissistic tRump

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says in an interview set to run Friday that former President Trump told him before last year's election that a coronavirus vaccine could help his chances.

On clips from "The Carlos Watson Show" provided in advance exclusively to The Hill, Bourla says that Trump would call to encourage him to get the vaccine out quickly, but emphasized that “he never pressed me to do something that would be inappropriate with a vaccine.”

“In the few times that he was telling me that we need to do it fast — first he would say, ‘We need to do it quickly; people are dying,’ and then also he would add, ‘Of course it will help me also in the election, but people is the important thing.’”
==========================================================================

Trump the hypocrite.

I didn't know that Pfizer had this kind of close contact with Trump. Pfizer had decided early on in the development of their vaccine that they didn't want any Fed money because it would mean pols interfering with their scientific & manufacturing teams.
It didn't. Trump was wrong again.

Back
Top Bottom