• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pfizer CEO says Trump told him vaccine 'will help me' with election

The lft doesnt want to pretend that Biden isnt trying to take credit for the vaccine to help him win the next election, do they?
no. tRump still bears responsibility for the botched rollout
it was more warp and less speed

have to disagree
the comments were self serving
the CEO of a pharm company already knows people are dying and that compels urgency to develop something to address the problem. tRump shared nothing the CEO did not already understand
tRump's initial statement was fodder to enable him to segue to the next statement
that tRump's re-election chances would be enhanced by a quick vaccine solution
while that vignette itself, was not very significant, it was self-serving ... just tRump being narcissistic tRump
Excellent analysis, but I agree with Orphan. We already know Trump is a narcissist, so this is just another "dog bites man" story.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says in an interview set to run Friday that former President Trump told him before last year's election that a coronavirus vaccine could help his chances.

On clips from "The Carlos Watson Show" provided in advance exclusively to The Hill, Bourla says that Trump would call to encourage him to get the vaccine out quickly, but emphasized that “he never pressed me to do something that would be inappropriate with a vaccine.”

“In the few times that he was telling me that we need to do it fast — first he would say, ‘We need to do it quickly; people are dying,’ and then also he would add, ‘Of course it will help me also in the election, but people is the important thing.’”
==========================================================================

Trump the hypocrite.

I didn't know that Pfizer had this kind of close contact with Trump. Pfizer had decided early on in the development of their vaccine that they didn't want any Fed money because it would mean pols interfering with their scientific & manufacturing teams.
Trump is so self interested. He is also prone to BS and lying, so we are lucky this CEO didn’t feel encouraged to do anything wrong, reckless, or unethical in producing the vaccine otherwise we could have had more magical snake oil and hydroxychloroquine as an injectable.

His entire life has been devoted to what he can get out of it; and screw anyone else. No wonder he has no friends and has to buy his trophy wives. What else but money would induce a person to marry that individual? His selfishness doesn't even stop there; do you recall what he said when he divorced Ivana? "I never bought her nice gifts or jewellery because I didn't want her to have any negotiable assets". That's the measure of that loathsome, odious individual.
What does that mean? He thought she would be less likely to leave him if she had nothing to depend on financially?

What's the big deal? Trump said two true things.

1. ‘We need to do it quickly; people are dying,’ True
2. ‘Of course it will help me also in the election, but people is the important thing.’ True

There is nothing hypocritical about those two statement. Only honesty.
What a post of pure Trump ass kissing bullshit.
Trump's lack of support and leadership for the country for the Covid 19 pandemic showed that he didn't care about American lives, all 500,000 of them.
Trump stopped attending Covid meetings last summer.
Trump did not give a shit about anybody other than Trump.

Trump is so self interested. He is also prone to BS and lying, so we are lucky this CEO didn’t feel encouraged to do anything wrong, reckless, or unethical in producing the vaccine otherwise we could have had more magical snake oil and hydroxychloroquine as an injectable.
You can't push an R&D program in this pharma industry. If you do you get what J&J is running into in Baltimore. A new process startup AND scaleup at the same time is unprecedented, and in a subcontractor. Looking back they were likely to fail.

You can't push an R&D program in this pharma industry. If you do you get what J&J is running into in Baltimore. A new process startup AND scaleup at the same time is unprecedented, and in a subcontractor. Looking back they were likely to fail.
If all the vaccines were having failures, Trump would have told us otherwise. He kept saying we had the best testing, everybody who wants a test can get a test, etc. He is a liar and full of crap. No matter what, he would tell us everything was great. America is great again.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says in an interview set to run Friday that former President Trump told him before last year's election that a coronavirus vaccine could help his chances.

On clips from "The Carlos Watson Show" provided in advance exclusively to The Hill, Bourla says that Trump would call to encourage him to get the vaccine out quickly, but emphasized that “he never pressed me to do something that would be inappropriate with a vaccine.”

“In the few times that he was telling me that we need to do it fast — first he would say, ‘We need to do it quickly; people are dying,’ and then also he would add, ‘Of course it will help me also in the election, but people is the important thing.’”
==========================================================================

Trump the hypocrite.

I didn't know that Pfizer had this kind of close contact with Trump. Pfizer had decided early on in the development of their vaccine that they didn't want any Fed money because it would mean pols interfering with their scientific & manufacturing teams.

Stop the presses! This is really shocking information. Of course it would help him with the election. It also doesn't mean that getting it done fast wasn't of paramount importance. Two things can be true at the same time. There is only one thing that is important here, and it makes this an utter non-story:

"On clips from "The Carlos Watson Show" provided in advance exclusively to The Hill, Bourla says that Trump would call to encourage him to get the vaccine out quickly, but emphasized that “he never pressed me to do something that would be inappropriate with a vaccine.”

^----nothing to see here folks, just another fake controversy.

have to disagree
the comments were self serving
the CEO of a pharm company already knows people are dying and that compels urgency to develop something to address the problem. tRump shared nothing the CEO did not already understand
tRump's initial statement was fodder to enable him to segue to the next statement
that tRump's re-election chances would be enhanced by a quick vaccine solution
while that vignette itself, was not very significant, it was self-serving ... just tRump being narcissistic tRump

A whole lot of politicians make self serving comments, even when they accidentally do something right that benefits someone else involving interaction with a company (or companies.)

I want to make it clear I am no supporter of Trump, but I am not going to jump on every anti-Trump thread just because others do.

Presidents, members of Congress, State Governments, etc. all do things with private industry that serves the public even if it also serves their political interests. Optics, support, dealing with partisanship, whatever else do not pretend it does not happen.

Best I can tell what Trump did not ask for is a direct exchange of benefit, ask for something that benefitted him financially or someone else Trump does business with, or that they conspire to impact stock prices by some insider means.

Sinister or illegal or even ethically questionable? No.

Self servicing? Yes, but not exclusive to Trump or Republicans.

Said another way, making a mountain out of a molehill.

I still do not like Trump, dislike all he did to this nation and to discourse, all of his actions that are unethical if not illegal, and what he has done to the Republican Party. But this story is so far down on the list of shit Trump has done wrong it is hardly worthy of discussion.

If all the vaccines were having failures, Trump would have told us otherwise. He kept saying we had the best testing, everybody who wants a test can get a test, etc. He is a liar and full of crap. No matter what, he would tell us everything was great. America is great again.

NB: could you please supply references
Stop the presses! This is really shocking information. Of course it would help him with the election. It also doesn't mean that getting it done fast wasn't of paramount importance. Two things can be true at the same time. There is only one thing that is important here, and it makes this an utter non-story:

"On clips from "The Carlos Watson Show" provided in advance exclusively to The Hill, Bourla says that Trump would call to encourage him to get the vaccine out quickly, but emphasized that “he never pressed me to do something that would be inappropriate with a vaccine.”

^----nothing to see here folks, just another fake controversy.

Presidents don't usually call up the heads of huge corporations & ask their help in winning an election. May be in the former Soviet states.

Presidents don't usually call up the heads of huge corporations & ask their help in winning an election. May be in the former Soviet states.

He was calling them to keep pushing as fast as they could, as was reasonable. Stating that it would help him with the election isn't asking for their help winning it. It's just stating the obvious. The quote doesn't even have Trump phrasing it as such.

Lol. Of course it’s all Trumps fault and yet.......bobble head Biden pushes to vaccinate as fast as possible.....no concerns whatsoever how many people get sick, injured or die. So rather than complain about someone who has absolutely nothing to do with this crisis going on right now....maybe you should ask why the tests and vaccines are a sham. Biden doesn’t seem to mind making you test subjects. Not sure why you would even mention Trump because the incompetent in office is the one who is killing you off.

Lol. Of course it’s all Trumps fault and yet.......bobble head Biden pushes to vaccinate as fast as possible.....no concerns whatsoever how many people get sick, injured or die. So rather than complain about someone who has absolutely nothing to do with this crisis going on right now....maybe you should ask why the tests and vaccines are a sham. Biden doesn’t seem to mind making you test subjects. Not sure why you would even mention Trump because the incompetent in office is the one who is killing you off.
How many people have died from the vaccines vs how many people would have died if we had done nothing?

He was calling them to keep pushing as fast as they could, as was reasonable. Stating that it would help him with the election isn't asking for their help winning it. It's just stating the obvious. The quote doesn't even have Trump phrasing it as such.
Who cares? This Trump obsession is further proof there are some seriously ill crazies who must still think he’s in office. Biden is the one pushing these Svengali vaccines ,passports along with a communist agenda that clamps down on civil liberties. Manipulating children’s genes is straight out of hitlers playbook and yet the media is silent. Repulsive.

I didn’t say the vaccines are a sham. I am getting mine tomorrow.

How many people have died from the vaccines vs how many people would have died if we had done nothing?
You’re not going to know the answer until the vaccinated get exposed to COVID in the wild because there is no evidence there is protection. In fact, some doctors are concerned it may cause some ppl to get very sick....it is unfortunate efforts were not made to let ppl know there are treatments that have helped a great many but that would have nixed emergency use and the billions made off the vaccines.
Also know COVID cases have not been accurate and I have first hand experience with that considering how many false positive my family had. There were also deaths that were listed as COVID when it was flu, drugs, heart attack cancer, etc. I don’t recall a time where hospitals were overcrowded any more than any typical flu season. Why is this administration peddling fear and pushing a herd immunity lie when vaccines that haven’t been properly tested? It’s nuts.

You’re not going to know the answer until the vaccinated get exposed to COVID in the wild because there is no evidence there is protection. In fact, some doctors are concerned it may cause some ppl to get very sick....it is unfortunate efforts were not made to let ppl know there are treatments that have helped a great many but that would have nixed emergency use and the billions made off the vaccines.
Also know COVID cases have not been accurate and I have first hand experience with that considering how many false positive my family had. There were also deaths that were listed as COVID when it was flu, drugs, heart attack cancer, etc. I don’t recall a time where hospitals were overcrowded any more than any typical flu season. Why is this administration peddling fear and pushing a herd immunity lie when vaccines that haven’t been properly tested? It’s nuts.
you really should keep up with current events if you are going to make these pronouncements. It will help you be wrong less often.

Trump ain't President anymore, so who cares?

I didn’t say the vaccines are a sham. I am getting mine tomorrow.
I hoo
you really should keep up with current events if you are going to make these pronouncements. It will help you be wrong less often.

Lol. That’s precious. This has not been tested so how can the CDC make these claims? There is a reason people don’t trust them. They are a joke. Each year manuf guess how to make an effective flu vaccine because it depends on exposure to which virus. No one is ever sure which one to use. This too is nothing more than guesswork except creating a modified immune response could end up backfiring.

This is much ado about nothing.

If anything this shows Pfizer's CEO to be a little bitch. He made a comment that helping people get vaccinated as quick as possible, saving there lives would help him politically....WOW that's ****ing breaking news... and of course Dems who let untold carnage unfold on this country think this is something to sneer at...

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom