• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perspectives on Temperature

SST anomaly.

Source: BOM NASA/GMAO-ENSO-Prognosen

“November 2020 sees an unusually strong La Niña in the equatorial Pacific with temperature deviations down to below -3°C and with unusually long duration until NH summer 2021,” Snowfan writes. “If the current NASA forecast is correct, a multi-year La Niña could develop into 2022, just like in 2010-2012.”

Strong and long La Niña events cool the Earth by several tenths of a degree Celsius with a time lag. The overall global cooling occurring since 2016 will therefore continue at least until 2021 and could even last until 2022. . . .
Yeah... SST anomaly. But for what? The title of your original C&P is describing a cooling planet. Looks to me like the kind of misleading title that would get the typical idiot to think that NASA is predicting that the entire planet will cool by 3C. Thankfully NASA is saying no such thing.

Yeah... SST anomaly. But for what? The title of your original C&P is describing a cooling planet. Looks to me like the kind of misleading title that would get the typical idiot to think that NASA is predicting that the entire planet will cool by 3C. Thankfully NASA is saying no such thing.
". . . could bring a considerable drop in the mean global surface temperature in 2021."

". . . could bring a considerable drop in the mean global surface temperature in 2021."
NASA did not say that. That is the opinion of that idiot P. Gosselin.

Sorry, but the article made no claim beyond NASA's research result.
But NASA never said the planet is going to cool by 3C like your post stated. Are you really going to deny reality again?

A swing and a miss.

Uncertain Certainty: Germany’s Potsdam Climate Institute Humiliated After One-Year El Nino Forecast Model Flops
By P Gosselin on 15. November 2020

Share this...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter
Last year Germany’s Potsdam Institute (PIK) boasted that it had a superior El Niño one-year forecasting model, claiming 80% certainty. Today, a year later, its forecast emerges totally wrong and the prestigious institute is left humiliated.
Hat-tip: Snowfan
Nino-forecast-PIK-2019-vs-other-models-768x453.png

In 2019, Germany’s Potsdam Climate Institute (PIK) boasted that it had a superior El Niño forecasting model, claiming one year in advance and with 80% certainty, there would be an El Niño event late in 2020 (upper curve is just an El Niño illustration). But the PIK model forecast flopped totally. The opposite has in fact emerged. Chart source: BOM (with additions). . . .

All I know is here in florida it's still very warm but tomorrow it's supposed to start cooling off.

I'm not a meteorologist, are you?

I didn't actually read your whole post but I suspect it's a climate change denial post?

All I know is here in florida it's still very warm but tomorrow it's supposed to start cooling off.

I'm not a meteorologist, are you?

I didn't actually read your whole post but I suspect it's a climate change denial post?
"Denial" is a word used by defenders of the orthodox AGW paradigm to foreclose debate.

You chose a side when you wrote "climate change denial."
True. I've been living in florida for over thirty years and in the past ten hurricanes and their intensity are most assuredly increasing. People in the west say the same about their fire season. Summers are getting hotter and hotter. Something beside just nature is happening.

I'm reading this:

Are you really completely unable to be honest about what this is saying?
It's quite consistent with the article, and quite accurate. Your complaint is groundless.

Last edited:
True. I've been living in florida for over thirty years and in the past ten hurricanes and their intensity are most assuredly increasing. People in the west say the same about their fire season. Summers are getting hotter and hotter. Something beside just nature is happening.
Actually, neither hurricane intensity nor frequency has increased and wildfires are down. What has increased is the hype.

It's quite consistent with the article, and quite accurate. Your complaint is groundless.
O.k... it looks like you are just completely oblivious to what the NASA prediction is really saying. The graph with a -3C temperature anomaly is for just a small area of the Pacific ocean where the El Nino/La Ninas form. That is why the graph is labeled with the 'Nino3.4'. So the drop of 3C is not a prediction for the entire planet like NoTrickZone is falsely suggesting.

And only someone without any real knowledge of climate science would mistakenly think that a planetary 3C drop would happen because of a La Nina event.

O.k... it looks like you are just completely oblivious to what the NASA prediction is really saying. The graph with a -3C temperature anomaly is for just a small area of the Pacific ocean where the El Nino/La Ninas form. That is why the graph is labeled with the 'Nino3.4'. So the drop of 3C is not a prediction for the entire planet like NoTrickZone is falsely suggesting.

And only someone without any real knowledge of climate science would mistakenly think that a planetary 3C drop would happen because of a La Nina event.
NTZ doesn't suggest that. You are just ranting irrationally.

NTZ doesn't suggest that. You are just ranting irrationally.
Their title says "Cooling planet:" and then gives NASA's prediction of -3C. This title is intentionally misleading because the planet is not going to cool by 3C.

To pretend otherwise is just more of your intellectual dishonesty.

Back
Top Bottom