• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People Who Want Strict Gun Control Are Uneducated

It's a lovely thought, but the real world doesn't work out that way.
Sure it does.

Sure it does.

Hi!

'Proving' something with individual instances doesn't work, with the exception of disproof. . A 'blanket' statement such as 'All crooks have guns' can be disproved by a single contrary exception.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Hi!

'Proving' something with individual instances doesn't work, with the exception of disproof. . A 'blanket' statement such as 'All crooks have guns' can be disproved by a single contrary exception.
Individual instances proves that it works at least some of the time.

Individual instances proves that it works at least some of the time.

Hi!

That is a true statement.

There is a very small but less than zero probability that I will be hit and killed by a meteor falling from the sky tomorrow. This is, also, a true statement.

'Nuf said.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Hi!

That is a true statement.

There is a very small but less than zero probability that I will be hit and killed by a meteor falling from the sky tomorrow. This is, also, a true statement.

'Nuf said.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
And yet there are many many more instances of good people using guns to stop bad people then there are of people being hit by meteors.

People who want strict gun control are uneducated, they have a low level of education. Such people probably don't have college degrees and many most likely haven't even finished high school

I find that most anti-Anti-2nd amendment trash are just dishonest pieces of shit. Because these are the same people that call semiautomatic firearms "assault weapons" or in some cases "assault rifles" in order to claim these semiautomatic firearms are weapons of war and then claim that ten to thirty round standard capaicty magazines are really high capacity magazines. They are so dishonest that they would tell people that owning firearms makes you gay if it didn't piss off their base. Saying they are uneducated would imply that you can educate them about firearms and they would change their minds. When we see that politcian saying something like magazines are disposable or they don't know what a barrel shroud is its not out of ignorance but deception.

And yet there are many many more instances of good people using guns to stop bad people then there are of people being hit by meteors.

And yet there are many many more instances of bad people using guns to kill good people than there are of good people using guns to stop bad people.

At any rate, if opposition to gun control measures is your primary issue, you ought to vote for Biden. The last time he was in the White House, gun rights were expanded twice, and never curtailed.

President Trump, by contrast, has expanded background checks and banned bump stocks, which makes him more effective at implementing gun control measures in just 3 years than Obama and Biden were during their entire 8 years in the White House.

And yet there are many many more instances of bad people using guns to kill good people than there are of good people using guns to stop bad people.
1604067522018.png

At any rate, if opposition to gun control measures is your primary issue, you ought to vote for Biden. The last time he was in the White House, gun rights were expanded twice, and never curtailed.
Biden never was in the White House, the Vice President does not stay in the White House, that is where the President stays. So Biden was never in the White House and I hope it stays that way, that's why Im voting for Trump.

As for gun rights being expanded that was during the Obama administration not during the Biden administration which I hope beyond hope we never have. And when gun rights were expanded upon during the Obama administration it was usually not because of Obama himself. The McDonals vs Chicago outcome was a decision made by the Supreme Court, not by Obama. The only thing I can think of that Obama did that expanded on gun rights was to sign a bill that allowed concealed carry in national parks for those who have valid carry permits.

President Trump, by contrast, has expanded background checks and banned bump stocks, which makes him more effective at implementing gun control measures in just 3 years than Obama and Biden were during their entire 8 years in the White House.
Bump stocks are not guns they're accessories and not really useful ones. I've never owned a bump stock, I've never wanted a bump stock, and I see no point in using bump stocks as I've got no reason to throw accuracy out the window just so I can have a slightly faster rate of fire.

As for Trump expanding background checks that's not exactly true.

Trump has done much to promote gun rights, not the least being his recent appointment of Justice Barrett to the Supreme Court.

I don't think it has anything to do with education or intelligence. Gun control seem to me to be more about helping to establish state supremacy over society, which coincides perfectly with left wing politics.

You might have a case if the citizenry was doing anything with guns other than killing each other. The State is not afraid of you. If it ever comes down to it, the State can end you remotely from just about anywhere in the world so your boom sticks matter not.

You might have a case if the citizenry was doing anything with guns other than killing each other.[/QUOTE
Most of the time we don't kill each other with guns. Guns in the hands of citizenry are mostly used for hunting and target shooting and even in cases of self defense most of the time it does not result in death.

The State is not afraid of you. If it ever comes down to it, the State can end you remotely from just about anywhere in the world so your boom sticks matter not.
That is what the British thought during the Revolutionary War, boy were they wrong!

BTW if you don't like guns what are you doing in Ohio?

You might have a case if the citizenry was doing anything with guns other than killing each other. The State is not afraid of you. If it ever comes down to it, the State can end you remotely from just about anywhere in the world so your boom sticks matter not.

If it didn't matter, then states everywhere wouldn't be so eager to disarm the population.
the State can end you remotely from just about anywhere in the world

The government doesn't want me dead. If I'm dead, then it can't order me around like pawn on a chessboard, or shake me down for protection money.

We have over 400 million guns. Evidently the citizenry is doing a lot more with guns than killing each other.

We have over 400 million guns. Evidently the citizenry is doing a lot more with guns than killing each other.
But they do plenty of killing too

The peer-reviewed research disagrees with you.

"For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides."

Even if you trust such research the way the research words it shows that such a study is flawed. As it says, "For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting."
I will point it out that most of the time when a gun is used in self defense a shot is not fired. The mere presence of a gun is enough to deter a criminal. The study you reference only takes into account when a gun was fired in self defense, not the majority of the time when it wasn't.

The vice president has offices at the White House.
The Vice President stays at the Blair House, the President stays at the White House.

Even if you trust such research the way the research words it shows that such a study is flawed. As it says, "For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting."
I will point it out that most of the time when a gun is used in self defense a shot is not fired. The mere presence of a gun is enough to deter a criminal. The study you reference only takes into account when a gun was fired in self defense, not the majority of the time when it wasn't.

The Vice President stays at the Blair House, the President stays at the White House.
The vice president lives at the naval observatory house

The vice president lives at the naval observatory house

I don't care where he sleeps. I was talking about where he works. The vice president, like the president, had offices in the White House where he did work in the executive branch of the US government.

I don't care where he sleeps. I was talking about where he works. The vice president, like the president, had offices in the White House where he did work in the executive branch of the US government.
Of course he does. Right down the hall from the oval office

Back
Top Bottom