• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People Who Want Strict Gun Control Are Uneducated

That is when you can find them, I am a bit luckier than most since I know some people in the sporting goods business and can get then to throw something aside for me when it shows up, but even then nothing in larger quantities, and most reloading goes as fast as they can put it out. The Companies in the business must be making a fortune and working long hours.

I have two stores that tend to make sure I get a brick of small pistol primers when they come in, plus the gun club has a pro shop and the manager (I am a 34 year member) tends to take care of the serious long time competitive shooters first

I have two stores that tend to make sure I get a brick of small pistol primers when they come in, plus the gun club has a pro shop and the manager (I am a 34 year member) tends to take care of the serious long time competitive shooters first

It Pays to make friends in the industry and be a good customer 😁

It Pays to make friends in the industry and be a good customer 😁

I remember during the Sandyhook hysteria and the 22 shortage, I went to a high end, but small gun store. My son, who was already -at 13 was a very good shooter, and I watched several people ask the Asst Manager if they had any 22 and he said, sadly NO. I picked up a case of international trap loads and "Jerry" said-I can sell you a brick of Federal high velocity 22s . I said sure and my son noted what he had seen. And "Jerry" said-"yeah but I know you and your dad compete constantly-I see the results on our club newsletter". He noted he wanted ammo going to people who actually shoot it-rather than those who are going to hoard it or scalp it at the flea market.

People who want strict gun control are uneducated, they have a low level of education. Such people probably don't have college degrees and many most likely haven't even finished high school

ROTFLMAO

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total horse manure but so ridiculous it's funny!

I remember during the Sandyhook hysteria and the 22 shortage, I went to a high end, but small gun store. My son, who was already -at 13 was a very good shooter, and I watched several people ask the Asst Manager if they had any 22 and he said, sadly NO. I picked up a case of international trap loads and "Jerry" said-I can sell you a brick of Federal high velocity 22s . I said sure and my son noted what he had seen. And "Jerry" said-"yeah but I know you and your dad compete constantly-I see the results on our club newsletter". He noted he wanted ammo going to people who actually shoot it-rather than those who are going to hoard it or scalp it at the flea market.
True. For myself I have my basic load for every firearm I own and have two Ammo Can Safes full plus a footlocker and cabinet full, heck I have close friends and family that I have given ammo to free of charge because they could not find something I had. My issue has become shooting supplies because, like yourself, I shoot far more than most do, but now it is becoming harder to find the numbers I would normal shoot, so have had to cut back on that, I shoot the same amount but have to watch numbers. It will change, but yes I remember the 22Lr shortage which really did effect me, that is something I would Never run out of, but I also remember the 9mm shortage I actually dipped into my basic stock to help out friends and family, you just couldn't get it, it Will Pass.

True. For myself I have my basic load for every firearm I own and have two Ammo Can Safes full plus a footlocker and cabinet full, heck I have close friends and family that I have given ammo to free of charge because they could not find something I had. My issue has become shooting supplies because, like yourself, I shoot far more than most do, but now it is becoming harder to find the numbers I would normal shoot, so have had to cut back on that, I shoot the same amount but have to watch numbers. It will change, but yes I remember the 22Lr shortage which really did effect me, that is something I would Never run out of, but I also remember the 9mm shortage I actually dipped into my basic stock to help out friends and family, you just couldn't get it, it Will Pass.
during the first primer shortage under Clinton-I was lucky. One of my best friends was a staff shooter for a somewhat big ammo maker and he could get Winchester OEM primers. Then after that subsided, I'd buy 5K primers here and there. Maybe 2-4 times a year while using about half of them. Then the same fellow, became one of several owners in a commercial remanufacturing ammo company. I'd buy primed brass from him because the priming system on my big 1050 was a bit iffy. That allowed me to save my stockpiles and I still have about 9000 left.

Finally, between my club and two dealers, I get a thousand here, a thousand there.

during the first primer shortage under Clinton-I was lucky. One of my best friends was a staff shooter for a somewhat big ammo maker and he could get Winchester OEM primers. Then after that subsided, I'd buy 5K primers here and there. Maybe 2-4 times a year while using about half of them. Then the same fellow, became one of several owners in a commercial remanufacturing ammo company. I'd buy primed brass from him because the priming system on my big 1050 was a bit iffy. That allowed me to save my stockpiles and I still have about 9000 left.

Finally, between my club and two dealers, I get a thousand here, a thousand there.
Yeup, use all the avenues but maintain a basic stock that is possible never gets touched, rotate if needed, but set a minimum of stock then maintain it.

Yeup, use all the avenues but maintain a basic stock that is possible never gets touched, rotate if needed, but set a minimum of stock then maintain it.
plated Bullets (I shoot mainly cast for competition but load plated to substitute for factory 9mm) are hard to find. I have been loading 124 Frontier 9mms since I am down to 2000 Berry's HBTP 9mms. But I was able to find 6000 Frontier and they are really good-Eric Grauffel used them to win several world IPSC events

A
People who want strict gun control are uneducated, they have a low level of education. Such people probably don't have college degrees and many most likely haven't even finished high school
Actually isnt it mostly the college educated leftist elites who are the gun control freaks?

A

Actually isnt it mostly the college educated leftist elites who are the gun control freaks?

yeah-the leaders almost always are educated urban elites. The followers tend to be soccer moms and suburban types as well as Democrat voters.

plated Bullets (I shoot mainly cast for competition but load plated to substitute for factory 9mm) are hard to find. I have been loading 124 Frontier 9mms since I am down to 2000 Berry's HBTP 9mms. But I was able to find 6000 Frontier and they are really good-Eric Grauffel used them to win several world IPSC events
I need to start reloading.

It's only a guess on my part, but I suspect that many who are in favor of strict gun control arrived at that position because they were sickened by the annual carnage in the United States from gunshot.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
Im sickened by it too, that's why I want good people to be able to be armed and shoot back at the bad people who cause the carnage.

Got some sort of link to back up your Opinion?
Its the gun control crowd that is quick to say, "Guns kill, guns are bad, therefore guns should be banned," without looking deeply into the issue and really think about it. They make quick snap decisions which is not something that educated people do. Getting an education teaches you to think. The gun debate in the USA is not that simple, its not something where you can just say "guns are bad, they should be banned" without looking deeper, and hope to really understand it, which is what the gun control crowd does, not what educated people do.

It's really just that a lot of people are tired of seeing tons of people gunned down. If it wasn't for the blood nobody would care
I've been around more guns than most people, and I've yet to see one person being gunned down.

Its the gun control crowd that is quick to say, "Guns kill, guns are bad, therefore guns should be banned," without looking deeply into the issue and really think about it. They make quick snap decisions which is not something that educated people do. Getting an education teaches you to think. The gun debate in the USA is not that simple, its not something where you can just say "guns are bad, they should be banned" without looking deeper, and hope to really understand it, which is what the gun control crowd does, not what educated people do.
This is just dumb. The people looking into gun control are far smarter than you

This might be the single dumbest most worthless post I've ever seen on this forum. I can pretty much guarantee you with 100% certainty that the data demonstrates the exact opposite is true, but since you didn't take the time
to post any data whatsoever to support your ridiculous conclusion I'm not going to waste my time looking for data to prove you wrong.

This might be the single dumbest most worthless post I've ever seen on this forum. I can pretty much guarantee you with 100% certainty that the data demonstrates the exact opposite is true, but since you didn't take the time
to post any data whatsoever to support your ridiculous conclusion I'm not going to waste my time looking for data to prove you wrong.

most of us who support constitutional rights agree with you. Many gun banners are well educated control freaks

Leftists in general don't trust the citizenry. They believe liberals should look out for people because people aren't competent enough to look out for themselves. In the liberal mind, the citizenry are like children. And children shouldn't be allowed to touch guns. They need government to nanny them.

Oh, you want to abolish gun rights then we can fight terrorism with everlast gobbstoppers - Oh, you want to abolish gun rights then we can fight terrorism with everlast gobbstoppers  willy wonka

A

Im college educated, and Im not a leftist and Im certainly not a gun control freak.

Leftists in general don't trust the citizenry. They believe liberals should look out for people because people aren't competent enough to look out for themselves. In the liberal mind, the citizenry are like children. And children shouldn't be allowed to touch guns. They need government to nanny them.
Especially about their bodies if they are women...oh ....wait

Back
Top Bottom