• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

People Who Want Strict Gun Control Are Uneducated

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
People who want strict gun control are uneducated, they have a low level of education. Such people probably don't have college degrees and many most likely haven't even finished high school

I don't think it has anything to do with education or intelligence. Gun control seem to me to be more about helping to establish state supremacy over society, which coincides perfectly with left wing politics.

People who want strict gun control are uneducated, they have a low level of education. Such people probably don't have college degrees and many most likely haven't even finished high school
Bullshit post.
Prove it.

I'm not a gun-grabber, but I'd like to see a link for this.

No, I don’t think that’s correct.

It would seem the other way around https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixg...politically-experienced-house-freshman-class/ Which really makes you wonder what the end game is. We are talking about the U.S., however the same can be said on the state level. Drs. and Lawyers all which often times works to our benefit. Constitutional carry for instance.

DC you're right about the uneducated part about what they pass their laws on. Just because a brain surgeon may be highly educated doesn't mean shit for breakfast when it comes to passing laws on oh less say firearms.

Last edited:

You're probably right.
But some are highly educated.
I'll say it's about 60/40 with the uneducated being in the left column.

disagree-some very intelligent, well educated urban elites are among the biggest supporters of gun control. They have lots of power and firearms are a form of power they don't understand and don't wield . Thus they want to limit it

People who want less gun control hate America.

Hey ....this is easy!

It's only a guess on my part, but I suspect that many who are in favor of strict gun control arrived at that position because they were sickened by the annual carnage in the United States from gunshot.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

People who want strict gun control are uneducated, they have a low level of education.
:ROFLMAO:

Baseless speculation from a 2nd Amendment supporter? Must be Thursday.

People who want to ban guns have never had the opportunity to be around them. They just see the nightly news and how they are used in crimes.

I think before someone passes judgment on the gun issue they should have the opportunity to go to a nice gun range, meet some of the people there and have the opportunity to do some shooting. Lots of different disciplines to try. Skeet and sporting clays, short and long range rifles and even several different pistol challenges. They just might change their minds.

It's only a guess on my part, but I suspect that many who are in favor of strict gun control arrived at that position because they were sickened by the annual carnage in the United States from gunshot.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

maybe low information voters who haven't studied the issue, but the leaders of the anti gun movement-I don't believe that at all

:ROFLMAO:

Baseless speculation from a 2nd Amendment supporter? Must be Thursday.

its true though in the sense that most gun control supporters are uneducated about firearms and firearms laws. The people who push such laws tend to be well educated, but almost always dishonest about their motivations

Got some sort of link to back up your Opinion?

It's really just that a lot of people are tired of seeing tons of people gunned down. If it wasn't for the blood nobody would care

Shelia Jackson Lee disproves your theory. She is a woman who graduated HS has multiple college degree and regularly says stupid things about gun control. Her heavy as 10 moving boxes and fires 50 caliber rounds jumps to mind.

most of us gun rights advocates don't agree with that statement
I saw, and I disagree also, ignorance yes, uneducated, not hardly. I have met every type of gun owner and gun control advocate there is to met, education is not the factor, Ignorance always is. Heck right now there is no way one could even try to pass tougher gun laws, the Libs are buying guns and ammo faster than the Cons.

I saw, and I disagree also, ignorance yes, uneducated, not hardly. I have met every type of gun owner and gun control advocate there is to met, education is not the factor, Ignorance always is. Heck right now there is no way one could even try to pass tougher gun laws, the Libs are buying guns and ammo faster than the Cons.

try buying small pistol primers, 115 grain FMJ 9mm bullets etc. 9mm cartridges cost 2X what they cost in February

It's really just that a lot of people are tired of seeing tons of people gunned down. If it wasn't for the blood nobody would care
that's bullshit. In the 1960s, rising street crime and social disorder due to race riots and the war caused some to attack the Democrats as being soft on crime. The democrats countered by pretending that gun control was crime control. They didn't want to alienate some of their major constituencies who saw calls for "law and order" as anti black. So it was gun control to stave off the attacks that dems were weak on law and order.

This caused gun owners to counter attack. The NRA became political and gun owners were organized to vote against democrats and RINOS who pretended the Gun Control Act of 1968 was an effective response to street crime. And then the left retaliated-many gun control schemes were designed to punish pro gun voters-such as the idiotic Hughes Amendment of 1986 and the Clinton Gun ban.

try buying small pistol primers, 115 grain FMJ 9mm bullets etc. 9mm cartridges cost 2X what they cost in February
That is when you can find them, I am a bit luckier than most since I know some people in the sporting goods business and can get then to throw something aside for me when it shows up, but even then nothing in larger quantities, and most reloading goes as fast as they can put it out. The Companies in the business must be making a fortune and working long hours.

Back
Top Bottom