• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"People in the Dark Shadows"

He said:

That's made up bull****. He's spreading CTs on national television, and he's the President, not a third rate right wing radio shock jock in Birmingham AL.

I think he made it up. Embellished maybe, but I doubt he made it up. Thanks!!

I think he made it up. Embellished maybe, but I doubt he made it up. Thanks!!

Of course you "doubt it" because you're running interference for Trump with every post.

And if it's "embellished" it's also reckless and irresponsible for the President to allege that Democrats have some secret force of "thugs" that they're sending around the country to engage in violence and who knows what. This same force of "thugs" is controlling Biden according to Trump. That kind of allegation should be rock solid, or not mentioned on national TV. It's incredible you're downplaying it. That's a deadly serious allegation and it's baseless at this point, and under no scenario is it harmless for POTUS to make that allegation publicly without the evidence to back it up.

We do indeed need a two party system this year more than ever so that we can vote for a party not currently in power that is attempting to change conditions to those that would make it increasingly difficult to remove them from power.

Additionally, any mention of a third party that cannot win the current election is a thinly veiled attempt to syphon votes from the non Trump party.

OR, perhaps voting for a third party is the most conscientious thing a voter can do. Possibly, you think more cynically than I do as I think change in the current trajectory - of which few are satisfied - can only come from sincerity and not fear. Thanks!!

Of course you "doubt it" because you're running interference for Trump with every post.

And if it's "embellished" it's also reckless and irresponsible for the President to allege that Democrats have some secret force of "thugs" that they're sending around the country to engage in violence and who knows what. This same force of "thugs" is controlling Biden according to Trump. That kind of allegation should be rock solid, or not mentioned on national TV. It's incredible you're downplaying it. That's a deadly serious allegation and it's baseless at this point, and under no scenario is it harmless for POTUS to make that allegation publicly without the evidence to back it up.

He never said Democrats were the thugs on the airplane. And a lot of what he says can be dubbed "reckless." It depends on how you view him, and more importantly, how you assess Americans in general. There was no "allegation" any more serious than the allegations his detractors make about him all the time. Welcome to two party politics. It's a blood sport. No matter what he says, you're going to blast him for it, and doubly anybody who doesn't perceive him as you do. I don't hang on is every word, but I've addressed as to why in a prior post. Thanks!!

Funny what people choose to hear.
But it is sad what some people believe.

Trump obviously had intelligence that he couldn't elaborate on.
No and no, the man is devoid of intelligence and wouldn't understand what is told him by by those who provide "intelligence"

I can't believe that anybody is so naive as to think that there isn't big money being funneled to influence the elections
Nobody said anything even remotely like that. It IS naive to think that that is what Trump spoke about.

So what??
Right, why should it matter that the leader of the free world is a moron?

Trump isn't a slick speaker - never has been - but that's his appeal to many.
To the low intellect imbeciles that elected him, who can not understand anything beyond "tremendous".

He's not eloquent
Yea, he is a moron.

not measured
Clearly, another unnecessary attribute of a good leader.

He's right out there, and what you see is what you get.
Yea a corrupt imbeciel, just like his supporters and ass kissers.

And to a large degree, that's why he won.
A sad reflection of the nation.

I'm not a proponent of the two party system. I think it's failing America by inhibiting average American representation and worse, tearing us apart. People think I'm an ardent Trump supporter because on occasions like this, I won't pick him apart.
But making endless excuses...

These are people that try to manipulate public opinion through vague, sanctimonious bs
As opposed to the clear concise and eloquence of Trump.

while doing the bidding of dubious global
Tin foil too tight?

... what are dark shadows? Are they different than regular shadows? Arent shadows usually dark in one way or another?

Seems pedantic.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

You just don't know about all of those white shadows out there.

Maybe I'll tell you about them one day. ;)

... what are dark shadows? Are they different than regular shadows? Arent shadows usually dark in one way or another?

Seems pedantic.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

When you're trying to scare weak people in order to use them for their votes, then these descriptive adjectives widen their eyes and get their tongues wagging. Trump loves the uneducated, he's one himself.

Trump's latest idiotic conspiracy theory, no doubt to be leaped on with glee by certain parties. This guy has absolutely lost the plot...if you were ever in any doubt, watch...

President Trump goes one-on-one with Laura Ingraham | Part 1 - YouTube

Be afraid Trumpkins, be very afraid of the People in the Dark Shadows:lol: Who are they? "I'll tell you sometime":lamo
Well since about 2/3's of the arrest in Portland have been out of staters, I'd say that someone is driving the violence and it doesn't appear to be local. I guess you missed that report.

Any coincidence with reports that Mein Kampf is Trump's favourite bedtime read?

I think it was a collection of his speeches, iirc.

Which is actually worse. Because that sounds like the research of a con man.

Nonsense; Trump made the whole thing up for political expediency, just like he made up the whole birther conspiracy crap about his "team" in Hawaii and their "unbelievable findings". Are we still waiting for those to be made public, by the way? It's only been 10 years so I guess a few more years' wait won't hurt:lol:

I heard they were being audited...

What a pathetic baby; he was surrounded by cops! "I don't think we would have survived"! Grow a pair mate.

And he was far too stupid to say "Hey! You're scaring my wife! Look up "Rand Paul choke hold ban" I'm on your side on this!"

Could have gotten an apology, quite likely.

Dis you see where he told the cop to stay out of the shot?

He never said Democrats were the thugs on the airplane. And a lot of what he says can be dubbed "reckless." It depends on how you view him, and more importantly, how you assess Americans in general. There was no "allegation" any more serious than the allegations his detractors make about him all the time.

He did claim they were 'thugs' pulling the strings for Biden, going to the RNC to "do great damage" So he's just alleging a terrorist plot by Biden supporters and handlers. No biggee. Who cares if it's a lie? He's just the president of the United States and if we expect more from him than some drunk asshole at the end of a bar, it's just not FAIR. :roll:

Welcome to two party politics. It's a blood sport. No matter what he says, you're going to blast him for it, and doubly anybody who doesn't perceive him as you do. I don't hang on is every word, but I've addressed as to why in a prior post. Thanks!!

You're moving the goal posts. I'm not blasting him for any random statement, but a specific one, that I've quoted. Here's the video.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1300620008364609539

It's dishonest to divert to hypothetical statements that you somehow know I'd also blast. This is a specific event. Let's deal with that versus you fabricating my reaction to ????????????? as your defense. It's BS.

Or you can run interference for Trump while claiming to be neutral and a Jill Stein supporter. I'm having serious doubts about that last bit. We saw a lot of this in 2016. Supposed liberals who only ever seem to criticize Democrats.

Here's the problem I have with that. You're attributing his "dark shadows" comment to a bald faced lie. But if you look at all Trump's rhetoric throughout the last 4 years, your supposition is inconsistent with his long list of verbal blunders. Trump blurts out things. He's absolutely spontaneous and not verbally adept enough to shape much if any conversation to his liking. He has almost no verbal dexterity so unlike slicker politicians, he doesn't have an educated vocabulary that his mind can easily access. In short, he was never groomed for the job. In conversation and in press conferences, he is consistently off the cuff, mostly unmeasured, and is most comfortable with short explanations to complicated issues. But I think the reason is that he has an inability to find the right words at the right time. He's very uncomfortable with sophisticated terminology, so he addresses most issues in simplistic terms. His detractors have a field day with his deficiency, and that will never change. But personally, I'm interested in his policies, particularly his foreign policy at the moment. And although I think glossy rhetoric is a prized presidential asset when dealing with a struggling nation, I don't expect it of him, and have come to terms with it. Thanks!!

Sounds great.

But it isn't sloppy language. He does not understand the situations in front of him. He doesn't know things outside of his cons. He doesn't.

He has come out and said he did mean what y'all swore was just a gaffe far too many times.

We have become aware of the 34hr lag between a trump ****up and the explanation of "So what had happened was...? arrives across conservative media.

You write quite well, but your points are identical to conservative media's. Just shinier.

The "I'm not going to vote for trump" is a really nice touch. Lends credibility.

Well since about 2/3's of the arrest in Portland have been out of staters, I'd say that someone is driving the violence and it doesn't appear to be local. I guess you missed that report.

If these were wannabe terrorists, as Trump alleged, then where's the report of the arrest of these "thugs" in black uniforms with gear and this and that on the plane, in the main area? Do airlines allow bombs and stuff in the main cabin these days?

But it is sad what some people believe.

No and no, the man is devoid of intelligence and wouldn't understand what is told him by by those who provide "intelligence"

Nobody said anything even remotely like that. It IS naive to think that that is what Trump spoke about.

Right, why should it matter that the leader of the free world is a moron?

To the low intellect imbeciles that elected him, who can not understand anything beyond "tremendous".

Yea, he is a moron.

Clearly, another unnecessary attribute of a good leader.

Yea a corrupt imbeciel, just like his supporters and ass kissers.

A sad reflection of the nation.

But making endless excuses...

As opposed to the clear concise and eloquence of Trump.

Tin foil too tight?

All your opinion. Okay, So in summary, you don't like Trump and apparently you don't like anybody that voted for him. In your view, they are all "low intellectual imbeciles," and Trump himself is a "moron." I understand your position. Thanks!!

All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation.....

Aadolph Hitler - Mein Kampf

“The people will more easily believe the big lie.”

Without looking at the spoiler:

Joseph Goebbels?

Damn, Hitler.

Oh well, he was my second choice.

Both are on record saying the Reich could never have been without what they learned from the soviet about propaganda.

He did claim they were 'thugs' pulling the strings for Biden, going to the RNC to "do great damage" So he's just alleging a terrorist plot by Biden supporters and handlers. No biggee. Who cares if it's a lie? He's just the president of the United States and if we expect more from him than some drunk asshole at the end of a bar, it's just not FAIR. :roll:

You're moving the goal posts. I'm not blasting him for any random statement, but a specific one, that I've quoted. Here's the video.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1300620008364609539

It's dishonest to divert to hypothetical statements that you somehow know I'd also blast. This is a specific event. Let's deal with that versus you fabricating my reaction to ????????????? as your defense. It's BS.

Or you can run interference for Trump while claiming to be neutral and a Jill Stein supporter. I'm having serious doubts about that last bit. We saw a lot of this in 2016. Supposed liberals who only ever seem to criticize Democrats.

So you're on Twitter. WHICH Twitter snippet are you referring to?? I'm not going to listen to them all. Thanks!!

I'm going to address Stein first. A single payer health care system is the only justifiable health care system IF we want to consider health care a fundamental right. Is it?? In my opinion, yeah. What made Sanders so attractive to me was that he was unwilling to give the insurance industry access and therefore control of the health care system, in short, making the entire greedy, cut throat paper pushing industry into a buggy whip. What Obama did was outrageous, forcing free Americans to honor a greedy industry's terms, hence trying to force Americans to submit to oligarchic control, but I digress.

To your - I think - second point, both Democrats and Republicans pander to big money. I've never denied it. But there is a big difference between being surreptitious about it and being blatant about it. The Democratic elitists try to deny their corporate interests, their monetary aspirations, or their nefarious interest in quashing freedom, but it's right there evidenced in their legislative efforts. And they mislead the public about their true intent. The Democratic elites were the ones that attempted to discount Snowden's startling revelations about government intrusion. But it was the likes of Paul and mostly Republican effort that pushed for reform. As I recall, certain Democrats only got on board when they found out that they themselves were victims of our government security agencies, of which we have too many, but again, I digress.

As far as Trump lying, I actually think people give him too much credit. Everybody lies, I suppose, but most of our two party politicians make a habit of it. I think for them it's a question of political survival, and the power they have must be addictive. So, they take credit for things they shouldn't; they misrepresent their motives; they stonewall claiming it's to benefit Americans - ie Pelosi's gang right now - when it's really about securing their own jobs and defeating any challenges to their hold on the country. With Trump, I just don't think he's as calculated as his detractors would like to believe, and lying for nefarious reasons takes both calculation and consistency, of which he has neither. Thanks!!

Again. It all sounds so good.

But the entire Citizens United debacle was in response to attempts to provide donors with anonymity.

It was the nonprofit type that allows 49% of donations to be used politically but donors are anonymous that huge numbers of applications came in for. Which was the reason the people who are supposed to check that kind of thing decided to use the words in the names to flag them. That is what their IG gigged them for. That doing it that way let people through who shouldn't have been and denied people who should have. They are supposed to look at each one individually. They did not.

But regardless, the only difference between 502(c)(4) and 527 is the former limits expenditures but hides donors. The latter allows all money to be spent on politics but exposes donors.

So lets not try to pretend the republicans are all out in the open, m'kay?

Keep this kind of messaging up and I'm gonna get suspiscious.

So you're on Twitter. WHICH Twitter snippet are you referring to?? I'm not going to listen to them all. Thanks!!

For some reason the link is taking us to the start of a thread, and not the post. You can scroll through and find the one about the supposed terrorist attack if you're interested in what he actually did claim, it's what I quoted earlier. You can find it elsewhere if you want in about 10 seconds with google.

Trump clarified it later: Trump claims without evidence that Biden controlled by people in '''the dark shadows'''

Asked to clarify his comments on Tuesday, Trump told reporters, "A person was on a plane, said that there were about 6 people like that person, more or less, and what happened is the entire plane filled up with the looters, the anarchists, the rioters, people that obviously were looking for trouble. And the person felt very uncomfortable on the plane. This would be a person you would know."

That's more bull****. How in the hell can a prominent Republican identify "looters, anarchists, rioters" etc. in the main cabin of the plane? If he or she can do that, they need a job with the police, because that will come in really handy to pre-ID crooks before they commit crimes.

Last edited:

I smell a Poe of some kind.

I've noticed that he sounds super reasonable and writes well, but if you read for comprehension it's all anti-democrat pro-trump stuff. The farthest he'll go is "republicans do it too" but then shifts away to "secret as opposed to out in the open" which simply isn't true.

Maybe the Russians hired some American Communications graduates.

OR, perhaps voting for a third party is the most conscientious thing a voter can do. Possibly, you think more cynically than I do as I think change in the current trajectory - of which few are satisfied - can only come from sincerity and not fear. Thanks!!

Four more years of trump would just hasten the plutocracy.

All of those judges he appointed were chosen for him for their pro-business positions. Ginsberg won't make it another four years. Bless her for holding on this long when I'm sure she'd rather be comfortable at home.

All your opinion.
No, facts and reasonable interpretation of them.

Okay, So in summary, you don't like Trump and apparently you don't like anybody that voted for him.
For obvious and undeniable reasons.

In your view, they are all "low intellectual imbeciles,"
Not in my view, but as reality.
Who else supports even after all this time a corrupt, incompetent narcissist piece of crap?

and Trump himself is a "moron."
A "tremendous" one at that.

I understand your position.
I doubt it.

He never said Democrats were the thugs on the airplane. And a lot of what he says can be dubbed "reckless." It depends on how you view him, and more importantly, how you assess Americans in general. There was no "allegation" any more serious than the allegations his detractors make about him all the time. Welcome to two party politics. It's a blood sport. No matter what he says, you're going to blast him for it, and doubly anybody who doesn't perceive him as you do. I don't hang on is every word, but I've addressed as to why in a prior post. Thanks!!

Great defense disguised as criticism.

Your much better than the ones we usually see, I'll give you that.

I will probably vote Stein. I think her party has a rational platform and the humility to realize that the nation is on both a physical and political precipice. But mostly, we need a third party to counter the two party system that we have, and increasingly threatens to make our voices obsolete through its corruption and divisiveness. Thanks!!

Interesting...considering she isn’t running this year. Still using the 2016 copy and paste?

I smell a Poe of some kind.

I've noticed that he sounds super reasonable and writes well, but if you read for comprehension it's all anti-democrat pro-trump stuff. The farthest he'll go is "republicans do it too" but then shifts away to "secret as opposed to out in the open" which simply isn't true.

Maybe the Russians hired some American Communications graduates.

Yep. Anyone on here in 2016 knows the script. So-called liberals, Stein fans, who just happen to run defense for Trump and the GOP with every post.

Back
Top Bottom