• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paula Deen, the N Word and the Lawsuit [W:220]

No. Growing up in Los Angeles blacks know that words like "nigger" mayate (Spanish slang for nigger) were nothing we played around with nor used to address each other.

lol ...

Now I must admit, as young adults in mocking how certain racist whites think of us, we may use the N word in conjunction with a joke regarding racial stereotypes but in normal everyday conversing no, blacks dont call each other "niggers."

You're so full of **** it isn't ebven funny. McGruger actually bases his entire defense and point of usage around nigger on the fact that african americans employ it's use on a regular basis. And we can cite numerous instances of someone using "Nigger", as opposed to "nigga"

Like I said in street slang blacks typically say "nigga" which the changing of one letter takes on an entirely different meaning. I'm not saying it's acceptable, just getting you to understand the difference.

No, I understand fully the difference between nigger and nigga. What I challenged is the claim that AA don't use the former

You're so full of **** it isn't ebven funny. McGruger actually bases his entire defense and point of usage around nigger on the fact that african americans employ it's use on a regular basis. And we can cite numerous instances of someone using "Nigger", as opposed to "nigga"

I don't know, Chuckles. I hear many, many instances of "nigga" between African-Americans. It's commonplace, almost like a term of endearment, and mostly used by guys. Girls use it, too, but not as often. But I don't hear a lot of African-Americans use "nigger." It's offensive. Am I saying I never hear it? No, but it's very, very rare, compared to "nigga."

I don't know, Chuckles. I hear many, many instances of "nigga" between African-Americans. It's commonplace, almost like a term of endearment, and mostly used by guys. Girls use it, too, but not as often. But I don't hear a lot of African-Americans use "nigger." It's offensive. Am I saying I never hear it? No, but it's very, very rare, compared to "nigga."

just one recent prominent example:

The Rev Jackson had already said sorry for saying of Mr Obama that he would like to "cut off his nuts" for talking down to black people.
He was speaking off-air on Fox News and did not realise that his comments to a fellow guest were being picked up by a microphone.
It has now emerged that he said: "Barack...he's talking down to black people...telling niggers how to behave."

Jesse Jackson forced to apologise again for racist slur - Telegraph

Jesse Jackson = zero credibility. I wouldn't listen to that man tell me anything, because everything he does, everything he says in life, results in racist remarks. His entire existence relies on stirring the pot, and keeping people apart. He wants people to think he's more like Martin Luther King, Jr., but really he's more like Al Sharpton or Farakkhan. Pot stirrers like Jesse Jackson are the reason we will always have racism in this country.

Jesse Jackson = zero credibility.

He's a civil rights leader employing the term in general speech. His credibility really isn't relevant to that

I wouldn't listen to that man tell me anything, because everything he does, everything he says in life, results in racist remarks.

I'm not sure what that has to do with black people using nigger

His entire existence relies on stirring the pot, and keeping people apart.

He clearly didn't intend those comments to be aired

He wants people to think he's more like Martin Luther King, Jr., but really he's more like Al Sharpton or Farakkhan. Pot stirrers like Jesse Jackson are the reason we will always have racism in this country.

Again, I am unsure what that has to do with my evidence that African Americans use nigger in general speech, and rather often. As I cited above, Aaron McCruder defends his heavy use of the term in the boondocks on the same point.

Why would he lie and why would my experience around African Americans be so unique? Clearly the more obvious answer is that African Americans use the term "nigger" a lot.

OK. And you know this because your best friend is black? :lol: Sorry, Chuckles. Seriously - I don't really give one damn what Jesse Jackson has to say about anything. Whether or not he uses the word, he's a racist and a pot-stirrer and no good will ever come of this man, other than inflaming already high racial tensions.

OK. And you know this because your best friend is black? :lol: Sorry, Chuckles.

No, because my experience, the experience of African Americans, and citable usage all support it

Seriously - I don't really give one damn what Jesse Jackson has to say about anything. Whether or not he uses the word, he's a racist and a pot-stirrer and no good will ever come of this man, other than inflaming already high racial tensions.

Cool, but I am not citing him in any other context than a black man using Nigger, as opposed to Nigga. But clearly it helps underline my point that a prominent civil rights activist and ctique of it's popular usage uses it in his generalized conversational speech

lol ...

No, I understand fully the difference between nigger and nigga. What I challenged is the claim that AA don't use the former

Yeah I am full of s*** that my experiences as a black person does not matter. I see you like arguing for the sake of arguing. Good day sir.

No, because my experience, the experience of African Americans, and citable usage all support it

Cool, but I am not citing him in any other context than a black man using Nigger, as opposed to Nigga. But clearly it helps underline my point that a prominent civil rights activist and ctique of it's popular usage uses it in his generalized conversational speech

Chuckles I am telling you not only as a black man, but as a long time resident of Los Angeles California, we do not refer to each other as "niggers" here. Or are you going to continue to discount my experiences in place of yours or what you've read?

Chuckles I am telling you not only as a black man, but as a long time resident of Los Angeles California, we do not refer to each other as "niggers" here. Or are you going to continue to discount my experiences in place of yours or what you've read?

Come on, Hypersonic. I'll bet some of his best friends are black. :lol:

Hey, maybe LA is the huge exception. But in the larger african american community, what you claim goes against my observations, citible incidences, and remarks by other African americans

I am reading Lisa Jackson's deposition, and I tell you. Good chargrilled oysters or not - I'll never eat at Uncle Bubba's Oyster House again. That man is crazy. If it were based on the word of one person, I'd think there was a monetary reason she was doing this, but in the deposition, she states that many people heard things that were said - racial things, awful things - over and over again. He'll never get another dime of mine. I've never been a fan of Paula Deen, but wasn't going to let that steer me from a good plate of oysters. But I tell you, I have my limits. Some of the things that happened - just reprehensible.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up like my personal relationships had any relevancy here.

Hey, maybe LA is the huge exception. But in the larger african american community, what you claim goes against my observations, citible incidences, and remarks by other African americans

You do realize California second to New York, is the largest state population wise in the entire United States so I think my sample size is quite large.

LoL--indeed.....

I tell you growing up, that used to bother the hell out of me about some people.

I am reading Lisa Jackson's deposition, and I tell you. Good chargrilled oysters or not - I'll never eat at Uncle Bubba's Oyster House again. That man is crazy. If it were based on the word of one person, I'd think there was a monetary reason she was doing this, but in the deposition, she states that many people heard things that were said - racial things, awful things - over and over again. He'll never get another dime of mine. I've never been a fan of Paula Deen, but wasn't going to let that steer me from a good plate of oysters. But I tell you, I have my limits. Some of the things that happened - just reprehensible.

Where did you read it?

You do realize California second to New York, is the largest state population wise in the entire United States so I think my sample size is quite large.

Well, I cited a prominent african american supporting his use of the word based on it's general use among african americans, and cited another prominent civil rights leader using it in his casual speech.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up like my personal relationships had any relevancy here.

Chuckles - it's a running joke, mmK? People who swear they aren't racist, or who usually say they have an extensive knowledge of racism, usually says something along the lines of, "I'm not racist! Some of my best friends are black!"

It's just comical. That's all. Have a Coke and a smile, OK? I'm just messing with you.

Chuckles - it's a running joke, mmK?

I am well aware what it is in reference to

People who swear they aren't racist, or who usually say they have an extensive knowledge of racism

Right, it seems you are trying to characterize me as a racist, for pointing out use of language among African Americans. Which doesn't make much sense, especially when I am citing evidence to support my claim

IMO, lots of people use the n-word

Very few prohibit black people from using their bathroom.

IMO, lots of people use the n-word

Very few prohibit black people from using their bathroom.

And it hasn't been proven that this happened at all. One woman who is suing the restaurant chain she worked for is claiming this, despite the fact that others have said the policy was truly that no workers/employees could use the guest restrooms. It had nothing to do with race or skin color.

And it hasn't been proven that this happened at all. One woman who is suing the restaurant chain she worked for is claiming this, despite the fact that others have said the policy was truly that no workers/employees could use the guest restrooms. It had nothing to do with race or skin color.

That's not what I read

It's the woman who is suing who insisted that no employee use the guest bathroom but mgmt over ruled her.

That's not what I read

It's the woman who is suing who insisted that no employee use the guest bathroom but mgmt over ruled her.

No. She said that only white employees were being allowed to use the guest bathrooms, but she has no one to support this claim. The management has said that the policy is that no employee was allowed to use guest bathrooms.

Back
Top Bottom