• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parler gone

AWS denying service is actionable in court, breach of contract - but with the Maoists in charge it's doubtful anyone can get an honest hearing.
Yeah we control everything. It must be frustrating that you guys are so weak and powerless

Please, there was plenty of posts advocating violence on Instagram last year and they had no problem with those. Stop acting like social media is being evenhanded because it’s not.
None the less, Parler did break it's user agreement with Amazon. Also, it showed no sign of upgrading their detection ability, so the violations would of continued unchecked. Digital threats of violence will spill out into the analog World if left unchecked. Amazon HAD to shut them down. It was ethically and legally correct.

That came out easy, did it?

It's the democrat motto - quite obviously.

Silencing freedom of speech using monopolies and trusts to destroy those who would speak against the party.

Yeah, democrats are Nazis - no denying it now.

I am having a problem with this. It is different from Twitter banning Trump from posting. This is one interest party (Parler) that obviously made a deal with another interest party to use their product (Amazon) and the second one nullified the agreement over night not giving Parler any opportunity to move safely over to another server before shutdown.

I am having a problem with this...(and I am having a conflicted problem with myself for having a problem with this)

This is a hard one and I better stay outside this discussions...:cautious:🤬

Dan just might get his wish...
From what I read on the techie site this AM, Dan was so lackadaisical about the shutdown that he knew was coming, he let the security blanket expire before killing the servers. If the result of that is as reported, that millions of users had their personal information stolen, he will be sued to high heaven. What a dumbass.

I think the right wing is just upset that there is no market for what they are selling

I completely understand the fear of big tech and them getting too much power.

But I don't see how anyone can complain about this. If you are going to run a site like this I think that the company willing to host this site has a reasonable expectation that you will take some actions to stop violent and extremist posts. I'd say it's very apparent that Parlor has not sufficiently attempted this. If you were running a company that hosts websites, would you agree to host a website that is just chock full of extremists posts and full of plans to murder politicians and governmental employees and to attempt to overthrow the government? Not me.

I don't know what they've attempted to do, tbh.
I agree that 98 posts, (the number Amazon cited), should have been removed, but IMO, they should have warned Parler first instead of pulling them off completely.
There is more to this story than meets the eye. It's being said that Parler became the number one social media site on the net, and the tech giants didn't like that a conservative site had gained so much traction so they colluded as a monopoly to allow their own personal politics gang up on them in order to shut them down...

Why would twitter pull these posts? There is no PII in the posts and they aren't advocating anything, they are reporting on what was said somewhere else..

Because Twitter crushes any speech that opposes the party.

DURP

democrats are Nazis.

I wonder if they will be using the firm of Giuliani, Wood and Powell for this lawsuit? :ROFLMAO:

Parler goes offline following suspensions by Amazon, Apple and Google / Twitter

Doesn't look good for Parler's future. They are being shut down by other venders, who no doubt fear it will hurt their brand.
Who's next on big tech's list to exterminate?

ErbvHxPVgAAZHfN

Sorry for your loss.

AWS denying service is actionable in court, breach of contract - but with the Maoists in charge it's doubtful anyone can get an honest hearing.

Ever been involved in a lawsuit like this? :ROFLMAO:

I don't know what they've attempted to do, tbh.
I agree that 98 posts, (the number Amazon cited), should have been removed, but IMO, they should have warned Parler first instead of pulling them off completely.
There is more to this story than meets the eye. It's being said that Parler became the number one site and the tech giants didn't like that a conservative site had gained so much traction so they colluded as a monopoly to allow their own personal politics gang up on them to shut them down...
Collusion is illegal. Make the case in court

It's the democrat motto - quite obviously.

Silencing freedom of speech using monopolies and trusts to destroy those who would speak against the party.

Yeah, democrats are Nazis - no denying it now.
I'm wondering if you'd be singing the same tune if you were one of the people who's home address had been distributed on Parler?

Doesn't look good for Parler's future. They are being shut down by other venders, who no doubt fear it will hurt their brand.
Who's next on big tech's list to exterminate?

ErbvHxPVgAAZHfN

Whoever they deem fit, I suppose. Were any laws broken? If not, I don't suppose there's a lot that tantrum having ex Parler users can do about it, any more than I can storm into Nike and demand purple polka dot Jordans.

In the meantime, you know your "movement" is doomed when even their money is unwelcome.

You better get used to it, as this is just the beginning of those consequences I've been talking about. Perhaps it's just time to #walkaway from Trumpism.

I think the right wing is just upset that there is no market for what they are selling

Au contraire. There IS!
Parler recently became the number one social platform on the Net.

Whoever they deem fit, I suppose. Were any laws broken? If not, I don't suppose there's a lot that tantrum having ex Parler users can do about it, any more than I can storm into Nike and demand purple polka dot Jordans.

In the meantime, you know your "movement" is doomed when even their money is unwelcome.

You better get used to it, as this is just the beginning of those consequences I've been talking about. Perhaps it's just time to #walkaway from Trumpism.

Maybe you should try to not make your posts so personally pointed and stick to the actual topic of the thread?

Au contraire. There IS!
Parler recently became the number one social platform on the Net.
Great. Then what is the complaint? Let them do everything independently and if there is a market they will be successful

The problem is they want to piggyback off twitter and Google

Did you know that in the 1890's, JP Morgan formed a trust with the suppliers of ink and paper in order to silence a New York paper critical of him?

It was one of the acts that fueled Teddy Roosevelt to go after Morgan.

This action by the tech monopolies is identical - a trust formed to silence dissenting views.

It's illegal, and un-American on every level.

Of course democrats are un-American on every level to start with.

Back
Top Bottom