• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parler gone

It is not a criminal conspiracy and insurrectionist site, so stop lying.
What if he decides to remove those posts that meet the above criteria?
Should Amazon offer Parler service again?

This is not about that. Its about taking down competitors. Essentially the barrier to entry into the market has been raised. At least that was the attempt. That was the point of the coordinated attack. Whether it sticks, who knows. As a side note opportunity has been opened inadvertently by the big tech companies. Businesses are going migrate away from exclusive use of cloud services. Its an opportunity for a company to provide private servers with guaranteed contracts or rent distributed space. There's a lot of opportunities that just opened up. Every cloud has its silver lining. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Parler if they survive will come out stronger. I am so glad I have my own servers.

Think about this. A whole bunch of people are going to be outed and their comments are going to be documented and their wives and sons and daughters and in-laws and family and friends will read it.

Isn't that up to twitter?

Ok, I was wrong about Twitter allowing doxing on their site.
Yes, it is up to Twitter what they will allow... The SJW and cancel culture permeates their site, and there is no TOS rule broken.

From the guy that advocates taking away religious freedom rights.

Don't misrepresent me. I have never advocated that people not be allowed to play religion.

Ok, I was wrong about Twitter allowing doxing on their site.
Yes, it is up to Twitter what they will allow... The SJW and cancel culture permeates their site, and there is no TOS rule broken.

And... Twitter builds and maintains their own infrastructure, they don't depend on AWS.

It is not a criminal conspiracy and insurrectionist site, so stop lying.
What if the owner of Parler decides to remove those posts that meet the above criteria?
Should Amazon offer Parler service again?

That is exactly what Parler is as all of its leaked posts demonstrate. Last I checked, we have freedom of association in this country so if I were Amazon I would never offer Parler service again.

Please, there was plenty of posts advocating violence on Instagram last year and they had no problem with those. Stop acting like social media is being evenhanded because it’s not.

You will see as the thread continues, the nuh-uhs, deflections, whataboutisms will prevail to your concern above.
And this makes me think that some don't really care about one of their own stepping over the proverbial line as much as they want to be the thought cops, judge and jury for what they deem is hateful political speech.

Parler goes offline following suspensions by Amazon, Apple and Google / Twitter

Doesn't look good for Parler's future. They are being shut down by other venders, who no doubt fear it will hurt their brand.
Who's next on big tech's list to exterminate?

ErbvHxPVgAAZHfN

Lack of a credible link noted

Hey, maybe they can set up a BBS! No liberal host required! All they need is a 486 66, and they're good to go.

MjgyMzE0Mw.jpeg

That is exactly what Parler is as all of its leaked posts demonstrate. Last I checked, we have freedom of association in this country so if I were Amazon I would never offer Parler service again.

How many posts inciting violence are there since you know? In reality, there are very few.
IMO, those who promoted insurrection should be banned but to punish the entire community of conservatives and shutting down a conservative platform because of a few bad apples is not warranted.

I believe the owner of Parler must remove any post that promotes violence and insurrection. That's not free speech.

What do you define as hate? Opinions you hate? What if someone says they hate Biden, really hate him.. Who gets to define the political speech that is hateful? I see there's a thread where some are promoting for the removal of Fox News. What do you think about going that route? Do you think Fox should be shut down because according to some they are promoting "hate" speech? What about Twitter? They allow plenty of hate on their site? Should we shut them down too because Kathy Griffin incited the assassination of DJT? Should big tech be the arbitrator of political forums, and have the power to say, you're done? Off the air, damaging you so badly that nobody will want to service you again?

Indeed.
While I can see your 1st A protection of insurrection, but I can't believe you don't see the problem with inciting violence.

But then again, 1st A does not apply to private platforms, so the legal point - at least - would be moot.

Doesn't look good for Parler's future. They are being shut down by other venders, who no doubt fear it will hurt their brand.
Who's next on big tech's list to exterminate?

ErbvHxPVgAAZHfN

No worries; it was properly hacked in the hours before it went dark, after the security blanket was ditched and everyone's personal information was there for the taking.

Twitter and Facebook were created by capitalism.

If parler has a product enough people want....no one can stop them

Back
Top Bottom