• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parler gone

It is not a criminal conspiracy and insurrectionist site, so stop lying.
What if the owner of Parler decides to remove those posts that meet the above criteria?
Should Amazon offer Parler service again?
It's always good to see exactly who whines more about Parler than voice concern that a cop was beaten to death.

How many posts inciting violence are there since you know? In reality, there are very few.
IMO, those who promoted insurrection should be banned but to punish the entire community of conservatives and shutting down a conservative platform because of a few bad apples is not warranted.

The TOS were very clear. Parler did not remove content which violated Amazon’s TOS nor did it demonstrate any effort to establish sufficient moderation to bring it into compliance and keep it that way. So take your complaints up with Parler’s CEO. He’s the one who decided that if people can’t use his site for criminal purposes then no one can.

Parler goes offline following suspensions by Amazon, Apple and Google / Twitter
Doesn't look good for Parler's future. They are being shut down by other venders, who no doubt fear it will hurt their brand.
Who's next on big tech's list to exterminate?
Parler goes offline following suspensions by Amazon, Apple and Google / Twitter

Terms of Service: How do they work?

So ****ing confusing.
Maybe they should hire some lawyers to read these TOS before they agree to them?

All TOS have a liberal / never-Trumper bias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terms of Service: How do they work?

So ****ing confusing.
Maybe they should hire some lawyers to read these TOS before they agree to them?

All TOS have a liberal / never-Trumper bias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure Sidney and Rudy are on that. <snicker>

You will see as the thread continues, the nuh-uhs, deflections, whataboutisms will prevail to your concern above.
And this makes me think that some don't really care about one of their own stepping over the proverbial line as much as they want to be the thought cops, judge and jury for what they deem is hateful political speech.

I think it would be easier to deal with if people were honest that they’re totally cool with their opposition being shut up than claim some fidelity to free speech for everyone.

Please, there was plenty of posts advocating violence on Instagram last year and they had no problem with those. Stop acting like social media is being evenhanded because it’s not.

So? They should and they have banned the prez. Who is acting like SM is even handed?

It is not a criminal conspiracy and insurrectionist site, so stop lying.
What if the owner of Parler decides to remove those posts that meet the above criteria?
What would be left?

I think Amazon should consider resuming service to Parler only if the site publicly acknowledges it’s complicity in allowing violent, anti-American extremists a haven for conspiring against individuals, representative groups, and our government as a whole, and establishes a “zero tolerance” policy for any user that promotes violent or illegal actions.

Deplatforming has been shown to be an effective way of combating violent extremism.
Amazon told Parler that it flagged 98 examples of the above, and that it will no longer host Parler's website.
Wouldn't it have been more productive to tell Parler to remove those posts than to yank the entire site?

You sure you don't want to demand that that poster condemn something? :rolleyes:

What a boring routine. At least people know that if they've seen one X Factor post, they've seen 'em all. I guess there's that.

From that guy who’s entire purpose here is to complain about what someone else says.

Maybe Trump will buy the architecture and set up an offshore server.

I think Amazon should consider resuming service to Parler only if the site publicly acknowledges it’s complicity in allowing violent, anti-American extremists a haven for conspiring against individuals, representative groups, and our government as a whole, and establishes a “zero tolerance” policy for any user that promotes violent or illegal actions.

I agree.

What would be left?

Obviously, you've never read over on Parler if you are under the delusion that there were only 98 posts, all calling for insurrection.

I think it would be easier to deal with if people were honest that they’re totally cool with their opposition being shut up than claim some fidelity to free speech for everyone.
I think it would be easier to deal with if people were honest that they’re totally cool violating agreements and people breaking their contracts with their commercial partners than to claim some fidelity to free speech for everyone.

lol...yeah, that must me it. <facepalm>

Back
Top Bottom