• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parent Gets 1/2 of School Board Fired

Sounds like Donald Trump.....

You're Fired !!!!!!!!!!

Well, in this case it was a judge responding to a parent who didn't like the fact that school board was blowing her and other parents off.

So she did something about it.

Good for her.....

With that, Rosica once again took to Google to research next steps and learned she had all she needed to ask the judge to take “declaratory action” against the board immediately. Once again, Judge William Mahon agreed with Rosica and this week ordered all five Democrat members of the West Chester Pennsylvania School Board “removed from office” immediately.

The WCASD is a woke district, here's the Equity Report:

Recommendation #4: Ensure that students of color feel welcome and affirmed when participating in higher-level courses.
Action Steps:
Provide training for faculty and staff to increase their cultural proficiency, including a focus on whiteness and the impact of white privilege on cross-cultural interactions (between staff and students).

You quoted me why?
Yes, they can be fired. Now they are claiming clerical error so they AREN'T. I can guarantee you one of two things happen:

1. They stand on principle and are removed AGAIN.
2. They fall in line and stay.

It wasn't a "clerical error"...

There is a unique, never used, bit of Pennsylvania law this ONE voter is using to remove these board members.

You know, common sense is a wonderful tool to have. We are all born with it to some degree, there's just some people that either refuse to use it, or don't now how to access it.

We've all witnessed for a few years now the arrogance of progressive school board members, and we all know the political ideology of school board members, teachers, and school administrators that are mask Nazis.... Again, they are progressives.

They disobeyed the law, then disobeyed a county judge, then they were fired as they should have been.

“They disobeyed the law, then disobeyed a county judge, then they were fired as they should have been.”

Unless you apply your argument to all who break the law your post drips with partisanship.

Didn't exactly work out that way, did it?
Work out what way? Sounds like the judge tore those lawyers a new one. The parent understood the law better than they did. They're lucky he gave them a second chance.

Work out what way? Sounds like the judge tore those lawyers a new one. The parent understood the law better than they did. They're lucky he gave them a second chance.
Yeah - parents and the internet vs. expensive lawyers.

Case continues to move forward.

Seems like parents and the internet are just as good as those fancy expensive lawyers that the school district and BOE are paying for - likely at a cost of about $200/hr.

You're Fired !!!!!!!!!!

Well, in this case it was a judge responding to a parent who didn't like the fact that school board was blowing her and other parents off.

Good for her.....

With that, Rosica once again took to Google to research next steps and learned she had all she needed to ask the judge to take “declaratory action” against the board immediately. Once again, Judge William Mahon agreed with Rosica and this week ordered all five Democrat members of the West Chester Pennsylvania School Board “removed from office” immediately.

This is allowing the court wayyyyyyyyy too much authority .......... wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. This is local stuff = take it to the ballot boxes. This judge most be in the back pocket of ALEC radical right wing nuts who want to kill public education so they may step up and start profiting from public education.

The judge is out of her jurisdiction.

Seems like parents and the internet are just as good as those fancy expensive lawyers that the school district and BOE are paying for - likely at a cost of about $200/hr.

Her petition is laughable.. calling masks experimental medical devices is sure to be a convincing argument..

Her petition is laughable.. calling masks experimental medical devices is sure to be a convincing argument..
The case isn't hers to prove. The district is the one going against the state superior court ruling and orders. They have the burden to prove WHY.

She just had to bring the petition and did so apparently appropriately enough.

Do try to understand what the underlying case is about.

Oh great.
People can now purge school boards along political lines.
That sure sounds like it won't be a problem at all and I'm sure you'll all be just fine with any school that has every conservative kicked out.
If a conservative board behaves like they did, yes, they should be removed from their position.

The case isn't hers to prove. The district is the one going against the state superior court ruling and orders. They have the burden to prove WHY.

She just had to bring the petition and did so apparently appropriately enough.

Do try to understand what the underlying case is about.

How many people needed to sign her petition?

While I don't necessarily agree, I don't see many school boards that are not dominated by the left.

Why the right cedes these is beyond me.

Where I used to live the school board fights were nasty and political.

Because the left isn't hostile to knowledge, like criminalizing teaching and purging libraries of books.

You're Fired !!!!!!!!!!

Good for her.....

Good for her! Unbelievable they just ignored the judge. The arrogance is astounding.

Oh great.
People can now purge school boards along political lines.
That sure sounds like it won't be a problem at all and I'm sure you'll all be just fine with any school that has every conservative kicked out.
IF they are not doing their jobs, and ignore a judges request....yes, they should all be fired.

And just like that, the right wingers loved activist judges.

Fake News. They haven't been fired. Townhall Title is a lie. Any pleading filed with the court has a filing fee.

School boards should never, ever, ever, ever listen to parents. Most parents know nothing about managing the education of their children. The dumbest among the parents are the least likely to know it.
I hope you're kidding. The majority of parents I know are not like you describe at all. And many of them graduated from the same school their kids are going to. If you think they are dumb, that's not saying much about the school, now is it?

The funny thing about this WHOLE bullshit is the district lifted their mask mandate over a month ago....

Uh....it was the judge, who was apparently pretty left wing who fired them.

And it is great they purge a school board along political lines or any other line.

You don't listen to parents.......good bye.....no matter who you are.
By "listen" to the parents, you mean let the parents dictate policy for the schools? Why even have a board?

By "listen" to the parents, you mean let the parents dictate policy for the schools? Why even have a board?

They apparently think allowing 10 parents the power to petition a court to remove school board members is a good thing...

For better or worse, I guarantee they are paying more than $200/hour.

Back
Top Bottom