• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parent Gets 1/2 of School Board Fired

So all the big talk about the parent getting five members will turn out to be just more bullshit fantasy... Were these board members elected?

Were they removed: Yes

Do you not read the articles posted?

And the point was never to get the board members removed, the objective was to get the MASKS removed and allow the kids to have normal school....like every other district around them.

Why read the article when you can just spout left-wing crap ?

She is.

She did.

LOL... Except she can't calculate dates correctly.. If she was an attorney, this would be handled completely differently...

It's amusing seeing who is promoting this story outside of DP and the stupidity of their take on what happened... LMAO...

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 7.58.40 AM.png

Except they weren't and the judge likely screwed up...

Mahon had given the board 20 days from that date to respond, the attorney said, which would be Monday, April 4.

“The order does not indicate a specific date by which the respondents must submit a responsive pleading,” the motion for reconsideration notes. “Moreover (Rosica) electronically served the March 15, 2022 order on (the firm) on March 28, 2022” indicating that the deadline could be even later in April.

Mahon has scheduled a hearing on the district’s motion for reconsideration for Friday. At that time, he could vacate his order removing the board members, or uphold it.

Rosica said that she disagreed with the board’s interpretation of the deadline, even though she acknowledged in a letter delivered to Mahon Monday she that she needed “clarification” on the timing. “It’s not my intention to waste the court’s time if my interpretation is incorrect,” she wrote.

The judge didn't give them 20 days from his order. He gave them 20 days from service of the petition, which was in February.

Oh great.
People can now purge school boards along political lines.
That sure sounds like it won't be a problem at all and I'm sure you'll all be just fine with any school that has every conservative kicked out.

Ah, no...they got removed for their own stupidity.

They had twenty days to give their response to Rosica’s petition for removal of five pro-mask board members. They decided to defy a judges order to remain silent and then removed.

Except they weren't and the judge likely screwed up...

Mahon had given the board 20 days from that date to respond, the attorney said, which would be Monday, April 4.

“The order does not indicate a specific date by which the respondents must submit a responsive pleading,” the motion for reconsideration notes. “Moreover (Rosica) electronically served the March 15, 2022 order on (the firm) on March 28, 2022” indicating that the deadline could be even later in April.

Mahon has scheduled a hearing on the district’s motion for reconsideration for Friday. At that time, he could vacate his order removing the board members, or uphold it.

Rosica said that she disagreed with the board’s interpretation of the deadline, even though she acknowledged in a letter delivered to Mahon Monday she that she needed “clarification” on the timing. “It’s not my intention to waste the court’s time if my interpretation is incorrect,” she wrote.

Lawyer speak for I f**ked up.

My point is if you start allowing boards to be purged along party lines then you'll just end up with politicised schools.
This will be bad for both sides.
yep

LOL... Except she can't calculate dates correctly.. If she was an attorney, this would be handled completely differently...

You seem comfortable making predictions with no real information. Did you find a crystal ball somewhere ?

What if you kid is gay or trans ?

This was about masks. So your deflection is noted.

They were fired because a parent wanted them to implement the law (that was upheld by the SCOP.
And y’all can only hold one narrative at a time in your heads, so can’t see that your carefully crafted perspective sounds stupid applied to anything else.

And y’all can only hold one narrative at a time in your heads, so can’t see that your carefully crafted perspective sounds stupid applied to anything else.

Or, we simply won't follow your red herring.

Oh great.
People can now purge school boards along political lines.
That sure sounds like it won't be a problem at all and I'm sure you'll all be just fine with any school that has every conservative kicked out.
School Boards, politicians, teachers, whoever else.

They all work for us, and yes, they can all be fired.

Unfortunately, most school board members don't either.

Making local schools the target of the culture warriors is one of the vilest things the right wingers have done lately.
It's almost like attacking a church, something that was once sacred.
Needless to say, it isn't safely liberal any longer.
You can become malleable and start listening to parents or you can stay perched upon that high horse and think you/they know better for people's children than the parent's do.

Up to you.

I get that maybe they are doing this in protest.

If so, their point is lost in the fact that a parent got their rear ends booted for showing such hubris.

The judge didn't give them 20 days from his order. He gave them 20 days from service of the petition, which was in February.

Didn't exactly work out that way, did it?

Elected officials can be fired by VOTERS except in rare circumstances... This was an error in calculating the date to respond, nothing more...

Elected officials can be fired by VOTERS except in rare circumstances... This was an error in calculating the date to respond, nothing more...

You quoted me why?
Yes, they can be fired. Now they are claiming clerical error so they AREN'T. I can guarantee you one of two things happen:

1. They stand on principle and are removed AGAIN.
2. They fall in line and stay.

I get that maybe they are doing this in protest.

If so, their point is lost in the fact that a parent got their rear ends booted for showing such hubris.

They were given a deadline and were told to go before the end of that deadline.
This may have indeed been a protest and they were within their right to take it right to the wire.

Back
Top Bottom