• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parent Gets 1/2 of School Board Fired

Maybe. The average rate attorneys charge boards around here is between $175-225.
Really? I guess I'm glad I did not go into education law- at least not where you live.

Sounds like Donald Trump.....

You're Fired !!!!!!!!!!

Well, in this case it was a judge responding to a parent who didn't like the fact that school board was blowing her and other parents off.

So she did something about it.

Good for her.....

With that, Rosica once again took to Google to research next steps and learned she had all she needed to ask the judge to take “declaratory action” against the board immediately. Once again, Judge William Mahon agreed with Rosica and this week ordered all five Democrat members of the West Chester Pennsylvania School Board “removed from office” immediately.

That sort of thing works both ways.
And I can't wait to see it happen in reverse.

Really? I guess I'm glad I did not go into education law- at least not where you live.
Yeah, I was quite surprised myself. They get really hefty retainers upfront every year, so that might be why the rates aren't as high as you'd expect - it is guaranteed money and for the most part, reviewing contracts, etc.

Over my dead body.

This is pretty unique to Pennsylvania... Pennsylvania school code allows a petition with just 10 signatures to petition for removal of school board members for "refuse or neglect to perform any duty"... Mrs. Rosica is claiming that by NOT removing the mask mandate, the school board refused or neglected to perform a duty since the state supreme court ruled a statewide mandate by the governor was not authorized by the state constitution. Of course, the supreme court ruling said NOTHING about local school boards having the authority to implement mask mandates. Even more troublesome for Mrs. Rosica, the West Chester School District board made the masks optional after February 1st of this year.

Section 318. Removal for Failure to Organize or Neglect of Duty.--If the board of school directors in any district (1) fail to organize as hereafter provided, or (2) refuse or neglect to perform any duty imposed upon it by the provisions of this act relating to school districts or (3) being a party to a joint board agreement refuse or neglect to perform any duty imposed upon it by the provisions of this act relating to joint boards or by the joint board agreement, any ten resident taxpayers in the district or, in the case of a distressed school district as defined in this act, the special board of control provided for in section 692 of this act, may present their or its petition in writing, verified by the oath or affirmation of at least three such resident taxpayers or, in the case of a distressed school district, by the Superintendent of Public Instruction, to the court of common pleas of the county in which such district or the largest part in area is located, setting forth the facts of such refusal or neglect of duty on the part of such school directors. The court shall grant a rule upon the school directors, returnable in not less than ten or more than twenty days from the date of issue thereof, to show cause why they should not be removed from office. The school directors shall have at least five days' notice of the granting of the rule. On or before the return day of the rule the school directors, individually or jointly, shall file in writing their answer or answers to the petition, under oath. If the facts set forth in the petition, or any material part thereof, is denied, the court shall hear the several parties on such matters as are contained in the petition. If on such hearing, or if when no answer is filed denying the facts set forth in the petition, the court shall be of the opinion that any duty imposed on the board of school directors, which is by the provisions of this act made mandatory upon them to perform, has not been done or has been neglected by them the court shall have power to remove the board, or such of its number as in its opinion is proper, and appoint for the unexpired terms other qualified persons in their stead, subject to the provisions of this act.

The court shall impose the cost of such proceedings upon the petitioners, or upon the school directors, or upon the school district, or may apportion the same among them as it shall deem just and proper.

Back
Top Bottom