• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin Going After Trump

Relax. There's an awful lot of breathless reporting and opining going on. The media loves this, and they're more than happy to drive the political hysteria we see now. Trump's pretty happy about it too. They have a symbiotic relationship. Palin is a non-factor, and never has been significant except in occupying a special place in the minds of some liberals.

Let's wait and see what comes of the Trump-Ryan meeting on Thursday.

Someone forgot to tell her that she's insignificant.

When Trump loses the election anyone who supported him will be forever tainted so yes he does have something to lose.
No he doesn't. If Ryan losses it'll be because he's in a district dominated by manufacturing and he advocates shipping those jobs overseas.

Paul Ryan made a tactically weak decision. I losses nothing by saying he supports Trump yet chose not to do so. He should have taken a few cues from Reince Preibus and said "he's our nominee, we're going to work with him". It's not like Trump cheated to win the way Cruz lied about Ben Carson. I bet if Cruz was winning right now Ryan would be all up in Cruz' ass right now.

Why do you believe Ryan has with held his endorsement? It makes no sense, Trump is the last man standing, there is no doubt Trump will be the nominee. Ryan appears to making the situation worse.

Why do you believe Ryan has with held his endorsement? It makes no sense, Trump is the last man standing, there is no doubt Trump will be the nominee.

Ryan is trying to eat his cake and have it too. He wants to be a leader in the GOP but he doesn't want to endorse Trump whom is non-traditional. If he were a true leader he would rally his troops to be "never trump" which is a tactically stupid decision but at least it's courageous or he would endorse Trump fully which might hurt him among the establishment but would solidify Republicans around Trump. Instead he's trying to have it both ways because he's a coward.

Ryan is trying to eat his cake and have it too. He wants to be a leader in the GOP but he doesn't want to endorse Trump whom is non-traditional. If he were a true leader he would rally his troops to be "never trump" which is a tactically stupid decision but at least it's courageous or he would endorse Trump fully which might hurt him among the establishment but would solidify Republicans around Trump. Instead he's trying to have it both ways because he's a coward.

Interesting

Ryan will have to fall in line fast, seems like he is in a catch 22 situation, he will be damned either way.

Someone forgot to tell her that she's insignificant.

She is, but her name is enough to drive some nutty. She has her place, as we all do, but it's not on the national stage. Restrained rhetoric isn't in her wheelhouse, and that reflects short-sighted and less than thoughtful reactions.

Interesting

Ryan will have to fall in line fast, seems like he is in a catch 22 situation, he will be damned either way.

I think American voters will feel that way in November. You are damned either way. Am looking at my unmarked primary ballot right now. Don't know if I will even send it in. Interesting in that it still has Ben Carson's name on it.

Sarah Palin is now on the warpath wanting to attack Paul Ryan in the primaries to get rid of him for his current stance on Trump. I'm having trouble understanding this since Paul Ryan is infinitely closer to a Tea Partier than Donald Trump is. Are there any lines left in politics anymore? Has Paul Ryan turned into a RINO and therefore Trump is closer to a Tea Partier than Ryan is? Is Palin just trying to suck up for VP? I'm so confused. I don't know who is who anymore.

Does she have a new book to pander? May be she feels forgotten? Who knows...ego makes you do strange things.

When Trump loses the election anyone who supported him will be forever tainted so yes he does have something to lose.

When Trump wins the election, every Republican who did not support him is forever tainted and has everything to lose.

Does she have a new book to pander? May be she feels forgotten? Who knows...ego makes you do strange things.

Don't know about a book but she has signed a T.V. contract to be the host of a judge show similar to Judge Judy. Apparently you don't have to be a real judge to make decisions on a reality judge show. I can't wait to see that --------------------NOT. I do have to give her a lot of credit though for being one of the best I've ever seen at cashing in on her five minutes of fame.

Sarah Palin is now on the warpath wanting to attack Paul Ryan in the primaries to get rid of him for his current stance on Trump. I'm having trouble understanding this since Paul Ryan is infinitely closer to a Tea Partier than Donald Trump is. Are there any lines left in politics anymore? Has Paul Ryan turned into a RINO and therefore Trump is closer to a Tea Partier than Ryan is? Is Palin just trying to suck up for VP? I'm so confused. I don't know who is who anymore.

This isn't confusing to me. Sarah Palin isn't a conviction politician - she's a branding politician. She is all about Sarah Palin and the myth of Palin celebrity. After her failure on the Republican ticket, she glommed onto the Tea Party movement that rose out of the financial crisis. She doesn't give a damn about the principles that led to the rise of the Tea Party and the Tea Party movement was foolish to let her run to the front of their march. She and those she supported politically, have for the most part destroyed any legitimacy the Tea Party movement originally had but there are politicians, like Paul Ryan, who remain consistent and supportive of the early movement's principles.

It's not surprising at all that Sarah Palin would now try to glom onto the other celebrity in the news in an attempt to reinvigorate and reinvent her failed star turn. Anyone who believes Sarah Palin, at this point, is interested in what's best for America is an idiot which, coincidentally, makes them perfect tools for con artists like Donald Trump and Palin.

When Trump wins the election, every Republican who did not support him is forever tainted and has everything to lose.

It actually points to why his nomination is so dangerous to the Republican party. No matter which way it goes, a whole bunch of Republicans will be without a party.

It actually points to why his nomination is so dangerous to the Republican party. No matter which way it goes, a whole bunch of Republicans will be without a party.

Being without a party is where Trumsters have been for 20 years. Now they are fighting back.

Ironically, there seems to be a whole lot more Trumpsters than anybody dreamed.

Ideally, the unrepresented of both parties should unite and bring the country back to the people. Trump is middle of the road. I believe that's where much of the population is.

No he doesn't. If Ryan losses it'll be because he's in a district dominated by manufacturing and he advocates shipping those jobs overseas.

Ryan does not make his ties in China.

The Tea Party, Sarah Palin, and Donald Trump are the result of desperation and fear not political policy. Racist white Christians believe that they are losing "their" country. They have held down every single institution of power for so long that they just believe they are entitled to it. They have been brainwashed by the right wing propaganda machine to believe that liberals the literal spawn of Satan. They're delusional devotion to a political party is so deep that to admit to the reality of what they're doing would result in a nervous breakdown. Explaining to them how horrible their candidate is would be like trying to tell a woman that her current boyfriend is a piece of ****. No matter how obvious it is she can't admit to that reality because it would confirm a stereotype about her. It would require her to admit that she's a stupid girl that falls for assholes and that she's incapable of making the most important decision of her life on her own. The result is that she makes excuses for clearly horrible behavior, and elevates the handful of things about him that are tolerable as if that makes up for everything.

In her mind the Republican Party is flawless and full of brilliant people. To admit that those people aren't all that brilliant and are in fact every bit as dumb, racist and manipulable as liberals have been saying they are for years would likely result in a literal nervous break down.

The Tea Party, Sarah Palin, and Donald Trump are the result of desperation and fear not political policy. Racist white Christians believe that they are losing "their" country. They have held down every single institution of power for so long that they just believe they are entitled to it. They have been brainwashed by the right wing propaganda machine to believe that liberals the literal spawn of Satan. They're delusional devotion to a political party is so deep that to admit to the reality of what they're doing would result in a nervous breakdown. Explaining to them how horrible their candidate is would be like trying to tell a woman that her current boyfriend is a piece of ****. No matter how obvious it is she can't admit to that reality because it would confirm a stereotype about her. It would require her to admit that she's a stupid girl that falls for assholes and that she's incapable of making the most important decision of her life on her own. The result is that she makes excuses for clearly horrible behavior, and elevates the handful of things about him that are tolerable as if that makes up for everything.

In her mind the Republican Party is flawless and full of brilliant people. To admit that those people aren't all that brilliant and are in fact every bit as dumb, racist and manipulable as liberals have been saying they are for years would likely result in a literal nervous break down.

Wow. Talk about stereotyping and falling for the propaganda machine. While what you describe may apply to a select few, your overgeneralization and stereotyping is just the very opposite side of the very same coin to which you belong.

Hyperbole is very strong in you.

It's too bad most people tend to dismiss those who display such things.

While what you describe may apply to a select few.
You can't keep hiding behind the bull**** lie that it is only a select few. Donald Trump is the Nominee of the Republican party. That means that in the highest voter turnout primary the republican party has ever had more than 50% of your voters are dumb enough to be manipulated by a demagogue.

Hyperbole is very strong in you.

It's too bad most people tend to dismiss those who display such things.

It's not dismissal, it's denial. Continue it at your own peril, it worked out great for establishment Republicans didn't it?

You can't keep hiding behind the bull**** lie that it is only a select few. Donald Trump is the Nominee of the Republican party. That means that in the highest voter turnout primary the republican party has ever had more than 50% of your voters are dumb enough to be manipulated by a demagogue.

It's not dismissal, it's denial. Continue it at your own peril, it worked out great for establishment Republicans didn't it?

But you're just assuming you know why these people voted for Trump. Most are looking past Trump's pimples and voting for him because they are sick of the establishment and find it refreshing that someone is not politically correct.

Wut? Trump didn't get more than 50% of the Republican primary votes. There have been 35 million votes cast in the Republican primaries. He got slightly less than 10 million of those votes.

Wut? Trump didn't get more than 50% of the Republican primary votes. There have been 35 million votes cast in the Republican primaries. He got slightly less than 10 million of those votes.

He got the delegates fair and square. Once the bottom feeders dropped out he was consistently getting around 50%.

But you're just assuming you know why these people voted for Trump. Most are looking past Trump's pimples and voting for him because they are sick of the establishment and find it refreshing that someone is not politically correct.
Why they think they are voting for him, and why you think they are voting for him is irrelevant. What is a fact is that he is a manipulative demagogue opportunist who's taking advantage of the ignorance and hatred of the average republican voter. I don't expect you to realize you're being manipulated. Manipulation wouldn't work very well if the average person could recognize it easily.

He got the delegates fair and square. Once the bottom feeders dropped out he was consistently getting around 50%.

Irrelevant. You said "more than 50% of your voters are dumb enough to be manipulated by a demagogue". Not only wasn't it more than 50% of the voters, it wasn't even close to 50%.

Irrelevant. You said "more than 50% of your voters are dumb enough to be manipulated by a demagogue". Not only wasn't it more than 50% of the voters, it wasn't even close to 50%.

You're quabbaling over a pointless exaggeration and you're calling me irrelevant.

Fact: Donald Trump received more votes in the Republican Primary than any other republican candidate in history.

Fact: Donald Trump is the textbook definition of a demagogue.

Fact: Donald Trump was rated the least honest politician in the field by Politifact.com

Fact: Donald Trump easily won the Republican primary acquiring more than half the delegates awarded.

A political party who's base would allow that to happen has no business whatsoever criticizing their opposing parties candidate or her supporters.

You're quabbaling over a pointless exaggeration and you're calling me irrelevant.

Fact: Donald Trump received more votes in the Republican Primary than any other republican candidate in history.

Fact: Donald Trump is the textbook definition of a demagogue.

Fact: Donald Trump was rated the least honest politician in the field by Politifact.com

Fact: Donald Trump easily won the Republican primary acquiring more than half the delegates awarded.

A political party who's base would allow that to happen has no business whatsoever criticizing their opposing parties candidate or her supporters.

I never called you irrelevant. I said your point, such as it was, was irrelevant. You need to read posts so you don't continue to misunderstand them and misquote them.

The rest of your facts are also irrelevant. You said over 50% of the GOP primary voters voted for Trump. That is a completely false statement.

Back
Top Bottom