• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin Going After Trump

Sarah Palin is now on the warpath wanting to attack Paul Ryan in the primaries to get rid of him for his current stance on Trump. I'm having trouble understanding this since Paul Ryan is infinitely closer to a Tea Partier than Donald Trump is. Are there any lines left in politics anymore? Has Paul Ryan turned into a RINO and therefore Trump is closer to a Tea Partier than Ryan is? Is Palin just trying to suck up for VP? I'm so confused. I don't know who is who anymore.

Nothing to be confused about: Sarah Palin is a "tea partier" only according to the mainstream media designation. She is just an opportunist jumping on any bandwagon that seems to be gathering speed: John McCain, the Tea Party movement, the anti-tea party Donald Trump - doesn't matter.

Actual tea parties, from Keli Carender to the nascent FreedomWorks network, were indeed all about economic freedoms and constitutional rights, pointedly refusing to engage in discussion of social issues or immigration, because their conservative, libertarian and moderate members would never agree there. (Remember how in Arizona they refused to endorse the Trumpoid single-issue anti-immigrant J.D.Hayworth, despite their deep dislike of Sen.McCain?)
Arizona 'tea parties' won't endorse Hayworth for Senate

Then, of course, many local groups were taken over various palins and bachmanns, and now "tea party" is a dirty word among the lightly informed...

Last edited:
Why they think they are voting for him, and why you think they are voting for him is irrelevant. What is a fact is that he is a manipulative demagogue opportunist who's taking advantage of the ignorance and hatred of the average republican voter. I don't expect you to realize you're being manipulated. Manipulation wouldn't work very well if the average person could recognize it easily.

What do you think is Trump's hidden agenda if you think he is purposely manipulating people to vote for him? Don't all candidates want to manipulate voters to vote for them, including Hillary? Do you think he is just a bigoted hater who wants to run the country on those principles? If so, you are just as much of a hater as you think he is. Ditto all the protesters at his rallies. Do you think he's a super rich guy who wants to pocket more for himself and his rich buddies? I'm not a Trump supporter so he isn't manipulating me at all but I would suggest that you are just as much blind as you think Trump's supporters are. You only think with a partisan brain who only sees things one way - your way. Like I said, I'm not a Trump supporter but I believe his true agenda is to make America great again. Whether he can actually do that or not is another debate.

Back
Top Bottom