• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Reilly ticks off View hosts Behar and Goldberg

GWAAHAHAHAHAA!!!! ZYPHLIN SMASH!

Why why why why why why WHY do people continue with this idiocy. Do people not think to do an OUNCE of actual research at all?

Lets go over this again folks and show why the McVeigh comparison is idiotic to bring up

It is not hard or difficult in the least to show that the reason the 9/11 attacks did what they did, how they did it, and to whom they did it to was tied either directly to their religion or tied to political beliefs that are held in part due to their religious ones. It is absolutely neigh-impossible to connect McVeighs attack directly to him being a fervent christian or to political views based on him being a fervent christian...in large part because he was far closer to an athiest than a christian let alone and EXTREMIST christian.

Does that make those that attempt to portray all muslims as extremists right? Absolutely not. But people being ignorant of history and facts surrounding an event and a person and attempting to use horrible analogies to prove a point is not right either regardless of your intent in using such absurd arguments.

You miss the point that I am trying to make. Yes, the hijackers who killed americans were Muslims but so are thousand of american citizens who truly loves ther country and practice their faith peacefully. Just because the hijackers share the same faith as those who live peacefully doesn't give no one the right to put them all in one basket. It is sad that political pundits and office holders continue to demonize the Muslim faith for ratings and points.

The Christian faith keeps getting black eyes from negative publicity of certain priest and ministers behavior. Also, extreme Christian churches protesting at funerals. People see this and believe that they represent our (Christian) point of view. Thus resulting to a bitter taste in their mouth toward Christianity. resulting to many leaving the church.

This is why I am sympathetic to Muslim, because as a Christian, I know how it feels to be place in the same bucket with extreme members of my faith.

You miss the point that I am trying to make. Yes, the hijackers who killed americans were Muslims but so are thousand of american citizens who truly loves ther country and practice their faith peacefully. Just because the hijackers share the same faith as those who live peacefully doesn't give no one the right to put them all in one basket. It is sad that political pundits and office holders continue to demonize the Muslim faith for ratings and points.

The Christian faith keeps getting black eyes from negative publicity of certain priest and ministers behavior. Also, extreme Christian churches protesting at funerals. People see this and believe that they represent our (Christian) point of view. Thus resulting to a bitter taste in their mouth toward Christianity. resulting to many leaving the church.

This is why I am sympathetic to Muslim, because as a Christian, I know how it feels to be place in the same bucket with extreme members of my faith.

And you have a valid point. Westboro doesn't represent Christians, they aren't the defining voice. Thankfully. Nor would I say pedophile prist represent all Catholics. Nor should they. And Muslims should not all be placed in one box.

Even though they shouldn't stormed off the set, I can understand their frustration with him. He said that Muslim killed Americans on 9/11. That is a very broad statement and no, people are not smart enough to understand that there is a difference between Muslims and extremists. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much hate toward Muslims in this country.

Fact: Muslims did attack us on 9/11. It is not broad. It is not misleading. It is fact. Perhaps further discussion would have allowed Goldberg to have gotten her PC disclaimer out so that the idiots of her audience could identify with her. But she overreacted in perfect PC form and propelled the ignorance.

That is just like saying Christians were responsible for the lynching and other countless murders of blacks.

Fact: Christians did lynch some black folk in the day. It is not broad. It is not misleading. It is fact.

No, hijackers killed Americans because that hate us. If we are going to use this logic, then Timothy McVeigh represent Christianity right?

You use the logic that fits. Desiging another propells ignorance. Timothy McVeigh did not perform his act in the name of God. He was a Christian who performed an act agaqinst our government, but not for his God. The study surrounding this invloilves the differences between a "Practical Terrorist" and an "Apocalyptic Terrorist." Like I stated, use the logic that fits. Not one designed to soothe the reality.

Fact: Muslims did attack us on 9/11. It is not broad. It is not misleading. It is fact. Perhaps further discussion would have allowed Goldberg to have gotten her PC disclaimer out so that the idiots of her audience could identify with her. But she overreacted in perfect PC form and propelled the ignorance.

Fact: Christians did lynch some black folk in the day. It is not broad. It is not misleading. It is fact.

So considering the KKK consider themselves are God fearing Christians. Is it okay to classify all white southern christians as racists???

You know what is tragically funny about sympathizers and deniers? It's not us that labels these terrorists as Islamic. They do this. They have done this for decades. It's they that have identified themselves as Islamic. It's they that have raised God upon their shoulders andmurdered in His name. It's they that wave the Qur'an around before they perform the human sacrifice and behead. They have labeled themselves.

You use the logic that fits. Desiging another propells ignorance. Timothy McVeigh did not perform his act in the name of God. He was a Christian who performed an act agaqinst our government, but not for his God. The study surrounding this invloilves the differences between a "Practical Terrorist" and an "Apocalyptic Terrorist." Like I stated, use the logic that fits. Not one designed to soothe the reality.

Okay let put in another way. Suppose the hijackers were God fearing christians who "struck a blow for Jesus". Would the headlines and politicians say "It was Christians who killed Americans" or would they be saying "It was Extremist who killed Americans"? Please be honest.

So considering the KKK consider themselves are God fearing Christians. Is it okay to classify all white southern christians as racists???

Of course not. But that's not what I stated was it? I simply agreed that Chrisitians have lynched some black folk. If your sensitivities are so weak that you must have disclaimers thrown at you with every sentence than you are producing your own hurdles into this subject. Much like Goldberg who pre-matuurely reacted ignorantly towards O'Reilly. In fact, it's the rest of America that she considers too dumb to understand without the disclaimer.

Last edited:
You know what is tragically funny about sympathizers and deniers? It's not us that labels these terrorists as Islamic. They do this. They have done this for decades. It's they that have identified themselves as Islamic. It's they that have raised God upon their shoulders andmurdered in His name. It's they that wave the Qur'an around before they perform the human sacrifice and behead. They have labeled themselves.

I know what they are saying. But my question is do the other millions of muslim endorse their actions?

Okay let put in another way. Suppose the hijackers were God fearing christians who "struck a blow for Jesus". Would the headlines and politicians say "It was Christians who killed Americans" or would they be saying "It was Extremist who killed Americans"? Please be honest.

Well, this would be a headline. Something thought out and perfectly worded for print. It is very different. What we are talking about is a voiced comment in a conversation. "Christian Abortion Clinic Sniper" is absolutely what people would state. The intent is not to paint all of Christiandom as snipers. But to identify the protaganist. Overzealous sensitivities are not condusive to a conversation if the speaker must constantly disclaimer every word for PC perfection.

By the way, I was raised Christian. I am not offended at all by "Christian Sniper."

Last edited:
I know what they are saying. But my question is do the other millions of muslim endorse their actions?

Absolutely not. But almost a decade later does the conversation have to still come with a constant discalimer?

By the way, while the vast majority do not condone their behaviors, there is a substantial amount who sympathize with their ideals and deeds. The enemy is not just an old man in a cave or a young man with a suicide vest. Islamic Radicalism is the sea from which the extremist finds moral and technical support and much of it has been based on religious rhetoric.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. But almost a decade later does the conversation have to still come with a coonstant discalimers?

By the way, while the vast majority do not coondone their behaviors, there is a substantial amount who sympathize with their ideals. The enemy is not just an old man in a cave or a young man with a suicide vest. Islamic Radicalism is the sea from which the extremist finds moral and technical support.

I don't think we honestly going to agree.

Even though I don't agree with you, you are still a hero to me for defending this great country of ours. God bless you man.

I don't think we honestly going to agree.

Even though I don't agree with you, you are still a hero to me for defending this great country of ours. God bless you man.

Thank you. But what part are you disagreeing with? The first or second? Because the second is what we are up against.

Last edited:
And you have a valid point. Westboro doesn't represent Christians, they aren't the defining voice. Thankfully. Nor would I say pedophile prist represent all Catholics. Nor should they. And Muslims should not all be placed in one box.

But they weren't placed in one box. I would state that almost a decade after the fact, 99.9 percent of everybody understands that extremists attacked us and not a unified Muslim nation of 2 billion. Goldberg's reaction was about 7 years too late. It was grandstanding and immature.

Last edited:
You miss the point that I am trying to make.

Perhaps then you should make your point with an actual legitimate analogy so that your point can be more easily focused on rather than your horrible analogy

And yet would it be incorrect to say "Christians were boycotting that soldiers death"? when describing Westboro boycotting a funeral? Or saying "Catholics were molesting young boys" be incorrect when talking about the Catholic priests that molested little boys?

Things get complicated when a government governs *by* their religion.

Just like in the Middle Ages in Europe when *the governing body* was *The Holy Roman Empire* - it's hard, then, to separate out "religious issues" from the "political" issues.

seems they didn't like his view on the ground zero mosque so Behar and fart bag Goldberg storm off the stage. BUT they came back. oh the luv................"view" the comedy show

story

far as im concerned Behar can walk into a high voltage electric fence. good riddence !!!!
and Goldberg was named after the whoppi cushion. the classic fart bag.

Am I the only person who thinks callousness and degradation towards people we disagree with, is one of the big problems in America? Whatever happened to respectfully disagreeing?

Perhaps then you should make your point with an actual legitimate analogy so that your point can be more easily focused on rather than your horrible analogy

Well if you read past the paraphrase portion of my post you would see that I was explaining my point.

No, hijackers killed Americans because that hate us. If we are going to use this logic, then Timothy McVeigh represent Christianity right?

Difference: McVeigh wasn't killing in the name of Christianity. (Wasn't he an atheist?)

The hijackers hated us because of their religion. If we were Muslim, they wouldn't hate us.

Difference: McVeigh wasn't killing in the name of Christianity. (Wasn't he an atheist?)

The hijackers hated us because of their religion. If we were Muslim, they wouldn't hate us.

So you think all Muslims hate you? And they don't hate or kill each other?

Actually, considering that they have slaughtered far more Muslims than "Christians" since their creation, they aren't really defending anything but their idea of Islam. Bashir slaughtered non-Arab Muslims and Chrisitians while Bin Ladden's crew were guests. Shia Muslims were targetted far more than U.S. troops. Far more Jordanians (mostly Palestinian base) were murdered than Americans by Zawahiri. And Afghani villages find themselves constantly under Tali-Ban abuse and Al-Queda discipline for straying towards "NATO" offenses.

Our enemies know that their way of Islam cannot survive in an environment where people have the choice to design their own destinies. This is why they fought so hard to recruit fighters for Iraq andwhy they cling to their last breaths in Afghanistan. Al-Queda and the Tali-Ban ghosts is the last stand for radical Islam in a world where Islamic modernists are gaining ground.

Last edited:
So you think all Muslims hate you?

Good Lord, what a giant leap. Of course not. Some of the parents of my students are Muslim and very good people.

And they don't hate or kill each other?

Yes, I know they hate and kill each other. If we agreed with their version of Islam, they wouldn't hate us.

Actually, considering that they have slaughtered far more Muslims than "Christians" since their creation, they aren't really defending anything but their idea of Islam. Bashir slaughtered non-Arab Muslims and Chrisitians while Bin Ladden's crew were guests. And Shia Muslims were targetted far more than U.S. troops.

Our enemies know that their way of Islam cannot survive in an environment where people have the choice to design their own destinies. This is why they fought so hard to recruit fighters for Iraq andwhy they cling to their last breaths in Afghanistan. Al-Queda and the Tali-Ban ghosts is the last stand for radical Islam in a world where Islamic modernists are gaining ground.

O'Reilly knows 9/11 families.. I know people from Saudi Arabia. Bin Laden recruits people from that country on purpose. He is angry at the Saudi Royal family for being friends of the West, and he is angry at the west. Saudi Arabians think Bin Laden wants to send America the message that Saudi oil is corrupted by Muslim terrorists, so the West stops supporting them. If he could kill the Saudi Royals and take their place as the nation's leaders, he would do so.

Good Lord, what a giant leap. Of course not. Some of the parents of my students are Muslim and very good people.

Yes, I know they hate and kill each other. If we agreed with their version of Islam, they wouldn't hate us.

Are you a teacher Mellie? You seem really young, I wouldn't have guessed that.. no offense.

But you did say.. "If we were Muslim, they wouldn't hate us," before you said "if we agreed with their version of Islam, they wouldn't hate us."

So are you taking that statement back, misspoke, or something else?

Back
Top Bottom