• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Reilly ticks off View hosts Behar and Goldberg

O'Reilly knows 9/11 families.. I know people from Saudi Arabia. Bin Laden recruits people from that country on purpose. He is angry at the Saudi Royal family for being friends of the West, and he is angry at the west. Saudi Arabians think Bin Laden wants to send America the message that Saudi oil is corrupted by Muslim terrorists, so the West stops supporting them. If he could kill the Saudi Royals and take their place as the nation's leaders, he would do so.

Yes he would. And he would impose his ideas of Islam upon the masses. He would be just as oppressive and even far more abusive than the House of Saud. For the Sunni he would be the Khomeini answer to their "Shah."

Last edited:
No, hijackers killed Americans because that hate us. If we are going to use this logic, then Timothy McVeigh represent Christianity right?

You need help! Be patriotic for a change, no wonder we are losing this war, people like you are on their side. I recommend that you move to Afghanistan or Iraq and become a citizen there since you feel so strongly about Muslims. Are you a Muslim??

Last edited:
Are you a teacher Mellie? You seem really young, I wouldn't have guessed that.. no offense.

But you did say.. "If we were Muslim, they wouldn't hate us," before you said "if we agreed with their version of Islam, they wouldn't hate us."

So are you taking that statement back, misspoke, or something else?

I clarified the statement because you didn't understand it. And my profession and age has nothing to do with anything.

this is a muslim problem. he said if they come over to our side the terrorists are doomed. I agree. it is they're problem but they prefer to hate instead of help. they hate us and the whole world. no guts or courage to stand up and fight.

and the retarded liberals here are on they're side. they agree with them. we get everything we deserve. including they're future generations.

liberals are the true American terrorists.

I clarified the statement because you didn't understand it. And my profession and age has nothing to do with anything.

Your profession or age doesn't have to do with anything... but I thought you were too young to be a professional because of things you said in another thread, that's all.. not a big deal

Last edited:
this is a muslim problem. he said if they come over to our side the terrorists are doomed. I agree. it is they're problem but they prefer to hate instead of help. they hate us and the whole world. no guts or courage to stand up and fight.

and the retarded liberals here are on they're side. they agree with them. we get everything we deserve. including they're future generations.

liberals are the true American terrorists.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Who are they?

Blaming liberals.. calling them terrorists. You seriously need to learn to be less partisan. You know.. facts aren't partisan. I am not a liberal or conservative, and I think you are seriously impairing you're own ability to understand issues and the world for that matter

I am starting to think this entire ground zero mosque debate is stupid. WTF does O Reilly want done, them to not build?

They have the right to build. Everybody acknowledges that.

O Reilly has a right to free speech and protest... everybody acknowledges that.

Is O Reilly and other non mosque supporters arguing that we should all be against building this mosque. If so, that is ignorant and beyond stupid. The entire debate is a farce and defies common sense.

Go ahead and protest it being built, they still have a right to build it. And they say they are planning to go through with it. Once it is built, we a have a civil duty to respect their rights and to not destroy their property. It's as simple and as easy as that. Common sense, right?

If you don't understand that, then you deserve to be hit on the head with a tack hammer, because you are a moron.

And as far as Muslim people claiming they want to reach out to the community... What is wrong with that?

How does O Reilly personally feel about reaching out to them, and to the Muslim community? Is that too scary.. is that too politically disastrous?

I think Obama is afraid to reach out to the Muslim community.. because of all the fear tactics being spread that he is a secret Muslim. If he did it, people at Fox news would jump on him.

I don't think people in our political system or news networks have any balls or real leadership.

What do you think?

I am starting to think this entire ground zero mosque debate is stupid. WTF does O Reilly want done, them to not build?

Building the Ground Zero mosque has a lot in common with burning the Koran, drawing cartoons of Mohammed, or burning the flag: The action is constitutionally protected, perfectly legal, in terribly bad taste, and extremely offensive to a lot of people. That it may be legally permissible does not make it morally right or immune to popular response.

No, hijackers killed Americans because that hate us. If we are going to use this logic, then Timothy McVeigh represent Christianity right?

no, for two reasons:

1. mcveigh wasn't part of a religious movement dedicated to attacking others in the name of God
2. mcveigh was an athiest

O Reilly has a right to free speech and protest... everybody acknowledges that.

correct. the arument isn't that they shouldn't be allowed to build, it's tht they should choose no to. jut as that fool preacher in florida has the rightto burn korans, but lots of people think he shouldn't.

One of them (Behar) I think did bring up Timothy McVeigh).. I wish people would stop doing that. 1) He wasn't a Christian 2) He did not kill in the name of a religion. He killed because he was upset about what happened at Waco. He was a lone nut. Nothing like what happened on 9/11.

You miss the point that I am trying to make. Yes, the hijackers who killed americans were Muslims but so are thousand of american citizens who truly loves ther country and practice their faith peacefully. Just because the hijackers share the same faith as those who live peacefully doesn't give no one the right to put them all in one basket. It is sad that political pundits and office holders continue to demonize the Muslim faith for ratings and points.

The Christian faith keeps getting black eyes from negative publicity of certain priest and ministers behavior. Also, extreme Christian churches protesting at funerals. People see this and believe that they represent our (Christian) point of view. Thus resulting to a bitter taste in their mouth toward Christianity. resulting to many leaving the church.

This is why I am sympathetic to Muslim, because as a Christian, I know how it feels to be place in the same bucket with extreme members of my faith.

When talking about them, how do you define Catholic Priests who have molested children? Just curious because I don't know what is politically correct.

Building the Ground Zero mosque has a lot in common with burning the Koran, drawing cartoons of Mohammed, or burning the flag: The action is constitutionally protected, perfectly legal, in terribly bad taste, and extremely offensive to a lot of people. That it may be legally permissible does not make it morally right or immune to popular response.

It has nothing in common with burning the Koran or drawing Muhammad.. those things inflamed the extremists and terrorist attacks were being threatened as a result. The Koran burning was even considered a security issue by the pentagon.

Let's be honest about the issue.. What is so offensive, the religion that is going to be practiced two blocks away from ground zero, right? And why is practicing that religion so offensive?

correct. the arument isn't that they shouldn't be allowed to build, it's tht they should choose no to. jut as that fool preacher in florida has the rightto burn korans, but lots of people think he shouldn't.

And if he does build it, it's within his rights... Nobody's rights are being disrespected, nobody is being told to shut up. Preach on all you want. It looks like it's going to get built, and when it does.. you have to respect the rights of the Imam.

Does everybody agree is property should be respected once it's built?

One of them (Behar) I think did bring up Timothy McVeigh).. I wish people would stop doing that. 1) He wasn't a Christian 2) He did not kill in the name of a religion. He killed because he was upset about what happened at Waco. He was a lone nut. Nothing like what happened on 9/11.

So you're holding an entire religion responsible for 9/11..

He was right to point out that "Muslims" did it. The question was phrased in a less personal way. Consider the fact that indeed, it could quite simply be seen as "They did this to us, and they want to put a community center here." It's a gut reaction that he is clearly addressing, regardless of whether or not he agreed with a blanket use of an entire religion. To whatever small degree, this issue is emotional, and it would not be so discernible to separate the entire religion from it.

Now, I know Bill doesn't believe that the religion is at fault and that it is extremists who did it. Nevertheless, he was asked a question that was far from expecting a polite answer of careful consideration.

And if he does build it, it's within his rights...

that's correct; however, having the right to do something does not mean that one is Right to do it. i have the "right" to commit adultery. that doesn't make it morally acceptable or something that my fellow members of society should do anything but discourage me from.

which is O'Reilly's stance (and that of the vast majority of Americans); we don't think it is respectful to build this "victory mosque".

So you're holding an entire religion responsible for 9/11..

can we please dipense with this strawman?

catholics and protestants have been fighting in Ireland for centuries.

"what, you think all catholics and all protestants have been murdering each other? do you blame catholicism and protestantism for the violence in ireland?!?!?!"

no, fool; it's simply an accurate shorthand to describe the situation. properly speaking, according to this logic, you can't even say that "islamist extremists" attacked us on 9/11; because not all islamist extremists are violent, you can't even say that "al-qaeda attacked us on 9/11" because not every member of that organization (or its' affiliates) were involved.

you are playing semantics in order to be politically correct.

It has nothing in common with burning the Koran or drawing Muhammad.. those things inflamed the extremists and terrorist attacks were being threatened as a result. The Koran burning was even considered a security issue by the pentagon.
The actions I cited have the points I listed in common, in spite of your denial. The big difference is in the response of the two sides of the issue: On the one side, civil debate; on the other side, uncontrolled rioting and random violence that betrays their subhuman savagery.

Building the Ground Zero mosque (and calling it Cordoba House to boot!) and trying to sell it as a community outreach project is akin to the crazy preacher in Florida beginning a dialogue with the worldwide Muslim community by burning a bunch of Korans. You don't start a constructive dialog with anyone by slapping them in the face.

Why do you feel it is unreasonable for us to expect common courtesy and civilized behavior from Muslims?

I think we ALL know that it wasn't ALL Muslims that killed Americans on 9/11. We ALL know it was extremists. Whoopi and Joy just wanted to create a scene. Barbara Walters was right.

Except that the behavior of those extremists is being used as an argument to resist the Park51 project, and I have yet to see any proof whatsoever that similar extremists are involved with Park51.

You can't make that argument without either pointing to the extremists involved in Park51 or essentially blaming all Muslims for 9/11.

Let's be honest about the issue.. What is so offensive, the religion that is going to be practiced two blocks away from ground zero, right? And why is practicing that religion so offensive?

So, it's all about being tolerant and not inflaming the intolerant.
Practicing that religion is not offensive. Building a Mosque at ground zero when 70% of Americans don't want it at the location, is offensive.
Who are the Islamaphobes when burning a Koran becomes an issue for national security. Or a cartoon is not published for fear of offending someone who might cut our heads off? Who are the Islamaphobes who now insist we must build the Mosque there because if we don't the terrorists may do something?
Yet the protesters against the mosque are the ones being called Islamophobes. Makes no sense.

There are only two ways you can argue against Park51:
  • Associate 9/11 with Muslims everywhere
  • Tie the people behind Park51 to the kind of extremists that perpetrated 9/11
I've seen no evidence addressing the second way.

That leaves only the first.

Islamophobia.

Back
Top Bottom