• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OH good GOD Football is here!

This is what you get for talkin' **** about the Gators. You better get the ball and score. Florida would run it up the middle for all the time. We'll see what you Georgia folk do.

This is what you get for talkin' **** about the Gators. You better get the ball and score. Florida would run it up the middle for all the time. We'll see what you Georgia folk do.

Well if we had any sense, we'd fire the play caller Mike Bobo. I'm sitting here on the couch predicting pretty much every play. And if I'm doing that, Clemson sure as hell is.

Damn, I honestly hope Georgia doesn't lose.

It is certainly not over but on the upset thread I mentioned that short favorites on the road have trouble and bit on Clemson. And, GA could still lose once since they are in the SEC and still play in the title BS game. Clemson cannot lose lose.
Just looked it up. Dawgs by 2.

Damn, I honestly hope Georgia doesn't lose.

Yeah this game is looking over. the lack of D can't stop the clock and the lack of decent play calling on the O can't move the ball.

Yeah this game is looking over. the lack of D can't stop the clock and the lack of decent play calling on the O can't move the ball.

Too bad, but Georgia will still be ranked.

Too bad, but Georgia will still be ranked.

Par for the course. Aaron Murray I think will now be 1-6 vs top ranked teams. UGA is a choke master team the past several years vs ranked teams.

Last edited:
So UGA loses by a field goal because they themselves had a bad snap on a 15 yard field goal and ****ed it up. No one beats Georgia quite like Georgia does.

Even though they're in the ACC, Clemson still plays a better SEC schedule with South Carolina and Georgia than Alabama does, which plays neither. GA and LSU have real schedules. Alabama, not so much. Listen to Brent saying GA can make the title BS game, as I predicted they would. Overrated SEC

A lot of good cross-conference games in the SEC. Will point spreads go into the three sets of rankings? FL doesn't cover at home, TX AM either, MS St doesn't cover in a loss at OK ST, Auburn doesn't cover at home, favored KY loses on the road, same with GA, TN doesn't cover at home

So UGA loses by a field goal because they themselves had a bad snap on a 15 yard field goal and ****ed it up. No one beats Georgia quite like Georgia does.

Sorry, Rob.

A lot of good cross-conference games in the SEC. Will point spreads go into the three sets of rankings? FL doesn't cover at home, TX AM either, MS St doesn't cover in a loss at OK ST, Auburn doesn't cover at home, favored KY loses on the road, same with GA, TN doesn't cover at home

I think the SEC is still the powerhouse but with what you are pointing out and the fact (of what I pointed out earlier) of three FCS teams beating three FBS teams seems to mean that it's all tightening up more instead of a couple conferences running away with it all. All we need now is a real playoff system so teams have a chance to prove their mettle rather than some old codgers sitting in a room and selecting who plays whom in a bowl game.

Last edited:
Sorry, Rob.

Thanks nota. I'm all cried out already. It hurts but my favorite college team is actually Division II. Valdosta State... who won the national championship last year and are ranked #1 to start this season. It really hurts when they lose. lol

Their first game is next week.

Well, you've watched football long enough to know that it often takes a couple of games for a team to straighten out the kinks.

NDSU and their punishing running attack were the real deal at KSU last night. I believe the same case I made on the SEC can be made against the other FOUR power conferences this year as of this week. However, the SEC will have the advantage of pre-season rankings affecting the computer rankings all year, giving GA, SC, AL, LSU, TX-AM and FL a shot at the NCAA/SEC/BCS title game with one loss.
I think the SEC is still the powerhouse but with what you are pointing out and the fact (of what I pointed out earlier) of three FCS teams beating three FBS teams seems to mean that it's all tightening up more instead of a couple conferences running away with it all. All we need now is a real playoff system so teams have a chance to prove their mettle rather than some old codgers selecting who plays whom in a bowl game.

Well, you've watched football long enough to know that it often takes a couple of games for a team to straighten out the kinks.

Yeah... that's why I'm pissed we didn't take the Florida Gator route and lined up Girl Scout Troop 101 as our first game instead of a top 10 team right off the bat. Get the confidence of a first win and iron out the weird kinks and new freshmen insecurities.

NDSU and their punishing running attack were the real deal at KSU last night. I believe the same case I made on the SEC can be made against the other FOUR power conferences this year as of this week. However, the SEC will have the advantage of pre-season rankings affecting the computer rankings all year, giving GA, SC, AL, LSU, TX-AM and FL a shot at the NCAA/SEC/BCS title game with one loss.

I really think Texas A&M is in for a rough season. Today's display kind of exposed that they didn't improve on D this year meaning that they will almost 100% have to rely on out offensing the competition and then pray Johnny Football doesn't take a punishing hit on one of his many scrambles per game.

Last edited:
Right, PR. Georgia lost the game more than Clemson won it. Largely they lost on fundamentals and most of that was the experienced highly touted offense. Georgia cant coach up for big games. Delay of game, 12 men on the field, fumbles, bad snap, personal fouls - by the "star" offense. Yo mama. Bloody hell, wait till we play SC next week.

For a young largely freshman defense i think they played pretty well. They seem to have done fairly well on fundamentals, something the UGA offense has been able to do in years.

Same old Georgia, always the bridesmaid.

Except for FLORIDA, where the entire student body is forever kinky. ;)

Thanks nota. I'm all cried out already. It hurts but my favorite college team is actually Division II. Valdosta State... who won the national championship last year and are ranked #1 to start this season. It really hurts when they lose. lol

Their first game is next week.

Dont knock Valdosta State or Georgia Southern, two great schools with long winning traditions.

Dont knock Valdosta State or Georgia Southern, two great schools with long winning traditions.

VSU should be Division I but the Athletic Director in convinced that being a big fish in a small pond is what's best. Which is why they cannot sell tickets to the games of national champs.

Look at this national championship record:

vsunationalchamps.jpg

Basketball is highly competitive too. They were on their way to a national championship a couple years ago until the night before the semi-finals when the top two players were busted smoking pot and were thrown out for the rest of that year.

VSU has a student population as big as Division I campuses. All they need is to add two more sports to qualify for being Division I school. We've outgrown Division II and the AD needs to realize this.

The AD has been their since 1992 so I'm hoping he's ready to retire soon.

Last edited:

When VSU first got their football team in the early 80's, their rivals were Georgia Southern and Troy State (now called just Troy and they are in Division IA)

The Big10 was also underwhelming and overhyped. Of the 12 games, 9 were at home. Nebraska barely won by 3 at home favored by 31. 6 out of 11 didn't cover and favored IA lost at home. Meanwhile, favored NW is losing at CAL.
I really think Texas A&M is in for a rough season. Today's display kind of exposed that they didn't improve on D this year meaning that they will almost 100% have to rely on out offensing the competition and then pray Johnny Football doesn't take a punishing hit on one of his many scrambles per game.

Back
Top Bottom