• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama secure captured GI...GOP unhappy!

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What does it take for the right wing to show a slither of patriotism?
They lined up behind Vldimir Putin on several occasions.
Instead of blaming Boko Haram for capturing girls they somehow find it necessary to blame Obama
I have never seen a more unhappy bunch than the GOP when Bin Ladin was killed.

...And now they are pissed off because one of our own is coming home!

GOP lawmakers:

It's so sad that the right wing have doubled down on the obvious strategy to never agree with Obama ...to never allow the country to unite on anything ...even for a few days. And they do this thinking people don't understand...as if nobody sees the obvious.

They have no plans ...no ideas for the country ..all they want is power to better serve the 1%!

And so their only game is divisiveness in the hope that Obama is somehow blamed.

Take a look at the threads on this board and it tells the story ....even school-lunch and healthy eating for babies is a source of contention....talk about a depressing and bankrupt opposition! Not a ray of light ...no sense of happiness on the right ...just bitter...bitter people constantly complaining. :(

Instead of blaming Boko Haram for capturing girls they somehow find it necessary to blame Obama

GOP lawmakers:

It's so sad that the right wing have doubled down on the obvious strategy to never agree with Obama ...to never allow the country to unite on anything ...even for a few days. And they do this thinking people don't understand...as if nobody sees the obvious.

They have no plans ...no ideas for the country ..all they want is power to better serve the 1%!

And so their only game is divisiveness in the hope that Obama is somehow blamed.

Take a look at the threads on this board and it tells the story ....even school-lunch and healthy eating for babies is a source of contention....talk about a depressing and bankrupt opposition! Not a ray of light ...no sense of happiness on the right ...just bitter...bitter people constantly complaining. :(

Capitulating to terrorist, making our troops more a target for capture, breaking the law to do it...

Releasing 5 high value islamic terrorist...

These are all bad things. No one is upset we brought our man home, we're not happy with how and the dangers the way it was done presents. This isn't the movies, and there are real consequences.

Capitulating to terrorist, making our troops more a target for capture, breaking the law to do it...

Releasing 5 high value islamic terrorist...

These are all bad things. No one is upset we brought our man home, we're not happy with how and the dangers the way it was done presents. This isn't the movies, and there are real consequences.
If they were really such high value targets then why weren't the charged and then imprisoned/executed? Instead they faced indefinite detention. And by the way, indefinite detention is something that you should be outraged about.

If they were really such high value targets then why weren't the charged and then imprisoned/executed? Instead they faced indefinite detention. And by the way, indefinite detention is something that you should be outraged about.
If they were they should have been because it's bad and outrage.

Care to simmer that down into something not based on strawmen?

That's an issue that has nothing to do with this prisoner transfer and how and why it was conducted and the probably ramifications.

GOP lawmakers:

Amazing how your username is thinkforyoursel but you can't figure out that it is not a good idea to cave into terrorist demands. Now because of Obama he just encourage the capture of more troops and other Americans.

Last edited:

GOP lawmakers:

Remember when the Right cheered that Obama wasn't able to get the Olympics for America? It seems the Right only knows how to be patriotic when they're the ones in charge.

Remember when the Right cheered that Obama wasn't able to get the Olympics for America? It seems the Right only knows how to be patriotic when they're the ones in charge.

I cheered when Osama was killed. I did the same when those Somali pirates that took that American captain hostage were killed as well. I was also proud of the Obama administration for not turning their back on Israel with the UN. So, y'know, go stuff what you think you know you drone.

White privilege........Its showing.

tumblr_n15rpylVQ91qinrtgo1_1280.png

Last edited:
I cheered when Osama was killed. I did the same when those Somali pirates that took that American captain hostage were killed as well. I was also proud of the Obama administration for not turning their back on Israel with the UN. So, y'know, go stuff what you think you know you drone.

Congratulations! You are the VERY FIRST conservative I have ever heard say words like that concerning the Obama administration! And I say that in complete honesty, no sarcasm, no snide undertones.

I say this because I have challenged conservatives on many occasions to write even one thing complimentary of Obama...and every single time they refused...until you. In case you're wondering, there's a study by the University of Stanford that found pretty much what I did, that conservatives almost to a person refused to write anything complimentary at all about Obama - whereas liberals, while we didn't like the idea of complimenting Dubya, about a third of us was still willing to do so.

And just in case you think I'm being hypocritical, I've posted many times that Reagan was one of our five best presidents ever, I strongly admire Bush 41 to this day, and I even wrote a letter to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (when it was still in print) to compliment Dubya when Iraq held its first election. Of course, this was before I found out he'd lied us into that war...but there it is.

It will be interesting to see if any of the released Taliban become responsible in the future for the death of any Americans. Will the trade of one or more American lives for the life of one American soldier seem like such a bargain then?

The Israelis have been doing this kind of thing for decades.

those in the GOP who are saying this are on the wrong side here.

these 5 people will make no difference.

You are the VERY FIRST conservative I have ever heard say words like that concerning the Obama administration!... this was before I found out he'd lied us into that war...but there it is.

I defended Obama just this morning.

"I haven't been a big fan of this president, but I must rise to his defense regarding your wild accusation. Please prove your assertion that the president ordered Clapper to lie, under oath, to congress?"

Bush didn't lie. Iraq's chemical weapons were eventually found. They are now in Syria. Russia is currently busy hiding them one more time, so we'll see them again soon. Bush made a huge strategic blunder, by helping Iran defeat their enemy - Iraq, but he didn't lie. Please stop false-accusing.

Last edited:

Bush didn't lie. Iraq's chemical weapons were eventually found. They are now in Syria. Russia is currently busy hiding them one more time, so we'll see them again soon. Bush made a huge strategic blunder, by helping Iran defeat their enemy - Iraq, but he didn't lie. Please stop false-accusing.

the previous administration made a specific reference to nuclear weapons as the WMD in question, not chemical weapons. i am refering to the infamous quote by Condoleezza rice on the subject of evidence of iraq's WMD's were she uses the mushroom cloud as an analogy.

"I haven't been a big fan of this president, but I must rise to his defense regarding your wild accusation. Please prove your assertion that the president ordered Clapper to lie, under oath, to congress?"

Bush lied. He was referring to nukes which were never found...nukes that he insisted Iraq was working on even after Valerie Plame's husband pointed out that the Bush administration was flat wrong when they claimed that Iraq was getting yellowcake from South Africa (to which Cheney retaliated by exposing Plame and her entire CIA operation during time of war). Bush himself admitted that WMD's were not found...because he knew what he was referring to, and so does everyone else not stuck inside the right-wing echo chamber.

the previous administration made a specific reference to nuclear weapons as the WMD in question, not chemical weapons.

Powell-anthrax-vial.jpg

At the UN, Colin Powell holds a model vial of anthrax, while arguing that Iraq is likely to possess WMDs.
Date 5 February 2003
Source Made from video from this link: Briefing Room | The White House. Transferred from en.wikipedia
Author United States Government
Permission: PD-USGOV-POTUS.

A "weapon of mass destruction" (WMD) is a nuclear, radiological, biological, chemical or other weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans

(to which Cheney retaliated by exposing Plame and her entire CIA operation during time of war). Bush himself admitted that WMD's were not found

Richard Armitage revealed Valerie Plame's identity. Armitage was Colin Powell's Deputy Secretary of State. Both Powell and Armitage violated Bush's order to reveal the leak and both let Cheney's Chief of Staff (Libby) go to jail for it. Cowardice and betrayal.

It's unbelievable that readers of this political website wouldn't know these basic facts. The general public, yes. Because, the news media trumped up the charges and accused Cheney on a regular basis. When Armitage (Powell) turned out to be the culprits, the media covered it up like a cat in a sandbox. DebatePolitics readers should be better informed than the general public, though.

Last edited:
those in the GOP who are saying this are on the wrong side here.

these 5 people will make no difference.

So you have no problem with Americans getting kidnapped in hopes of a ransom being paid or terrorists being released?

Well folks ..out they come with all sort of reason why an American captive should suck it up ...man up ...and....stay with his captures.

Does this remind you of the last administration?

bush hawks.jpg

Like I said ...they have never left ...just waiting in the wings for another run at wasting someone else life for their sick pleasure.

definition chicken hawk.jpg

Well folks ..out they come with all sort of reason why an American captive should suck it up ...man up ...and....stay with his captures.

You do not think there is a good reason why you shouldn't pay ransoms?

Does this remind you of the last administration?

View attachment 67167426

Like I said ...they have never left ...just waiting in the wings for another run at wasting someone else life for their sick pleasure.

View attachment 67167427

So thinking you should pay ransoms to terrorists is equal to lib-tard conspiracy loons who scream this war is for oil, lib-tard conspiracy loons that claim Bush went AWOL, or some attempt to smear those who think war is sometimes a viable option? Der dee Der dis war is fu OI-Yal.

Richard Armitage revealed Valerie Plame's identity. Armitage was Colin Powell's Deputy Secretary of State. Both Powell and Armitage violated Bush's order to reveal the leak and both let Cheney's Chief of Staff (Libby) go to jail for it. Cowardice and betrayal.

It's unbelievable that readers of this political website wouldn't know these basic facts. The general public, yes. Because, the news media trumped up the charges and accused Cheney on a regular basis. When Armitage (Powell) turned out to be the culprits, the media covered it up like a cat in a sandbox. DebatePolitics readers should be better informed than the general public, though.

You should have dug deeper...and you should learn to apply as much cynicism to the Right as you do to the Left:

After the trial ended, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) attempted to have the transcript of Cheney's interview with the special prosecutor released. The release was opposed by the Bush administration. In July 2009, the Department of Justice filed a motion with United States District Court for the District of Columbia stating that the position of the Obama administration was that the transcript should not be released. In the motion, the DOJ states:

"Therefore, if law enforcement interviews of the President, Vice President or other senior White House officials become subject to routine public disclosure, even upon the conclusion of an investigation, there is an increased likelihood that such officials could feel reluctant to participate in voluntary interviews or, if they agree to such voluntary interviews, could decline to answer questions on certain topics."

In October 2009, the courts ruled in CREW's favor and the US Justice Department was required to release a transcript of Cheney's testimony to the FBI regarding the Plame affair. According to Cheney’s testimony, Cheney could not recall information 72 times. This included that Cheney could not remember discussing Valerie Plame with Scooter Libby, although Mr. Libby testified that he remembered discussing Valerie Plame with Cheney on two occasions. Cheney had considerable disdain for the CIA, as he spoke of the incompetence of the organization, and three times said “amateur hour” in reference to CIA actions. Some observers say that Cheney’s faulty memory was his method to avoid telling the truth, and to avoid potential prosecution. In closing arguments at Libby's trial, special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald said “a cloud over the vice president, persisted.”

Cheney's words and actions stink like last week's fish. There's much more to the story, and if you think it began and ended with Armitage and Libby, you're more naive about Washington politics than you ever dreamt.

GOP lawmakers:

I was about to start a thread on this when I found this one.

We have set a dangerous precedent. I agree with the GOP. Every American in strife-filled countries is in more danger this morning than they were before this debacle. We cannot let our foreign policy be dictated by kidnappers.

I guarantee we knew where he was . . . this was not the way.

Back
Top Bottom