• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: 38 Rounds of Golf

Glad to know you were such a supporter of Democrats complaining about how the president said "nuclear" or that he spent so much time clearing brush on the ranch ockham. I guess your whole "equal oppertunity" theory explains your birther tendencies as well...were you clapping along with those asking "questions" about the towers?

See, no...the world doesn't work that way for most mature adults. The notion of two wrongs making a right is not something commonly held. And if something is wrong, then its wrong, regardless of whether you had it done to you or not. Your attacks on hypocrisy is laughable in and of their own full out hypocrisy due to your one sided condemnation of democrats thinking this is a none issue but not lambasting republicans for treating this singular incident as a big issue.

The time spent is negligible. The money spent is relatively negligible as well. The timing, while not great, is rather inconsequential when compared to many other presidential doings. Additionally one must absolutely take into account the different world we live in where this kind of stuff is tracked and comes out to fill the 24/7 news cycle that those channels and the internet have created where as even 15 years ago it was an entirely different world. Are we to expect a President to be working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, from now till the end of their term? Such expectations were not levied on any President to my knowledge, ever, and doing so with Obama is ridiculous.

Make sure to inform your boss of your sound logic and go hit the links. Let us know how that works out. :roll:

There's "reasonable" time and then there's "unreasonable" time "playing". This borders on "unreasonable" given the amount of problems domestically and internationally. If all things were hunky-dory, I don't think so much golf would be viewed as a problem.

There is a big difference between my job and the office of POTUS. I don't need to inform my boss that I'm going to go play golf on company time as I have plenty of time to do that on my time off. It is however quite understandable that Obama would spend some of his time (and very little, proportionally) doing what it is he enjoys doing. I didn't have a problem with it when Bush went to the ranch and I don't care now. There are far bigger things to worry about than what the president does in the very little amount of leisure time that he has. There are always going to be a large amount of domestic and international problems, but i think the only thing "unreasonable" here is your complete inability to think outside your partisan box.

Make sure to inform your boss of your sound logic and go hit the links. Let us know how that works out. :roll:

So you're suggestion is seriously that the President is technically working at all hours of the day, every day, for at least 4 years?

Should we fire him for sleeping on the job as well then?

OMG! President Reagan went to sleep on the job daily for 8 years. We should've impeached him!

Glad to know you were such a supporter of Democrats complaining about how the president said "nuclear" or that he spent so much time clearing brush on the ranch ockham. I guess your whole "equal oppertunity" theory explains your birther tendencies as well...were you clapping along with those asking "questions" about the towers?

In previous posts I had no problem with Obama nor Bush's nor Clinton's vacations - were you to review those posts I explained that a President on vacation is never really on "vacation" as they get daily briefs and must do a minimal amount of administrative work no matter what. You're attempt at a personal attack claiming my "tendencies" while amusing is off topic. My views on 9/11 are clear - Islamic militants connected with Al Qaeda perpetrated a terrorist attack on the United States. I don't think I've ever clapped at anything regarding the WTC and 3,000 deaths. To suggest that I may have is insulting - which was your intent.

See, no...the world doesn't work that way for most mature adults. The notion of two wrongs making a right is not something commonly held. And if something is wrong, then its wrong, regardless of whether you had it done to you or not. Your attacks on hypocrisy is laughable in and of their own full out hypocrisy due to your one sided condemnation of democrats thinking this is a none issue but not lambasting republicans for treating this singular incident as a big issue.
You're calling out my condemnation of hypocrisy being hypoctical itself is interesting. Since you're not the expert on "me" and refuse to discuss the actual topic - let's discuss me for a moment.

If a Republican, Democrat, Communist etc... does something wrong, I'll tell you. You're correct - wrong is wrong not matter the letter next to the name. That you personally require, in some politically correct move, me, to personally condemn everyone when I criticize is not going to happen. Meeting your critera of posting or level of hypocrisy is banal and of no interest to me. I'm not here to live up to your or anyone elses expectations. As far as you lecturing me on life - I'll let that pass as naivety on your part. You don't know me, you don't know what I've seen, done, or experienced so don't further insult me by thinking you do by applying Psych 101 class to an internet poster you've never met.

The time spent is negligible. The money spent is relatively negligible as well.
Too vague. What's your definition of neglibile and once you've defined it, how do you know such things will fit into that definition? The answer is you can't and your generalizing - I may agree with your definition and I may not, but until you've defined it, I won't agree to generalities.

The timing, while not great, is rather inconsequential when compared to many other presidential doings. Additionally one must absolutely take into account the different world we live in where this kind of stuff is tracked and comes out to fill the 24/7 news cycle that those channels and the internet have created where as even 15 years ago it was an entirely different world. Are we to expect a President to be working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, from now till the end of their term? Such expectations were not levied on any President to my knowledge, ever, and doing so with Obama is ridiculous.
Excellent points - however I'd say the President already works and is on the clock all the time and on-call 24x7. The 24x7 news cycle is not that new but it does have an effect. What was once dirt that could be swept under the rug without anyone finding it, now sticks with someone forever - or at least, until something comes along that replaces the internet.

My point still stands however ... that given all things equal - Obama sure does have a lot of recreation and given the state of our country fiscally, continuing in 2 wars, and with the worst disaster in our history - he sure does play a lot of golf. I don't think Clinton or Bush Jr. or Sr., would be taking quite so much lesiure time in these same circumstances, but that my opinion based on my biases. I could be wrong.

My point still stands however ... that given all things equal - Obama sure does have a lot of recreation and given the state of our country fiscally, continuing in 2 wars, and with the worst disaster in our history - he sure does play a lot of golf. I don't think Clinton or Bush Jr. or Sr., would be taking quite so much lesiure time in these same circumstances, but that my opinion based on my biases. I could be wrong.

I still just can't understand how 38 rounds of golf in a year and a half is considered to be "a lot of golf." As I've pointed out its taken just over 1% of his time in office, most (if not all) of which has probably been interrupted by some form of executive duty(and yes that is an assumption based on nothing.) I just think it's asking a lot for our president to forego one of the things he clearly enjoys, when he has worked so hard for our country (and I think we can all agree that every president works his ass off, even if you can't agree with a single decision they have made)

In previous posts I had no problem with Obama nor Bush's nor Clinton's vacations - were you to review those posts I explained that a President on vacation is never really on "vacation" as they get daily briefs and must do a minimal amount of administrative work no matter what. You're attempt at a personal attack claiming my "tendencies" while amusing is off topic. My views on 9/11 are clear - Islamic militants connected with Al Qaeda perpetrated a terrorist attack on the United States. I don't think I've ever clapped at anything regarding the WTC and 3,000 deaths. To suggest that I may have is insulting - which was your intent.

None of the above matters based on the standards you put forth in your attacks on Redress's argument. Redress didn't complain about Bush on the ranch, redress didn't complain about "nuclear" or other such stupid things, and yet you've justified your implication in accusing Redress of previously whining about "stupid ****" during Bush's years and that they are saying its not right now but were fine with it before. The only way such implications can be in any way true is using the logic that while redress didn't do it Democrats did so Redress is just as guilty. Using the very logic you have to have used to make your attacking implications then you are guilty for complaining about people complaining about Bush's ranch time, you are guilty of complaining about people complaining about nuclear, and on and on.

You don't get to play it both ways. You don't get to make implications and accusations towards another poster based not on fact but your generalization of everyone on their side and then turn around and when the same is suggested for you claim that somehowy ou're above that and you were different.

You're calling out my condemnation of hypocrisy being hypoctical itself is interesting. Since you're not the expert on "me" and refuse to discuss the actual topic - let's discuss me for a moment.

Yes, I'm calling your condemnation of democrat hypocrisy (especially since in the case you did it there was no hypocrisy present) hypocritical because you're failing to also call out the hypocrisy of the republicans who bitched about how irrelevant and wrong it was for this stuff to be brought up about Bush but now are bringing it up about Obama.

Its hypocritical of you to complain about someone acting hypocritical when you yourself are being hypocritical in who you choose to call out.

If a Republican, Democrat, Communist etc... does something wrong, I'll tell you. You're correct - wrong is wrong not matter the letter next to the name.

And yet in this thread you have republicans condemning Obama for a frivilous things, something they bitched about people doing for the past 8 years, and you've not said a word about them....but you've taken the time to condemn Democrats for their hypocrisy.

Once again, as I said, your words are meaningless when your actions show them to be untrue.

Too vague. What's your definition of neglibile and once you've defined it, how do you know such things will fit into that definition? The answer is you can't and your generalizing - I may agree with your definition and I may not, but until you've defined it, I won't agree to generalities.

Pretty simple. I expect a bit more out of the President than the average person so I expect he's actively working at least 10 to 12 hours a day at least 5 to 6 days a week with a few hours of work on the days left over. I expect him to be "on call" essentially any time outside of that. I expect that he'll have a few small couple day "vacations" where he's essentially just on call throughout every 4 years and a few longer "vacations" that is more simply a change in venue where he works a relatively smaller number of hours but is still on call.

So, in a general sense, that's accounting for about 60 to 80+ hours a week not counting the points in which he's "on call" or potential situations of what would generally be bleed over. So lets go with the high number of 80. With 8 hours of hopeful rest a night that gives roughly 32 hours throughout the week for food and leisure time. Lets give him an average of 3 hours worth of meal time a day. This leaves him with 11 hours of total leisure time.

Reasonable assuming a round of golf is four hours long, and Obama has been in office for 64 weeks, he's averaging about a round of golf every week and a half. To give an indication of how much time that is, if there were two weekly hour long telivision programs that the President routinely likes to watch in his liesure time that would be more time consuming than his rounds of golf. If he likes to set aside time to watch his favorite football team every sunday, that's more time consuming than his rounds of golf. If he works out in the gym/rides his bike/jogs 3 days a week for 45 minutes that's about as time consuming as his rounds of golf.

Negligible for me is defined as a regular amount of leisure time that is miniscule in its total time used compared to his working hours that can be done while still easily being accessible to be on call for anything that would require him.

Excellent points - however I'd say the President already works and is on the clock all the time and on-call 24x7. The 24x7 news cycle is not that new but it does have an effect. What was once dirt that could be swept under the rug without anyone finding it, now sticks with someone forever - or at least, until something comes along that replaces the internet

The 24x7 news cycle is relatively new, primarily born of the past decade with it only minorly touching into portions of the 90's. And I'd agree with you with him being on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. However there is a difference of being "on call" and "actively working".

Not really. Clinton was known to regularly go jogging weekly (well, during the times when he was trying to get back in shape ;) damn hamburgers). Bush Jr. was known for his weekly mountain biking to the point that it was a big story when he invited the local football coach to go riding with him. I think that we've just got so much more access to the Presidency now that these kind of things that would previously be a brush off type thing are becoming more and more part of the news cycle if for no other reason than to make space. I think both sides over the past decade have also just been grasping more and more to make any kind of attack possible at all times. Even beyond that, there could be definite legitiamte arguments to be made in regards to why Bush's speaking was bad or his time on the ranch was bad just as there can be definite legitimiate arguments made why Obama's golfing or time on ESPN is bad. However those arguments are rarely made, they are and were the minority, with people instead just focusing on isolated incidents and making a gigantic deal out of that and over exaggerating it while only attempting to even fathom an over arching and reasonable reason why its bad when pushed hard for one after their non-stop hyper partisan blather.

There would be little issue or annoyance in threads like these if people actually tried to make a reasonable overriding argument outside of "OMG he's playing golf, he's not concentrating on the presidency, we're at war, bad president!"

So you're suggestion is seriously that the President is technically working at all hours of the day, every day, for at least 4 years?

Should something happen, as it was framed in the election - a 2 am call about some emergency occurrs - yes he's on the clock. I don't think sleeping on the job is an impeachable offense, as the publican cannot "fire" him as you quaintly put it.

I remember the likes of ADK and others going on incessantly about Bush taking vacations.... I really don't want to see the right acting the same way.

It's golf, it really is a non issue other than he shouldn't be doing a damn thing but signing that jones act. I don't care if its on the 5th hole.

Should something happen, as it was framed in the election - a 2 am call about some emergency occurrs - yes he's on the clock. I don't think sleeping on the job is an impeachable offense, as the publican cannot "fire" him as you quaintly put it.

On the Clock and actively working are two different things.

Someone can answer a phone call and be ready to respond just as easily while asleep, watching TV, reading a book, watching a sporting event, jogging around DC, mountain biking, playing with their kids, eating dinner, watching a movie, listening to a record, enjoying a friendly chat, watching an Opera, playing basketball, going to church, swimming in a pool, riding a horse, or clearing brushas they can while playing a round of golf.

Shall we be amending the history of any President who ever did any of the above activites to indicate how poor and unfocused of a President they were?

... and yet you've justified your implication in accusing Redress of previously whining about "stupid ****" during Bush's years and that they are saying its not right now but were fine with it before.

I believe I stated:

Ockham said:
After 8 years of whiny Democrats crying about stupid ****, the universe has to balance out. If it was okay then, it should be okay now. What's the problem?

Pardon my "implication" and your rush to Redress defense is nice but my statement stands. You're view of how I meant my 'implication' ... oh I get it. You now have a woody for me. I appreciate the attention.

The only way such implications can be in any way true is using the logic that while redress didn't do it Democrats did so Redress is just as guilty. Using the very logic you have to have used to make your attacking implications then you are guilty for complaining about people complaining about Bush's ranch time, you are guilty of complaining about people complaining about nuclear, and on and on.
Ok. Redress is excluded from my generalization of "Democrats" during 2000-2008 and I'll take your word for it that he/she didn't make any of those generalizations.

I'll ignore the rest of your rantings as I really don't care and I'm now bored. Take a pill or have a drink and stop being so butthurt about things today... jesus...

On the Clock and actively working are two different things.
Yeah.

Someone can answer a phone call and be ready to respond just as easily while asleep, watching TV, reading a book, watching a sporting event, jogging around DC, mountain biking, playing with their kids, eating dinner, watching a movie, listening to a record, enjoying a friendly chat, watching an Opera, playing basketball, going to church, swimming in a pool, riding a horse, or clearing brushas they can while playing a round of golf.
So?

Shall we be amending the history of any President who ever did any of the above activites to indicate how poor and unfocused of a President they were?
Only when it's abusive. As I stated before, my opinion is 38 rounds of golf is bordering on unreasonable given the state of our country and the challenges.

Yeah.

So?

Only when it's abusive. As I stated before, my opinion is 38 rounds of golf is bordering on unreasonable given the state of our country and the challenges.

Would you consider a President watching 2 hours+ of television a week unreasonable?
What about watching a movie a week?
How about jogging daily for 25 minutes?
45 Minutes in the gym 3 days a week?
How about 20 minutes a night reading or playing with his children?
What about an hour of yard work or horse back riding every day for five straight weeks?
What about an extra 30 mintues of sleep four days a week?

Do those all seem "unreasonable" amounts of time doing something? As they're all about the same amount of time roughly as he likely spends on golfing.

Frankly the only thing that seems unreasonable here is your definition of unreasonable.

I remember the likes of ADK and others going on incessantly about Bush taking vacations.... I really don't want to see the right acting the same way.

You don't? This thread does not exist, and multiple other ones about Obama playing golf? Nor the threads about Michelle Obama's shoe selection? Nor threads about Obama using a teleprompter? They are all the same thing as Bush and his vacation, stupid, silly attempts to criticize.

Would you consider a President watching 2 hours+ of television a week unreasonable?
What about watching a movie a week?
How about jogging daily for 25 minutes?
45 Minutes in the gym 3 days a week?
How about 20 minutes a night reading or playing with his children?
What about an hour of yard work or horse back riding every day for five straight weeks?
What about an extra 30 mintues of sleep four days a week?

No.

Do those all seem "unreasonable" amounts of time doing something? As they're all about the same amount of time roughly as he likely spends on golfing.

Frankly the only thing that seems unreasonable here is your definition of unreasonable.

As I said previously - these all seem reasonable IF everything was running smoothly in the U.S. But they're not. Apply your keep observation to the circumstances. Viewing individual activities on their own without apply what's going on in the world --sure, he could probably play 50 rounds of golf a week if we as a country passed deficit neutral budget, weren't still fighting 2 wars over seas, weren't teatering on financial ruin, didn't have the worst oil spill in U.S. history, weren't on edge about Iran and U.N. sanctions, weren't involving ourselves in a possible military war between North and South Korea... it's all very reasonable without all those things going on.

You don't? This thread does not exist, and multiple other ones about Obama playing golf? Nor the threads about Michelle Obama's shoe selection? Nor threads about Obama using a teleprompter? They are all the same thing as Bush and his vacation, stupid, silly attempts to criticize.

I think he's saying he doesn't want to see those kind of threads happen, not that they don't happen.

No.

As I said previously - these all seem reasonable IF everything was running smoothly in the U.S. But they're not. Apply your keep observation to the circumstances. Viewing individual activities on their own without apply what's going on in the world --sure, he could probably play 50 rounds of golf a week if we as a country passed deficit neutral budget, weren't still fighting 2 wars over seas, weren't teatering on financial ruin, didn't have the worst oil spill in U.S. history, weren't on edge about Iran and U.N. sanctions, weren't involving ourselves in a possible military war between North and South Korea... it's all very reasonable without all those things going on.

Okay, my mistake, let me clarify then since you seem to be misunderstanding me.

Take those same actions I listed above. If those were being done instead of golf right now, in the past 16 months, with the same circumstances going on, would those be equally as unreasonable?

Frankly, again, this goes back to you being unreasonble. I can not remember a significant portion in time that we've had any president where there's not been issues in the country. Under Reagan you went from the hostage crisis's and the horrible economy to the cold war. With Bush I you had the Iraq ordeal. With Clinton you had multiple attempted or completed terrorist attacks, another Iraq operation, various other military operations, and the whole impeachment thing. With Bush you had 9/11, two wars, and the beginning of an economic collapse. Under Obama you have 2 wars and the continuation of said economic issues. I believe all of them had various natural and man made disasters that they had to contend with a well as contentious nations potentially getting into dangerous diplomatic situations.

So my apologizes for not stating explicitately that those things were to be considered in a relatively normal hectic Presidential environment since in a general sense every President that I have been alive for has been sitting in that position during a point where the vast majority of their Presidency had major issues to contend with.

Last edited:
I think he's saying he doesn't want to see those kind of threads happen, not that they don't happen.

You are correct, I misread it.

My bad Rev, sorry.

Okay, my mistake, let me clarify then since you seem to be misunderstanding me.

Take those same actions I listed above. If those were being done instead of golf right now, in the past 16 months, with the same circumstances going on, would those be equally as unreasonable?

Frankly, again, this goes back to you being unreasonble. I can not remember a significant portion in time that we've had any president where there's not been issues in the country. Under Reagan you went from the hostage crisis's and the horrible economy to the cold war. With Bush I you had the Iraq ordeal. With Clinton you had multiple attempted or completed terrorist attacks, another Iraq operation, various other military operations, and the whole impeachment thing. With Bush you had 9/11, two wars, and the beginning of an economic collapse. Under Obama you have 2 wars and the continuation of said economic issues. I believe all of them had various natural and man made disasters that they had to contend with a well as contentious nations potentially getting into dangerous diplomatic situations.

So my apologizes for not stating explicitately that those things were to be considered in a relatively normal hectic Presidential environment since in a general sense every President that I have been alive for has been sitting in that position during a point where the vast majority of their Presidency had major issues to contend with.

Ok I get your point. Let me state that I don't just have a problem with Obama golfing 38 times given our circumstances - I'd have a problem with ANY President golfing that many times in 16 months given our circumstances. I guess my expectation is that he's rolling up his sleeves and digging into the problems of our country and would prioritize that above golfing or basketball or whatever other activity. I guess the point can also be made that Obama doesn't jog (ie. Clinton) so these activities are his "jogging". I guess I can buy that perspective. Bush wasn't much of a jogger but a (bad) bicycle rider.

Either way, I'm expecting our President to be more hands on and he just might not be that kind of President - which may explain why I have issues with his activities, the percieved lack of involvement, etc. That may just be how he is - I don't like it - but this may be as good as it gets.

I understand the desire for a "hands on" president that "rolls his sleeve up". Just like I understood peoples desire to not see the President at his "vacation" home when Bush was in office. I understand those things on a basic level. The issue is I think people tend to make too big of a deal about it by focusing in with tunnel vision, akin to a horse with Blinders on. Four hours roughly every two weeks does not preclude someone from being thuroughly involved and actively working at things when that is 1/84th of the total time within that week. Not being in the white house doens't keep one from being able to do everything required from the job in the age of broadband interent, secure lines, email, and video conference calls.

Ultimately I think its hearing something that on the surface, without any additional thought seems ludicrous....Bush Spent 300+ days in his first 4 years at the ranch, Obama played golf 38 times in 16 months, etc...doesn't mean ultimately it is. And while the gut reaction of some is understandable, especially when its in regards to someone you dislike politically and thus are more naturally predisposed to having a negative reaction about them, its the inability to step outside of their initial thought and view it in full context that is frustrating. The notion that somehow 4 hours every week and a half or being at a Ranch instead of the White house is somehow in any way significantly impactful in terms of the day to day dealings and ability of the President to do his job just seems ludicrous to me when you take a broader view of the situation.

At the end of the day, there is nothing quite like watching conservatives cry about stupid ****.

I completely agree. There is so much ammunition to nail Obama with, and the Republican party goes for crap like this? Add this bit of nauseum to the birther, deather, and other silly arguments. I remember a time when the GOP was "take no prisoners", and they were absolutely ruthless. Now they are nothing more than a bunch of whiners and crybabies that most people laugh at. Damn, how the GOP has fallen from their days at the top. It's actually quite astonishing to see them reduced to this.

Last edited:
A little golf trivia here.

George H.W. Bush's father (Prescott) and grandfather (George Herbert Walker) were both President of the United States Golf Association (USGA).

The Walker Cup Match, a biennial amateur golf match between the U.S. vs. Great Britian & Ireland, was named for the grandfather. The 2011 meeting will be held at the Royal Aberdeen Golf Club in Scotland.

:)

This might be the dumbest partisan Republican thread in some time.

OMG, the President goes golfing a lot! The nation is collapsing! Socialism is running rampant! Undead Nazis riding dinosaurs are invading! Inbred aliens with erectile disfunction are eating babies as a cheap substitute for costly space viagra! All because Obama golfs too much!

OK, now we see the Dems smash Tony Hyward for going sailing on Father's Day after spending every day on the job, a job he is not responsible for anymore.

Then Obi tees it up again.
This the guy that says the GoM his #1 priority.
Vacations, parties, golf.
Obi thinks the Presidency is his personal Disneyland.

Now, I wish he would do less, but this mess requires his leadership, and I don't think those suffering in the GoM appreciate his approach.
Carville certainly didn't.

This comes from a man that claimed to have superior judgment.
Something he HARPED on during the campaign.
WTF is it? This judgment?

Bush stopped playing golf during his time.

Obi? He's had more parties and fun time than Pauly Shore.

Dude.

I completely agree. There is so much ammunition to nail Obama with, and the Republican party goes for crap like this? Add this bit of nauseum to the birther, deather, and other silly arguments. I remember a time when the GOP was "take no prisoners", and they were absolutely ruthless. Now they are nothing more than a bunch of whiners and crybabies that most people laugh at. Damn, how the GOP has fallen from their days at the top. It's actually quite astonishing to see them reduced to this.
Do you have anything to say about the Obama Administration crapping on Hayward while Obi was golfing?
See anything odd there?

The problem is Obama has been detached (as Carville noted) from the mess.
Parties and golf while we have hell in the GoM doesn't bode well.

I don't know... if your business is dying, will you just piss off, tee it up and yuck it up?
If it were the odd party or round it wouldn't matter.

Last edited:
OK, now we see the Dems smash Tony Hyward for going sailing on Father's Day after spending every day on the job, a job he is not responsible for anymore.

Just because the other side has some blind idiotic partisans, doesn't excuse the same from the other side.

I don't know why people have this notion that the President should be chained to his desk 18 hours a day every day. Presidents are people. People need leisure time to recharge and regroup. A person who never takes time to do something personally enjoyable and relaxing is doing himself a disservice. Most people work better when they have some personal down time. If golf is Obama's way to "get away from it all" (as much as a President can ever get away from things) and clear his head, then more power to him.

I could see this as a valid criticism if Obama spent an extraordinary amount time golfing, but 38 rounds in a year and a half doesn't even equal one game a week. As Zyphlin broke it down above, its the equivilent of watching one movie a week. Or watching one TV sitcom a day.

What's next? Are Republicans going to criticize Obama because he takes a fifteen minute dump every morning? I can just see it now ..

Stupid Republican Hack Commentator: The President should cut down on his fiber! The nation is in a state of emergency and we just don't have time for little luxuries like regular bowel movements.

It is estimated that Eisenhower played close to 100 rounds in a year during his two terms in the White House. Ike, as he was nicknamed, even practiced on the South Lawn of the White House. Most famous of his golf stories is the quote he gave after a frustrating round.

Daily Nation:*- Golf*|Yes, Obama too loves his round of golf

Obama's got a lot rounds of golf to catch Eisenhower.

Funny how Eisenhower is considered by most historians to be a good president, yet he played by most measures, a ridiculous amount of golf.

Props to those who pointed out just how ridiculous this thread is. We need to do something about this disturbingly increasing level of stupid that has hit the forum recently.

Back
Top Bottom