• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NRA's National Database of Gun Owners [W:90]

So what? This discussion is about the NRA's data base and your hyperbolic fallacious hissy fits aren't helping your argument.

Please point out how my well reasoned and accurate arguments are...

#1 fallacious hissy fits
#2 hyperbolic

I have done neither. You have no argument and are now making ad hominem attacks because of your lack of an argument. That simple.

You mean like other lobbies did for Obama? And countless other Democrat politicians? Please stop with the nonsense.
The OP is about the NRA data base. Why do you keep trying to deflect and change the subject?

And you might want to actually use facts and the law. Emotional ranting is what your posts have amounted to.
Look whose talking.

when the NRA starts demanding guns be banned then we will start worrying. Is the point of your post to

1) say its ok for scum bag politicians to have this information to

2) pretend the NRA is bad

3) or to justify the government doing the same thing

4) demanding the NRA safeguard it
Well I would be worried about #3--the government getting that info from the NRA. Seriously. It could be done. :shrug:

The NRA does not have a list of what guns people own. It has a list of people who have taken CCW classes. Just as the government does-it has a list of those who have carry permits. Big difference

Not a big difference when they bust through your door and search your home and search for weapons

The govt has no legal power to confiscate all guns, but people fear it just the same.

A central database of gun owners would be useful for a govt that wants to confiscate everyone's guns.

Do you think a govt that would confiscate everyone's guns even though it doesn't have the legal power to do so would balk at confiscating the NRA's list of gun owners simply because it doesn't have the legal power to confiscate the list?

really? so California, NY and NJ never confiscated guns

Diane Fienturd admitted she wanted a law allowing the government to confiscate all of the guns "banned" under the clinton AWB.

All this has already been addressed and debunked. You might want to... I don't know... maybe read the thread?

Nothing you have stated has not been covered and shown to be not true or hyperbole.

are you surprised?

How do I know if the government didn't get their information from the NRA?

HOw do we know that you aren't a secret communist martian agent trying to stir up trouble

Geez what a stupid post and a stupid thread

Not a big difference when they bust through your door and search your home and search for weapons

who the NRA? LOL

The NRA does not have a list of what guns people own. It has a list of people who have taken CCW classes. Just as the government does-it has a list of those who have carry permits. Big difference
And that's not bothering you? Seriously? What happens if someone--government or anyone--gets that list? I mean this is not like Samsung keeping a list on TVs or refrigerators. I do not think the government cares about appliances that are used in homes for comfort or entertainment. :shrug:

You have to put words in my mouth because you can't refute the words I actually posted

I am just repeating what you have said...

The govt has no legal power to confiscate all guns, but people fear it just the same. Do you think a govt that would confiscate everyone's guns even though it doesn't have the legal power to do so would balk at confiscating the NRA's list of gun owners simply because it doesn't have the legal power to confiscate the list?

No, all it has to do is confiscate the NRA's db

I said...

So you are saying the government does not have the power to confiscate guns, but somehow they do have the power to confiscate an irrelevant database they can easily attain since it is free and open to the public? Interesting.

So I stretched it a tad, but put words in your mouth? No. I was making the point about records that are public already making your argument null and void.

I said that a govt that would ignore the law in order to confiscate guns would not hesitate to ignore the law and confiscate the NRA's list

There's a reason why Al Queda doesn't keep a central db of it's members

The NRA is not Al Qaeda, and the list is freely available in the public record. You keep ignoring that. It makes the NRA's list worth just like your argument.

And can that database the NRA keeps in their Virginia Offices be easily swiped?
What makes you think that it already hasn't?
Fairfax Virginia is less than twenty miles away from Washington DC.

Last edited:
HOw do we know that you aren't a secret communist martian agent trying to stir up trouble

Geez what a stupid post and a stupid thread
Seriously. I would give it at least 3 stars. ;):2razz:

And that's not bothering you? Seriously? What happens if someone--government or anyone--gets that list? I mean this is not like Samsung keeping a list on TVs or refrigerators. I do not think the government cares about appliances that are used in homes for comfort or entertainment. :shrug:

Your thread is based on a dishonest premise

you pretend you are upset about the NRA doing something that you want the government to do

I think you are a hard core gun rights hater and you are trying to piss on the NRA because you don't like the politics of those of us who tend to be NRA members.

Your silly argument is just that-silly and stupid

They just can't see the danger. All they can see is that someone is criticizing someone who is on their team

No. I am surprised however that they think there arguments are somehow relevant.

what is funny is the three or four hard core gun haters pretend that its bad for the NRA to do something they want the government to do.

The OP is about the NRA data base. Why do you keep trying to deflect and change the subject?

It was a response and relevant to your incorrect post.

Pot meet kettle.

Look whose talking.

Yes I am typing responses to your inaccurate and sometimes off topic posts. So what?

They just can't see the danger. All they can see is that someone is criticizing someone who is on their team

so do you oppose the government having a list of gun owners, or worse yet, what guns are owned by which owner?

what is funny is the three or four hard core gun haters pretend that its bad for the NRA to do something they want the government to do.

It's deeper than that. They want us to be outraged and then they claim it is no different than the government. Even though I have pointed out they are...

#1 Not a government agency
#2 The records they use are public and freely available to anyone

And yet they still argue like they have a reasonable position when it is nothing but hyperbole.

I hate to break this to you, but when you fill out a warranty card, Samsung knows exactly what you bought, when, and where, same with online registration for warranty. The NRA accessing public records simply tells them who(available on public record as mentioned) has the license, it's used as an advertising tool, like tracking cookies on websites, and it's for the purposes of asking for people to become members.

Government registries would mean that they know who owns what, and where they can be found, the author of your source would do well to learn that difference before issuing more articles that make him look like a complete idiot.

It's deeper than that. They want us to be outraged and then they claim it is no different than the government. Even though I have pointed out they are...

#1 Not a government agency
#2 The records they use are public and freely available to anyone

And yet they still argue like they have a reasonable position when it is nothing but hyperbole.

its a manufactured bit of hypocritical faux indignation by someone trying to troll pro rights posters

Well I would be worried about #3--the government getting that info from the NRA. Seriously. It could be done. :shrug:

They can get it legally and freely now. The records are PUBLIC. This is not some top secret conspiracy. They are freely available public records anyone including the government could get if they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom