• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NPR forced to issue apology to Trump Jr.

Good for NPR for the quick correction & apology. I wish all media orgs acted in like manner.

Can't find the apology ... I'm not so good with the search functions.
Would really appreciate a link to their actual apology. Thank you!

NPR forced to issue apology to Trump Jr. Fox News Published on Dec 1, 2018

Turns out Trump Jr. did not lie during testimony alleged to contradict Cohen's testimony about the Trump building project.

NPR rushed a story without verification of the facts, and the MSM ran with it.

Trump Jr. was talking about a different issue in his testimony, and said nothing to contradict (or support) the issue raised by Cohen's testimony.

Great to see a reputable news source in action.

Great! It's good to see honest organizations apologize when they make a mistake. How many times have we seen Trump apologize for his mistakes? None?

Please point to where NPR made an apology ...

You mean the same corporation that is hiding from the big scary social media company Trump loves, where their lies are exposed on a daily basis and members targeted their number two pirmetime host b/c of the countless lies and hateful things he has said??? That corporation???

Hindsite, perhaps "Trump, et al.," might have been more appropiate than "Trump Corp." But I think the meaning was understood.

don jr is total asshole...Never a need to apologize for that idiot

Can't find the apology ... I'm not so good with the search functions.
Would really appreciate a link to their actual apology. Thank you!
Good catch! I based my statement upon Fox' Video statement (title), and didn't catch it was missing when I watched the video.

Looks like it was the usual Fox fake news ...

Fox news almost never retracts its stories yet whoops and hollers like it's some great victory when the 'other side' does its journalistic duty and corrects itself.

Let's see Fox line up every damn birther they ever had on and issue a retraction and an apology.

It's a massive Irony, when right-wing outlets who never admit they are wrong and always peddle in lies and half-truths act like it's a big moral win for them when the opposition plays by the rules.

And in any case isn't Don Jr still lying about the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting? When the Mueller investigation establishes (as if it isn't painfully obvious already) that the purpose was to gather dirt on the opposition stolen from DNC servers, Fox's yapping heads will barely be able to scream 'fake new' through all the yoke streaming down their faces.

A large portion of Fox viewers and Trump supporters see apologies or admitting errors as a weakness.

Would it be too much to identify the title of the NPR article? Or perhaps even provide a link to it?

Is the article an editorial (and if so, is it op-ed or NPR's own) or news reporting and/or analysis? A link or something that'd allow us to know of what article you/Fox remark would help answer that question. The nature of the article matters because it tells us who bears the preponderant onus for the mistake and credit for having the integrity to issue the subsequently provided correction.

As for the matter of the correction:
  • According to the video NPR issued a correction five hours -- not fifteen, fifty, five days or five weeks, months or years later, but five hours -- after publishing the article.
    • That's definitely a timely-enough correction that there's no basis for recriminating NPR for having made the mistake. The error came quickly to NPR's attention and it corrected its article to reflect the verity of the matter.
    • Five hours later hardly sounds like NPR's being "forced" to issue an apology. It sounds like NPR learned of (realized) its errant assertion and amended the article to correct it. That's what one expects of anyone who publicly makes an untrue/inaccurate assertion about something verisimilitudinous.
      • Did NPR issue an apology? Trump, Jr.'s tweet and the text of the video indicate it did not.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
-- William Shakespeare, Hamlet
There's a big problem with that video, as was pointed-out to me: the headline does not match the contents.

It appears the headline is fake, or the contents is fake, or maybe the whole thing is a charade. Either way, I wouldn't trust it. But I should already know that with Fox ... :doh

A large portion of Fox viewers and Trump supporters see apologies or admitting errors as a weakness.

Agreed, but then they are well known liars sooooo......we already know they are weak. Liars are weak because they can't stand the truth.

Which is perhaps why they're so giddy at an NPR addendum. They're not nearly as interested in the facts as scoring points against the 'libtards'. NPR blinked first, therefore they 'lost'.

Never mind that journalistic integrity won, they may not see the relevance.

I'm not going to bash NPR for making a mistake. Sounds like they corrected it quickly. Problem is- they need to double and triple check since the MSM, social media platforms, bloggers and any other way of spreading Trump hate is going to wick this up like litmus paper. The logarithmic effect amplifies "fake news" (especially that news which comports with Trump hate) by orders of magnitude, at the speed of fingertips flying across devices.
Then, the next person repeats the lie and the next and so on. The retraction/correction/apology never quite eclipses the initial misinformation, whether intended or unintended.

There's a big problem with that video, as was pointed-out to me: the headline does not match the contents.

It appears the headline is fake, or the contents is fake, or maybe the whole thing is a charade. Either way, I wouldn't trust it. But I should already know that with Fox ... :doh

Isn't that the thing Fox News and the Captain was originally complaining about NPR doing???

Turns out Trump Jr. did not lie during testimony alleged to contradict Cohen's testimony about the Trump building project.

Trump Jr. was talking about a different issue in his testimony, and said nothing to contradict (or support) the issue raised by Cohen's testimony.

They issued a retraction on incorrect information in a timely manner.

Thumbs up and way to go NPR!

Nice example for the other networks to follow.

They issued a retraction on incorrect information in a timely manner.

Thumbs up and way to go NPR!

Nice example for the other networks to follow.

Sad that any network would need to lead others by example in this regard.

The same reason Grim17 goes on and about about two tough questions that a reporter once asked Ivanka. They love the Trump Crime Family and to troll about pointless topics.

So this is how you spread you bull****... You lie about people on other threads and hope you aren't caught.

You are a despicable human being that at the very least, needs intensive anger management therapy.

Now lodge your complaint like the coward you are.

So this is how you spread you bull****... You lie about people on other threads and hope you aren't caught.

You are a despicable human being that at the very least, needs intensive anger management therapy.

Look, he was spot on, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this thread. I thought "this is just like Grim17s thread, 's faux outrage at Invanka Nepotism Trump being asked a question twice.
TWICE I TELL YA!!

Good on NPR, show right wing media how it's done.

Look, he was spot on, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this thread. I thought "this is just like Grim17s thread, 's faux outrage at Invanka Nepotism Trump being asked a question twice.
TWICE I TELL YA!!

Hilarious isn't it? OMG! She asked the nepotist daughter a question twice! The gall of that commoner!

Hilarious isn't it? OMG! She asked the nepotist daughter a question twice! The gall of that commoner!

Maybe in an alternate universe, where we don't have a ****ing organized crime family in the White House, and a complicit Republican party supporting him...
Maybe if this alternate universe didn't; also feature the unqualified presidents daughter and son in law, given senior advisor positions in the United States government.
maybe in that alternate universe , on a really slow day this would be slightly interesting.

No, really not even then. To watch a reporter give someone a hard time is like basic reporting 101, it's everyone, all the time, on every subject. I blame right wing media, it pushes bull****, people consume it, and they get all worked up about it.

Wow I'm kind of surprised you responded. Do you constantly search for your name on DP, only interjecting when your name or your posts are mentioned? There's a word for that but it's better hashed out downstairs where this type of stuff belongs.

Wow I'm kind of surprised you responded. Do you constantly search for your name on DP, only interjecting when your name or your posts are mentioned? There's a word for that but it's better hashed out downstairs where this type of stuff belongs.

So now you insinuate another falsehood... No surprise at all coming from you.

I read, I don't search for my own name because frankly the opinion about me from people like yourself are of no importance... Unless of course they are supported with falsehoods by obsessed, weak-minder people who are consumed by hatred... Then I feel pointing them out becomes more of a public service.

Mistake made, correction issued. Fox should take a page out of NPR's page.

Back
Top Bottom