• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Now we will see if Pelosi lied

Aww... are we still upset Trump caved on his temper tantrum... for all of 3 weeks?

Maybe he's hoping for some terrible tragedy down at the border or a mass shooting by an illegal to give him the fear-based boost his wall plan needs.

Or maybe there will be a false flag to accomplish the same thing.

Good lord, and I'm not even remotely into CTs!

Aww... are we still upset Trump caved on his temper tantrum... for all of 3 weeks?

all it does is set up a new battle later on. That's not really a cave anymore than postponing a football game is caving.

Anyways, I'm interested to seeing if Missus Nancy will go ahead with the SOTU. If not, I would say, shut the government down again....forever.

all it does is set up a new battle later on. That's not really a cave anymore than postponing a football game is caving.

Anyways, I'm interested to seeing if Missus Nancy will go ahead with the SOTU. If not, I would say, shut the government down again....forever.

Why wouldnt she?

Why wouldnt she?

Because democrats lie. you give them an inch, they take 10 miles. 50% of me is thinking she's not going to do it and she will make sure the SOTU never happens.

I do NOT know what you mean about "compromise on the border wall" since she was very clear about that issue. The area of compromise can come on the broader and more important issue of BORDER SECURITY.
And how is a wall not part of that topic?

Because democrats lie. you give them an inch, they take 10 miles. 50% of me is thinking she's not going to do it and she will make sure the SOTU never happens.

Well I'll start laughing at your misguided gullibility now and continue when she honors her word.

It's so silly when people allow their rigid bias to actually compromise their ability to think clearly.

I have no problem with it being part of the discussion when the Congress person meet.
I've been saying that all along. If we're serious about border security it has to be a multilevel approach - the wall, surveillance assets, CBP patrols, and employment enforcement, to name a few. Willfully ruling out the wall just because Trump wants it, is not a solid approach - particularly from an ultra-rich Democrat who lives in a walled community. Trying to fly away with family and friends for a two-week junket while those government employees she claims to care so much about are running out of money is not responsible governing.

I've been saying that all along. If we're serious about border security it has to be a multilevel approach - the wall, surveillance assets, CBP patrols, and employment enforcement, to name a few. Willfully ruling out the wall just because Trump wants it, is not a solid approach - particularly from an ultra-rich Democrat who lives in a walled community. Trying to fly away with family and friends for a two-week junket while those government employees she claims to care so much about are running out of money is not responsible governing.

I am more than willing to accept that there may be places along the long border where some type of structure would be useful. I do not think such claim is unreasonable and can indeed be founded in fact and in experience.

So lets see the case presented. Anywhere Trump wants a wall, lets look at the complete factual case for it being there. Lets study each specific request and determine if it will actually do the job that he seems to believe it will do. That must be part of this process.

This is about giving the voters what we want, what we voted for, not about Trump and how he needs to be hurt by being denied what he spent so much energy developing a mandate for.

There is long term blowback to telling tens of millions of American "**** you, we dont care what you want".

"SHUT UP AND DIE!"

Actually more voters voted for Hillary than Trump, so your argument does not hold water as it seems more people voted against the wall than for it. And now polls show that a majority of Americans do not want the wall, Should that not be enough to say NO wall to everyone, unless that is you only count the Trumpsters?

No one with a brain is ruling out the wall because Trump wants it, they are ruling out the wall because it won't work to solve the problems of the border. Just because Trump wants the wall to satisfy his people, doe not mean we should spend up to 25 billion dollars to satisfy that promise. Yes we need a multilevel system, but there is no need for walls or fences outside of the urban areas where we already have them. Did you not see the article where people dug under the wall where there is one and almost 400 asylum seekers got into our country. That and how easy it is to cut through the metal slat wall as shown in another article should give yo a clue on how worthless a wall is to keep our border safe.

Seen the polls, Trump has, thus the cave.

That's not why he caved.

He desperately needed a distraction from Stone's arrest. Issues are just pawns in his distraction game.

Well I'll start laughing at your misguided gullibility now and continue when she honors her word.

It's so silly when people allow their rigid bias to actually compromise their ability to think clearly.
You're the one being guilible. This is just my personal speculation. No one told you to trust Missus Nancy at her word. That's just something you're choosing to do because something something something conservatives.

I'll believe there will be a SOTU address, when it happens. Until then, it ain't a thing.

My predictions:

Pelosi will let Trump do the SOTU.
Pelosi will offer up more money for border security.
Pelosi will NOT cave on the wall.

I think the only thing that would get Nancy to cave on the wall would be PERMANENT protections for DACA recipients. But the Republicans probably won’t go for that.

1. Pelosi has already voted in favor of two border walls.
2. If she is such an expert and knows how to secure the border why hasn’t she done it? And why are there so many illegals in this country? And why are they still coming?
3. Could it be that she really wants open borders?
4. Could it be that she wants the money for high tech border insecurity to flow into Silicon Valley?

Why are Trump supporters always looking for someone else to save Trump from Trump

Nancy Pelosi does not owe Donald Trump anything.

I am still waiting for your cite proving Pelosi offered wall funds in exchange for the shut down ending, you cant can you. Then admit you lied!

The next time he provides a cite to back up one of his claims will be the first time.

That's not why he caved.

He desperately needed a distraction from Stone's arrest. Issues are just pawns in his distraction game.

Trump is always about the numbers,money and polls. His vanity is almost Caesar like. Of course Cesear had intelligence and political skills, something Trump lacks, therefore he was out maneuvered by Pelosi.

The President called Pelosi's bluff. Pelosi said if the government was opened she would have the State of the Union address, and would compromise on the border wall. Lets see if that happens.

Oh? She said she would compromise on the border wall? Do you have an exact quote for that?

On an unrelated note ... Has anyone else noticed that Pelosi seems to be having denture problems?
Like her Poligrip is failing or something.
There's something going in her mouth - lots of weird activity.

How odd, people have to concentrate on someone's physical appearance when they disagree with them.

My predictions:

Pelosi will let Trump do the SOTU.
Pelosi will offer up more money for border security.
Pelosi will NOT cave on the wall.

I think the only thing that would get Nancy to cave on the wall would be PERMANENT protections for DACA recipients. But the Republicans probably won’t go for that.

The SC took away Trump's ability to use Dreamers as collateral. The wall is Trump supporters' biggest issue, and I would accept trading their biggest issue for our biggest issue: an all-encompassing Federal bill codifying voter rights, including

• automatic registration
  • banning registration purges
  • an end to gerrymandering
  • an end to voter id laws
  • the right for college students to vote regardless of the state they're in
  • returning voting rights to all ex-felons
  • moving voting day to Saturday and Sunday
  • extension of early voting time
  • a mandated minimum number of voting stations based on population

And just for good measure, make that a Constitutional amendment so that future Congresses are less able to screw with it. If all of that happened, I could get on board with a wall.

On an unrelated note ... Has anyone else noticed that Pelosi seems to be having denture problems?
Like her Poligrip is failing or something.
There's something going in her mouth - lots of weird activity.

Insult her all you like. Hell, call her the c word if it adds a ray of sunshine to your day. What you'll never be able to take from her is that she's a legitimately elected public servant and Trump isn't.

Last edited:
No one with a brain is ruling out the wall because Trump wants it, they are ruling out the wall because it won't work to solve the problems of the border.
And you know that how? Walls are everywhere to keep people out or in. They seem to work pretty well.

independentus said:
Just because Trump wants the wall to satisfy his people, doe not mean we should spend up to 25 billion dollars to satisfy that promise. Yes we need a multilevel system, but there is no need for walls or fences outside of the urban areas where we already have them. Did you not see the article where people dug under the wall where there is one and almost 400 asylum seekers got into our country. That and how easy it is to cut through the metal slat wall as shown in another article should give yo a clue on how worthless a wall is to keep our border safe.
I saw the tunnel story and we've had tunnels here in San Diego as well. I saw the article about cutting through the slats as well. What you don't seem to grasp is that each of those takes time and allows far fewer people to cross than NOTHING. I don't think anyone, except the loony lefties, think a wall is going to be 100% effective. Otherwise would Trump also ask for 2500 CBP agents? And more judges to deal with asylum cases and more for technology upgrades.

I am more than willing to accept that there may be places along the long border where some type of structure would be useful. I do not think such claim is unreasonable and can indeed be founded in fact and in experience.

So lets see the case presented. Anywhere Trump wants a wall, lets look at the complete factual case for it being there. Lets study each specific request and determine if it will actually do the job that he seems to believe it will do. That must be part of this process.
How about a practical test? Build a test wall in a tactically important heavy traffic area and see what happens - we've "studied the **** out of this". We've seen her in San Diego the stretches of wall we have from the Pacific Ocean eastward have pushed a significant part of the illegals eastward. As I mentioned we have the occasional tunnel but they're expensive and subject to discovery. And throughput is not very high.

How about a practical test? Build a test wall in a tactically important heavy traffic area and see what happens - we've "studied the **** out of this". We've seen her in San Diego the stretches of wall we have from the Pacific Ocean eastward have pushed a significant part of the illegals eastward. As I mentioned we have the occasional tunnel but they're expensive and subject to discovery. And throughput is not very high.

trump wants 5.7 Billion for a wall in the middle of no where...A monument to ego.....The Democrats have offered over 2 Billion for total Border security, that would include building and repairing walls in urban areas

Trump is always about the numbers,money and polls. His vanity is almost Caesar like. Of course Cesear had intelligence and political skills, something Trump lacks, therefore he was out maneuvered by Pelosi.

Of course Ceasar came to a bad end, no doubt trump will suffer the same for his Presidency

The President called Pelosi's bluff. Pelosi said if the government was opened she would have the State of the Union address, and would compromise on the border wall. Lets see if that happens.

Can you point out this factual bluff you speak of
can you point out this factual compromise on the wall you speak of

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom