• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not Getting Vaccinated is an Applause Line at CPAC Dallas

CPAC has gotten increasingly more far right than it had traditionally been. It is now looking more like a fringe conservative action committee with a very extreme view. Although they are avid Trumpers their straw poll at the last gathering went to De Santis and some reports were that is why Trump was late in addressing them. He was furious about the poll and needed to be calmed down. I don't know if that is true or not but I do know he was very unhappy with the results and it seems in perfect keeping with his character, or rather lack thereof. I suspect De Santis will win again and we will see by how much and Trump's reaction. I think it is a real coin toss whether he'll assume his role as a king maker and step back for DeSantis or whether his ego and pocketbook will win out and he will tease out his decision for 2024.

My personal opinion is he will tease out his intention to run in order to raise money and build a shield defence against potential prosecution by playing the victim. No way on earth Trump cares about the country, the GOP or DeSantis.....as always it is all about him.
Trump is so impulsive that there's a good chance that he'll turn on DeSantis if he wins too many polls.

They're loyal because he tells them what they want to hear. He feeds their sense of grievance and channels their outrage onto "libs". He encourages them to shirk personal responsibility, and exacerbates their sense of entitlement. What's not to like?
The 500 plus going to jail for 1/6, perhaps they have figured out they've been conned.

CPAC has gotten increasingly more far right than it had traditionally been. It is now looking more like a fringe conservative action committee with a very extreme view. Although they are avid Trumpers their straw poll at the last gathering went to De Santis and some reports were that is why Trump was late in addressing them. He was furious about the poll and needed to be calmed down. I don't know if that is true or not but I do know he was very unhappy with the results and it seems in perfect keeping with his character, or rather lack thereof. I suspect De Santis will win again and we will see by how much and Trump's reaction. I think it is a real coin toss whether he'll assume his role as a king maker and step back for DeSantis or whether his ego and pocketbook will win out and he will tease out his decision for 2024.

My personal opinion is he will tease out his intention to run in order to raise money and build a shield defence against potential prosecution by playing the victim. No way on earth Trump cares about the country, the GOP or DeSantis.....as always it is all about him.
Trump could fart, and CPAC would applaud and inhale deep.

I just turned in my notice at my place of work, mostly because so many of my co-workers refuse to get vaxxed.

Good for you.

Anti-vaxxers do not care about anyone's physical safety including their own. Therefore, they are too dangerous to trust.

I feel sorry for those who are forced to live with those reckless idiots.

Spending 3 minutes getting a vaccine is "substantially sacrificing your quality of life"?

LOL. Surely you Joko?

Do you look both ways before you cross the street?
Or are you living in constant terror of your mortality?

*chuckle*
Poor fella. I'll pray for you.🙏

I was discussing the lockdown and all that came with it.

Is the standard by which you are injected with some substance if someone else told you to do so particularly if who was doing so had repeatedly lied to you?

Thanks for praying for me. Hope it does some good.

Be prepared to be denied boarding on International flights, and denied entry into many countries.

Have a covid free day 😁

Not a problem.

That's your defense of the bone heads reaction at CPAC?

Weak 🙄

Since this thread is really about nothing other than trivial partisanship

Not pro-life.....pro-fetus.
The same folks who are pro fetus tend to support capital punishment. I was raised a Catholic, taught only God can take a life, not the State.

Hypocrisy of the Right

That's actually a very good point. The right loves to act tough when it comes to loading up on weapons and threatening fellow americans. But when external threats are involved, not so much.
Remember Trump promising that "I'll be right there with you" when he egged on his insurrectionists to storm the Capitol?

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--"

Then he hightailed it to the White House to enjoy the carnage safe behind his Secret Service army.

But, But, Trump gave us Warp Speed and is responsible for the US having the vaccine in record time. Why do Trump supporters hate Trump's vaccine?
You'd think they'd be as eager to get the vaccine as they are to donate money to every new website he creates.
:)

Remember Trump promising that "I'll be right there with you" when he egged on his insurrectionists to storm the Capitol?

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--"

Then he hightailed it to the White House to enjoy the carnage safe behind his Secret Service army.
Maybe he meant "we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you in spirit."
:)

Good for you.

Anti-vaxxers do not care about anyone's physical safety including their own. Therefore, they are too dangerous to trust.

I feel sorry for those who are forced to live with those reckless idiots.

Seems some if them are willing to lie to be able to enjoy the privileges afforded to normal people who have done the right thing and been vaccinated. That’s why verifying that someone is vaccinated is so important as opposed to taking their word for it. My gym does that: no proof-masks are mandatory and that policy is ENFORCED. Kudos to their management!
Dishonesty is so easy for them. At least they should have the intestinal fortitude to be honest about their foolish choices.

I have been telling people that we are buddies... it is also in my signature.

For the first time on this forum after over a decade, I am at a loss for words. 😘

Last edited:
It is FUN reading vaccinated people ranting they are unsafe from unvaccinated people - and have no clue how absurd they are in doing so.

Hell, nearly everyone I know has not been vaccinated. I don't DARE be vaccinated or it would put me too much as risk to unvaccinated people!

Ask any expert and they will assure you the vaccine doesn't protect you against anyone who has covid-19 if unvaccinated. It only protects against vaccinated people with covid-19 apparently. ROFL!!!

It is FUN reading vaccinated people ranting they are unsafe from unvaccinated people - and have no clue how absurd they are in doing so.

Hell, nearly everyone I know has not been vaccinated. I don't DARE be vaccinated or it would put me too much as risk to unvaccinated people!

Ask any expert and they will assure you the vaccine doesn't protect you against anyone who has covid-19 if unvaccinated. It only protects against vaccinated people with covid-19 apparently. ROFL!!!

I am vaccinated. I did the right thing. You should too if you haven’t been already.
As a vaccinated person there is almost no chance that I will get serious disease.
However YOU have a social responsibility to protect 1. citizens who aren’t able to be vaccinated and 2. Normal people from risking starting at square one because an escape variant emerged because your selfishness.
I don’t expect you to understand this because we have told you this hundreds of times here and you still don’t get these facts.

There were other reasons, but that was the main one. I just don't understand the mentality!
Yeah, we had a candidate who was vaccine hesitant, and our feeling was whether you get the vaccine eventually or not, if that is your mindset we just don't want to deal with you as an employee given whatever confusion must be going on in your head.

Why do Republicans applaud not reaching 70% vaccination rate?

What is wrong with those people. Are they so spiteful and butt hurt over the election they want to stick it to Biden?

Petty and just plain weird!!

Back
Top Bottom