• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not Getting Vaccinated is an Applause Line at CPAC Dallas

These people are incapable of acting like responsible adults.

1) The vaccines are still beating the variants.
2) The variants are pummeling unvaccinated people.
3) The longer 2 continues, the less likely 1 will hold.

I just turned in my notice at my place of work, mostly because so many of my co-workers refuse to get vaxxed.

I suppose it is possible that at some point in the future at least 1 person we know, one of our employees, any relative or even acquaintance we know will at least be hospitalized for covid-19 for how it claimed how people are dropping like flies from it.

Since the absolutely totally absurd claim that having covid-19 offers no immunity, certainly at least 1 of us should have died by now, don't think?

MAYBE, that we didn't lock ourselves indoors where every study say 99% of infections happen might have something to do with it. Maybe because we violated the claim of the "experts' that we MUST shop in THE most crowded big box stores like WalMart, ordering all but crowded businesses illegal and permanently run out of business. Maybe because we didn't stop traveling. Nor stop going to the beaches. We didn't wear masks everywhere - because that was the rational choice.

Then again, maybe because we didn't stop getting together socially, hugging and kissing.

Infection rates? I don't care about infection rates. I care about death rates.

Bottom line, we refused to follow the "science" of the most deadly non-Native American pandemic in US history, the Spanish Flu - like most of you did - and instead followed the practice of every subsequent pandemic disease in the USA that did NOT become like the Spanish Flu. I've never understood your glorifying the Spanish Flu practices and resulting death rates.

Which "subsequent pandemic diseases" are you referring to and what practices did you follow?

I challenge all of them to march their unvaccinated maskless selves into a covid hospital ward and inhale deeply for an hour.

Which "subsequent pandemic diseases" are you referring to and what practices did you follow?

Determine if anyone we know in our personal circle is at particular risk (health condition and or age) make sure that person can obtain what they need to avoid stores and other general public gatherings. If a regular church goer, to make sure this can be covered live by video and that person is with others of our circle of the same religion are with that person for services - and otherwise prevent the person being left alone.

Avoid places such as all the places told to go during the lockdown - WalMart and big box stores.

Shift to a healthier diet and ramp up on vitamins, minerals and other OTCs. There are a few other supplements I won't mention to not go into that topic.

If anyone does become sick, quarantine that person to a reasonable degree, monitored careful in case hospitalization.

Avoid infants being around other than parents and siblings. If an infant or young child gains a fever or other indicator, take that child to our doctor.

Ramp up our already very impressive air purification and filtration system, but also frequently air out the house and maintain good oxygen levels, plus allowing in as much sunlight as possible.

Circumstantially, to deliberately become infected - for the purpose of total quarantine - to become safe for visitations and activities, and safe for all family members and others. This also avoids both parents or too many acting in a caregiver role at the same time.

Go on with our lives. There are always pathogens in the air and water. With every breathe you breathe in hundreds of millions of virus, hundreds of thousands of bacteria, some of which are harmful pathogens (diseases) and other pathogens. Viral loading, general health and each person's auto immune system will be different for each person. It is the reality of all living organisms that all will die. Some will die of disease.

Only a fool substantially sacrifices the quality of their life to instead living in constant terror of their mortality.

How many good, fun, socially active years do you think you have left before old age eliminates much of our activities? Like a fool, most of you threw away over 1 year of your extremely limited lifetime so living in terror you could be told the safest place of all shop is WalMart and if you just wrap a piece of T-shirt around your lower face and stay 6 feet from others you are nearly completely safe - so blinded in pure terror you accept that absurdity - fixated on the 24/7 big red sidebar infection and death rate chart (that vanished the day after the election.)

You gullible chumps of the richest and more powerful male white racists and corporations on earth - profiting to the tune of trillions of dollars, destroying their middle class competitors, and gaining so much power they can use the nearly absolute control of all news and info outlet they can have their business competition ordered elect by "executive orders" and place all of you under house arrest. Oh hell no don't go to church, go to WalMart and buy some Chinese made clothing and electronics. Or get covid-19 delivered to you by Amazon.

You people are irreversibly ruining everything. You actual let some mayor, governor, local or state faceless bureaucrat - not even bothering with legislative action - decree that your terminally ill grandmother or child in the hospital must die alone for the common good? You people are out of your minds in begging to be slaves and serfs again.

Last edited:
A Republican voter strategy is to not get vaccinated to make Biden look bad? That would take obstruction to a new low.

Nothing about living in this world is fair... what helps some harms others. Get over it.

I challenge all of them to march their unvaccinated maskless selves into a covid hospital ward and inhale deeply for an hour.

No, that would be foolish. I challenge you to do so wearing your regular mask and do so yourself since you would be near perfectly safe.

Remember, "all the experts" say you should completely ignore the warning on the package your mask came in that it offer no protection from viruses whatsoever. Not one mask manufacturer on earth knows anything about the masks they sell.

The answer is because we do not worship any political leaders and certainly Trump does not control our brains like clearly from your messages he does you. "Trump" has absolute no relevancy nor ever has for my opinion about anything whatsoever about covid-19.

I am a hard core Trump supporter and an open critic of him as well. His style, crudeness and lack of emotional control ala stereotypical New Yorker is offense and foolish and I disagree with many of his actions and inactions. I do not support him running in 2024 for numerous reasons.

Trump means NOTHING to me about covid-19 and never has. Why would anyone listen to any politician about viral diseases?

Why is it impossible for you do anything but hate-on Trump and love on Biden and other Democrats? You have over 26,,000 messages over 12 years. Link to any seriously criticizing Obama, Biden, Pelosi or Schumer - about anything - ever. Can you?

I personally don't like Pelosi and her policies. Unlike you I know that no one Party has all the answers.
You do have one trait common with Trump. Alternative facts.

I bet Trump would not call you a supporter if you disagree with him. Look what he said about people he hand picked and hired.

If you took the time to see how many post I have made, then you have the time to search and find that what I have said about the Democrats you listed.

The forum rules restrain me from saying what I want to say.

On some topics, this is the case for me too.

ALL experts have admitted they lied in ways they believe endangered people's lives, admitting as motivate they would be who decides whose lives are more important. We know the Pfizer study is a lie, because none of the side effects happened are stated in their studies. Nearly everything of the demands within the 24/7 televised covid-19 bioterrorism campaign of the richest people and corporations on earth profit from this made any rational sense whatsoever. So much so, they have to censor and ban anything about covid-19 that is not in their profit - economic profit and power profit.

I understand almost no one ever dare change their mind, so people who destroyed their lives for over a year and got the vaccine will defend their words and actions has strongly as the most fanatical religious zealot. It the core nature of most people, including on this forum. It is not my nature.

On some topics, this is the case for me too.
I didn't read the comment I replied to and I'm not reading this one either.

Determine if anyone we know in our personal circle is at particular risk (health condition and or age) make sure that person can obtain what they need to avoid stores and other general public gatherings. If a regular church goer, to make sure this can be covered live by video and that person is with others of our circle of the same religion are with that person for services - and otherwise prevent the person being left alone.
We did the same. Worked from home, kids did school from home, had a tight bubble of two other families.
Avoid places such as all the places told to go during the lockdown - WalMart and big box stores.
Same, although I don't remember being told to GO to big box stores. We just had things delivered from Costco and Amazon. We wiped everything down with bleach wipes. When I did occasionally go to the store, I also wiped everything down when I came home. Work gloves and such until it was determined that Covid was much more likely to be airborne than via fomites.
Shift to a healthier diet and ramp up on vitamins, minerals and other OTCs.
We were already eating healthy.
If anyone does become sick, quaantine that person to a reasonable degree, monitored careful in case hospitalization.
Yes, exactly the same.
Avoid infants being around other than parents and siblings. If an infant or young child gains a fever or other indicator, take that child to our doctor.
Yup.
Ramp up our already very impressive air purification and filtration system, but also frequently air out the house and maintain good oxygen levels, plus allowing in as much sunlight as possible.
Same.
Circumstantially, to deliberately become infected - for the purpose of total quarantine - to become safe for visitations and activities, and safe for all family members and others. This also avoids both parents or too many acting in a caregiver role at the same time.
Yeah, I'm lost on this one.
Go on with our lives...Some will die of disease.
Only a fool substantially sacrifices the quality of their life to instead living in constant terror of their mortality.
Agreed. Though some people don't need a pandemic to do that.
How many good, fun, socially active years do you think you have left before old age eliminates much of our activities? Like a fool, most of you threw away over 1 year of your extremely limited lifetime so living in terror
You do project a lot, in fact to the point where I doubt you've ever met or spoken with people you label as "fools" and "chumps". I don't know anyone who was terrified or who threw time away. We tried to make the most of our forced time together as a family.
You people are irreversibly ruining everything.
Gotta love being identified as one of, "you people." The rest of you please step forward so I know whom I'm with.

A couple of things you left out that we did:
Consult with friends and family who were doctors and public health professionals to understand better the situation as it unfolded.
Looked for good info: one of the best sources I found was the podcast "PODCAST-19".

But, But, Trump gave us Warp Speed and is responsible for the US having the vaccine in record time. Why do Trump supporters hate Trump's vaccine?
Because they don't believe that idiot either. They aren't loyal because he's honest, they're loyal because they're sheep, and he's a wolf.

This will be going on my things that make me puke list.

We should all be aware of who we can and can't count on when sheet hits the fan in this country, who we can rely on. Those bad ass Republican boys are armed to kick American ass, not the enemy. Hopefully all are clear on this now.

The forum rules inhibit me from saying what I want to say.

I face that challenge sometimes, but not much any more since I increasingly care less and already know what most regular posters reply will be before they do.

My decisions on this are reasoned. What I don't do is incessantly accuse those on your side of killing people with covid-19 and causing it to so endure, when that is exactly what I believe is fact.

We did the same. Worked from home, kids did school from home, had a tight bubble of two other families.

Same, although I don't remember being told to GO to big box stores. We just had things delivered from Costco and Amazon. We wiped everything down with bleach wipes. When I did occasionally go to the store, I also wiped everything down when I came home. Work gloves and such until it was determined that Covid was much more likely to be airborne than via fomites.

We were already eating healthy.

Yes, exactly the same.

Yup.

Same.

Yeah, I'm lost on this one.

Agreed. Though some people don't need a pandemic to do that.

You do project a lot, in fact to the point where I doubt you've ever met or spoken with people you label as "fools" and "chumps". I don't know anyone who was terrified or who threw time away. We tried to make the most of our forced time together as a family.

Gotta love being identified as one of, "you people." The rest of you please step forward so I know whom I'm with.

A couple of things you left out that we did:
Consult with friends and family who were doctors and public health professionals to understand better the situation as it unfolded.
Looked for good info: one of the best sources I found was the podcast "PODCAST-19".

Yeah, "you people" is not the best wording - though such is thrown at anyone who supported Trump and everyone of opposing view points on covid 19.

Deliberating getting infected? With covid-19, as example, it was known that the risk factor to a health young adult is next to none. It most likely to be fully or nearly asymptomatic. Even if not, as if a case of the cold or mild flu. The common cold kills some people, even young healthy people, too - but also very rarely.

While the flu is rarely ever lethal to young and middle aged healthy people, it is debilitating, can make a person bed ridden, and is a person who should stay away from infants and those most at risk, and generally quarantine to some point, meaning the children stay out of that bedroom.

Since a person can be contagious and not yet have symptoms or be asymptomatic, they are not a very safe caregiver - and if both parents both become bedridden, the problem is obvious. So just get past it. Take the 1 in 10,000,000 chance - since you face lesser odds in life in general anyway. Then you are past it not only for yourself, but safe to be around and even intimate with others - whether it be kissing your infant baby or getting into a tongue battle with another consenting adult.

And I'll tell you another thing about this. It's a big deal to me and our nuclear social circle - or at least part of it.

Some mayor or department bureaucrat or commissioner or governor declaring a edict that not only am I and all of us ordered to never kiss each other unless and until that one person gives permission, but it is prohibited to touch anyone or come within 6 feet of them - just isn't going to happen.

I well understand the trappings of doing so, though am sure there are more, and covid-19 is no where near the top of that list.

Granted, a large portion of the forum is elderly and beyond such things, others - maybe most - never have and never will be like that. Some appear fairly reclusive - which may or may not be by choice. Many people are lonely and forums can be a good place to turn.

But that's not me. That's not my wife. That's not some other people we know too, including people we both touch and kiss - and visa versa. Not physical with strangers at all, not huggy touchy with the general public. But I enjoy touching and kissing and such certain type other people within my nuclear circle. I'm not giving that up because some executive orders me to do so based upon the word of so-called experts who openly admit they lie to manipulate people like me.

This will be going on my things that make me puke list.

We should all be aware of who we can and can't count on when sheet hits the fan in this country, who we can rely on. Those bad ass Republican boys are armed to kick American ass, not the enemy. Hopefully all are clear on this now.
That's actually a very good point. The right loves to act tough when it comes to loading up on weapons and threatening fellow americans. But when external threats are involved, not so much. Why aren't they just as eager to make foreign adversaries pry their guns from their cold dead fingers? I'm certain they can go fight, in a military or private capacity, against all the terrorist groups they claim to despise. So, will all the gun-celebrating DP posters take up arms per their claimed constitutional rights and go fight america's enemies? Or do they just "fight" (make threats) domestically for low taxes and promise to shoot anyone who sets foot on their private property?

Put differently, do our domestic tough guys do anything to help their country, or do they just terrorize fellow citizens with their proudly-declared ownership of guns and professed willingness to shoot anyone who dares to either set foot on their land, or make them feel unsafe for a fleeting moment, or otherwise impinge on their personal lists of non-nos? Do these people do anything good for anyone ever?

I just turned in my notice at my place of work, mostly because so many of my co-workers refuse to get vaxxed.

Obviously you do not believe masks or the vaccines work and claim those experts are all lying to you? Curious stance for a person claiming total terror of the air.

Some people have endless reasons to quit. Bet you weren't at that job long. What's the longest you've ever worked for the same employer?

Yeah, "you people" is not the best wording - though such is thrown at anyone who supported Trump and everyone of opposing view points on covid 19.

Deliberating getting infected? With covid-19, as example, it was known that the risk factor to a health young adult is next to none. It most likely to be fully or nearly asymptomatic. Even if not, as if a case of the cold or mild flu. The common cold kills some people, even young healthy people, too - but also very rarely.

While the flu is rarely ever lethal to young and middle aged healthy people, it is debilitating, can make a person bed ridden, and is a person who should stay away from infants and those most at risk, and generally quarantine to some point, meaning the children stay out of that bedroom.

Since a person can be contagious and not yet have symptoms or be asymptomatic, they are not a very safe caregiver - and if both parents both become bedridden, the problem is obvious. So just get past it. Take the 1 in 10,000,000 chance - since you face lesser odds in life in general anyway. Then you are past it not only for yourself, but safe to be around and even intimate with others - whether it be kissing your infant baby or getting into a tongue battle with another consenting adult.
That's interesting, but much more complicated than taking basic precautions not to get infected. Plus, you still run risks associated with bringing Covid into the house, as I assume the sacrificial infected person is going to quarantine at home. It would be interesting to know which was the better strategy statistically.

That's actually a very good point. The right loves to act tough when it comes to loading up on weapons and threatening fellow americans. But when external threats are involved, not so much. Why aren't they just as eager to make foreign adversaries pry their guns from their cold dead fingers? I'm certain they can go fight, in a military or private capacity, against all the terrorist groups they claim to despise. So, will all the gun-celebrating DP posters take up arms per their claimed constitutional rights and go fight america's enemies? Or do they just "fight" (make threats) domestically for low taxes and promise to shoot anyone who sets foot on their private property?

Put differently, do our domestic tough guys do anything to help their country, or do they just terrorize fellow citizens with their proudly-declared ownership of guns and professed willingness to shoot anyone who dares to either set foot on their land, or make them feel unsafe for a fleeting moment, or otherwise impinge on their personal lists of non-nos? Do these people do anything good for anyone ever?

What a truly juvenile message. Seriously. "I dare you to swim across that Florida swamp lagoon or you're a coward! Chicken!" "I dare you to inject what is in this needle or you're a coward! Chicken!" - said to someone who, though it's been nearly 20 years, not that uncommonly injected himself with substance I knew had the potential to kill me, called a "hot load."

It is all but certain I had covid-19 and likely most of us had, even possibly having infected each other. Agreeing to some genetic therapy to alter my auto immune - advised by admitted liars, based upon a non-FDA study and where it is fact the study has been proven a fake, and is not acting in the body as declared it would - is lunacy.

The terrified person is you, not me, obviously. You're terrified of me, aren't you? I am certain I wouldn't be afraid to be near you, nose to nose. Doesn't that make YOU the coward if either of us are? lol

That's interesting, but much more complicated than taking basic precautions not to get infected. Plus, you still run risks associated with bringing Covid into the house, as I assume the sacrificial infected person is going to quarantine at home. It would be interesting to know which was the better strategy statistically.

I did quarantine myself when hit with what seemed a hard flu -more than how flu hits me - so all but certainly covid-19. I did not self infect. This was March or so last year and do so at a motel - all but vacant with all tourism off - and did so for 3 weeks. The motel knew why I was there. I would meet with the family at picnic tables under a roof, down wind for meals and otherwise.

My wife, her decision, then deliberately self infected and took that room - for 3 weeks. We then both were safe caregivers and safe otherwise in relation to covid-19. If what I had was not covid-19, she would have infected me, but did not.

For all the terror talk at that time about covid-19 it seemed best. In reflection for risk factors, should have just done as would have been done for the flu or a cold - quarantine at home.

On an anonymous forum anyone can claim anything, but in my RL history none would question the sacrifice I would make for any of my children nor my lack of cowardice in such regards.

We tried. Sane people tried really hard.

The really dumb people are just going to have to accept their fate or the older people that this virus continues to reach (through them) will just have to suffer the fate. There's not a whole lot that we can do about it this point. They just won't listen.

Back
Top Bottom