• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

North Korea Just Set Off a Nuclear Weapon

Funny, even as the NK threat was growing, and even as china and russia have been major obstacles to progress on the UN security council, russia , china and NK have been the benefators of billions of dollars of tax payer backed (inflationary fiat money) loans through the IMF and the world bank, allowing them to strengthen miltarily and still manage to feed their malnourished people.
A resounding victory for the CFR and TLC and globalist financeers.

gynks2001 said:
a nuke is a nuke.
Nkorea and Skorea are way to close to attempt something like that.
plus, Hawaii wont be his first target... Hes got much bigger enemies than the US.
China, Japan, Skorea are all probably higher on the list then Hawaii.
We can let them deal with it.

Aw, crap: I'm in Hawaii. :doh

But let's think logically. This runs on the premise that the guy's crazy enough to nuke a place. He would know that as soon as the bomb explodes, he's gonna get a reaction, and not necessarily a pleasant one. Who would react to a nuclear attack in the most dangerous fashion? Well, probably the USA. What I'm trying to say is this:

He could nuke South Korea. We'd nuke him.

He could nuke Japan. We'd nuke him.

He could nuke China. We'd nuke him.

He could nuke the Hawaii. We'd nuke him, but he'd get in a shot.

Duke

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Ya and now we have a nuclear armed North Korea instead of a smoldering crater. Which one would you rather have?
I find this post outrageously offensive. What sort of human being advocates the destruction of millions of people? You make me sick.

I don't know how many declared enemies of the United States are actively seeking nuclear weapons? Oh ya two, so your whole stone age assertion is only true if you think that anyone would actually miss Iran or North Korea, anyone? Anyone? Show of hands who would miss them?
Your advocating killing 100 million human beings. You're no better than America's worst enemies. Congratulations!:(

McTojo said:
There is no official confirmation of a nuclear test by N. Korea. It could be a bluff by Kim Jong II. Remember, in 1994 the U.S. drew up plans to launch pre-emptive strikes against N.Korean silos, but those plans were scraped in hopes that six-party talks would be more diplomatic.

Don't believe the hype. N.Korea would be obliterated if she actually launched a nuclear missle...

What N.Korea has done will probably cause Japan to go nuclear.

true and talking heads like Dick Morris are saying the US ought to immediately get Japan nuclear

26 X World Champs said:
I find this post outrageously offensive. What sort of human being advocates the destruction of millions of people? You make me sick.

spare us the indignation. all we need is NK selling its missile and nuke technology to the jihadists or that nutcase hitting Seoul with with a medium range missile.

Duke said:
Aw, crap: I'm in Hawaii. :doh

But let's think logically. This runs on the premise that the guy's crazy enough to nuke a place. He would know that as soon as the bomb explodes, he's gonna get a reaction, and not necessarily a pleasant one. Who would react to a nuclear attack in the most dangerous fashion? Well, probably the USA. What I'm trying to say is this:

He could nuke South Korea. We'd nuke him.

He could nuke Japan. We'd nuke him.

He could nuke China. We'd nuke him.

He could nuke the Hawaii. We'd nuke him, but he'd get in a shot.

Duke

he nukes china and every single person in NK as well as more than a few people in SK would hit farenheit 3000 degrees about 7 minutes later

TurtleDude said:
he nukes china and every single person in NK as well as more than a few people in SK would hit farenheit 3000 degrees about 7 minutes later

Was this an even remotely sensible post?

Are you trying to say this:

"If he (Kim) nukes China, North Korea would then get nuked."

Did you honestly think I didn't know that? I thought I made that abundantly clear in my post. Did you read it?

I have an honest question: Do you post just to hit "Submit Reply"? Because there really isn't any content to much of what you're saying.

Duke

We need to do something to show this is serious. very serious.

Something drastic.

Something they won't forget.

We need to talk to them (unless that's giving into their demands lol)

So how about we get a blog pool going on how long it takes ABC to blame all this on Clinton while poor Gerge couldn't stop anything in the last 6 years because of the Dems? (you know it's coming)

26 X World Champs said:

The same kind of person who advocated taking out Hitler before he got the chance to build up his war machine which eventually cost the lives of far far more people than it would have cost to take him out while we still could. It's not our fault that we're now in this impossible position with only one way out that's Kim Jong il's fault. A nuclear armed North Korea is simply unacceptable, especially considering that they have already proven willing to export nuclear technology as they did with the Libyans which was proven when Khadafi disarmed.

Joby said:
We need to talk to them (unless that's giving into their demands lol)

Oh ya cuz that's worked out real well so far.

So how about we get a blog pool going on how long it takes ABC to blame all this on Clinton while poor Gerge couldn't stop anything in the last 6 years because of the Dems? (you know it's coming)

Well Clinton did basically hand them the bomb.

The same kind of person who advocated taking out Hitler before he got the chance to build up his war machine which eventually cost the lives of far far more people than it would have cost to take him out while we still could.

But wait, you're the one who said that the first person to make a Hitler comparison loses the argument!

Just kiddin', Trajan ol' buddy. ;)

Duke

Duke said:
Was this an even remotely sensible post?

Are you trying to say this:

"If he (Kim) nukes China, North Korea would then get nuked."

Did you honestly think I didn't know that? I thought I made that abundantly clear in my post. Did you read it?

I have an honest question: Do you post just to hit "Submit Reply"? Because there really isn't any content to much of what you're saying.

Duke

with all those answers why waste bandwidth with questions?

Duke said:
But wait, you're the one who said that the first person to make a Hitler comparison loses the argument!

Just kiddin', Trajan ol' buddy. ;)

Duke

That only works when the analogy isn't apt and considering that Kim Jonk menatlly Il'lin who's in need of some killin', is the worst human rights abuser on the plannet I'd say that it is indeed an apt analogy.

Also, you should read the fine print I now invoke Quirk's Exception.

jfuh said:
Been there done that, remember? Korean war mean anything to you?
Everything is military solution for you isn't it? You should read up on Eisenhower - MIC.

Ya well you should read up on Macarthur the only thing that pushed the North Koreans and the Chinese back across the 38th parrallel was the threat of a nuclear first strike.

Hobbes said:
Just to clarify are you attempting to say that the "nuclear technology" Clinton "gave" North Korea through the AgreedFramework somehow helped them to create a nuclear bomb?

I most certainly am the two light water reactors provided by the Clinton administration could produce 500 kilograms of plutonium in spent reactor fuel; enough for nearly 100 bombs annually. Nuclear weapons aren't hard to make once you have the fissille material.

North Korea Advisory Group

Report to

The Speaker

U.S. House of Representatives

November 1999

Spent Fuel from the Two Light Water Reactors: If the 1994 Agreed Framework is implemented and two LWRs are eventually built and operated in North Korea, the reactors could produce close to 500 kilograms of plutonium in spent reactor fuel each year; enough for nearly 100 bombs annually if North Korea decides to break its obligations and reprocess the material.(23) Such plutonium, while not weapons-grade, can be used to produce nuclear weapons and does not present an overwhelming barrier to those pursuing a dedicated nuclear weapons program.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkag-report.htm

Last edited:
TurtleDude said:
with all those answers why waste bandwidth with questions?

Naw, the only question I needed an answer to was this one:

And you just answered it.

Duke

That only works when the analogy isn't apt and considering that Kim Jonk menatlly Il'lin who's in need of some killin', is the worst human rights abuser on the plannet I'd say that it is indeed an apt analogy.

Also, you should read the fine print I now invoke Quirk's Exception.

Makin' up exceptions now, are we Trajan? How typical :roll:

;) :mrgreen:

Duke

Duke said:
Makin' up exceptions now, are we Trajan? How typical :roll:

;) :mrgreen:

Duke

I make up nothing:

6. "Hitler!" Ha! The thread is over!

Nope, doesn't work that way. Not only is it wrong to say that a
thread is over when Godwin's Law is invoked anyway (Usenet threads
virtually always outlive their usefulness), but long ago a corollary to
the Law was proposed and accepted by Taki "Quirk" Kogama (quirk@swcp.com):

Quirk's Exception: Intentional invocation of this so-called
"Nazi Clause" is ineffectual.

Sorry, folks. Nice try, though.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/

I make up nothing:

Trajan Octavian Titus: This whole "taking Duke seriously" has got to stop.:mrgreen:

Duke

I thank God that TOT is NOT part of Bush's administration.

Best thing he can do is immerse himself thoroughly in whatever book he is attempting to write and leave the remainder of us and the regular administration in peace.
Without his obsessive demands for Nuclear war we may all be able to constructively post on this and other threads.

I usually enjoy reading his initial post, but having read it once, I can guarantee that his successive posts are merely reiterations of his first post.

Another reason is that his first post usually has correctly spelt words, whereas after his words are, well to put it mildly "Mangled", making it really difficult to make some sense of whatever point he is trying to put across.

jujuman13 said:
I agree with him in that NKorea must be taken seriosuly, just not by us... we should be preparing for Iran rather then wasting time on Il...

jujuman13 said:

Best thing he can do is immerse himself thoroughly in whatever book he is attempting to write and leave the remainder of us and the regular administration in peace.

Without his obsessive demands for Nuclear war we may all be able to constructively post on this and other threads.

Well what do you suggest? Diplomacy and sanctions obviously don't work the only option left to remove this threat to our national security and the national security of our allies is to take military action and there is no way that anything short of a fullscale nuclear first strike will destroy their nuclear capacity they are simply to far dug in and even if they weren't are we really going to rely on the same Intelligence Community that told us for certain that they knew where Saddam's WMD sites were to tell us where all of North Koreas nuclear programs are located?

I usually enjoy reading his initial post, but having read it once, I can guarantee that his successive posts are merely reiterations of his first post.

Ya if my first point hasn't been refuted then why should I change my argument? To do that would be a shifting goal posts fallacy.

Another reason is that his first post usually has correctly spelt words, whereas after his words are, well to put it mildly "Mangled", making it really difficult to make some sense of whatever point he is trying to put across.

Damn grammar Nazi's.

Well what do you suggest? Diplomacy and sanctions obviously don't work the only option left to remove this threat to our national security and the national security of our allies is to take military action .
Doesn't matter what Bush decides to do, it won't be good enough for those willing to do anything to regain power. When Bush used military action, they said we didn't try diplomacy long enough. Now (with NKorea) when Bush tries diplomatic steps, the dems are outraged that he isn't taking military action. The new left mantra should be: Politics at every turn and national security be damned.

Diplomacy and sanctions obviously don't work
true...

the only option left to remove this threat to our national security and the national security of our allies is to take military action
again I agree..
and there is no way that anything short of a fullscale nuclear first strike will destroy their nuclear capacity they are simply to far dug in
Now heres where i start to disagree... NKorea is a VERY, VERY small country, nuking them will end up destroying SKorea as well as parts of China. China and SKorea are both WAY to important for us to disintegrate.
are we really going to rely on the same Intelligence Community that told us for certain that they knew where Saddam's WMD sites were to tell us where all of North Koreas nuclear programs are located?
well its much easier this time... we can measure amounts of radiation in the air etc. to determine where nuclear activity is occuring.

Well what do you suggest?
I know this question wasnt directed at me, but there really is no point of us waisting time on something Japan China and SK can do themselves....
We have bigger threats then NKorea.

Back
Top Bottom