• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

North Korea Just Set Off a Nuclear Weapon

Captain America said:
Wasn't it Nixon that made it acceptable to crawl in bed with China?

Whoda thunk it would have lead to this?

Yeah, and if I am not mistaken, we have been the world's largest exporter of missile technology for the last 50 years or so. Then again, all that said, its still amazing to me that after their guy has been in office for 6 years, they are still trying to blame all his **** ups on the guy who had the job before him. It is just pathetic if you ask me.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Yeah, and if I am not mistaken, we have been the world's largest exporter of missile technology for the last 50 years or so. Then again, all that said, its still amazing to me that after their guy has been in office for 6 years, they are still trying to blame all his **** ups on the guy who had the job before him. It is just pathetic if you ask me.

The way I see it, it is a domino effect and everyone has their share of the blame to bear. One thing just leads to another.

Myself, I prefer to live in the here and now but to ignore the sins of the past does not help to understand the present.

Captain America said:
Myself, I prefer to live in the here and now but to ignore the sins of the past does not help to understand the present.

You'll read that exact same qoutein two years from those blaming Clinton now. They'll be saying that to those blaming Bush for problems when the new president is in office.

easyt65 said:
Probably not - I don't think giving the Chinese the ability to make a phone call equates to giving the ability to NUKE US! :rofl
It would give the Chinese military intel service control over the US Army's phone lines. That's okay by you I s'pose. Fortunately, the FBI and the NSA et al put the kaibosh on the plan vbecause it respresented such a grave threat to natl security.

easyt65 said:
Well HE!!, SD - why didn't you say so?! 'Highest approval ratings since FDR' trumps the China-gate treason, giving NK nukes, adultery, perjury, witness tampering, file gate, murder, etc EVERY TIME! Thank God for polls!

Yeah, he has been out of office for more than 6 years, and as i pointed out we are still having to deal with his legacy, from Sandy BURGLAR to a nuclear-armed NK with upgraded missile technology from the Chinese military they got from Clinton!

Wrong, but you were close! You were close, though - No one outside the extremely partisan Bush-hating Dems/libs would try to sell it!

First of all anyone who calls China an enemy is a moron. Our enemies in the modern world are Iran, Syria, Islamic Terrorists, and North Korea. China is our biggest trading partner and an ally in the "war on terror". So what if China gets missile technology. They already have decent ICBMs and have the second best military in the world(mostly because of numbers). Selling technology just improves ties between the U.S. and China and leaves more money in our pockets.

I don't understand why you keep blaming Clinton, when he actually tried to do something, unlike Bush who has let North Korea make 8 nukes during his two terms. It is estimated by the intel community that if the North Koreans did make nukes there were probally 2 of them made. You keep complaining about Clinton doing nothing while he actually tried to do something during his first term and Bush hasn't done **** and probally won't.

The adultery is none of your ******* business. JFK did that stuff too okay and so have many other men. It has nothing to do with the man's policy and don't give me bs about him giving our country's secrets to his lover. I can't imagine it.

Gibberish said:
You'll read that exact same qoutein two years from those blaming Clinton now. They'll be saying that to those blaming Bush for problems when the new president is in office.

Here are the bribes Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter gave to North Korea to stop developing nuclear weapons:

-more than $5 billion worth of oil,
-two nuclear reactors
-lots of high technology.

The 1994 deal permitted the North Koreans to evade weapons inspectors for the next five years.

They immediately began breaking the agreement and developing nukes anyway.

The New York Times verified on the front page on 10-17-02 that, "North Korea has admitted that it has been conducting a major clandestine nuclear weapons development program for the past several years."

Do the math.

That means Democrats who are now saying that things were all peachy and Kim Jong Il had given up his nuclear program until Bush called him evil-are lying through their teeth.

I think you are mistaking conservatives for Democrats. We don't reward Congressmen for screwing pages and then demand leadership resignations when another Congressman sends a dirty email.

We don't switch positions at will to meet our needs. We argue the facts, and the undeniable fact here is that Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter are why North Korea is nuclear.

Incidentally, Democrats are also why we have no missile defense (remember how they freaked about SDI, the interceptor program, etc?).

Gibberish said:

Oh, I'm sure of it. In fact, many sound now, (that the GOP is up to their ears in scandal,) just like the Clinton apologists did when it was the dems who were neck deep in horsey poop.

Forgive my overusage of the word apologist. Truth be known, I'm not really sure I know what that means exactly as Stinger pointed out to me in another thread a few days back. When I use it, I mean to say "those who make excuses for." If that is the wrong meaning for it, please pardon my ignorance.:3oops:

Here are the bribes Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter gave to North Korea to stop developing nuclear weapons:

Whoa! Hold the presses! I thought we didn't do business with China! :confused:

No, wait. I forgot about Nixon.

Nevermind. Carry on.

bismitch said:
First of all anyone who calls China an enemy is a moron.
No need for name calling. Unless, of course you've run out of legitmate debate. If that's the case and you can no longer debate legitmately, then by all means resort to what you have left - gradeschool name-calling. But, please do so in the Basement rather than in the debate forums.

aquapub said:
Incidentally, Democrats are also why we have no missile defense (remember how they freaked about SDI, the interceptor program, etc?).

Not true. We do have a limited NMD system in place--

--much to the chagrin of those Democrats you mention, who would rather leave us defenseless against lunatics like Kim Jong.

aquapub said:

-more than $5 billion worth of oil,
-two nuclear reactors
-lots of high technology.

The 1994 deal permitted the North Koreans to evade weapons inspectors for the next five years.

They immediately began breaking the agreement and developing nukes anyway.

The New York Times verified on the front page on 10-17-02 that, "North Korea has admitted that it has been conducting a major clandestine nuclear weapons development program for the past several years."

Do the math.

That means Democrats who are now saying that things were all peachy and Kim Jong Il had given up his nuclear program until Bush called him evil-are lying through their teeth.

I think you are mistaking conservatives for Democrats. We don't reward Congressmen for screwing pages and then demand leadership resignations when another Congressman sends a dirty email.

We don't switch positions at will to meet our needs. We argue the facts, and the undeniable fact here is that Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter are why North Korea is nuclear.

First thing, all of incentives in the bribe were benefits to civilians. I suppose the oil could be used by the military, but most of these bribes helped the citizens of that country.

No, the deal did not leave the inspectors out. The inspectors were expelled from North Korea after Bush cut off their oil shipments in 2002.

I'm not a democrat or a republican, I'm a liberal. I don't think either cases mean that the person should resign.

bismitch said:
First of all anyone who calls China an enemy is a moron. Our enemies in the modern world are Iran, Syria, Islamic Terrorists, and North Korea.
China and Russia do not want to place a sanction on NK that would pevent NK from selling its newly acquired nukes/nuclear technology to those very same terrorists...and you still think China and russia is our 'BUDDY/ALLY'?

China is our biggest trading partner and an ally in the "war on terror". So what if China gets missile technology. They already have decent ICBMs and have the second best military in the world(mostly because of numbers). Selling technology just improves ties between the U.S. and China and leaves more money in our pockets.

China is our 'ally' completely out of necessity, because their economy demands that they deal with us. Given the opportunity to replace our income with another source, do you think they would continue to have such an amiable relationship with us? Before clinton orchestrated the sale of missile technology to the Chinese military, all - 100% - of their long range missile tests failed! Shortly after his deal and armed with that new technology, they began having successful missile tests. The UK is an ally that has and will continue to stand the test of time. China tolerates us for now only because their economy dictates that. If/when they can get to a point where they can cut their dependency on the U.S. dollar, they will cease to be amiable...and they will be armed with the ability to strike the U.S. with out own missile technology sold to them by our Ex-President! If it giving them that technology was no big deal, then why was it outlawed before Clinton did what he did? Why did the Clinton administration put up the roadblocks to prevent the FBI and CIA from investigating the deal?

bismitch said:
I don't understand why you keep blaming Clinton, when he actually tried to do something, unlike Bush who has let North Korea make 8 nukes during his two terms. It is estimated by the intel community that if the North Koreans did make nukes there were probally 2 of them made.

Yes, Clinton did something - he provided North Korea with the technology required to build nukes as a form of appeasement to convince them NOT to build nukes! You forgot to mention that those 8 nukes were built with the technology Clinton gave NK. [BTW, where did you get '8' from - link please?]

bismitch said:
You keep complaining about Clinton doing nothing while he actually tried to do something during his first term and Bush hasn't done **** and probally won't.

Clinton negotiated with NK time and again, even amidst the times it was uncovered that NK broke its promises over and over. just like China today, Clinton sought to continue to appease them just to bring them back to the table. every time they came back to the table, the U.N./negotiators gave more, NK broke their promises and benefitted, and the world was $crewed over again! in the end, Clinton brokered a deal that provided NK with the reactors/materials they needed to build nukes as opart of this ridiculous merry-go-round BS...which has proven once again (as even Madelin Albright recently acknowledged) has blown up in our faces!

Are you faulting Bush for not appeasing them the same way Clinton and the rest of the negotiating teams have done - quite unsuccessfully - as well? Potentially armed with nukes now due to that UN/Dem-approved method, NK seeks to blackmail us with nukes into 1-on-1 party talks, which is equivalent to negotiating with terrorists and/or appeasing an enemy who has made a mockery and a fool of the U.S. and the rest of the negotiators for years!

The Dems on this board criticize Bush for saying all options are on the table, demanding that military action should not be on the table, in favor of continuing the traditional and highly un-successful pattern/routine of appeasement, negotiations, incentives, and getting lied to/$crewed over with nothing accomplished but NK getting what they want! If that is your criticism of Bush, that he has refused to continue to repeat the mistakes of the past, then i am fine with that!

What I am hearing is that Clinton gets no responsibility for his failed policies with NK, his failed negotiations with NK, his arming NK with the reactors/materials required to build their nukes, BUT BUSH gets hammered for not engaging in the same failed negotiations that have us where we are today and blamed for the continuous failure of the U.N. to do anything relevant/significant to stop nuclear proliferation, the spread of terrorism, or any of the other problems the world is having today!

bismitch said:
The adultery is none of your ******* business. JFK did that stuff too okay and so have many other men. It has nothing to do with the man's policy and don't give me bs about him giving our country's secrets to his lover. I can't imagine it.
WRONG! His adultery in the White House IS mine and every American Citizen's problem!

When he embaraces the United States, disgraces the office of the President and his role as world leader, diminishing his ability to influence world leaders and decisions abroad, it is very much my business! When he lies on TV to the whole world and then is proven to be a liar, destroying his credibility not only at home but also abroad with key world figures, with whom trust and credibility is key to conducting business and forging alliances, it is very MUCH mybusiness! When he, as my President and leader, disgraces this nation and makes it a laughing stock around the world, reducing this nation's President to the butt of a joke, it is VERY much my business!

More importantly - which you Democrats try to distract from...

When a President, a pathelogical liar and sexual predator - proven time and again byhis own actions throughout his political history/career, commits perjury and witnes tampering - breaking his oathof office, breaking his vow to defend the Constitution of the United States, breaking his oath to protect those rights of American Citizens by attempting to strip an American of her Constitutional right to a fair trial, just to save his miserable @$$ while under oath in a federal court of law - THAT IS VERY MUCH MY BUSINESS & VERY MUCH A VALID REASON FOR IMPEACHMENT!

While that does demonstrate his disregard for the law, the constitution, American citizens, and anything restricting him from what he wanted throughout his history/career, it doesn't have much to do with the fact that he committed treason by exchanging missile technology with the Chinese military for campaign money or failed in his foreign policy with NK that consisted of appeasing NK by providing them with technology to build a successful nuclear weapons program!

Last edited:
Simon W. Moon said:
No need for name calling. Unless, of course you've run out of legitmate debate. If that's the case and you can no longer debate legitmately, then by all means resort to what you have left - gradeschool name-calling. But, please do so in the Basement rather than in the debate forums.
thanks, Moon...and sorry if I did so.

For those who doubted that it was a nuclear test, traces of radiation have now been found. They are now speculating whether that it was a successful test or a dud. I dont think we are in a position to assume that it was a dud. We should assume that it was successful, and take appropriate action.

Goobieman said:
Not true. We do have a limited NMD system in place--

--much to the chagrin of those Democrats you mention, who would rather leave us defenseless against lunatics like Kim Jong.

Yes, we do. But every conservative who has sought to make it useful, reliable has been ridiculed and verbally assaulted by liberals for even considering it.

Now here we sit vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom