• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Carolina judges block voter ID law, saying it discriminates against Black people

The facts do indeed, the MAGA crowd refuses to see the GOP trying to keep a strangle hold on the right to vote... ✌️
EVERY U.S. citizen age 18 or older, with very few exceptions, is entitled to vote.
If you have a problem with the MAGA crowd, take it up with them.
I belong to the "Lets try and resolve some issues instead of incessantly complain" crowd.

There are standards? We just thought we could say anyone can get an ID.🙄
That is definitely the view of the most ardent partisans. It's beyond nonsense, it's deliberately dishonest.

EVERY U.S. citizen age 18 or older, with very few exceptions, is entitled to vote.
If you have a problem with the MAGA crowd, take it up with them.
I belong to the "Lets try and resolve some issues instead of incessantly complain" crowd.
MAGA dodge- entitled isn't the same as allowed access. (You must be very young to not know about the voter poll tax/tests laws)

There are no issues- that is the MAGA cover story... ✌️

MAGA dodge- entitled isn't the same as allowed access. (You must be very young to not know about the voter poll tax/tests laws)

There are no issues- that is the MAGA cover story... ✌️
As I said, you need to take that up with the MAGA crowd.

As I said, you need to take that up with the MAGA crowd.
I do, but you're the one mimicking them. Almost word for word. There is no issue but MAGAs, and those who agree with them, are trying to gin up a problem for their solution. Of course it is no solution but vote suppression... :cautious:

Have a nice day... ✌️

I do, but you're the one mimicking them. Almost word for word. There is no issue but MAGAs, and those who agree with them, are trying to gin up a problem for their solution. Of course it is no solution but vote suppression... :cautious:

Have a nice day... ✌️
Then let's find a solution to make voter suppression as near impossible as possible.

Then let's find a solution to make voter suppression as near impossible as possible.
We had one. The southern states had to have changes in voter eligibility and registration reviewed by the courts to make sure they were not disenfranchising or unfair to the poor and minorities. The SC said it was not longer necessary and repealed the requirement. The southern state immediately passed highly restrictive laws.

The facts do indeed, the MAGA crowd refuses to see the GOP trying to keep a strangle hold on the right to vote... ✌️
Just like the border. We want only people who are supposed to come into our country coming in. We want only people who are supposed to vote voting. It is the left who think our rights do not need to be protected. How do you make sure the people voting are old enough or are even US citizens? You have to have some way to ID the person voting. I can't get on a plane without going through a Gestapo Check Point but when it comes to voting the left doesn't care to even check and see that the person is who they say they are and are even supposed to vote.

Just like the border. We want only people who are supposed to come into our country coming in. We want only people who are supposed to vote voting. It is the left who think our rights do not need to be protected. How do you make sure the people voting are old enough or are even US citizens? You have to have some way to ID the person voting. I can't get on a plane without going through a Gestapo Check Point but when it comes to voting the left doesn't care to even check and see that the person is who they say they are and are even supposed to vote.
Ahhh MAGA deflection... who is the 'we' who get to decide who comes in this Nation??? :cautious:

'We' all only want those qualified to vote casting ballots. Where 'we' disagree is we want ALL who can vote to be able to do so and without contrived barriers... :unsure:

Godwinning the TSA are we??? Someone has forgotten 9/11... :confused:

Now Moa Zedong MAGA Big Lies- not one Kraken, Krackpot theory has held up once stats were applied. Face it, the Rabid Right voter suppression laws are not to ensure valid votes are cast but rather the RIGHT votes are cast... ✌️

Shame on those North Carolina judges for refusing to support laws that prevent crooked elections.

The United States Supreme Court may not have the courage to support the law because the conservative justices are already shaking in their boots at the possibility of court packing.

Sorry you didn't get your Jim Crow.

Ahhh MAGA deflection... who is the 'we' who get to decide who comes in this Nation??? :cautious:
Our laws. The same laws that also tell us who is allowed to vote. ID is the means to determine if you belong in this country or not according to our laws. People lie and have no respect for our laws. 10's of millions of them have entered this country illegally and lie even when caught. I am supposed to trust these lawless liars here illegally. No we clearly need to protect our right to vote with ID because these people entering our country illegally are not trust worthy. I have been helping citizens get registered to vote every year for close to 40 years now.
'We' all only want those qualified to vote casting ballots. Where 'we' disagree is we want ALL who can vote to be able to do so and without contrived barriers... :unsure:
The fact you have to prove who you are to vote in this country is not a barrier. ID is the means to determine the person voting is a citizen and has the right to vote in this country. I have worked the polls most of my adult life all across this country. ID is not a barrier but the means to prove that the people voting are supposed to be voting. The only person that will be stopped form voting due to ID are the people who are not supposed to vote.

The people coming across the border for the most part are applying for amnesty. Our laws say they have a legal right to do that. The problem is not the people coming in it's the lack of judges and staff to review the amnesty applications that is making for illegals. Hire more judges and staff and the problem is solved. Sowhy didn't Republicans hire

Almost 100% of the people voting are the people that are supposed to be voting. People are generally responsible and honest. They are who they say they are. Voter fraud is a figment of the Republican imagination. And there is this process called registration that Democrats use to sign up new voters which weeds out those not eligible to vote so when Election Day arrives those going to the polls have already been checked.

Our laws. The same laws that also tell us who is allowed to vote. ID is the means to determine if you belong in this country or not according to our laws. People lie and have no respect for our laws. 10's of millions of them have entered this country illegally and lie even when caught. I am supposed to trust these lawless liars here illegally. No we clearly need to protect our right to vote with ID because these people entering our country illegally are not trust worthy. I have been helping citizens get registered to vote every year for close to 40 years now.

The fact you have to prove who you are to vote in this country is not a barrier. ID is the means to determine the person voting is a citizen and has the right to vote in this country. I have worked the polls most of my adult life all across this country. ID is not a barrier but the means to prove that the people voting are supposed to be voting. The only person that will be stopped form voting due to ID are the people who are not supposed to vote.
Again, argue however you wish, there has been no proof any election was compromised under the current system(s).
None
None
None.

Whine and wave your arms, but the fact is there are enough safeguards to prevent the '10's of millions' who shouldn't vote from voting. The MAGA new laws cut down on a popular form of voting with ZERO proof it allows illegal votes to sway an election... ✌️

20%2B00017.jpg

We had one. The southern states had to have changes in voter eligibility and registration reviewed by the courts to make sure they were not disenfranchising or unfair to the poor and minorities. The SC said it was not longer necessary and repealed the requirement. The southern state immediately passed highly restrictive laws.
Either there is an issue needing to be solved or there is not.

The people coming across the border for the most part are applying for amnesty. Our laws say they have a legal right to do that.

Wrong the people crossing our border are bringing drugs into our country. They are people working illegally and not paying income taxes along with the criminals who hire them.

The ones claiming asylum are not in our country legally. If they were fleeing persecution from Mexico and crossing our border then it would be legal.

When they crossed the border into Mexico they were no longer fleeing persecution. They should have applied for asylum when they crossed the border into Mexico. Instead they refused asylum because they never needed asylum. Instead they traveled another 1000 miles across Mexico not fleeing for their lives but in an attempt to circumvent our immigration laws. Anyone with half a brain can see through that lie. Well maybe not the left.
Almost 100% of the people voting are the people that are supposed to be voting. People are generally responsible and honest. They are who they say they are. Voter fraud is a figment of the Republican imagination. And there is this process called registration that Democrats use to sign up new voters which weeds out those not eligible to vote so when Election Day arrives those going to the polls have already been checked.
Well if this is true then there is no need for ID in this country. If one of our most sacred rights do not need protection in the form of ID to identify the bad people then we have no need for police or check points at our airports or anywhere else.

The people coming across the border for the most part are applying for amnesty. Our laws say they have a legal right to do that. The problem is not the people coming in it's the lack of judges and staff to review the amnesty applications that is making for illegals. Hire more judges and staff and the problem is solved. Sowhy didn't Republicans hire

Immigration is just another issue needing a solution.

Almost? It's the people who aren't responsible and/or honest we need to worry about, and they DON'T usually say who they are. HOW can it be proven no fraud occurred in a secret ballot election, by either individual voters or vote counters?
Registration should ONLY be required to vote in a primary, the 19th and 26th amendments guarantees that Right to ALL citizens of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older.

Immigration is just another issue needing a solution.

Almost? It's the people who aren't responsible and/or honest we need to worry about, and they DON'T usually say who they are. HOW can it be proven no fraud occurred in a secret ballot election, by either individual voters or vote counters?
Registration should ONLY be required to vote in a primary, the 19th and 26th amendments guarantees that Right to ALL citizens of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older.
How do you know if I am 18 other than ID? How do you know I am a citizen without ID?

How do you know if I am 18 other than ID? How do you know I am a citizen without ID?
I keep saying a National ID smart card replacement for our Social Security Card could easily resolve that issue, or non-issue as some claim it to be.
I've even suggested that it be made mandatory only for Caucasians initially, while minorities would only be included 18 years later, since the ID card would be produced at birth, and 18 years would allow those older persons time to acquire their cards.
A unique 10 digit base 64 number would provide for 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 unique numbers, enough for every individual in every country to be given a unique number, without need to reuse for a few billion years, if we don't become extinct before then.

Wrong the people crossing our border are bringing drugs into our country.
The number of migrants apprehended by Border Patrol at the U.S.-Mexico border in 2018—396,579 people—was the fifth lowest total since 1973. The number of adult migrants traveling without families (239,331) was almost certainly the second-lowest total since 1970.
40 percent of apprehended migrants were children and family members. That’s a new record, and was unthinkable as recently as 2012, when this proportion reached 10 percent for the first time.

Mid-2017 testimony from Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost explains that of about 260,000 children who arrived unaccompanied during the previous nearly six years, only 159 were even suspected of gang affiliation. Of this 0.06 percent of unaccompanied kids, about 56 were suspected of MS-13 membership.

Seeking asylum is legal under both domestic and international law—even during a pandemic. People arriving at the U.S. border have the right to request asylum without being criminalized, turned back to danger or separated from their families.
There is also a large backlog of asylum cases from unaccompanied children: over half of those who have crossed the U.S. border since 2014 (nearly 300,000) still have cases pending.

In 2019, a Center for Migration Studies of New York study found that for the seventh consecutive year, the number of visa overstays significantly surpassed the number of unauthorized border crossings; "from 2016-2017, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally."
The ones claiming asylum are not in our country legally. If they were fleeing persecution from Mexico and crossing our border then it would be legal. When they crossed the border into Mexico they were no longer fleeing persecution. They should have applied for asylum when they crossed the border into Mexico. Instead they refused asylum because they never needed asylum. Instead they traveled another 1000 miles across Mexico not fleeing for their lives but in an attempt to circumvent our immigration laws.
One of the links above explained that when fleeing Central American countries there is no way and no time for people to stop in the local embassy and pick up a handy little Visa card. and someone seeking asylum doesn't have to enter the US directly from the country.one is fleeing.

The number of migrants apprehended by Border Patrol at the U.S.-Mexico border in 2018—396,579 people—was the fifth lowest total since 1973. The number of adult migrants traveling without families (239,331) was almost certainly the second-lowest total since 1970.

The number caught does not tell us how many did not get caught. We can post he said she said all day long and come up with all kinds of different answers depending on the questions asked.

I have watched it first hand in Southern Arizona. I watched the border patrol go down from our advantage point and apprehend 2 illegals. As soon as he drove off to process the 2 illegals the 100's of illegals came through just like he said they would. The 2 he picked up were decoys to get the border patrol out of the area so the main group could get through. They send 2 at a time about an hour apart until our Border Patrol goes and gets the 2. The illegals know as soon as he leaves to process the ones he caught it is a free for all for the rest of the day. I could do nothing unless they entered our post. So I sat in my jeep getting paid to watch a bunch of criminals break our laws. It is sad when a police officer has to sit and watch our laws being broken and is under orders to look the other way. Sad our military cannot secure our border. However as a MP and soldier I can secure the border of other countries all around the world though.

Whether by discriminatory Jim Crow voting laws or by racial gerrymandering, Republicans are always working to stifle the votes of people of color.

If they put as much energy into formulating policies that appeal to all voters, they wouldn't need to rig the election process.
Free ID to Vote anywhere right-wingers may complain about it!

Back
Top Bottom