• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Non-separation of church and State.

yeah. let's be like Islamic countries.

I don’t think there should be a separation. Our country was founded on religion. It would help unite our country as well as restore morals and values.
Nope. It simply wasnt. The founders had every opportunity to establish christian nationalism and they didnt.

Diversity is pointless. It is one of the reasons for the U.S. failures in responding to the virus outbreak. Look how much better largely homogenous nations like South Korea did.
Oh look resident trumpist pushing blame on people that actually wanted to contain this for Trump’s purposeful failures. Nobody is buying this white winger shit.

Haha, that's pretty funny.

You're just joking around and trolling now, aren't you? Can't believe you are being serious. But these days, it's hard to know for sure.
The dude is a keyboard commando basically.

When a Democrat says conservatives have contempt and hatred for minorities what Democrats mean is that conservatives:
* regard Trump's racism a a bold move to tell it like it is and applause it.
* are flaunting the law and treating illegals in ways that are illegal,
* believe and act upon the lies that illegal immigrants are spreading disease, using up vital water, not paying taxes, raping whites, dealing, transporting and selling drugs, that children of illegal immigrants are a danger to the country
* believe that FAIR is fair
* accuse minorities of ruining public schools (in actuality Republicans are responsible for squeezing the life and funding out of public education)
* believe the Republican stupidities that Democrats want and are creation laws that allow open borders.

The Democrats' position on minorities and illegal immigrants is printed up in the Democratic political party platform. It says nothing about open borders or leaving immigration uncontrolled. The party platform is a public document. You can read it on line.
They have for decades been calling black people stupid house negroes on the democrat plantation, something not even alt-reichers believe.

OK so which religion? Judism? Christianity? Islam? Wicca? Hinduism?

Then which denomination? Methodist? Pentecostal? Baptist? Catholic?

Going from there, which variant? Southern Baptist? American Baptist? Baptist Bible Fellowship?

While I followed a particular line, the point stays true no matter the answers in the first two questions. There are hundreds of thousands of individual beliefs that are organized into religions/denominations. Why should any one have dominance over all the others?
Pentacostals would bring back witch hunts which they are already doing in Africa.

Pentacostals would bring back witch hunts which they are already doing in Africa.
Which Pentacostals? I'll bring up the page when I get home, but IIRC, there are several dozen different Pentacostal churches.

Given that the argument is usually that the country was founded on Christian principles, I would say that the argument of a Christian heritage is moving the goal post. These would not be the same things.

Not at all. In my initial post I mentioned America's Christian Heritage, specifically.

But we can go with Christian Prinicples, if you like. Please consider...

So tightly knit was Christianity tied to this idea of Liberty that Isaiah 33:22 was the justification for the three separate but equal branches of government.

Isaiah 33:22“For the LORD is our judge, (judicial branch)
The LORD is our lawgiver, (legislative branch)
The LORD is our king…” (executive branch)

And please note our own Declaration of Independence…

The Declaration of Independence
“W hen in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

The term “the law of nature” was a very specific term coined by Sir Edward Coke…

Sir Edward Coke (1552-1634)
“The law of nature is that which God at the time of creation of the nature of man infused into his heart, for his preservation and direction…the moral law, called the law of nature.”

This same term was later used by William Blackstone who wrote a law text book. If you were a lawyer, as was Thomas Jefferson, you studied Blackstone.

William Blackstone
“…as man depends absolutely upon his Maker for everything, it is necessary that he should, in all points, conform to his Maker’s will. This will of his Maker is called the law of nature…This law of nature…dictated by God Himself is, of course, superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe ,in all countries, and at all times: no human laws are of any validity in contrary to this; and such of them as are valid derive all their force, and all their authority…from this original.”

“Upon these two foundations, the law of nature and the law of revelation, depend all human laws; that is to say, no human laws should be suffered to contradict these.”
- Commentaries on the Law (A law textbook / 2,500 copies sold in America prior to the Revolutionary War)

Now please consider the Declaration of Independence:

" When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation." (emphasis mine)

I could add more...much more. But this should suffice.

Which Pentacostals? I'll bring up the page when I get home, but IIRC, there are several dozen different Pentacostal churches.
This is what is used to scapegoat from the problems of oil companies bypassing several poor people in Africa is causing.

This is what is used to scapegoat from the problems of oil companies bypassing several poor people in Africa is causing.
I'm not denying what's happening. I am asking about broadbrushing. Are you condemning all Pentecostals for only a few denominations committing atrocities?

I don’t think there should be a separation. Our country was founded on religion. It would help unite our country as well as restore morals and values.
But MY religion should get favored

This comes from the Treaty of Tripoli during a time when American sailors were being taken as slaves by Muslim nations. Fresh after the Revolutionary War and before America had a Navy we were in a very weakened state. It is a true but regrettable quote

And your position completely ignores the fact that the reason Muslims were waging war against America is because even they recognized us as a Christian nation.

Let’s not ignore the fact that it was John Adams who also said that “The Declaration of Independence laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity” and that “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Well, he’s certainly not wrong. The history of the Catholic church (which--in all honesty--is what I’ve always thought he was referring to here (if you know something different, please say so). But, once again, let us not forget that it is Madison--the “Father of the Constitution”--who also said, “The future and success of the America is not in this Constitution, but in the laws of God upon which this Constitution is founded.”

While he believed in God, he despised religion. Just like you would find in a room of any number of people, opinions about God vary. This is true with our Founding Fathers, as well. And while Paine hated religion it does not change the fact that America does, in fact, have a Christian heritage.

I’ve already addressed Adams, above.

I see no problem with this statement but I think you may be confusing common law for natural law.

I see no problem with this statement nor does this statement in any way suggest that American does not have a Christian heritage.

I wish today’s politicians--like Cuomo--believed as much. Also, this does nothing to suggest that America does not have a Christian heritage.

I’m not entirely sure what you hoped to prove here but I don’t think you’ve accomplished it.

All of your Catholic bashing reminds me of this quote:

"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries...Who does not see that the same authority which can establish Christianity, in exclusion of all other Religions, may establish with the same ease any particular sect of Christians, in exclusion of all other Sects?"
-James Madison

I'm not denying what's happening. I am asking about broadbrushing. Are you condemning all Pentecostals for only a few denominations committing atrocities?

I denounce pentecostalism for the sort of lunacy they regularly instill in their parishes. Ultimately comes back to the people that brought it to Africa. I posted those not because i thought you were denying it but because you asked.

Diversity is pointless. It is one of the reasons for the U.S. failures in responding to the virus outbreak. Look how much better largely homogenous nations like South Korea did.

Yah. We're talking biological systems here. Look up what caused the Great Potato Famine in Europe. The Incas (or their precursors) knew better - they never would have planted only one variety of potato from fencepost to fencepost, eliminating all other tuber crops altogether.

Hybrid vigor is a thing - look that up, too.

This is why I’ve changed my view on immigration. I want as many Latinos and black Africans to immigrate here as possible, like 500 million next year so we can put the feminists and liberals to heel by open election.There’s no point in Protestant white culture, that was the cause of our demise as a society.Let’s become diverse

Well, well two idiotic posts for the price of one.

You don't deny the truth of what I pointed out though.
There is no truth to your claim. White folks are the majority of anti maskers and white power destroyed our ability to handle this pandemic, it does show a lot about you though.

There is no truth to your claim. White folks are the majority of anti maskers and white power destroyed our ability to handle this pandemic, it does show a lot about you though.

Not sure why your brought race into this discussion. You're black right?

All of your Catholic bashing reminds me of this quote:

"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries...Who does not see that the same authority which can establish Christianity, in exclusion of all other Religions, may establish with the same ease any particular sect of Christians, in exclusion of all other Sects?"
-James Madison

I've not done any "Catholic bashing". Your point is moot.

I denounce pentecostalism for the sort of lunacy they regularly instill in their parishes. Ultimately comes back to the people that brought it to Africa. I posted those not because i thought you were denying it but because you asked.
So you are claiming that there is no division between all the different Pentacostal denominations is showed in the link? That all of them are in support of what has happened in Africa?

So you are claiming that there is no division between all the different Pentacostal denominations is showed in the link? That all of them are in support of what has happened in Africa?
I claim ive seen them be pretty mum on the issue.

No need for us to repeat their error.
Religious freedom is a founding idea for all people and not just Christians. is we were a Christian country then what sect of Christianity (Protestant, Catholic, or Orthodox, and if it was protestant then which protestant sect of Christianity would be enforced) would the government support, or didnt your consider that idea, that would lead to the Troubles in Northern Ireland, 200 years of religious wars in Europe that the framers almost certainly experienced directly and the Islamic wars in the middle east, plus the almost certain rise of Christian equivalent groups such as ISIL/DAESH who seek to attack anyone who is not of their sect. The only way that we can have a stable government with religious rights for all is to have a secular government with an absolute wall between church and state, but that doesn't align with your Christo-fascist views.

I am an American, and not either French or German because my Hugonaut ancestors left Europe to escape the religious persecution of the 18th century. We are not going to c recreate that bloodbath here because of your dominionist religious beliefs or your fascist blinders.

Did you claim that you taught US history in public school, or isn't that fact past of your beliefs?

Back
Top Bottom