• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Noah’s Ark

Any source that believes in Atlantis hasn't looked at a map.

View attachment 67383787

There's nothing big there, and hasn't been in millions of years. The ridge has lines of reversed magnetic polarity all along it: the Earth's poles have reversed and more than once, in the time the ridge has been there.

You could sell me on a giant alligator before I'd accept Atlantis!
I have to tend to agree with you.

I think America would be better off if we ended the bronze age Sodom and Gomorrah moral debauchery that we see today with the LGBTQ crowd.
Explain how! How are gays making things worse? Or is that just some hang up you have regarding gays?

I think America would be better off if we ended the bronze age Sodom and Gomorrah moral debauchery that we see today with the LGBTQ crowd.

We could go back to the good old days when men were men, gays were imprisoned, women shut their mouths or got beat, and minorities knew their place or a group of good upstanding white Christian men would give them the rope.

If it wasn't for God you wouldn't even be breathing.
Please show that this o pinon is true.

I expect this challenge to either be ignored, or some snarky response that avoids answering it is done.

We could go back to the good old days when men were men, gays were imprisoned, women shut their mouths or got beat, and minorities knew their place or a group of good upstanding white Christian men would give them the rope.
I've come across a few who seem to long for a return to such days. It's sad how some people want to socially regress.

Explain how! How are gays making things worse? Or is that just some hang up you have regarding gays?

First tell me, is there some compelling reason why the populace in general needs to how people perform illicit sex acts?

1649112126169.png

I've often wondered the same thing... If people's actions back then pissed god off, god must be steaming right now.

BTW, I've always believed that most stories in the bible are just that... Stories... But the Noah's ark story is one of those that might have at least some truth to it.

what truth do you imagine it has? We know empirically that the earth was never at any point, completely flooded. We also know, empirically, that 2 of every single species on earth can not fit onto a single manmade wooden vessel, nor can the earth be repopulated with just a single male and female member of any given species.

what truth do you imagine it has? We know empirically that the earth was never at any point, completely flooded. We also know, empirically, that 2 of every single species on earth can not fit onto a single manmade wooden vessel, nor can the earth be repopulated with just a single male and female member of any given species.
Explain why people were able to see the Ark 2,000 years ago.

Ancient references to Noah's Ark, cited by the 1st century Jewish historian Josephus:

“However, the Armenians call this place (the resting place of Noah’s Ark) ‘The Place of Descent,’ for the ark being saved in that place, its remains are shewn there by the inhabitants to this day.

“Now all the writers of barbarian histories make mention of this flood and of this ark; among whom is Berosus the Chaldean; for when he is describing the circumstances of the flood, he goes on thus: ‘It is said there is still some part of the ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyeans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen, which they take away and use chiefly as amulets for the averting of mischiefs.’ Hieronymus the Egyptian, also, who wrote the Phoenician Antiquities, and Mnaseas, and a great many more, make mention of the same. Nay, Nicolaus of Damascus, in his ninety-sixth book, hath a particular relation about them, where he speaks thus: ‘There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the Deluge were saved; and that one who was carried in an ark came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. This might be the man about whom Moses, the legislator of the Jews wrote.’”

https://www.peopleofar.com/2013/08/11/noahs-ark-in-the-mountains-of-armenia/

ALSO –

Interesting quote from about 180 AD:

"The remains of the Ark (of Noah) can be seen to this day in the Arabian mountains." - Theophilus. Theophilus was the Bishop of Antioch. Source: Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs, by David Bercot, referencing the Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volume 2, pg. 117.

https://books.google.com/books?id=nFlVEAAAQBAJ&pg=PT81&lpg=PT81&dq=The+remains+of+the+Ark+(of+Noah)+can+be+seen+to+this+day+in+the+Arabian+mountains."+-+Theophilus&source=bl&ots=IqhwUDDBpR&sig=ACfU3U2kt_K01oMXpSsx8Ml0De5QM9gjCQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjtyP7Q0rv1AhXiEEQIHXnlCYAQ6AF6BAgCEAM#v=onepage&q=The remains of the Ark (of Noah) can be seen to this day in the Arabian mountains." - Theophilus&f=false

First tell me, is there some compelling reason why the populace in general needs to how people perform illicit sex acts?

View attachment 67383885
It seems you have a hang up about sex? But then, I don't see anyone telling others about sex acts. Or is that what you think "pro LGBTQ" really means?

Explain why people were able to see the Ark 2,000 years ago.

Ancient references to Noah's Ark, cited by the 1st century Jewish historian Josephus:

“However, the Armenians call this place (the resting place of Noah’s Ark) ‘The Place of Descent,’ for the ark being saved in that place, its remains are shewn there by the inhabitants to this day.

“Now all the writers of barbarian histories make mention of this flood and of this ark; among whom is Berosus the Chaldean; for when he is describing the circumstances of the flood, he goes on thus: ‘It is said there is still some part of the ship in Armenia, at the mountain of the Cordyeans; and that some people carry off pieces of the bitumen, which they take away and use chiefly as amulets for the averting of mischiefs.’ Hieronymus the Egyptian, also, who wrote the Phoenician Antiquities, and Mnaseas, and a great many more, make mention of the same. Nay, Nicolaus of Damascus, in his ninety-sixth book, hath a particular relation about them, where he speaks thus: ‘There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the Deluge were saved; and that one who was carried in an ark came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. This might be the man about whom Moses, the legislator of the Jews wrote.’”

https://www.peopleofar.com/2013/08/11/noahs-ark-in-the-mountains-of-armenia/

ALSO –

Interesting quote from about 180 AD:

"The remains of the Ark (of Noah) can be seen to this day in the Arabian mountains." - Theophilus. Theophilus was the Bishop of Antioch. Source: Dictionary of Early Christian Beliefs, by David Bercot, referencing the Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volume 2, pg. 117.

https://books.google.com/books?id=nFlVEAAAQBAJ&pg=PT81&lpg=PT81&dq=The+remains+of+the+Ark+(of+Noah)+can+be+seen+to+this+day+in+the+Arabian+mountains."+-+Theophilus&source=bl&ots=IqhwUDDBpR&sig=ACfU3U2kt_K01oMXpSsx8Ml0De5QM9gjCQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjtyP7Q0rv1AhXiEEQIHXnlCYAQ6AF6BAgCEAM#v=onepage&q=The remains of the Ark (of Noah) can be seen to this day in the Arabian mountains." - Theophilus&f=false

Even most believers don't take story of Noah's Ark as being literally true. It's just a religious fable, meant to impart a moral lesson. Any claims to have found it are false.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-10-30-ca-51222-story.html

We learned the Noah story in Sunday school. God wasn’t pleased with the “wicked world,” so he tasked Noah to save pairs of animals and his family. I wonder what God thinks of us now?

I saw the movie!

So, believers pick and choose what they want to believe?

Maybe I'll sign up, sounds fun.

Yes, they do. There are literalists and symbolists and all manner in between. They just pick and choose based on how crazy their chosen denomination tells them to.

No, they did not.
That is a lie...

Jesus..."For just as the days of Noah were,+ so the presence of the Son of man will be." Matthew 24:37

Paul..."By faith Noah,+ after receiving divine warning of things not yet seen,+ showed godly fear and constructed an ark+ for the saving of his household; and through this faith he condemned the world,+ and he became an heir of the righteousness that results from faith." Hebrews 11:7

Peter..."And he did not refrain from punishing an ancient world,+ but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness,+ safe with seven others+ when he brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people." 2 Peter 2:5

Oh and Isaiah...
“This is like the days of Noah to me. Just as I have sworn that the waters of Noah will no more cover the earth, So I swear that I will no more become indignant toward you or rebuke you." Isaiah 54:9

That is a lie...

Jesus..."For just as the days of Noah were,+ so the presence of the Son of man will be." Matthew 24:37

Paul..."By faith Noah,+ after receiving divine warning of things not yet seen,+ showed godly fear and constructed an ark+ for the saving of his household; and through this faith he condemned the world,+ and he became an heir of the righteousness that results from faith." Hebrews 11:7

Peter..."And he did not refrain from punishing an ancient world,+ but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness,+ safe with seven others+ when he brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people." 2 Peter 2:5

Oh and Isaiah...
“This is like the days of Noah to me. Just as I have sworn that the waters of Noah will no more cover the earth, So I swear that I will no more become indignant toward you or rebuke you." Isaiah 54:9

Those quotes don't indicate that they thought it was literally true. Plus, we can't be sure they even said that. It's all stories within stories, made up stuff.

True Christians?

Wtf is that?

So, believers pick and choose what they want to believe?
You complain because you think Christians pick and choose what to believe in the Bible and then when I tell you true Christians do not pick and choose, you still complain...I think you merely love to complain...

You complain because you think Christians pick and choose what to believe in the Bible and then when I tell you true Christians do not pick and choose, you still complain...I think you merely love to complain...

I made no complaints. Sorry my straight forward language confused you.

I simply feel bad that any human believes any of that nonsense and I pointed out the hypocrisy about those that elevate themselves through ignorance.

I made no complaints. Sorry my straight forward language confused you.

I simply feel bad that any human believes any of that nonsense and I pointed out the hypocrisy about those that elevate themselves through ignorance.
I pointed out your hypocrisy and don't feel bad for true Christians...

Back
Top Bottom