• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

No terrorist training camps in Iraq during Saddam's rule?

taxpayer said:
I see! Then why did Bush say to Americans and the whole world that Iraq had WMD and was an imminent threat to the U.S.A. and we had to go into Iraq NOW?

Because both Bush's and Clinton's administrations believed Iraq had WMD. They were both wrong.

taxpayer said:
BTW! I said that Bushs own commish report said that Saddam and Iraq had nothing to do with 911 or any terrorist activitys against the U.S.
You seem a little confused.

About what? I've said that Osama established a training sanctuary in Iraq 12/20/2001 after the US invaded Afghanistan 10/20/2001 (from source 8.)

taxpayer said:
You said that Bush said " Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists and every country that supports them."
Hummm! Then why didn't Bush invade Saudi Arabia before Iraq? Everyone knows that they support the terrorist and that 17 of the 19 911 terrorists hijackers were from Saudia Arabia. Bush even said that Osama BIN LADEN was responsible for 911.
JUST A THOUGHT! I wonder if the Bin Ladens being BEST FRIENDS with the Bushs had anything to do with Bushs not invading S.A.? After all, the Bin Ladens were vacationing on Bushs ranch when we got hit and Bush allowed them to fly out on the only plane that was allowed to fly on 912 the day after 911.

We invaded Afghanistan to destroy al Qaeda and its training camps there.

Two months after we invaded Afghanistan, Osama began setting up al Qaeda training facilities in Iraq. That al Qaeda and those camps in Iraq were and are perceived to be a threat to the security of the US.

After 9/11/2001, neither the governments of Afghanistan or Iraq when asked made commitments to attempt to kill or incarcerate all al Qaeda there. The governments of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia did make such commitments when asked after 9/11/2001. Furthermore, all the 9/11 perpetrators were first given basic training in Afghanistan, regardless of where they were born, before they obtained flight training in the US. Clearly after 9/11, the US made commitments to attempt to kill or incarcerate all al Qaeda here.[/QUOTE]

taxpayer said:
BTW: 10-1 you sadly get your news from FOX.
And oxy-moron? That would be your other news source, Rush, right?
Wrong! My 9 principal sources are listed above. I see zero mention of FOX in that list.

Also, I get opinion articles distributed by American Committees on Foreign Relations, ACFR NewsGroup (description at: www.acfr.org ).

Simon W. Moon said:
Which ones applies to these?

Originally Posted by icantoofly
Osama in Iraq two months after 9/11 and the Afghanistan invasion and 1 year 3 months before Iraq invasion.

The source of the facts that support both clauses will be found in 8.

icantoofly said:
The source of the facts that support both clauses will be found in 8.
8 is a link to the main page of Wikipedia.

Simon W. Moon said:
Now go to "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan."

Please notice: "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan" was part of the reference in source 8.

Iraq had very little to do with terrorism.... Sadaam held a very secular rule in the government. Fundementalism was seen as a threat to his absolute rule. Compared to ALL the countries surrounding Iraq, Iraq had very little terrorist activity. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan where pretty much all the terrorists came from have been constantly funded up to this day....

Pakistan is the "strategic ally" in the war against terror in Afghanistan, when Pakistan was the one who gave the taliban power in the first place...

We seriosuly haven't done anything against the Saudi Arabian leaders who blatantly cause fundementalism in their countries. Cons say that Bush has the balls to fight terrorists, but I see no action against Saudi Arabia. I guess oil is more important that fighting terrorism in the long run.

yep. Resoiurces are always motivation for wars. Everything else is just hype to get people to fight them. Secualr seems to to be the key word people cant understand here. hussiens ideology did not mix with those of popel like Bin laden. There were enemies. a simple common dislke for Americans is not enough to link the two togethere.

Simon W. Moon said:

Just now, I used the following reference to access again the information that supports my assertions on Ansar al-Islam:

8. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Islamic Movement in Kurdistan
http://en.wikipedia.org

In Wikipedia, I searched for "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan"

I clicked on: Google.

Then I clicked on the Google search result: "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan"

In that paragraph, I clicked on Ansar al-Islam

Then I arrived at Ansar al-Islam

I subsequently scrolled to and read:
History
Operations in Iraq

So? They got that where? CIA website? Websties dont make things true. I can make a website too.

nefarious_plot said:
So? They got that where? CIA website? Websties dont make things true. I can make a website too.

All websites are not equal. Some are more reliable than others. I trust Wikipedia because I've found corroboration of much written there at other sites like Encyclopedia Britannica.

All posters are not equal. Some are more reliable than others. Your contradictions in what you have posted to date will mark you a less reliable poster than other posters as long as you do not provide evidence other than your opinion to support your claims.

It is contradictory to claim on the one hand you know Saddam never had anything to do with al Qaeda's leadership -- in particular, after 9/11/2001 and before 3/20/2003 -- and then subsequently claim you don't care what Saddam ever said -- in particular, what Saddam ever said after 9/11/2001 and before 3/20/2003.

What shall we do now? One choice is do nothing and blame everyone else who does something.
Mideast Course At the Mercy of Local Factions

By Robin Wright and Glenn Kessler
Washington Post Staff Writers
Monday, August 29, 2005; A01

For all the attention and resources the Bush administration has poured into the Middle East, the outcome of its two most critical initiatives is increasingly vulnerable to the sectarian passions, tumultuous history and political priorities of the local players, say U.S. officials and regional experts.

Two developments over the past week marked major movement for the U.S. agenda: Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip, a critical step in the creation of a Palestinian state and regional peace. And Iraq submitted a constitution to its national assembly, offering the legal foundation for a new Iraqi state.

"We may have our views about any particular issue," Assistant Secretary of State C. David Welch said last week at the Foreign Press Center in Washington, "but at the end of the day, it's a matter for Israelis and Palestinians to decide."

© 2005 The Washington Post Company

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadams words are meaningless. What he was was a Secualr dicatator that had no affliation with any islamic funmentlaist group ever. The exact oppostie. He killed and fought them at every corner.

nefarious_plot said:
Sadams words are meaningless. What he was was a Secualr dicatator that had no affliation with any islamic funmentlaist group ever. The exact oppostie. He killed and fought them at every corner.

Seems like Ican is providing plenty of links and support for his point of of view. I wonder if Nefarious has any support for his point of view? If websites are not usable (by Nefarious rules), what will he put up there as validation for his argument?

9. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Terrorist Incidents
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents#1996

SHOULD THE US HAVE INVADED AFGHANISTAN SOONER?

May 19: Bin Laden leaves Sudan – after escaping at least one assassination attempt -- significantly weakened despite his ambitious organization skills, and returns to Afghanistan where he establishes al Qaeda training bases.

June 25: Khobar Towers bombing, killing 19 and wounding 372 Americans.

August 7: U.S. embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya, killing 225 people and injuring more than 4,000.

October 12: USS Cole bombing kills 17 US sailors.

September 11: "9/11" The attacks on September 11 kill almost 3,000 in a series of hijacked airliner crashes into two U.S. landmarks: the World Trade Center in New York City, New York, and The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia. A fourth plane crashes in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

SHOULD THE US HAVE WAITED LONGER BEFORE INVADING IRAQ?

October 12: Bali car bombing of holidaymakers kills 202 people, mostly Western tourists and local Balinese hospitality staff.
October 17: Zamboanga bombings in the Philippines kill six and wounds about 150.
October 18: A bus bomb in Manila kills three people and wounds 22.
October 19: A car bomb explodes outside a McDonald's Corp. restaurant in Moscow, killing one person and wounding five.
October 23: Moscow theater hostage crisis begins; 120 hostages and 40 terrorists killed in rescue three days later.

December 20: Osama helps establish al Qaeda training bases in Iraq.

March 4: Bomb attack in an airport in Davao kills 21.

March 20: US invades Iraq at the time al Qaeda controls about a dozen villages and a range of peaks in northeastern Iraq on the Iranian border.

May 12: Bombings of United States expatriate housing compounds in Saudi Arabia kill 26 and injure 160 in the Riyadh Compound Bombings. Al-Qaeda blamed.
May 12: A truck bomb attack on a government building in the Chechen town of Znamenskoye kills 59.
May 14: As many as 16 die in a suicide bombing at a religious festival in southeastern Chechnya.
May 16: Casablanca Attacks by 12 bombers on five "Western and Jewish" targets in Casablanca, Morocco leaves 41 dead and over 100 injured. Attack attributed to a Moroccan al-Qaeda-linked group.
July 5: 15 people die and 40 are injured in bomb attacks at a rock festival in Moscow.
August 1: An explosion at the Russian hospital in Mozdok in North Ossetia kills at least 50 people and injures 76.
August 25: At least 48 people were killed and 150 injured in two blasts in south Mumbai - one near the Gateway of India at the other at the Zaveri Bazaar.
September 3: A bomb blast on a passenger train near Kislovodsk in southern Russia kills seven people and injures 90.
November 15 and November 20: Truck bombs go off at two synagogues, the British Consulate, and the HSBC Bank in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 57 and wounding 700.
December 5: Suicide bombers kill at least 46 people in an attack on a train in southern Russia
December 9: A blast in the center of Moscow kills six people and wounds at least 11.

February 6: Bomb on Moscow Metro kills 41.
February 27: Superferry 14 is bombed in the Philippines by Abu Sayyaf, killing 116.
March 2: Attack on procession of Shia Muslims in Pakistan kills 43 and wounds 160.
March 11: Coordinated bombing of commuter trains in Madrid, Spain, kills 191 people and injures more than 1,500.
April 21: Basra bombs in Iraq kill 74 and injure hundreds.
April 21: Bombing of a security building in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia kills 5.
May 29: Al-Khobar massacres, in which Islamic militants kill 22 people at an oil compound in Saudi Arabia.
August 24: Bombing of Russian airplane kills 90.
August 31: A blast near a subway station entrance in northern Moscow, caused by a suicide bomber, kills 10 people and injures 33.
September 1 – 3: Beslan school hostage crisis in North Ossetia, Russia, results in 344 dead.
September 9: Jakarta embassy bombing, in which the Australian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia was bombed, kills eight people.
October 7: Sinai bombings: Three car bombs explode in the Sinai Peninsula, killing at least 34 and wounding 171, many of them Israeli and other foreign tourists.
December 6: Suspected al Qaeda-linked group attacks U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, killing 5 local employees.
December 12: A bombing at the Christmas market in General Santos, Philippines, kills 15.

February 14: A car bomb kills former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri and 20 others in Beirut.
March 9: An attack of an Istanbul restaurant killed one, and injured five. March 19: Car bomb attack on theatre in Doha, Qatar, kills one Briton and wounds 12 others.
April: April 2005 terrorist attacks in Cairo – On April 7 a suicide bomber blows himself up in Cairo's Khan al Khalili market, killing three foreign tourists and wounding 17 others.
May 7: Multiple bomb explosions across Myanmar's capital Rangoon kill 19 and injure 160.
June 12: Bombs explode in the Iranian cities of Ahvaz and Tehran, leaving 10 dead and 80 wounded days before the Iranian presidential election.
July 7: London bombings - Attacks on one double-decker bus and three London Underground trains, killing 56 people and injuring over 700, occur on the first day of the 31st G8 Conference. The attacks are believed by many to be the first suicide bombings in Western Europe.
July 23:Sharm el-Sheikh bombings: Car bombs explode at tourist sites in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, killing at least 88 and wounding more than 100.
August 17: Around 100 home-made bombs exploded in 58 different locations in Bangladesh, Killing two and wounding 100.

Note: All the preceeding excludes terrorist attacks in Iraq and Israel.

For some reason, after 2001 there were no terrorist attacks in the US.

Last edited:
icantoofly said:
Just now, I used the following reference to access again the information that supports my assertions on Ansar al-Islam:

8. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org

In Wikipedia, I searched for "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan"

I clicked on: Google.

Then I clicked on the Google search result: "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan"

In that paragraph, I clicked on Ansar al-Islam

Then I arrived at Ansar al-Islam

I subsequently scrolled to and read:
History
Operations in Iraq

Couldn't you just link directly to this page instead of this Nancy Boys/Hardy Drew follow the clues stuff?

I don't see any "Google" after I search wiki for "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan"

Simon W. Moon said:
Couldn't you just link directly to this page instead of this Nancy Boys/Hardy Drew follow the clues stuff?

I don't see any "Google" after I search wiki for "Islamic Movement in Kurdistan"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

sorry, but did anyone else think that comment was as funny as I did?

Simon W. Moon said:

Sorry about that! Clearly I could have saved us both a lot of work if I had given you the links themselves. I accessed Wikipedia again and didn't see a Google search this time either. I got this from the search:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Movement_in_Kurdistan

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Islamic Movement of Kurdistan is an Iraqi political party. It is a Sunni Islamist and Kurdish party based in the city of Halabjah in northern Iraq. The party was founded in the late 1980s by Sunni clerics opposed to the rule of Saddam Hussein. Its first leader was Shaykh Uthman Abd-Aziz. The group cooperated with Iran in the Iran-Iraq War. After the Gulf War the IMK became involved in the violent clashes for control of Iraqi Kurdistan. Despite these early tensions the IMK later participated in the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan government. It continued to receive support from Iran, and also Wahhabi groups in Saudi Arabia. The movement ruled Halabjah and Irbil, but did not impose strict Islamic law leading to internal divisions. Some more radical members joined the al-Qaeda aligned Ansar al-Islam. The group did not join the Kurdish coalition in the 2005 Iraqi election running independently. It received over 60,000 votes (about 0.7%) and two seats in the transitional National Assembly of Iraq. After the elections, the party agreed to join the Kurdish alliance's National Assembly caucus.

Then after clicking on Ansar al-Islam in that paragraph, I got this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansar_al-Islam

Ansar al-Islam
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Ansar al-Islam (Arabic: انصار الاسلام, Supporters or Partisans of Islam) is an Islamist group, promoting a radical interpretation of Islam and holy war. At the beginning of the 2003 invasion of Iraq it controlled about a dozen villages and a range of peaks in northern Iraq on the Iranian border. It has been in conflict with other groups such as the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan.

Contents
1 History
2 Operations in Iraq
3 References
4 Online Video

History
It was formed in December 2001 as a merger of Jund al-Islam (Soldiers of Islam), led by Abu Abdallah al-Shafi'i, and a splinter group from the Islamic Movement in Kurdistan led by Mullah Krekar. Krekar is alleged to be the leader of Ansar al-Islam. He has lived in Norway, where he has refugee status, since 1991. On March 21, 2003 his arrest was ordered by Økokrim, a Norwegian law enforcement agency, to ensure he did not leave the country while accusations that he had threatened terrorist attacks were investigated.

Ansar al-Islam has been accused by the United States of providing a safe haven to al-Qaeda associates, led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. According to the US, they had established a camp for the production of poisons, including ricin. The US has also claimed that Ansar al-Islam has links with Saddam Hussein, thus claiming a link between Hussein and al-Qaeda. The claims were rejected by Krekar, and a presentation by Colin Powell to the UN on February 5, 2003 was met with widespread scepticism (see United Nations actions regarding Iraq).

Operations in Iraq
When the US invaded, it attacked AI training camps in the north, and the organization's leaders retreated to neighboring countries. When the war in the north settled down, the militants returned to Iraq to fight against the occupying American forces.

AI is believed to be responsible for several suicide bomb attacks in Iraq, mostly in the north. The first such was at a checkpoint on February 26, 2003, before the war. Ansar then detonated a suicide car bomb in the north on March 22, 2003, killing an Australian journalist and several others. The group was thought to be behind the September 9, 2003 attempted bombing of a United States Department of Defense office in Arbil, which killed 3; and the February 1, 2004 suicide bombings of two Kurdish party offices, which killed 109 and wounded more than 200. It has since been overshadowed by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's organization and its link to the current violence is unclear.

AlbqOwl said:
Seems like Ican is providing plenty of links and support for his point of of view. I wonder if Nefarious has any support for his point of view? If websites are not usable (by Nefarious rules), what will he put up there as validation for his argument?
Links to eman anything.

AlbqOwl said:
Why would NP need citations when he has a tautology?

Simon W. Moon said:
Why would NP need citations when he has a tautology?

:lol:

Well you know the old saw: if you repeat something often enough, sooner or later somebody will believe it. I'm not sure I buy that with those who don't form their conclusions via tautology, however.

Simon W. Moon said:
So, where's the part that says, "Osama in Iraq two months after 9/11 and the Afghanistan invasion and 1 year 3 months before Iraq invasion?"

You're kidding, right?

:doh

Just in case you're not:

LOGICAL DEDUCTION
9/11/2001 is one month and 9 days before 10/20/2001 when US invaded Afghanistan.

10/20/2001 is 2 months before 12/20/2001 when Osama's al Qaeda supported Ansar al-Islam got set up in Iraq.

12/20/2001 is 1 year 3 months before 3/20/2003 when US invaded Iraq.

icantoofly said:
:lol: :lol:

You're kidding, right?

:doh

Just in case you're not:

LOGICAL DEDUCTION
9/11/2001 is one month and 9 days before 10/20/2001 when US invaded Afghanistan.

10/20/2001 is 2 months before 12/20/2001 when Osama's al Qaeda supported Ansar al-Islam got set up in Iraq.

12/20/2001 is 1 year 3 months before 3/20/2003 when US invaded Iraq.

So you've just "deduced" that UbL was in Iraq, is that it?

Simon W. Moon said:

OSAMA'S AL QAEDA ESTABLISHED BASES IN IRAQ AFTER USA'S INVASION OFAFGANISTAN.
OSAMA'S AL QAEDA ESTABLISHED BASES IN IRAQ GREW SIGNIFICANTLY RIGHT UP TO THE USA INVASION OF IRAQ.

Excerpts from Islamic Movement in Kurdistan, Wikipedia.

The Islamic Movement in Kurdistan is an Iraqi political party. Some more radical members joined the al-Queda aligned Ansar al-Islam.
Retrieved from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Movement_in_Kurdistan

Ansar al-Islam is an Islamist group, promoting a radical interpretation of Islam and holy war. At the beginning of the 2003 invasion of Iraq it controlled about a dozen villages and a range of peaks in northern Iraq on the Iranian border. It was formed in December 2001 as a merger of Jund al-Islam (Soldiers of Islam), led by Abu Abdallah al-Shafi'i, and a splinter group from the Islamic Movement in Kurdistan led by Mullah Krekar.
Retrieved from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansar_al-Islam
……………………………………………………………………
Relevant Dates:
09/11/2001: Osama’s al Qaeda perpetrates terrorist attack on USA.
+ 1 month, 9 days
10/20/2001: USA invades Afghanistan.
+ 2 months
12/20/2001: Osama’s al Qaeda establishes training base in Iraq.
+ 1 year, 3 months.
03/20/2003: USA invades Iraq.
……………………………………………………………………

Last edited:
Simon W. Moon said:

While we have so far failed to exterminate malignancy in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and in the rest of the world, we must nonetheless persevere until we learn how and do exterminate it. The deadly consequences to us all of failure to do so are too horrible to contemplate much less endure!

Simon W. Moon said:

icantoofly said:
9. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Terrorist Incidents
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents#1996

SHOULD THE US HAVE INVADED AFGHANISTAN SOONER?

May 19: Bin Laden leaves Sudan – after escaping at least one assassination attempt -- significantly weakened despite his ambitious organization skills, and returns to Afghanistan where he establishes al Qaeda training bases.

June 25: Khobar Towers bombing, killing 19 and wounding 372 Americans.

---

August 7: U.S. embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya, killing 225 people and injuring more than 4,000.

October 12: USS Cole bombing kills 17 US sailors.

September 11: "9/11" The attacks on September 11 kill almost 3,000 in a series of hijacked airliner crashes into two U.S. landmarks: the World Trade Center in New York City, New York, and The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia. A fourth plane crashes in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

SHOULD THE US HAVE WAITED LONGER BEFORE INVADING IRAQ?

October 12: Bali car bombing of holidaymakers kills 202 people, mostly Western tourists and local Balinese hospitality staff.
October 17: Zamboanga bombings in the Philippines kill six and wounds about 150.
October 18: A bus bomb in Manila kills three people and wounds 22.
October 19: A car bomb explodes outside a McDonald's Corp. restaurant in Moscow, killing one person and wounding five.
October 23: Moscow theater hostage crisis begins; 120 hostages and 40 terrorists killed in rescue three days later.

December 20: Osama helps establish al Qaeda training bases in Iraq.

March 4: Bomb attack in an airport in Davao kills 21.

March 20: US invades Iraq at the time al Qaeda controls about a dozen villages and a range of peaks in northeastern Iraq on the Iranian border.

May 12: Bombings of United States expatriate housing compounds in Saudi Arabia kill 26 and injure 160 in the Riyadh Compound Bombings. Al-Qaeda blamed.
May 12: A truck bomb attack on a government building in the Chechen town of Znamenskoye kills 59.
May 14: As many as 16 die in a suicide bombing at a religious festival in southeastern Chechnya.
May 16: Casablanca Attacks by 12 bombers on five "Western and Jewish" targets in Casablanca, Morocco leaves 41 dead and over 100 injured. Attack attributed to a Moroccan al-Qaeda-linked group.
July 5: 15 people die and 40 are injured in bomb attacks at a rock festival in Moscow.
August 1: An explosion at the Russian hospital in Mozdok in North Ossetia kills at least 50 people and injures 76.
August 25: At least 48 people were killed and 150 injured in two blasts in south Mumbai - one near the Gateway of India at the other at the Zaveri Bazaar.
September 3: A bomb blast on a passenger train near Kislovodsk in southern Russia kills seven people and injures 90.
November 15 and November 20: Truck bombs go off at two synagogues, the British Consulate, and the HSBC Bank in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 57 and wounding 700.
December 5: Suicide bombers kill at least 46 people in an attack on a train in southern Russia
December 9: A blast in the center of Moscow kills six people and wounds at least 11.

February 6: Bomb on Moscow Metro kills 41.
February 27: Superferry 14 is bombed in the Philippines by Abu Sayyaf, killing 116.
March 2: Attack on procession of Shia Muslims in Pakistan kills 43 and wounds 160.
March 11: Coordinated bombing of commuter trains in Madrid, Spain, kills 191 people and injures more than 1,500.
April 21: Basra bombs in Iraq kill 74 and injure hundreds.
April 21: Bombing of a security building in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia kills 5.
May 29: Al-Khobar massacres, in which Islamic militants kill 22 people at an oil compound in Saudi Arabia.
August 24: Bombing of Russian airplane kills 90.
August 31: A blast near a subway station entrance in northern Moscow, caused by a suicide bomber, kills 10 people and injures 33.
September 1 – 3: Beslan school hostage crisis in North Ossetia, Russia, results in 344 dead.
September 9: Jakarta embassy bombing, in which the Australian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia was bombed, kills eight people.
October 7: Sinai bombings: Three car bombs explode in the Sinai Peninsula, killing at least 34 and wounding 171, many of them Israeli and other foreign tourists.
December 6: Suspected al Qaeda-linked group attacks U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, killing 5 local employees.
December 12: A bombing at the Christmas market in General Santos, Philippines, kills 15.

February 14: A car bomb kills former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri and 20 others in Beirut.
March 9: An attack of an Istanbul restaurant killed one, and injured five. March 19: Car bomb attack on theatre in Doha, Qatar, kills one Briton and wounds 12 others.
April: April 2005 terrorist attacks in Cairo – On April 7 a suicide bomber blows himself up in Cairo's Khan al Khalili market, killing three foreign tourists and wounding 17 others.
May 7: Multiple bomb explosions across Myanmar's capital Rangoon kill 19 and injure 160.
June 12: Bombs explode in the Iranian cities of Ahvaz and Tehran, leaving 10 dead and 80 wounded days before the Iranian presidential election.
July 7: London bombings - Attacks on one double-decker bus and three London Underground trains, killing 56 people and injuring over 700, occur on the first day of the 31st G8 Conference. The attacks are believed by many to be the first suicide bombings in Western Europe.
July 23:Sharm el-Sheikh bombings: Car bombs explode at tourist sites in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, killing at least 88 and wounding more than 100.
August 17: Around 100 home-made bombs exploded in 58 different locations in Bangladesh, Killing two and wounding 100.
................................................................................
Note: All the preceeding excludes terrorist attacks in Afganistan, Iraq, and Israel.
................................................................................
For some reason, after 2001 there were no terrorist attacks in the US.

Back
Top Bottom