• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Sharia Law in America.

Washington (CNN) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich on Thursday called for the U.S. to test every person with a Muslim background to see if they believe in Sharia law, and deport those who do.

"Let me be as blunt and direct as I can be. Western civilization is in a war. We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported," Gingrich said in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity. "Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up Sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door."

"How do we ascertain -- how do you possibly ascertain whether or not that person really wants assimilation, really wants a new life, or whether or not they want to expand that caliphate, which is what we're at war against?" Hannity asked Thursday.

"The first step is you have to ask them the questions," Gingrich responded. "The second step is you have to monitor what they're doing on the Internet. The third step is, let me be very clear, you have to monitor the mosques. I mean, if you're not prepared to monitor the mosques, this whole thing is a joke. Where do you think the primary source of recruitment is? Where do you think the primary place of indoctrination is? You've got to look at the madrassas -- if you're a school which is teaching Sharia, you want to expel it from the country."

The comments by Gingrich -- who was a finalist to be Donald Trump's running mate before the real estate mogul tapped Indiana Gov. Mike Pence on Thursday -- are similar to ones made by Trump himself last fall, when he called for surveillance of "certain mosques" to counter terrorist threats.

Gingrich also said Thursday that calling Islam a "religion of peace" is "bologna."

"It's not that Islamists are necessarily evil, but they're not necessarily a religion of peace," Gingrich said.

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia - CNNPolitics.com

That has to be one of the stupidest ideas I've seen put forth this election cycle, and that's certainly saying a lot.

lol...NEVER tell them that... :mrgreen:

Years ago I did put a couple of things from a particularly wild stallion in a jar for a while. When he settled down a couple of months later, I showed them to him as a reminder. That's where Hillary got the idea, I think.

I've got another idea: we deport all fascists who hate due process and the first amendment.

And it didn't even come from Trump. Wow!

Trump's fascism has officially jumped into the national mainstream dialogue. Mericuh.

I've got another idea: we deport all fascists who hate due process and the first amendment.

Trump's fascism has officially jumped into the national mainstream dialogue. Mericuh.

What nation would take the Trumpist faction?

The people of France might disagree with you right now.

most french do not share your paranoia about a problem that doesnt exist in either France or the US. Just so you know french law doesnt apply in the US so your comment is irrelevant.

What nation would take the Trumpist faction?

Does Gingrich care where Muslims are deported to? No? Then why should I? Deport the new fascists to Antarctica for all I care.

Washington (CNN) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich on Thursday called for the U.S. to test every person with a Muslim background to see if they believe in Sharia law, and deport those who do.

"Let me be as blunt and direct as I can be. Western civilization is in a war. We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported," Gingrich said in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity. "Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up Sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door."

"How do we ascertain -- how do you possibly ascertain whether or not that person really wants assimilation, really wants a new life, or whether or not they want to expand that caliphate, which is what we're at war against?" Hannity asked Thursday.

"The first step is you have to ask them the questions," Gingrich responded. "The second step is you have to monitor what they're doing on the Internet. The third step is, let me be very clear, you have to monitor the mosques. I mean, if you're not prepared to monitor the mosques, this whole thing is a joke. Where do you think the primary source of recruitment is? Where do you think the primary place of indoctrination is? You've got to look at the madrassas -- if you're a school which is teaching Sharia, you want to expel it from the country."

The comments by Gingrich -- who was a finalist to be Donald Trump's running mate before the real estate mogul tapped Indiana Gov. Mike Pence on Thursday -- are similar to ones made by Trump himself last fall, when he called for surveillance of "certain mosques" to counter terrorist threats.

Gingrich also said Thursday that calling Islam a "religion of peace" is "bologna."

"It's not that Islamists are necessarily evil, but they're not necessarily a religion of peace," Gingrich said.

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia - CNNPolitics.com

It always bring warmth to my heart to see Politicians who are believing in less Government and even less intrusive federal government, to target minority of a specific belief and religion, then advocate for federal mind and belief police to test and target those specific minorities and judge and prosecute what they think and not they do! Even Though they have not violated any laws.

It is always good to see Conservative agenda hard at work!

Gotta hand it to Gingrich with few words he shat all over 4 or 5 articles of the US constitution. A true Conservative American responding at the first sign some brown person say BOOO!

Diving Mullah

Even the very conservative and religious Mike Pence thinks Newt is talking out of his ass. I tend to agree. Thought police? House Un-American Committee? Sounds wonderful. Newt Gingrich, the new Joe McCarthy.

I don't agree with Gingrich but something needs to be done.

Hey look an insane nutter being nutty LMAO

anyway like a lot of things this nutter wants, it will never happened. :shrug:

And we see why newt lost the veep pick, even trump must have read that and said no vp of mine can be more crazy than me.

As catchy as this sounds, what is incompatible with America is barring people based on their "beliefs." One can believe in sharia law and not be a terrorist.

American laws are normally based on actions, not beliefs.

Do we jail people who believe that drugs should be legalized, since that must mean they do and sell illegal drugs?

That's just silly. And thinking the people would answer the questionnaire honestly is positively stupid. How did that guy get elected?

Eh. So Newt hates the 1 Amendment.

This is news?

I don't see any First Amendment problem with his suggestions. The Free Exercise Clause protects religious beliefs, but it may not protect some acts/I] a religion calls for. Shari'ah is a comprehensive set of rules by which observant Muslims are to conduct themselves. Much of the conduct it prescribes is not compatible with our system of government, or with our individual liberties.

Banning Sharia law isnt really any different than banning the ten commandments, in principle. We have laws that every citizen is bound by, if their beliefs go against those laws they should be held accountable for breaking the law. N matter what religion you practice or if you practice none; dont break the ****ing laws.

Hillary is right about one thing....it is hard to ascertain who is a terrorist or not yet she wants to open the door to tens of thousands regardless. Wtf?

Pretty much any person on the planet can buy a plane ticket and enter the US on tourist visa no questions asked. This isn't really about security for you.

The Quran says to lie to infidels so, we won't ever know until it's too late.

Taqiyya: Deception and Lying in Islam

Otherwise we could just ask the terrorists if they're terrorists, right?

And American politicians continue their race to the bottom.

Pretty much any person on the planet can buy a plane ticket and enter the US on tourist visa no questions asked. This isn't really about security for you.

Otherwise we could just ask the terrorists if they're terrorists, right?

What do you assume it's about?

As far as being a terrorist when you come here (or are born here) we've seen many instances of radicalization occurring down the road.

Sharia Law is a no-no but Republican's trip over themselves to have Christian dogma inserted into the public domain using gubmint funds and resources at every opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom