• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Playoffs

How do you know? Since 2001, every year Tom Brady started at least 12 games, New England won the AFC East.

I hate Tom Brady, but will NEVER deny how important he was to the team that drafted him.

So he is doing THAT with the Patriots receiving core?

Btw.. all four teams in his championship games are pro offense type teams, again. The QB's look for the second, third, fourth receivers before they run. They're not the college type run option type offenses... Or look at the first receiver and if he's covered then run type of offense. Mahomes and Allen can run, but they look to pass 1st.

The college type offenses don't work in the NFL, the defenses are too fast and too good..

So he is doing THAT with the Patriots receiving corps?

This thread is not about the Patriots. Stay on topic and talk about Tom Brady the BUCCANEER, not Tom Brady the Patriot.

KC can be run on. Unfortunately for Buffalo, that's not the strength of their offense. But that is the way you beat KC.

What about Kansas City's pass defense against Buffalo's offense?

This thread is not about the Patriots. Stay on topic and talk about Tom Brady the BUCCANEER, not Tom Brady the Patriot.

Are you some sort of moderator because you don't get to control what is talked about in this thread.

Also, you were the one talking about Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Are you some sort of moderator because you don't get to control what is talked about in this thread.

Also, you were the one talking about Tom Brady and the Patriots.

I am the thread starter. If anyone has a right to control what is talked about, that would be me.

Do you have anything to say about Tom Brady with the Buccaneers?

Brady doesn't win games. I'll give him credit, he doesn't screw things up but he is a great game management QB.

Brady is not someone that is going to will you to victory or win games with his arm or legs. The Bucs won because the Saints turned over the ball too many times.

I'm having a hard time finding the stat, but I think PFF had Brady with the most big time throws and air yards in the league this year. You can argue that he has had the best receiving corps in the league this year (this would be ignoring the fact that his receivers have been really banged up at certain points this year) so this shouldn't be too surprising, but if you actually watch him, he hasn't just been slinging it to wide open guys, but he's regularly completed beautiful throws that were closely contested which a "game manager" would very rarely attempt. Bruce Arians "no risk it, no biscuit" philosophy demands the very opposite of a game manager, and Brady has bought into that system fully. Brady rarely makes decisions that lead to turnovers or sacks, and has willed his team to victory many times with his ability and leadership.

I'm having a hard time finding the stat, but I think PFF had Brady with the most big time throws and air yards in the league this year. You can argue that he has had the best receiving corps in the league this year (this would be ignoring the fact that his receivers have been really banged up at certain points this year) so this shouldn't be too surprising, but if you actually watch him, he hasn't just been slinging it to wide open guys, but he's regularly completed beautiful throws that were closely contested which a "game manager" would very rarely attempt. Bruce Arians "no risk it, no biscuit" philosophy demands the very opposite of a game manager, and Brady has bought into that system fully. Brady rarely makes decisions that lead to turnovers or sacks, and has willed his team to victory many times with his ability and leadership.

Last edited:

He's not a top 5 QB. I certainly wouldn't him in the same category as Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Allen, or Russ.

He's not a top 5 QB. I certainly wouldn't him in the same category as Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Allen, or Russ.

I'd rate him at #5 this year:
  1. Rodgers
  2. Allen
  3. Mahomes
  4. Watson
  5. Brady
  6. Russ
Russ could have easily been higher, but he really didn't play great in the 2nd half of the season. I could have also seen Brady a lot higher if he had more experience in the system and team he's playing with (a lack of training camp and preseason games really hurt him early on). I'm expecting a better season from Brady next year.

He's not a top 5 QB. I certainly wouldn't him in the same category as Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Allen, or Russell.

When the Buccaneers played with Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick, they had no chance of clinching a wild card spot.

Move south to Miami, where Tua Tagovailoa and Fitzpatrick split time throughout the season. The Dolphins missed the playoffs again.

Tell me how Tom Brady is not a huge upgrade at quarterback.

Fun fact about the Super Bowl:
Congratulations to her. She was the first woman to become a permanent NFL official and first female on-field official in the playoffs a few years ago.

When the Buccaneers played with Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick, they had no chance of clinching a wild card spot.

Move south to Miami, where Tua Tagovailoa and Fitzpatrick split time throughout the season. The Dolphins missed the playoffs again.

I am a stats man. I look at hard cold stats. I don't believe in things like "clutch gene" or "pressure QB."

So he is doing THAT with the Patriots receiving core?

I am a stats man. I look at hard cold stats. I don't believe in things like "clutch gene" or "pressure QB."

Look at Brady's last game Bucky. If you were truly a stats guy it would be blatantly obvious that Brady makes the players around him better. New Orleans had all his big name players were covered like a wet blanket, so Brady put full trust in his no name players to step up. This is the result of Brady's season long on field coaching and the trust young players have in him.

Even Arian's points it out.

“The way he handles younger players,” Arians said. “He’s another coach. He really is. I mean, the athletic stuff is shocking for a guy 43, but the way he handles young guys and old guys, he’s coaching non-stop.

“It always pisses me off. I’ll say something to a player, and they’ll look at me, and he says it, and they go, ‘Okay Tom, I’ll do it.'”

Brady is the main reason for the Buc's turn around in 2020

RECYDSAVGTDLONGTGTS
Cameron Brate45012.50195
Leonard Fournette5448.81146
Chris Godwin4348.50137
Scotty Miller12929.00292
Tyler Johnson11515.00151
Rob Gronkowski11414.00145
Antonio Brown11010.00102
Mike Evans133.0133
Ronald Jones II000.0001
TEAM18199

Last edited:
Reactions: AJG

No one except those heartbroken that Brady left them thinks TB reaches the NFC Championship Game without Tom.

If you'd read my comments, you'd know my critical observations were based on the Brownies defense all season, not just this game. And my specific criticisms of the game were based on the part I watched - the last quarter. To the extent they were based on this game, it was a reflection of my expectations of the year playing out in the game. KC didn't put anyone away all year, so claiming the Brownies defense was stellar because the final score was close is ignoring reality. Go back and check the Brownies record against good teams all year and you'll see how weak their defense was and is. Defense can be coached up, so they have potential, but they haven't shown it yet. Next year, they'll have a tougher schedule and we'll see if they get close to 11 wins again. Some are predicting they'll win the division next year - I think it's more likely they'll miss the playoffs next year - but that's just idle opinion at this stage.

And if you read the thread title, you know it is not about the regular season.

So you obviously know Tom Brady is a huge upgrade over Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston in Tampa Bay.

So you obviously know Tom Brady is a huge upgrade over Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston in Tampa Bay.

All Brady has proven is that he could beat a team with a losing record in the playoffs starting Taylor Heinicke .......who?

And then beating an injured warrior on his last legs in Drew Brees.

If the Bucs beat the Packers, it will be because of their dominant front 7 led by Devin White, and Lavonte David. They also have a really good DC as well.

Brady is good at not making mistakes. I'll give him credit for that, although I am not sure based on his association with a con man in Alex Guerrero if he is doing it clean.

All Brady has proven is that he could beat a team with a losing record in the playoffs starting Taylor Heinicke .......who?

And then beating an injured warrior on his last legs in Drew Brees.

If the Bucs beat the Packers, it will be because of their dominant front 7 led by Devin White, and Lavonte David. They also have a really good DC as well.

Brady is good at not making mistakes. I'll give him credit for that, although I am not sure based on his association with a con man in Alex Guerrero if he is doing it clean.

There is no reason to say any of that crap. Tom Brady's success as a Buccaneer is very easy to see unless you are blind.

Do you know how good Washington's defense is? How about that guy named Chase Young who will be named Defensive Rookie of the Year, but never sacked #12? And don't tell me New Orleans has a bad defense.

Last edited:
There is no reason to say any of that crap. Tom Brady's success as a Buccaneer is as easy to see as the reason he requested a "TB X TB" trademark.

What does it matter anyway? This season is not legitimate. Winning in the Superdome without fans? Lol. Look at the Seahawks who rely on a loud home field crowd.

This is kind of a Mickey Mouse season. With how the league handled COVID-protocol, I think this season has been a bit of a joke.

What does it matter anyway? This season is not legitimate. Winning in the Superdome without fans? LOL Look at the Seahawks who rely on a loud home field crowd.

This is kind of a Mickey Mouse season. With how the league handled COVID-protocol, I think this season has been a bit of a joke.

There is no reason to use the lack of fans at most NFL stadiums has anything to do with the obvious fact Tom Brady won road playoff games against two good defenses.

You said you are a statistics guy. If that claim is true, why don't you use statistics to judge one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history? Your nonsense demonstrates you are not a statistics guy at all, just trolling. I hate Tom Brady, but will never deny the proven facts.

Last edited:
And if you read the thread title, you know it is not about the regular season.
And if you'd read my comments you'd know that they were about the playoffs and based on the trends from the season. If you think the regular season trends have nothing to do with the playoffs, you're sadly mistaken. But who am I to question your anal attention to some sense of thread propriety that doesn't exist.

Perhaps, we'd all benefit from just reacting to the content of a post and not critiquing its style points, or just ignoring a post you don't like.

Back
Top Bottom