• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Coaching Carousel

Big win right there
Why? 2 friends of mine here in NY, they are BIG Cowboy fans... They said the same thing, they love Quinn as DC... I asked them, now I have to ask you, and @armycowboy ... Why?

Boys defense really wasn't that good this past season... Lower third in league IIRC....

Why? 2 friends of mine here in NY, they are BIG Cowboy fans... They said the same thing, they love Quinn as DC... I asked them, now I have to ask you, and @armycowboy ... Why?

Boys defense really wasn't that good this past season... Lower third in league IIRC....

7th in points allowed, 1st in turnovers, #1 DVOA defense

7th in points allowed, 1st in turnovers, #1 DVOA defense
Yds per game(19th), rushing and passing yards per game, and sacks? None of them are that good...

But there was improvement last year compared to 2020.. That is good...

Yds per game(19th), rushing and passing yards per game, and sacks? None of them are that good...

But there was improvement last year compared to 2020.. That is good...

Yards don't mean a lot if they don't score. And they were 13th in sacks, 7th in hurries, 4th in QB knockdowns,, and 4th in QB pressures

Absolutely. Dan Quinn had so many interviews scheduled (both completed and pending) it could not have been a case of another team making him unhappy. It had to be all about the Cowboys.
According to Chicago media, Dan Quinn was set to take the Bears job. He was staying at a hotel near the Bears HQ before the new incoming GM pulled the rug out from under him and hired Eberflus. After that, Quinn returned to Dallas and declared he would stay on as DC, declining further requests for interviews from 6 other teams.

According to Chicago media, Dan Quinn was set to take the Bears job. He was staying at a hotel near the Bears HQ before the new incoming GM pulled the rug out from under him and hired Eberflus. After that, Quinn returned to Dallas and declared he would stay on as DC, declining further requests for interviews from 6 other teams.

Bad move by the Bears. They should have hired a general manager before starting the head coach search (like most teams do) if Ryan Poles and Dan Quinn can't get along. Quinn used to be a head coach. Eberflus is a rookie.

Bad move by the Bears. They should have hired a general manager before starting the head coach search (like most teams do) if Ryan Poles and Dan Quinn can't get along. Quinn used to be a head coach. Eberflus is a rookie.
Welcome to Bears owner dysfunction 101. There's a reason why 1985 was the team's only SB.

Welcome to Bears owner dysfunction 101. There's a reason why 1985 was the team's only SB.

Wasn't even the coaching staff on the 1985 team massively dysfunctional?

Reactions: PoS
Yards don't mean a lot if they don't score. And they were 13th in sacks, 7th in hurries, 4th in QB knockdowns,, and 4th in QB pressures
Pretty much what the Cowboys fans here in NY are saying... I'm just remembering 28-3...and at times Dallas's D didn't look great this year... But I did have Dallas D on a couple of fantasy teams... And I did like the turnovers... Lol

Wasn't even the coaching staff on the 1985 team massively dysfunctional?
Yes, but they sort of overcame it because of their massive talent. Mike Ditka was the last coach hired by George Papa Bear Halas before he died and the ownership transferred to the moronic McCaskeys.

On a side note: I was clamoring for the Bears GM Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy to get fired, but guess what?

They hire Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus.

WTF? Its Ryan and Matt all over again. The new GM also happens to have been a former college roommate of Matt Ryan of the Falcons. Insane. o_O

Josh McDaniels headed to the Raiders.

Great pickup for the Raiders. He really did wonders for Tom Brady and Mac Jones.

On a side note: I was clamoring for the Bears GM Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy to get fired, but guess what?

They hire Ryan Poles and Matt Eberflus.

LOL Not only that, but your new GM is Ryan P. Get ready for a lot of Freudian slips when Bears fans talk about him.

Reactions: PoS
Josh McDaniels headed to the Raiders.

Great pickup for the Raiders. He really did wonders for Tom Brady and Mac Jones.
….and the Broncos…..

I don't get this. His plan is to evaluate and draft players who will never play for him. How does that help Pittsburgh's next quarterback?

On the interviews/hires tracker, I saw one Jaguars candidate is scheduled to have a second interview: Byron Leftwich. All of their candidates have completed interviews, so that tells me he is their favorite.

If hired, Leftwich would become Jacksonville's first permanent black head coach.

Back
Top Bottom