• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Coaching Carousel

I don’t think McCarthy returns, whether or nor Payton get the nod.

McCarthy has three years left on a five year deal.

Dallas has a QB... Something many teams don't have.. They have a pretty good team in a piss poor division...

If Jones believes the only thing missing to get them to the SB is a good coach? Neither McCarthy's or Paytons contract will get in the way...

Since he's still under contract even with his "retiring" Dallas would have to trade for him I think.

That happened with Bruce Arians. Tampa Bay sent Arizona a sixth round pick because even though Arians had "retired" in 2019, he was still under contract.

Sean Payton was a quarterback and offensive assistant coach for Dallas, so that would be the most logical rumor. But if he wants to take a year off, it is anyone's guess who would hire him.

That happened with Bruce Arians. Tampa Bay sent Arizona a sixth round pick because even though Arians had "retired" in 2019, he was still under contract.

Sean Payton was a quarterback and offensive assistant coach for Dallas, so that would be the most logical rumor. But if he wants to take a year off, it is anyone's guess who would hire him.
He's under contract for the next 3 years, so even if he takes a year off, a team would still have to "trade" for him.

He's under contract for the next 3 years, so even if he takes a year off, a team would still have to "trade" for him.

Yes, I thought it was three years. But why doesn't the contract terminate if he retires?

Thank you for everything you've done Sean. Amazing heights, even if it involved some tough heartbreakers.

He put the S back in Saints. New Orleans had not won a playoff game or division title before he did it, even with a HOF quarterback (Archie Manning).

I am sure all Saints fans would agree it is better to lose the NFC Championship Game than not get there with the talent they had three seasons ago.

Last edited:
He put the S back in Saints. New Orleans had not won a playoff game or division title before he did it, even with a HOF quarterback (Archie Manning).

Archie Manning is not in the HOF, and the Saints had won the division and a playoff game before Payton got there

Archie Manning is not in the HOF, and the Saints had won the division and a playoff game before Payton got there

But he was good enough for the Saints to officially retire #8, in case you have not noticed.

But he was good enough for the Saints to officially retire #8, in case you have not noticed.

Wrong again, the Saints only have 2 retired numbers 31 and 81 both belonging to actual hall of famers

Wrong again, the Saints only have 2 retired numbers 31 and 81 both belonging to actual Hall of Famers

So why did Mark Brunell have to wear #11 when he was with the Saints? He was #8 on every other NFL team he played for, even though 11 was his college number.

Even now with the relaxed jersey number rules, AFAIK no Saints player switched to #8.

Tell me how the number is not retired, but nobody has worn it since Archie Manning.

So why did Mark Brunell have to wear #11 when he was with the Saints? He was #8 on every other NFL team he played for, even though 11 was his college number.

Even now with the relaxed jersey number rules, AFAIK no Saints player switched to #8.

Tell me how the number is not retired, but nobody has worn it since Archie Manning.

"The No. 8 isn't technically retired by the Saints"

Bears hire Colts DC Matt Eberflus as their new head coach.

Me:
inbcJCX.gif

Big win right there

Absolutely. Dan Quinn had so many interviews scheduled (both completed and pending) it could not have been a case of another team making him unhappy. It had to be all about the Cowboys.

Back
Top Bottom