• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL 2021

Speaking about overrated coaches, let's evaluate Mike Tomlin, who has an 8-9 playoff record and won a SB mainly with Bill Cowher's team.

I don't really buy that. Tomlin's teams have been competitive - actually has a slightly better winning percentage and has the same SB record. He knows X's and O's. My 'knocks' on Tomlin are his being a little too soft on some of the problem children like Brown and Bell. He also should have pulled the trigger on a future QB a little sooner instead of waiting for Big Ben to turn into Old Yeller. Tomlin has been good at picking talent but not the last 3-4 years.

Ever notice how Pats assistants are almost never good head coaches? It's like they all try to organize a communion and drink Bill Belichick's piss and then ask their players to do the same and pretend it's wine, to which players typically respond with "Nah, that's piss." The only assistant I can possibly see being a good coach in the future is - maybe - Josh McDaniels. And he already flamed out once. Mike Vrabel is a good coach, but he was a player. He learned football on the field, not in a film room.

The Steelers will get crushed tonight. They cannot run the ball and cannot stop the run, two of the most important things a good team needs to do.

I absolutely agree with this. I don't think it matters that they played a few weeks ago. Pittsburgh just doesn't have the horses right now.

The Steelers are going to make it 7 years in a row of no playoff wins. It will go past a decade. The era of the Steal curtain is over.

They need a reboot. I don't advocate firing Tomlin b/c I think he's a bad coach, but I sometimes thing change is necessary, and maybe a different voice and vision is needed.

I’d at least let Minchew play with their five receiver set and try to score. Hurts isn’t a drop-back.

I’d at least let Minchew play with their five receiver set and try to score. Hurts isn’t a drop-back.
Hurts is a college QB.. There's no receiver progression with him, he looks at the 1st receiver, if he is covered, then Hurts tucks and runs...

That doesn't work for long in the NFL...

Hurts is a college QB.. There's no receiver progression with him, he looks at the 1st receiver, if he is covered, then Hurts tucks and runs...

That doesn't work for long in the NFL...
Bucs move on wounded on the O line as well as wr and rb. We’re on Dallas and Arizona here.

Bucs move on wounded on the O line as well as wr and rb. We’re on Dallas and Arizona here.
Dallas isn't getting a lot of love.. Lots of talk about how much of their numbers came against really bad teams...

That being said, so far the home teams are dominating... I wouldn't bet against the Boys...

@SenorXm/Sirius Ouch—Cowboys punched in the mouth—good for props—bad for Dallas and any unders—better ratings

Boger and his ref crew from LV/CIN fame not expected to see any further action this season.

It's always been like that even in the old stadium
It hurt your team bigly today. Offensive holding and blocking ref crews must get paid more to go under, though that pick leads to a Deebo TD.

It hurt your team bigly today. Offensive holding and blocking ref crews must get paid more to go under, though that pick leads to a Deebo TD.

Don’t understand the need for it either. It’s a dome right?

@SenorXm/Sirius Ouch—Cowboys punched in the mouth—good for props—bad for Dallas and any unders—better ratings
I knew as much, their opponents have a pretty good defense, a good QB, a great receiver, good running back and even though they are playing in Dallas, I almost knew for sure that the Cowboys were going to blow a decent season by failing miserably in the playoffs. Barring an absolute miracle in the 4th quarter the Cowboys are going to be none and done.

Cowboys beat themselves.

Good night gang

Like to see the game film with all the holding.

It's been ridiculous that the holding calls only went one way, this crew before the game was near the bottom on holding calls. It's a bit fishy

The Dal/SF officiating crew couldn’t get out of AT&T fast enough!

Back
Top Bottom