• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nfl 2020

BTW the NFL sent out a memo saying any more coaches, etc. seen not wearing a mask they can be suspended and/or the team will lose draft picks.

Also I just checked my fantasy football and it is listing all Steeler and Titan players as being on a 'bye' this week... ???? IDK...

If this spreads to a few more teams we could end up seeing forfeits or maybe even a shortened season...

Gosh.

Who would have thought having large gatherings of unmasked people would cause COVID spread?

They've been doing amazingly well up to this point. I bet this was a procedural breach of some sort. It will be interesting to see what the investigations show. Hopefully this is a learning moment.

Titans played the Vikings last Sunday. It's going to be interesting interesting what the NFL does about that over the next 2 days.

Titans played the Vikings last Sunday. It's going to be interesting interesting what the NFL does about that over the next 2 days.

Obviously, dont test the Vikings.

Because if you dont test, you dont have cases.

At least thats what I heard.

Gosh.

Who would have thought having large gatherings of unmasked people would cause COVID spread?
So how do you want them to play the games? Via Madden online? :rolleyes:

I'm admittedly very biased in this regard, but seems to me the Steelers are getting jobbed in this scenario. Tennessee should have two options only - a) the game goes ahead on Sunday, moving the location to Pittsburgh, or b) the Titans forfeit the game and it's recorded as a Steelers' victory and a Tennessee loss.

Steelers are an innocent party in this matter and not only are they having their preparation and game this week upended, but they are also expected to take their bye week this week, after spending most of it in game prep and not as a relaxing time away from practice/prep.

Clearly, someone in the Titans' organization didn't follow the league's protocols and/or put themselves into a risky situation where they were exposed to the virus and then spread it within their clubhouse. Titans should be the only team adversely affected by their own negligence. Forfeit the game or, at a minimum, forfeit home field advantage. It will be doubly a problem if the game is rescheduled for after the season and fans are allowed in the stadium in Nashville and the game is relevant to either or both the Steelers and Titans.

NFL should have had published guidelines for this type of scenario, with clear consequences, to start the season and not be coming up with contingences out of their asses on the fly.

Cam Newton has tested positive for COVID-19.

This is getting out of hand. The NFL needs to postpone the Patriots and Chiefs game.

I'm admittedly very biased in this regard, but seems to me the Steelers are getting jobbed in this scenario. Tennessee should have two options only - a) the game goes ahead on Sunday, moving the location to Pittsburgh, or b) the Titans forfeit the game and it's recorded as a Steelers' victory and a Tennessee loss.

Steelers are an innocent party in this matter and not only are they having their preparation and game this week upended, but they are also expected to take their bye week this week, after spending most of it in game prep and not as a relaxing time away from practice/prep.

Clearly, someone in the Titans' organization didn't follow the league's protocols and/or put themselves into a risky situation where they were exposed to the virus and then spread it within their clubhouse. Titans should be the only team adversely affected by their own negligence. Forfeit the game or, at a minimum, forfeit home field advantage. It will be doubly a problem if the game is rescheduled for after the season and fans are allowed in the stadium in Nashville and the game is relevant to either or both the Steelers and Titans.

NFL should have had published guidelines for this type of scenario, with clear consequences, to start the season and not be coming up with contingences out of their asses on the fly.

Perhaps the dumbest post ever.....

You do realize if they play that virus could spread from the Titan players to the Steelers players?

Blaming the Titans is just...... moronic.

Cam Newton has tested positive for COVID-19.

This is getting out of hand. The NFL needs to postpone the Patriots and Chiefs game.
If its just Cam then they can just quarantine him. Even if he did play Mahomes will whip the Pats anyway, so it doesnt matter does it?

Perhaps the dumbest post ever.....

You do realize if they play that virus could spread from the Titan players to the Steelers players?

Blaming the Titans is just...... moronic.
I'm pretty sure if it was moronic you would have posted it first.

What's moronic is expecting that if the Titans players who haven't already tested positive are all assumed to be positive and can't play, then the Titans cannot play another game for at least two weeks so postponing the Steelers game doesn't solve the problem. Like I said, the option making most sense was for the Titans to forfeit the game.

So blaming those who put themselves in position to become infected is - moronic? Were they virgin infections? I'm pretty sure you and 10s of millions of Americans blame President Trump for contracting the virus.

Wow. Cam has Covid. I don't see how the NFL can keep going like this.

KC/NE officially postponed. This is becoming a massive headache as I start building my Daily Fantasy Sports line ups.

KC/NE officially postponed. This is becoming a massive headache as I start building my Daily Fantasy Sports line ups.
Yep, I went through the same thing with fantasy baseball. I had maybe a handful of days where I had a full lineup. Between the days off, injuries, Covid, etc. I usually had 7-8 players in my lineup.. Oh well...

They need to pause the season before the NFL starts looking like the Trump administration.

An announcement should be made TONIGHT.

They need to pause the season before the NFL starts looking like the Trump administration.

An announcement should be made TONIGHT.
Looks like the NFL is moronic in your book too - reported today that the NFL is looking at disciplining the Titans, players and team officials, for breaches of the NFL COVID protocols, such as removing tracking devices and not reporting illnesses in a timely manner. But according to your brilliant analysis, Titans shouldn't be blamed for 19 and counting members of their club contracting the virus.

Looks like the NFL is moronic in your book too - reported today that the NFL is looking at disciplining the Titans, players and team officials, for breaches of the NFL COVID protocols, such as removing tracking devices and not reporting illnesses in a timely manner. But according to your brilliant analysis, Titans shouldn't be blamed for 19 and counting members of their club contracting the virus.

LOL! Consider the Steelers lucky because former Patriots Mike Vrabel has the Titans humming.

Browns spanking the Cowboys. Maskless parties all around Cleveland tonight, I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom