• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Petition: Deport CNN's Piers Morgan

American's hate him because he has the balls to actually ask the hard questions.... and they are unaccustomed to such real journalism.

Personally I dont like him btw... but he is far better than the brown-nosing Larry King (in his last decade or so).

alternatively, people could just not watch the show. i suppose that wouldn't be as dramatic or hopeless, though. chances of him being deported approach zero.

The chance of him being deported is zero because we don't deport people because a bunch of morons signed a petition.

The chance of him being deported is zero because we don't deport people because a bunch of morons signed a petition.

he could theoretically be deported for some other reason, but that is exceptionally unlikely. he certainly won't be deported because of a petition alone, however.

Agreed, in fact, if anything it'll bring him more money next contract period. It means those people are watching, also means tons more free publicity for Morgan's show. Limbaugh makes a pile of cash from folks who rabidly oppose him - keeps him relevent. His opinion matters because it's talked about, debated endlessly by pros and antis.

The only way to slay a talking head is to stop listening, something antis seem unable to do.

Sorry, was ass lickers supposed to be tounge in cheek? Was that a pun? Thanks for proving my point. Its only acceptable to make insult conservatives.

Was that phrase in bad taste? I'll agree that it was.

His point was that when Colbert dos these things its fo purely satirical purposes, while these people honestly want this man deported while he has broken no law.

Ahhhh you see the humor of a statement depends on the lean of a reader. plenty of references to ass munchers and the like in previous posts, that drew no jonny ire.

Call the kooks who are behind this not really a joke petition, remember people claiming it will force a response from the Obama White House, ass lickers and you claim some point was proven.... :roll:
From what I understand he is more in danger of deportation due to possible cancellation of his program than anything else. But then he is also on the frying griddle back in the UK owing to the News of the World scandal, which he is neck deep in. I think ol Piers would probably prefer to stay over here in the US where he does nto have to answer the kind of tough questions he is supposed to be known for asking. Though I admit I have no idea what those are supposed to be. I find him an innocuous Milquetoast interviewer and usually end up just turning something else on after watching him do his thing. Occasionally I have seen him give a sorta probing interview, mostly though this guy is the king of the softballs IMO.

From what I understand he is more in danger of deportation due to possible cancellation of his program than anything else. But then he is also on the frying griddle back in the UK owing to the News of the World scandal, which he is neck deep in. I think ol Piers would probably prefer to stay over here in the US where he does nto have to answer the kind of tough questions he is supposed to be known for asking. Though I admit I have no idea what those are supposed to be. I find him an innocuous Milquetoast interviewer and usually end up just turning something else on after watching him do his thing. Occasionally I have seen him give a sorta probing interview, mostly though this guy is the king of the softballs IMO.

He can always go to work for Fox News. It isn't like liberals do not become neo-cons when there is a paycheck involved.

He can always go to work for Fox News. It isn't like liberals do not become neo-cons when there is a paycheck involved.
I don't know what his politics are, don't care. Since his show is on the bubble at CNN and has been since it started, I doubt he will be getting a second chance at Fox or anywhere else in the US if this one does not work out. Given the comments he made that got this petetion started, the idea that Fox will be rolling out a red carpet for him is one I find highly unlikely. Also one need only look at the myriad of past petitions that have been thrown up against the likes of host from Limbaugh to Maher, to see how effective these kinds of things are IMO.

I don't know what his politics are, don't care. Since his show is on the bubble at CNN and has been since it started, I doubt he will be getting a second chance at Fox or anywhere else in the US if this one does not work out. Given the comments he made that got this petetion started, the idea that Fox will be rolling out a red carpet for him is one I find highly unlikely. Also one need only look at the myriad of past petitions that have been thrown up against the likes of host from Limbaugh to Maher, to see how effective these kinds of things are IMO.

I doubt they cancel the show. He is actually not that bad of a host except when he goes on these gun rants. He maybe talks too much when the guest should be the one doing more of the chat.

I doubt they cancel the show. He is actually not that bad of a host except when he goes on these gun rants. He maybe talks too much when the guest should be the one doing more of the chat.
If his rating don't increase, they will most certainly cancel it. You know? Revenue generated by advertising? However, petitions like this might just drum up more ratings and help him stay on air. Like I said, look at Limbaugh and Maher.

Was that phrase in bad taste? I'll agree that it was.

His point was that when Colbert dos these things its fo purely satirical purposes, while these people honestly want this man deported while he has broken no law.

Prove it. It looks like a joke to me.

New Petition: Deport CNN's Piers Morgan - Signers say he is attacking 2nd amendment with gun-control views

We should deport anybody who dares to express an opinion!

It's great how they would violate the First Amendment to protect the Second. That ought to tell you something about what they think of the Constitution.

Talk of deportation is silly, IMO. But Morgan really is an presumptuous little monkey; he has suggested that the Constitution needs amendment, and he thinks the Bible is in need of an update too.

Without reading any other post in this thread let me guess. He said something about guns?

I have it on good authority that there is now a petition in England asking the government to refuse to accept him should he be deported from the United States.

I don't approve of the way he has treated some of his guests but as this thread goes on I'm finding myself becoming more fond of Piers Morgan in terms of his opinions on US policy. The bible revision he mentioned isnt even all that out there. The bible has been revised and recounted several times to suit the churches' needs.

Talk of deportation is silly, IMO. But Morgan really is an presumptuous little monkey; he has suggested that the Constitution needs amendment, and he thinks the Bible is in need of an update too.

Dude is an ass. He's not the only one who would re-write the Bible for his own political purposes, though: Conservative Bible Project - Conservapedia

The bible has been revised and recounted several times to suit the churches' needs.

Who told you that? The Dead Sea Scrolls (300-100BC) are identical to the OT text and canon today. The NT was finished ~150AD and only a couple verses have changed/been added.

Piers Morgan's viewpoints aside, I just find his show to be incredibly boring. But, then again, I found Larry King boring as well. If CNN is going for boring, they made the right choice.

Further, right or wrong, many American's could care less what this Brit thinks about the way we should do things here across the pond. If we wanted to adhere to the British way of thinking we wouldn't have kicked their ass during the Revolutionary War. And then dwarfed them in growth and success in only 200 years. If they were smart that would be taking notes on how WE (U.S.) do things and raise their own country up. We've shown them the way.

You can lead a horse to water........

Back
Top Bottom