• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nee Rule on TDS

I heard that Maher used to be funny. Is that true?

He also used to have a major case of the hots for Ann Coulter. She used to play him like a trout on his own show

Re: New Rule on TDS

B/c whenever Trump leaves office be it in 2020 or 2030 or upon his death bed, we won't care how crazy Joe gets. You made your bed with Trump, still sucking his dick, and then you will get ****ed in the end. That's how it works bud. Enjoy being on top while you have the chance.

are you mad that you don't get to suck Hillary's? Geez this level of silliness is reaching astrometric levels

Okay, I watched it...ALL of it.

I like Bill Maher. Sometimes he says things I agree with, sometimes things I am indifferent to, and sometimes things I don't agree with.

Please explain why this particular video somehow excuses all the similarly (if not lightyears) worse displays that so many in the opposition have demonstrated since well-before the election, much less after it?

I am sure my peers can post videos and reports arguing both for and against Maher's commentary.

I simply found this one amusing. :shrug:

The rubes and the cultists are so invested in their particular level of ignorance, they just can't be reasoned with. Better to just point and laugh, knowingly....

are you mad that you don't get to suck Hillary's? Geez this level of silliness is reaching astrometric levels

Hey man, if your guy can "joke" about staying for 3 or more terms, we can joke about you having your head up his ass.

Hey man, if your guy can "joke" about staying for 3 or more terms, we can joke about you having your head up his ass.

and I can note that your arguments are moronic and further note that the TDS crowd claims anyone who doesn't rabidly hate Trump must have their head up his ass.

I hope he wins again for several reasons-the biggest one will be watching the TDS crowd mimic the Martians who were exposed to country music in "MARS ATTACKS"

and I can note that your arguments are moronic and further note that the TDS crowd claims anyone who doesn't rabidly hate Trump must have their head up his ass.

I hope he wins again for several reasons-the biggest one will be watching the TDS crowd mimic the Martians who were exposed to country music in "MARS ATTACKS"

It will be the maga hats doing that.

TDS crowd, as in Trump dick suckers?

Naturally everyone on the right watching this video will not approve but you gotta admit Maher is the best Smackdown artist in the world. This is SmackDown taken to a high art

If you are a Trump sympathizer I dare you to watch it, all of it.

I did watch it all it's not hard because Bill Maher's funny. Because he's a comedian.

What he said here was funny.

but essentially what are you saying is if you don't agree with him you're crazy. On a side note something he said was that because Donald Trump isn't reverent he shouldn't be the president.

Two things I disagree with, one is a logical absurdity based in narcissism, and the other is an opinion.

The reason why TDS has entered the lexicon is because there are people legitimately freaking out over Donald Trump being president. Wooden the first year anniversary of his presidency celebrated by people screaming helplessly at the sky? That isn't something a sane person would do.

As far as the Russian hoax I don't believe that it was disproven that Donald Trump had any role in it, and the only reason people have kept going with it is there's people in the house that are deranged and would stop at nothing to take this man down.

Some people just aren't left. So yeah there are people that don't agree with Bill Maher.

Wait...I'm not joking about them.

Ever hear the term "god knows"?

Yeah, You mean like God knows you will never be able to tell me the difference between

I said they were god's words. I did not say they were the words of god.

You going to talk in riddles all night or are you going to answer the question.

So now God said, I love Vaginas? Really? Thats amazing. Do you have that particular scripture or are you just speaking out of context as per usual.

God didn't write the Bible

Did not watch it, will not bother. "If you are a Trump sympathizer I dare you to watch it, all of it." is a simplistic grade school dare, shoulda said I double dog dare you. If it had been something like: I ask you to watch all of it and give your opinion - then I would have but, phrased the way it was I knew the obvious gist of it and judging from the replies I was correct.

Yeah, 'I don't think I like the sound of that, so I'll just ignore it'. Always a sound debating tactic.

Yeah, You mean like God knows you will never be able to tell me the difference between

You going to talk in riddles all night or are you going to answer the question.
I’m not surprised you didn’t get it. And now, I’m not surprised you’re letting all of us know you still don’t get it.

Okay, I watched it...ALL of it.

I like Bill Maher. Sometimes he says things I agree with, sometimes things I am indifferent to, and sometimes things I don't agree with.

Please explain why this particular video somehow excuses all the similarly (if not lightyears) worse displays that so many in the opposition have demonstrated since well-before the election, much less after it?

I am sure my peers can post videos and reports arguing both for and against Maher's commentary.

I simply found this one amusing. :shrug:

Amusing but right on the button as far as truth is concerned. Trump is the worst of the worst as a person but then much worse because he is totally incompetent:

1) failure to stop illegal immigration
2) failure to get an infrastructure program going
3) failure to institute a Health Care program
4) failure to reduce the Federal Debt
5) failure to unite the country
6) failure to reduce spending
7) failure to address natural disasters such as the one in Puerto Rico
8) failure to stop the revolving door in his cabinet and in the White House
9) failure to get competent people to help run the country
10) failure to attack (not stoke) racism
11) failure to solve the Trade War that he himself created
12) failure to help small business owners be more competitive
13) failure to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Amusing but right on the button as far as truth is concerned. Trump is the worst of the worst as a person but then much worse because he is totally incompetent:

1) failure to stop illegal immigration
2) failure to get an infrastructure program going
3) failure to institute a Health Care program
4) failure to reduce the Federal Debt
5) failure to unite the country
6) failure to reduce spending
7) failure to address natural disasters such as the one in Puerto Rico
8) failure to stop the revolving door in his cabinet and in the White House
9) failure to get competent people to help run the country
10) failure to attack (not stoke) racism
11) failure to solve the Trade War that he himself created
12) failure to help small business owners be more competitive
13) failure to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Yeah, I really don’t get the Cult. Der Leader has **** on them at every turn. And, yet, they cheer louder. Con men are good at that though.

Did not watch it, will not bother. "If you are a Trump sympathizer I dare you to watch it, all of it." is a simplistic grade school dare, shoulda said I double dog dare you. If it had been something like: I ask you to watch all of it and give your opinion - then I would have but, phrased the way it was I knew the obvious gist of it and judging from the replies I was correct.

Truth hurts doesn't it? Trump supporters have a habit of running away from it..........like you have done.

Maher's premise is flawed. I don't call any criticism of Trump TDS. But people are clearly obsessed with Trump. Not just the left, but the right too. The president was never supposed to be this central to American life. The factors that caused this unhealthy focus on the president as king started a century ago and are a separate matter,

But Trump has somehow taken the unhealthy focus to even more unhealthy levels. Count the number of Trump threads in the Main "Breaking Story" page here on DP. It looks like about half which is surprisingly low. I've seen times where it's like 75%. But that's politics. The next time Trump says or does something egregious, I'm sure the main page will light up with Trump topics. So maybe that's not TDS.

What is TDS is the way Trump is brought up in contexts that have nothing to do with him. There's a story about a restaurant review in the NY Times that started, "In this age of Trump...". In my own life, at a recent company team building event, we were all randomly split into three teams: the Green Team, Blue Team and Orange Team. We each had to come up with a team motto. The Orange Team's motto was "Making Orange Great Again". Admittedly clever, but a little disturbing. Those people were so obsessed with Trump that they couldn't even think of the color orange without associating it with the man. That's TDS in my opinion.

Egocentric and Sociopathic people have a way of always trying to be the headline. You can't blame the American public for it, he does things that bring attention to him.

That is true. His little penis but big pocketbook have gone "a long way"

Trump doesn't have a big pocketbook either. If you were to contrast his debt with his wealth, he'd be just about broke. He's the worst businessman in the world, and his 'vast wealth' is largely an illusion and a series of shell games. Scratch the surface of the gold plate and there's lead underneath. Assuming Trump can afford lead.

Egocentric and Sociopathic people have a way of always trying to be the headline. You can't blame the American public for it, he does things that bring attention to him.

Trump didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to obsess over him. His ego cannot place any demands on me unless I allow it to.

But if you're looking for someone to blame, I'd start with the media. The obsess over him mostly because it sells papers. How much free advertising did they give Trump in the 2016 election? $2 billion is the number I think I heard.

WOW!!!! I did not think his point could fly that high over anyones head!!!!

Only high levels of TDS would think Maher's comments hit anything out of the ballpark.

One hacks comments can't erase over 3 years of irrefutable evidence...

Trump didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to obsess over him. His ego cannot place any demands on me unless I allow it to.

But if you're looking for someone to blame, I'd start with the media. The obsess over him mostly because it sells papers. How much free advertising did they give Trump in the 2016 election? $2 billion is the number I think I heard.

Youwrong.jpg

Sorry but you are trying to go against human history. People since the dawn of time have obsessed against injustice, inhumanity, and bullies. If you want to change that then you need to change human nature.

Are you the kind of a person that would walk away from:

1) an old lady or a war hero getting verbally abused?
2) a child being ripped away from her mother and then not even keeping records of where they were sent so the could reunite in the future?
3) an incompetent person making decisions that hurt you?
4) a person breaking the law or pushing others to break the law for their own personal benefit?
5) a person creating more problems than the ones being solved?

If you are such a person, then I understand where you are coming from. Nonetheless, most people by their human nature "automatically" react to those kinds of actions. This is not the media and this has nothing to do with TDS, it is all Trump and the person he is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom