• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NATO Says Sabotage Behind Destruction Of Natural Gas Pipelines

Why would Biden intentionally further jeopardise the already compromised energy supplies to America's European allies?

Because this allows the US to sell LNG to Europe for much higher prices rather than having to compete with the Russians.

Because this allows the US to sell LNG to Europe for much higher prices rather than having to compete with the Russians.
When? No gas was flowing to Europe through these pipelines before the sabotage. The small-minded Putin has flexed in one of the few ways he can.

Total silliness. Pipelines leak and are repaired almost every day. These are tiny sections of pipelines that are hundreds of miles long.

These pipelines were not transiting CNG at the time of the explosions. They almost certainly ingested a good amount of seawater. You know what is really, really bad for a natural gas pipeline? Corrosion.

Absolute best case, which is limited water ingestion combined with a desire from both the west and the russians to repair these pipelines you are still years off line.

So again, you think Russia did this to their own pipelines? lol. This was 100% done by someone forcing Germany to stay on the team.

It could well be sabotage. I certainly don't know. Who did it is unknown. It is unknown to everyone except for those that did it if, indeed, they did it. Perhaps we can discover the truth. Hopefully so.

And instead there is an ecological disaster in Europe's waters and European shipping lanes are disturbed.

And they can still turn them back on. By replacing 4 smal sections.
So Russia lost their leverage, and intensified the situation in a way that will even further reduce their leverage....

It's almost like it was done by someone who only wanted to reduce Russia's leverage and make Europe mad at Russia...

Now who would to gain from that?

Biden's on record vowing to destroy the Nord Stream pipeline over a Russian invasion of Ukraine:

He's old and senile, and knows he's got one foot in the grave. He simply couldn't are less about taking the rest of us there with him.

Russia is the world's largest nuclear power. There's nobody worse to piss off, and no worse way to piss them off, than blowing up Russia's Nord Stream pipeline, which it has heavily invested in.
Saying you are going to "end" something is very different than saying you would destroy that something, as you claimed in the post before.

Putin has a far bigger reasons to destroy that pipeline than Biden. The pipeline was already offline, stopped from sending natural gas, with another from a different country being set up to take its place in at least a small way. Putin is losing power, influence in Russia, which means it is quite possible that for whatever reason he may not remain in charge long, and if it is someone who is completely opposed to him, whom he considers an enemy, destroying that pipeline would be a form of tantrum, of "if I can't have it, no one will" statement.

Saying you are going to "end" something is very different than saying you would destroy that something, as you claimed in the post before.

You're hairsplitting. You're reaching.
Senile old fart should not be issuing threats on behalf of the rest of us. His senile drooling mouth is writing cheques the rest of us can't cash.

Putin has a far bigger reasons to destroy that pipeline than Biden. The pipeline was already offline, stopped from sending natural gas, with another from a different country being set up to take its place in at least a small way. Putin is losing power, influence in Russia, which means it is quite possible that for whatever reason he may not remain in charge long, and if it is someone who is completely opposed to him, whom he considers an enemy, destroying that pipeline would be a form of tantrum, of "if I can't have it, no one will" statement.

It's absurd to pretend that Russia would destroy its own pipeline, especially when Russia derives leverage from it, and obviously controls whether or not it can send gas through its pipeline.

There needs to be an exhaustive investigation of this sabotage attack. I suspect it was Poland with help from US Deep State.

Senile old fart should not be issuing threats on behalf of the rest of us. His senile drooling mouth is writing cheques the rest of us can't cash.

It's absurd to pretend that Russia would destroy its own pipeline, especially when Russia derives leverage from it, and obviously controls whether or not it can send gas through its pipeline.

There needs to be an exhaustive investigation of this sabotage attack. I suspect it was Poland with help from US Deep State.
You never heard of 'black flag' ops; blaming an adversary for one's own actions, as a pretext? 'Poland... Deep State' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So, who are the main actors in this imagined 'Deep State' of yours?

OP is pro-Russian goofy who left forum for months after getting railed for trying to make Ukrainians out to be the bad guys.

Zero content in your reply -- shows your desperation and ignorance. You don't seem to care about nuclear war, and seem to be laughing off the risk of armageddon. The rest of us aren't so foolish.
I don't care about nuclear war? What are you blind? What do you think my avatar is about? I was practicing duck and cover and evacuation drills in grade school because of the threat of nuclear war. That's not anything to laugh at. What I do know that it would be the height of ignorance to allow Putin to bluster his way into being able to illicitly attack and take neighboring sovereign nations through the threat of using his nuclear arms against anyone who dares to oppose his lawlessness imperialist ambitions. Because if you don't, where does it stop? If Putin can do it? Why not China? Or why not Israel? Or anyone else with a nuclear weapon? Not facing Putin down now is what would actually hasten, or all but insure Armageddon. At some point. Only a fool would think that appeasing Putin now would guarantee security in the future. Already been there and done this before. And it didn't work. Only difference now the stakes are a bit higher, but still nonetheless the principles involved are just as relevant now as they were then.

You never heard of 'black flag' ops; blaming an adversary for one's own actions, as a pretext? 'Poland... Deep State' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So, who are the main actors in this imagined 'Deep State' of yours?

It's a "False Flag" operation, Black Flag is just a brand of insecticide in the states :)

I don't care about nuclear war? What are you blind? What do you think my avatar is about? I was practicing duck and cover and evacuation drills in grade school because of the threat of nuclear war. That's not anything to laugh at. What I do know that it would be the height of ignorance to allow Putin to bluster his way into being able to illicitly attack and take neighboring sovereign nations through the threat of using his nuclear arms against anyone who dares to oppose his lawlessness imperialist ambitions. Because if you don't, where does it stop? If Putin can do it? Why not China? Or why not Israel? Or anyone else with a nuclear weapon? Not facing Putin down now is what would actually hasten, or all but insure Armageddon. At some point. Only a fool would think that appeasing Putin now would guarantee security in the future. Already been there and done this before. And it didn't work. Only difference now the stakes are a bit higher, but still nonetheless the principles involved are just as relevant now as they were then.

Here's the rub, not that I know the answer, say Putin uses a tactical nuke and kills 10,000 Ukrainian combat personnel and some civilians. What do we do? Does the west conventionally attack Russian forces in Ukraine? Do we destabilize the Russia? All of these are very serious acts of war which Russia may in turn launch a strategic nuclear strike in retaliation for. This is why getting involve in Ukraine from the beginning (2014) was stupid for the West. If we were successful, this is where we ended up, a quagmire from hell.

It's a "False Flag" operation, Black Flag is just a brand of insecticide in the states :)

Here's the rub, not that I know the answer, say Putin uses a tactical nuke and kills 10,000 Ukrainian combat personnel and some civilians. What do we do? Does the west conventionally attack Russian forces in Ukraine? Do we destabilize the Russia? All of these are very serious acts of war which Russia may in turn launch a strategic nuclear strike in retaliation for. This is why getting involve in Ukraine from the beginning (2014) was stupid for the West. If we were successful, this is where we ended up, a quagmire from hell.
It's a tricky one to be sure. Putin played a clever hand in 'annexing' regions of Ukraine and subsuming them into greater Russia. Nobody with an ounce of sense should attack 'Russia' and risk calling Putin's nuclear bluff. At that point all bets are off.

It's a tricky one to be sure. Putin played a clever hand in 'annexing' regions of Ukraine and subsuming them into greater Russia. Nobody with an ounce of sense should attack 'Russia' and risk calling Putin's nuclear bluff. At that point all bets are off.

It's a giant bag of stupid that never needed to happen honestly. Ukraine is *so* meaningless to the west that it was incredibly stupid for us to get involved from the beginning. Russia was slowly dying before 2014, we didn't need to exacerbate the situation with provocations that eventually boiled over into real conversations about nuclear war potential.

Think about what we are talking about for a minute. NATO/US is talking about risking nuclear war over.... Ukraine? It's nuts and it is very difficult to unwind now.

It's a giant bag of stupid that never needed to happen honestly. Ukraine is *so* meaningless to the west that it was incredibly stupid for us to get involved from the beginning. Russia was slowly dying before 2014, we didn't need to exacerbate the situation with provocations that eventually boiled over into real conversations about nuclear war potential.

Think about what we are talking about for a minute. NATO/US is talking about risking nuclear war over.... Ukraine? It's nuts and it is very difficult to unwind now.

Unmitigated crap :rolleyes:

Who else do we hand over to Russia so Putin doesn't push the invasion/nuclear button? The Baltic States? Poland? Finland?

Ukraine is as good a place as any to make a stand against a brutal dictator tearing apart the European secutrity architecture in place since the end of WWII.

As far as the pipleine explosions, I think it could very well be Putin ruining NS1 & NS2 for whoever succeeds him.

Who else do we hand over to Russia so Putin doesn't push the invasion/nuclear button? The Baltic States? Poland? Finland?

Ukraine is as good a place as any to make a stand against a brutal dictator tearing apart the European secutrity architecture in place since the end of WWII.

As far as the pipleine explosions, I think it could very well be Putin ruining NS1 & NS2 for whoever succeeds him.

Here's the hard truth. Ukraine just doesn't matter to the west. We have no historical connection to the people. No trading. No military alliance. Nothing. So why fight there? Why take the risk there? Russia is clearly not a threat to even Poland. So the idea that European security is in jeopardy is comical.

Yea, Putin blew up his own pipelines to make it harder for his successor? What in the hell is the logic there?

There was no threat of violence, destruction. It was a diplomatic threat, a "it will be shutdown" statement, finding another way, source of gas, which is what they did.

It isn't just about sending gas through the pipeline. And you are equating Putin to all of Russia. Putin is narcissistic, and distrusting, even of his own people. If it is looking like he can use the destruction of that pipeline in his campaigns against the US and as a "tantrum" against perhaps someone who looks to be likely to take power from him later, he absolutely will do that. The pipeline was not profitable as it is now. There is no evidence it would be profitable without Russia clearing out of Ukraine and making restitution for their invasion, something that Putin absolutely would/does not want.

Again, easily able to see this as an "if I can't have it, no one will" act, that also benefits his messaging against the US, the lies he spreads.

These pipelines were not transiting CNG at the time of the explosions.
*but were under pressure.

As surely as a mile of pipe can be laid, it can be replaced. But the point is to threaten Europe's energy security. A punishment and a warning.

I would put a lot money on the Russian FSB having video of Tucker Carlson blowing an illegal immigrant in a park restroom somewhere.
More McCarthyite insanity from the Left. Have you no decency, sir?

Idiotic shit like this seems to be the norm under this new Democrat party.

*but were under pressure.

As surely as a mile of pipe can be laid, it can be replaced. But the point is to threaten Europe's energy security. A punishment and a warning.

Ok, let's assume that's the case, more to the point then of why would Russia do it? Why would they just damage a pipeline they were going to have to repair again in the future? If it was purely temporary, how is that different than just keeping it closed? None of it makes sense. 95% it was a western nation telling Germany to stay on the team, it simply makes the most sense. Germany is in an impossible situation. Their economy will simply not be able to manage this, period, full stop. The damage will be extremely long term at a minimum and will likely permanently impair their chemical and industrial chain.

Back
Top Bottom