• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NATO Says Sabotage Behind Destruction Of Natural Gas Pipelines

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The US has blown up the Nord Stream 1 & 2 gas pipelines which supply huge amounts of natural gas to Europe from Russia, according to Poland's former defense minister:

U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister​

A former Polish Defense Minister, Radek Sikorski, has attributed to the United States the sabotage of two pipelines, Nord Stream 1 and 2, which carry natural gas from Russia to Germany. “Thank you, USA,” Sikorski wrote on Twitter. Sikorski was Minister of National Defense from 2005 - 2007 and served as Deputy Minister of National Defense and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, previously. He is currently an elected member of the European parliament.

If true, this constitutes a massive escalation by the United States in hostilities against Russia, the world's largest nuclear power.

I can't think of any faster way to bring about a nuclear war, than to attack key infrastructure of a major nuclear power.
I think old fool Biden knows that he has one foot in the grave, and doesn't mind taking the rest of us with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited:

Baltics, Finland, Ukraine and US all have logical incentive to damage the pipelines, albeit with huge political, strategic and security risks

The US has blown up the Nord Stream 1 & 2 gas pipelines which supply huge amounts of natural gas to Europe from Russia, according to Poland's former defense minister:

If true, this constitutes a massive escalation by the United States in hostilities against Russia, the world's largest nuclear power.

I can't think of any faster way to bring about a nuclear war, than to attack key infrastructure of a major nuclear power.
I think old fool Biden knows that he has one foot in the grave, and doesn't mind taking the rest of us with him.
Why would Biden intentionally further jeopardise the already compromised energy supplies to America's European allies?

Did anyone consider Russia did this in order to blame the US? It's exactly the type of thing Putin would do. He's been blaming Ukraine for the war since day one and we all know it's Putin's war.

Did anyone consider Russia did this in order to blame the US? It's exactly the type of thing Putin would do. He's been blaming Ukraine for the war since day one and we all know it's Putin's war.
The GQP are not typically smart enough to look at who has the most to gain. Certainly not the US..

Yes, 'black or false flag' ops aren't exactly a new idea.

I doubt the US even has the means to do it. Not because they can't but because they just haven't deployed the resources in the Baltic to do it. The Russians are the most obvious culprit, not only because of the obvious motive but because they have the resources and the ability to do something like this.

Shh, we need to find a way to blame Biden, because we love Putin and Russia….or something like that says the Republicans

Why would Biden intentionally further jeopardise the already compromised energy supplies to America's European allies?

While I don't think this makes sense for the US to do and would far more likely be someone from Sweden, the Baltics, or even Ukraine I don't think your argument makes a difference. You can't jeopardize something that is non-existent. Those energy suppliers were gone now and forever effectively before this happened. It evidently isn't a difficult repair, but it certainly changes the dynamic. One of the analyses I read was that it could signal an open season on international logistics lines that are extremely vulnerable targets, think Colonial Pipeline in the US a year or so ago.

Saying the US done this is one thing, but has any evidence been produced to substantiate the claim?

Conducting a covert operatioon and leaving an overt clue sort of defeats the purpose.

When you have the US intelligence and defense budgets, they are doing all sorts of crazy stuff, all around the world, all the time, and no one hears about it.

Last edited:

One question, why would we?

Everyone stand back! The stable genius will lead the way :rolleyes:

View attachment 67415359
What a ****ing moron. No one cares what he says. Surely no one wants a national security risk heading up anything. And no Donald, we don't negotiate with terrorists. And I'm sure Ukraine feels the same way.

When will this guy realize he's not the president? Holy crap, this guy needs to STFU.

And now a more honest report from an impartial source. The AP is a much more unbiased and honest source.

This is about the new pipeline from Norway to Europe bypassing russia. russia didn't want that pipeline built.

The USA isn't even being considered as responsible for this. russia is. No other nation is being suspected of it but everyone is very careful to say it needs to be investigated.

From the article:

Depending on the scale of the damage, the leaks could even mean a permanent closure of both lines,” analysts Henning Gloystein and Jason Bush wrote.

Puck Nielsen said of possible sabotage that “technically speaking, this is not difficult. It just requires a boat. It requires some divers that know how to handle explosive devices.”

“But I think if we look at who would actually benefit from disturbances, more chaos on the gas market in Europe, I think there’s basically only one actor right now that actually benefits from more uncertainty, and that is Russia," he said.

And now a more honest report from an impartial source. The AP is a much more unbiased and honest source.

This is about the new pipeline from Norway to Europe bypassing russia. russia didn't want that pipeline built.

The USA isn't even being considered as responsible for this. russia is. No other nation is being suspected of it but everyone is very careful to say it needs to be investigated.

From the article:

Depending on the scale of the damage, the leaks could even mean a permanent closure of both lines,” analysts Henning Gloystein and Jason Bush wrote.

Puck Nielsen said of possible sabotage that “technically speaking, this is not difficult. It just requires a boat. It requires some divers that know how to handle explosive devices.”

“But I think if we look at who would actually benefit from disturbances, more chaos on the gas market in Europe, I think there’s basically only one actor right now that actually benefits from more uncertainty, and that is Russia," he said.

Confused — your article says that the pipes run from Russia to Germany.

Back
Top Bottom