• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Name something you don't think needs refrigeration

Human body parts. (They go in the freezer.)

Crikey, you would not believe the bizarre stuff my daughter used to refrigerate. :ROFLMAO:
Of course she has now gone out into the world and we miss the little stinker but I even did a thread called
"This Week in Unnecessary Refrigeration" a couple of years ago, it got a few snickers.

The one that made me laugh hardest was when a friend of hers said she refrigerated a 5 lb bag of flour.
If I recall that helps with the weevil problem. As does a good sifting. SSHH

If you can trust your RAW milk, and you do leave it out, it generally turns to yogurt.
The way we process our milk, it doesn't turn to yogurt, but I don't trust raw milk here in the USA.
The Russians are famous for drinking sour milk.
That would probably be clabber. However pasteurized milk can be left out. As in SHIT! I forgot to put the milk away.

Me! I'm already so damned cool!:cool:

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy

Refrigerators.

That's what my oldest son says too. He uses it for cooking.

Room-temperature soft butter is better for cooking, in some contexts - sometimes you need really cold butter, but most of the time, softer is better.

It's also a lot easier to spread on a piece of fresh bread, or toast.

Room-temperature soft butter is better for cooking, in some contexts - sometimes you need really cold butter, but most of the time, softer is better.

It's also a lot easier to spread on a piece of fresh bread, or toast.
Well really cold butter is best for a pie crust.

Ketchup absolutely can turn sour if not kept in the fridge, and maybe even if you do, after like..a coiton period time.
(Which is more than 1 year)
How the heck do you keep a single bottle of ketchup open for a year without being used? Even a large bottle of ketchup doesn't last more than about a month in my house.

Crikey, you would not believe the bizarre stuff my daughter used to refrigerate. :ROFLMAO:
Of course she has now gone out into the world and we miss the little stinker but I even did a thread called
"This Week in Unnecessary Refrigeration" a couple of years ago, it got a few snickers.

The one that made me laugh hardest was when a friend of hers said she refrigerated a 5 lb bag of flour.
My wife just now told me flour retains it's nutrients, and flavor, better if refrigerated. She also freezes milk, butter and some cheeses. She buys fresh vegetables that can be blanched and frozen. I like them much better than canned.

Adverbs!

my wife doesn't refrigerate full sugar pancake syrup. i guess that makes sense. i refrigerate light and sugar free syrup.

How the heck do you keep a single bottle of ketchup open for a year without being used? Even a large bottle of ketchup doesn't last more than about a month in my house.
A month? The only ketchup that lasts even a week in my house is the little free packets that we keep in a drawer for emergencies.

eggplant, courgette or paprika/bell pepper for example.

cheese

Back
Top Bottom